Arctic Vacation

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: Arctic Vacation

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom frowned, he always hated to hear self depreciation from people...especially when it was far from true. "A little bit of clumsiness does not make you an idiot." He replied with a quiet firmness. His eyes did widen quite a bit when she put her hand in the fire, and pulled it out without so much as singed fur. He had been about to ask how she had accomplished such a feat when the self depreciation came back. "I have not seen a single thing from you that I would consider stupid." He said just before the rabbit returned. He looked at the boots as the rabbit pulled them from the box. He gave an appreciative whistle. "hey, now those are nice." He commented as the rabbit slid the boots on Wakia's foot. It took Gavin a moment before he realized what the rabbit was asking him for. "oh..right" he said hastily as he took off his shoe, and provided his foot to the rabbit.
Last edited by Asyriel on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

The rabbit took a moment to measure the man's foot and then stand. "Ah, common enough size. Would you like to see anything in particular?" He asked as he put away the slide. Wakia was looking her new boots over. They were't heels, but they certainly did match her fur and outfit. They were soft inside, warm, plush. She nodded and picked up her purse. Digging through and finally bringing out a small coin purse. Opening it up, she rolled out some twenties and pulled a couple. The rabbit eyed her a moment before sighing softly. He accepted the money without argument, though it was easy to tell he was thinking she gave him too much.

Sliding her other boot on, she stood and walked in them a bit. her wings shifted some, dropping a couple feathers. The rabbit watched her, not like the book store keeper, but like Amadeas had. Intently, but kindly. The ferret moved around some, shifting her weight a bit to see how the boots moved.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom chuckled "warm and comfortable would be preferred." he replied. He had learned during his time in the military that if you did a lot of walking, and your feet didn't feel good, you were going to be miserable, no matter how good you looked. As he spoke he watched Wakia, she seemed to be doing well with her new boots. "they look good on you." he complimented. He shrugged at the rabbit when she paid for the shoes, he had offered to get them for her, but if she wanted to buy them, he wasn't going to argue. When he saw how the rabbit watched Wakia, he started to get the feeling that there were two opinions when it came to the locals and Wakia. Those that realized she was clumsy, and were affectionately resigned to it, and those that thought she was a bit of a menace and were still resigned to it.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The rabbit let her wander the store as he turned back to Malcom. "Ah. Warm and comfortable. That I have." He wandered off for a bit, leaving them alone.

Wakia slowly walked past the shelves of boots and shoes. Each display cleaned and polished to shine in the lights. The ferret female gently touching each. Seeing they were alone, she spoke softly, "What do you know about Angels?" she asked him.

The rabbit was close enough he could hear every word, though with his ears it was inevitable he would overhear everything in his shop. He sighed as he prayed silently that Wakia wasn't making a mistake. She was a kind woman, spirited, but a touch off balance in the agility department. She really meant no harm and was so sweet she could turn most of the populous to like her. A few did not, and thought her a troublemaker and problem. But they were few and no one dared raise a paw to the woman.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom chuckled "effectively nothing I suppose....I've never been religious. When I hear angel though, I think of protectors, and defenders." He shrugged, not really having much else to say on the subject. "though I am curious why you bring it up." he commented with a genuine smile, and a lack of any judgement. He let out a good natured laugh "never quite saw shoes as a segue into the topic of angels" He paused a moment as he thought of something. "unless something else brought it up....your hand earlier...the fire." he raised an eyebrow and smiled there was still no judgement or accusation in his tones or expression.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

She turned to him, slowly spreading her wings a bit more. Then she reached up over her head, where there was empty space. She thumped something that had been invisible before. A loud metallic ring sang out, like a pure note from a beautiful bell. There, over her head a halo glowed for a moment before fading from sight again. "We've always been here. Hiding in plain sight. Just that some of us are.....not very gifted."

Her tone was almost sad as she moved to sit by the fire again. Sliding her paw into it, she caught some and brought it out. "I try to be good. I try to be a good angel. But I'm such a mess. I can't even walk straight." The rabbit was leaned against the wall. he was watching silently, letting Wakia talk.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom's eyes widened a bit in genuine surprise when he heard the tone, and even more when he saw the halo. "Go figure...I never would have guessed." He said before his expression softened into a gentle smile. "who ever said you have to be graceful to be good, or to help people?" he asked. "Sometimes what a fur needs most is a friend that will listen, and not judge." He had met a couple such furs in his past, ones that had been thinking of taking their own lives, but seeing that someone genuinely cared had brought them back from the edge. "I still think you just need to find your niche is all." he continued with confidence. His smile stayed soft and warm the entire time. He thought about putting a paw on hers, then reconsidered, not wanting to test if the fire in it would still be hot for him.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

She smiled, slowly closing her paw on the fire and snuffing it out. Though her smile was slightly twisted in sadness. She brought her tail around and hugged it as she closed her wings. "Most of us in this town are angels. they all know me. A few of the mortals do too. But most of the furs here just tolerate me. Amadeas and Agreal like me. They say Im special. But I dont see it."

