Their Own Personal Bully (Closed)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
RavenFire487
God
God
Species: Canine

Re: Their Own Personal Bully (Closed)

Post by RavenFire487 »

As the second round started, Ivelese had it on her mind to beat Roberta this round, she lost her chance though. As the coyote was able to get her out before Ivelese got her chance "Man, I was close there." she thought as she watched her walk off, she kept in the game though, managing to tag out three opponents on the other team before getting taken out herself. It was her own fault though, she never should have tried to catch the ball, but it looked like it was on an easy enough flight course that she'd be able to get it easily. But as it slipped through her arms, she sighed and walked off to the sidelines.

Round two ended soon enough, with Roberta's side taking the victory again. Everyone came back off the sidelines as the third round was set up. She looked forward to the last round though, because the teams were scrambled for that one. Meaning that players who you used to work with you could find yourself now playing against.
Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen »

All right, round three. If it went quickly, there would be a fourth round yet. However, the clock, set inside its long dented cage--gym class...it really was brutal sometimes--was winding down. If round three here went long,that was it. But hey, it mattered little. Let's see, who was on the hyena's team this time? Huh, coyote was still on the wrong side. Excellent. But hey, Ivelese, finally! Roberta recalled some of the counseling she had gone to last summer. In order to help make friends, compliments were effective at helping people like you, even if you were who you were. As she approached the line, Roberta flashed the wolfess a smile and called to her, "Hey Ivy, you don't suck at all!" Oops. Try that again. "I mean, heh, um, you're pretty good! Like, I totally had you pegged for a loser at thi--" CRAP. Roberta slumped, hunching forward like her species was wont to do before they discovered chiropractics. "Okay so like, I really suck at compliments," she said, ears drooping in apology.

Before Ms. Lee could embarrass herself further, the whistle blew and the game was on. Darn, that coyote was on the opposing team still, and panting, wild-eyed as ever. Oh well, Roberta focused on everyone else first, even tossing a ball to the only teammate she actually knew. Maybe this school year wouldn't be so bad after all.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3
RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese smiled as the teams were set up, glad to see that she was on Roberta's team for this new round. As she had been about to say something to the Hyena, she suddenly turned and flashed her a smile. Ivelese smiled back, but when she heard the words that came out of Roberta's mouth, she gave her a confused look, her smile returned with the second attempt -maybe this one would be bet-NOPE. Her confused look came back with Roberta's second failed attempt. When the Hyena slumped and admitted her lack of skill with compliments, the wolfess laughed and nodded "Really? Ya don't say?" she replied with friendly sarcasm.

As the whistle blew Ivelese actually managed to catch the ball the had been tossed to her, she whipped it across the gym, hitting a feline in the shoulder and knocking her down.
Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Roberta stuck her tongue out at the little playful sarcasm. She kept close by her...teammate and watched out for her, hoping Ivelese was doing the same in return. She was having plenty of fun, signaled by the whoops and laughter, both genuine and fear-induced, that characterized her play. Coyote boy didn't get hit once in the entire match, but still lost by his own sissy throws, one of the things worth laughing at. Toward the end, though, a crane managed to graze Roberta's shoulder, barely clipping the fur. Despite protesting to Coach Oswald, Roberta Lee was still called out. There went her record.

Not long after, the eight-minute warning bell sounded, to the relief of some and disappointment of others. The white mare blew her whistle for attention, then ordered everyone to the lockers to change back. "Whew!" Roberta said to Ivelese, feeling energized and downright good, "That was a blast. Guess I'll catch you at lunch, huh? Then you can tell me how we're gonna cheat."
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Truthfully though, Ivelese was busy looking out for herself, figuring Roberta didn't really need help in that area. Mostly since the Hyena seemed rather alert and aware of her surroundings. Most of the players, Ivelese included, stopped playing to watch Roberta argue Coach Oswald on the out call. In the end though, it appeared to have been for naught, luckily though the bell rang shortly afterwards and Ivelese and Roberta's team managed to snag the win as they had more players left standing.

Ivelese headed back to the locker room "Yea, I must say, I usually don't have this much fun playing dodgeball. And yea, I'll see you when lunch rolls around." she said, letting the comment about it being 'cheating' pass. Ivelese had always hated that word, she was never really sure exactly why, but the word just bothered immensely. Once they got into the locker-room, Ivelese quickly grabbed her stuff from her locker, and went into a stall to change. Since there was no rule about leaving for class early, she slipped past the other girls, keeping her gaze towards the ground in the process, and left the locker room in the deserted halls.
Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Roberta herself frittered around in the locker room, taking as long as she could to get changed. After most of the other girls left, she finally got around to changing. Nobody but NOBODY was going to find out her secret, she had resolved. Nobody in this school, at least. Stupid gym teacher. Oh well. After finally changing, Roberta booked it for the next class.

The next two classes were two of Roberta's electives. Not being an academic type and not expected to be, she had pursued classes that were mostly shop Wood shop, metalworking, small gas engines, et cetera. Yes...yes, she was fairly butch. The jeers she got from the blue-collar boys were silenced rather quickly when Roberta bent one of the big boys over a saw horse, his arm behind his back. From then on, most of her classmates in the workshops referred to her as simply "Rob."

Having breezed through the first half of the day, the bell rang for lunch. Roberta cleaned herself up, then entered the cafeteria. Ahh, the cafeteria. A collection of watering holes, where furs of varying classes and cliques gathered to feed. But not at the same table, heavens no! Each large, circular table was an oasis for a herd of like-styled individuals who kept their backs to the rest of the crowd. Each line, a feeding trough for the muddled masses. The wild had been brought inside, but the only things that had changed from tribal times were the changes to linoleum and formica. Okay, yeah, and the fact that everyone had to get their sustenance from the same cattle line--no offense to bovine students.

She got in line, a snarl warding off any would-be lunch attackers. So help her, if anyone messed with her food or money, they would be getting a carton of milk shoved up their nose. Carton included. After getting her meal--pizza on the first day! WOO!--Roberta sought out Ivelese and sat down at the prep table, not giving a hoot whether the other girls had anything to say about it.

"Hey hey...I survived," she said to Ivelese, smelling of sawdust.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese was obviously a more artsy type. So she took more creative based classes, such as art and a graphic design classes, both classes passed rather uneventfully, as they classes mainly went through the normal first day activities, such as handing out paperwork, and getting to know each other and the teacher.

With the first half of the day finished, Ivelese gathered up her things and headed to the cafeteria for lunch, as she was heading to her table, she noticed Roberta, mostly as she heard the girl's snarl, standing in the lunch line. She headed over to her table and sat down, most of the girls at the table looked at Roberta a bit confused when she sat down, but then quickly realized why she was there, and broke away from the table to seek out their own partners in the large cafeteria, leaving just Ivelese and Roberta sitting at the table.

Ivelese smiled at her, taking a moment to get over the powerful smell of sawdust before she finally spoke "Well, that's good to hear. Though I don't know if you could say the same after having some of this school's food." she replied, digging through her bag and pulling out the folder from Duxon's class.
Bigfox3
God
God
Species: Fennec Fox

Post by Bigfox3 »

(Larcen said I could for sake of our own continuity, and because it'll be hysterical. I'll delete it if I'm not supposed to. XD)