She sat back down, hugging her tial.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom's smile was gentle as he spoke. "I think Amadeas, and Agreal have the right idea." he replied as he sat down close to her. He had the urge to put an arm around her, but wasn't sure it would be appropriate or welcome considering he had only met her a few hours earlier. "maybe a change of scenery would help you to see." he offered "could be that some new faces would offer a fresh perspective."
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

She looked at him strangely, "You think so? I mean.... This is all I have known. I was born here, almost 200 years ago." she whispered. The rabbit came forward then, holding up a box. "I believe this is what you are looking for sir." IT wasnt that he wanted to stop Wakia from talking to him. But he was concerned. She had had this particular conversation before. And the last time it had put her in the hospital for a week.

The rabbit opened the box in his paws, and displayed a pair of black leather shoes. Very beautifully polished, almost glowing in the lights. The inside was lined with soft fur, and on the bottom had a metal plated soul with strong rubber cover. It was steel toed, but very formal.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom nodded at Wakia when she asked if he really thought it would be good for her to go somewhere else. "I would suggest just a visit somewhere before you think of pulling out of here completely." he replied as the rabbit came forward. He looked at the shoes and was quite impressed. "they definitely look great." he replied as he took the shoes from the box. He pulled his own shoes from his feet, and slipped the new ones on. He got up and started pacing back and forth in them, testing the feel. He spoke to Wakia as he paced. "you know, I'm going to be around for at least a week. you know what we could do." he continued "we can get to know each other during that time, you can show me all the good sights, and if you decide you're comfortable with it, you could come to Edwin, and I'll play tour guide." He finished with a smile as he sat back down and took off the new shoes. He turned his attention back to the rabbit "these are great, I'll take them. What's the total?" he asked as he put his old shoes back on.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The rabbit smiled, "25. I'm just glad to have a use for those." As he headed for the register to ring them up, Wakia spoke, "I...I'd like that. I think I will. We have a week, so I can show you around more. It's gonna get cold after dark, so we have to be indoors by then. Even we Angel's wont walk in the snow after dark." she said softly.

Wakia then looked up toward the door. She turned her head, almost upside down as she watched someone coming in. A tall, lanky white ferret, wearing a black tank top, black jeans with silver chains and buttons all over them, had at least 15 ear piercings, and two nose rings. He had bright eyes, and his headband has the large A within a circle, the symbol of an anarchist. He spotted Wakia and came over. "Aye Ya! Me sister, what you been doing lassy?" Wakia giggled, "Hey hun. I'm talking to my new friend. I'm going to show him the sights of our little town." The ferret laughed, very cheerfully at that, "Oh Aye. You enjoy that now. I'm headed over to see mum and pop. Gonna have dinner with the folks and then skip down to the pub for a wee nip o'scotch. Would you care to join me then with your friend?" Wakia looked to Malcom, "Would you like to enjoy a drink with my brother after dinner time?"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom nodded to the rabbit before he pulled out his wallet, and rifled through it to find the appropriate currency. "Thank you." He told the rabbit with a smile as he handed over the cash. "Great..." Malcom replied to Wakia as she decided that she was open to his plan.

He stopped for a moment as another ferret walked into the shop, the ferret's attire and accessories weren't anything new to Malcom, though the headband made him wonder if the ferret actively supported the symbol on his headband, or if it was just something to wear. The surprise came when he announced that Wakia was his sister. While the two looked similar to an extent, their personalities, or at least Malcom's first impression of them, were like night and day, not to mention that the brothers speech patterns struck him as closer to something he would hear in someone from his homeland. He looked at the two ferrets for a moment after Wakia asked if he'd like to share a drink with her brother. Eventually he shrugged. "Sure, why not." He decided with a grin. "could be a good time." He tucked the shoe box under an arm. "so, where to next?" he asked Wakia.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Wakia watched her brother tip some imaginary hat and wander over to the rabbit. When Malcom asked where to next, she paused, and looked toward the door. "Um...The Ice hotel. It's closest to us at the moment. We can see more of the main street on the way there." she said, her smile coming back.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"To the ice hotel then..." Malcom replied with a smile as he headed to the door, and held it open for Wakia "after you m'lady" he said with a bit of a bow before following her out into the weather. "This has been pretty fun so far." He commented conversationally as he let her lead the way toward the ice hotel.