Francis O'Hare was still getting used to the high school crowd, his middle school days only over three months ago. He never was great in gym, but he did look good in the outfit. His backend still stung a bit from the blow, and he was looking for a cool place to sit. He was dressed like an oddball, but the fennec didn't mind because he knew he looked good in just about anything. He brushed his blue hair aside, dyed from the rest of his natural cream colored fur for the sake of rebellion, and spotted a table with two odd characters, a preppy art girl and the burly girl that pegged him in dodgeball today. He decided to go over and sit down gingerly, opening his lunchbox and grinning at the two, "Girls, you forced this upon me, since I don't feel like explaining why I'm sitting down so carefully to anyone today. Name's Fritz," he said, using his favorite nickname instead of his real name, "If you girls are busy, I'll try not to interrupt." He winked at Ivelese for good effect, hoping to at least get on her good side.
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D
Garoslaw
Thief
Thief
Species: Amur Leopard

Post by Garoslaw »

Spoiler:
The curious girl, Himiko, seemed to be ever-curious about where she stood at currently, which was Edwin. She seemed to decide, among some other classes, History. The eyes of a predator looked on to the surroundings, eventually catching an eye to how people behave in there. For her, the walk to the lunch room was almost like an adventure. As she headed to the area, she spotted two of her fellow classmates, almost immediately walking over to them, and taking a seat with a small smile.

The "lunchbox" she had set on the table was actually a Bento, complete with rice, fish and cooked vegetables. All neatly organised, she sat quietly for a moment or two, and nodded to her classmates once more.
That guy that is mostly on the IRC
Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

[S'alright, Garo. I came from a school so small and country it might as well have been Martian, for how atypical it was. We're kinda just doing a hybrid of schools into one.]

Roberta snickered derisively when everyone deserted Ivelese's table. "Yeah, shoulda warned you that would happen." She was beyond depressed and had grown a little bitter about her untouchable status. She took a bite, but then interrupted it by bowing her head and covering her fist with the other paw, laying her ears back for a brief moment of grace. When she opened her eyes and started to ask about the assignment, scarcely could she get a word out before the wolf and hyena were joined by that fennec she'd pelted in gym class.

Sizing him up, he was a freshman. Or to Roberta, fresh meat. She leaned on her paw, grinning wide, silently at the fennec. She wanted the fresh meat to squirm a bit, wonder why she was smiling so before she let him have it. Seniorhood was something she had been waiting for her entire high school career, and now she possessed the authority to abuse her authority. "Oh, like, hi..." she said with a cryptic yet sinister smoothness.

Oh-oh, though. Just before she had fully cooked up a good quip, they were joined again by the foreign caracal from writing class. That weird little lunch tray thingy confused her in its aesthetics and teeny portion sizes, since Roberta had taken two slices of pizza, dripping with grease, and extra tater tots. As a scavenger, she could eat anything, and as history had shown, anything greasy had become the bane of the scavenger's existence...or at least its waistline. Now you know where she got her figure.

But anyway, Roberta still puzzled at the foreign girl. "What the...?" she said, looking at the artistically arranged little...whatevers she had brought to eat. Sushi had never been touched by this hyena's mouth, so bear with her. She shook off the bemusement and finally regarded her partner's project idea, ignoring ear boy and foreign girl for now. All in good time for them. "Anyway, so like, how we gonna cheat this project?" she said through a mouthful of pizza.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese looked around the cafeteria, to see where her friends had gone "Oh, it's fine I think they just realized that you were sitting here because of that project. I think they all went off to their partners." she said, noticing that they weren't sitting with each other. Just as she had been about to start talking about the project the fennec joined them.

Ivelese watched curiously as Roberta looked him over, as he was clearly a freshman and the hyena seemed rather keen to realize it and take advantage of some kind of senior power she thought she had. Ivelese just kind of waited till Roberta was finished being awkward to start talking to her. But then the foreign girl from their English class suddenly joined the table too. Despite being annoyed by the presence of the other two people, Ivelese was ready when asked how they planned to work on the assignment.

She handed Roberta the question sheet that Mr. Duxon had given out with the project packet "Ok so my idea was that we answer the questions on the interview sheets ourselves, and then just trade sheets, like this." she pointed at the paper "I answered all these questions about myself, so now you answer all the ones on your paper about yourself, then we swap papers and there, then we have everything we need to know about each other in order to write the Essays."
Bigfox3
God
God
Species: Fennec Fox

Post by Bigfox3 »

Fritz was mildly uncomfortable under the stare, but then, he also wasn't the type to take things sitting down as it were, "Oh, those questions look boring. If I get that teacher my senior year, I'd buff it up with questions of my own. Seriously, who doesn't love getting into other people's business?" He grinned back at Spike, starting to regain some of his composure and charm he'd always had growing up. He was also impressed at Himiko's lunchbox, "A Bento box, huh? I saw a few of those on display at a store I went to with my mom the other day. Sad though, she doesn't have the patience for cooking," he says as he pulls out a PB&J, a yogurt cup and an apple from his bag. "I make due, but what I can share..." he said as a way for the table to bond as he pulled out four foil wrapped cookies, "I'd be willing to as a way to make that assignment easier." He handed each of the girls a cookie and looked at Spike with a small smirk, "I'm sorry it's not much as a peace offering, but would it do for you not pelting me in dodgeball for the rest of the year?"
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D
Garoslaw
Thief
Thief
Species: Amur Leopard

Post by Garoslaw »

Himiko looked with slight shock at the cheat attempt, closing her bento box, "Oh, but is this fair? I'm sure you can find a better way than cheating your way to it..." she said, remaining her composure. Before she would be able to say anything else, she looked to Fritz and his cookies, "Oh, yes~ I prepared it myself... Oh, thank you." she replied, taking the cookie in her paw.
Taking small nibbles from it, she looked on to Roberta and Ivelesse, "Forgive me, but I must go talk with Mr. Duxon... My partner fell sick lately, ended up being alone." she said, standing up and bowing, before doing off to talk with the teacher.
That guy that is mostly on the IRC
Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Roberta had to squint to hear through the foreign girl's accent. Yes, you read that right. It was still hard for her to get, but the gist came through, to her dismay. The hyena's first impulse was to capitalize on this difficulty, to tease her and thereby nullify her argument. Roberta could have said, sorry, what? I can't understand you. Speak Edwinish! Then the cat would have repeated, and Roberta would have kept making fun of her until she shut up. That was what Roberta might have done. Unfortunately, what Himiko was saying gelled perfectly with the code of conduct put forth by Roberta's parents. She couldn't do it, and now her gut felt kinda sour at the idea of cheating. Well, her gut could be shut up with food, and what Roberta could do right now was take fluffy boy's proffered cookie. Which she did. "Fhanks, Fwuffy," she said through a mouthful of crumbs, her head still craned low, hunched over in guilt.

"But yeah, Ivy, the ear-extensions are kinda right," Roberta sighed after Himiko left, "We might as well just do this thing the right way, y'know? Can't get caught that way, and all a sudden, I'm kinda like, sick of taking shortcuts and getting D's. Besides, you don't know hyena luck. If we try something stupid, just 'cuz you're working with me, we're GONNA get caught. No might about it. So, let's just do this and get it over with, okay? My place, tonight, dinner?" Hey, bonus was that she'd be showing her parents she could make new friends. Hopefully.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese rolled her eyes at Himiko's attempt to sway them from what they had been planning to do. Ivelese didn't care, and she honestly figured that Roberta wasn't gonna really care about the morality of taking a shortcut on the project. So naturally she looked rather shocked when Roberta said the foreign exchange student was right 'Oh you've got to be kidding me.' Ivelese thought to herself 'The girl who only avoids permanently injuring people during dodgeball because she'd have to sit out if she did actually cared about cheating?' she was pretty upset by the current situation, which she managed to hide very well fortunately. At the offer to come to her place for dinner, she let out a groan "Ugh, fine. Where do you even live?" she asked, now expecting this situation to get as bad as it could.

As Himiko left, Ivelese glared at her, blaming the foreigner for making this project now a lot more difficult "Freaking foreigners." she muttered under her breath