Arctic Vacation

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: Arctic Vacation

Post by Asyriel »

"Tellissa huh?" Malcom replied before Wakia took hold of his paw, and his vision altered. He was quiet for a long time before he spoke again. "that is beautiful, it must be amazing to see the world like that." He commented with genuine enthusiasm. He paused for a moment before he made another comment. "Though I bet it can be a bit of a double edged sword at times." He continued to look out over the land for a while longer, enjoying the view, the atmosphere, and the company. "what's our next destination?" he eventually asked as he noticed that they had been standing on the roof for quite a while now.
Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

The woman took a moment longer to look, before smiling, "Lets go see the hot springs. They should be open still." Walking back down, she led him out, and a fair walk away. The sun was starting to dip now, as they came near the hot springs. The person at the desk smiled when he saw her. He stood, a tall polar bear. "Well well, Wakia. Come for a dip? Oh you brought a friend! I haven't seen your face before." The bear extended a paw in greeting.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"sounds like a plan." Malcom replied with a grin before he fell in following as Wakia led the way to the hot springs. He continued to watch the scenery and their surrounding as they walked toward the springs. He grinned back at the polar bear, and shook his paw. "I just arrived today from Edwin. Going to be around for a few days, name's Malcom Thatcher." He said as he looked at the desk. "So, how does this work? Is it crowded today?" he asked curiously
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The bear laughed softly and motioned them closer to the desk. taking a seat, the bear sipped some coffee before he picked up a chart. "Not to crowded. Bit late in the day for a dip though. Though if you want I can work you in." Wakia smiled, "Maybe tomorrow hun. We still ahve a few other places to see." The bear arched an eyebrow, "We? oh is this someone you met before?" Wakia shook her head. "No. This is a friend of mine. met him this afternoon. Been showing him around town." The bear smiled, "Oh, I see. Well if you come tomorrow, you can have lodge 14. it's unoccupied all day tomorrow." She looked at Malcom. "TOmorrow?" she asked.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom looked a little disappointed that it was getting late for a dip in the springs, but he shrugged. "Sure, tomorrow works. Anything special about lodge 14?" he asked curiously.

He waited for Wakia to be ready, and again lead the way. "so, what do you have planned for our next stop?" he asked, his cheerful attitude quickly returning. "we may want to think about grabbing a bite to eat soon, do you have any recommendations, or preferences?...my treat." he said with a wide smile.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The bear shrugged, "Lodge 14 has a locking door. Usually couples or small groups take that one. Privacy I guess." Wakia nodded and the bear signed it down in the sheet. "Just stop in whenever you feel ready."

Wakia walked with malcom, thinking, "Hmmm next stop...Let's head to the tavern. They have some good food and we can catch my brother there. Mother and Father will be there too. Also they should have the fireplace running really good right now so it will be warm." Walking with him, she led him to the Tavern, which was across the street from the actual hotel. Entering through the massive wooden door, she smiled as the scents of food and drink filled the air. The sound of laughter and conversation followed. She looked around, until she spotted the tall white ferret that was her brother.

He was sitting with a pair of slightly older looking ferrets. One male, with white fur, and a female albino. Her soft rose colored eyes seemed aged, but still full of life. The male's brown eyes flickered and danced with a fire and life that was rarely seen in one his age. Then the older male noticed Wakia and Malcom. Waving them over, he smiled brightly.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom nodded as the bear explained about lodge 14. "sound nice." He commented with a smile as Wakia signed the sheet.

"The tavern it is." He replied enthusiastically as he thrust a finger high into the air. He followed her to the tavern, and was pleasantly surprised to find it across the street from his hotel. "well now...isn't this convenient" he commented at that realization. He wore a pleased expression as they walked into the tavern itself. He watched where Wakia looked, and noticed her brother, then a pair of ferrets that he decided had to be her parents. He smiled and waved as Wakia's father waved them over.

"Hello, good to see you again." he said to her brother before addressing her parents "Hi, my name is Malcom Thatcher." He said without loosing a bit of enthusiasm, or good cheer.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Oh Aye! I told ya mum, he was a smart one. Lookit! He's even introduced himself proper!" The father stood and held out a paw. "Pleasure to meet you sir. My name is Thadius. This is my wife Gladliel, You have met my son Barius. And our lovely daughter Wakia. Come, join us for a meal and a drink or two. We don't oft get visitors that take a shine to our sweet girl here."

Sitting, the father motioned for both Wakia and Malcom to sit. Barius just leaned against the wooden support beam by the table. Smoking a cig as he sipped his mead. "Order what you like sir. This place is known for excellent foods. The chef is one of our own. traveled the world to learn cooking, and brought it back. though the only alcohol comes from our lands. tradition I guess you could say." He gestured to a couple menus set on the table. They were small, hand written in Arctic. Wakia looked over hers then glanced at malcom, "Want me to explain what it says?" she asked.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom nodded at Barius' comment. He smiled at Wakia when her father commented on visitors taking a shine to her. "she's been delightful company." he replied as he sat down with Wakia's family. He looked at the menu for a few moments, he knew enough to know which way to attempt to read it, but couldn't make out more than a word here and there. He wondered to himself while he looked at the menu if 'one of our own' meant that the chef was an angel as well or if it meant he was of arctic descent...maybe both. He smiled gratefully when Wakia offered to help interpret the menu. "yes please I can barely read Arctic." he replied "that or if you have a recommendation, since I'm sure you know what the best items on the menu are, and I'll eat just about anything."
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Wakia smiled, "today's special is pot roast with gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans. This here is Yamanese. Its General Tso's chicken, over fried rice. This one is Shepherd's pie. Its deer, potatoes, peas, cream, cheese, gravy, and beans. And the last one is an Arctic favorite around here, Fish and elk, with snow peas and a loaf of bread. It's pretty good. Oh here are the drinks. Coffee, Tea, Coke, diet coke, and these ar the hard drinks. Mead, Winter Ale, and SnowBeard. I wouldn't suggest that stuff. It's really just potato mash that's been fermented, and has maple syrup added to it for flavor. its really sweet and strong. I can't drink it."

She glanced at her own menu and then made her choice. She waited on Malcom to decide what he wanted before calling the barmaid over.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom listened as Wakia explained the menu, then tapped his fingers on the table for a few moments as he contemplated his decision. "hmmm...been a while since I had elk, the elk and fish sounds good...and some mead to go with it would be great. I think I'll stay away from the snowbeard" he replied with a chuckle and a smile. "It's nice to be able to kick back and enjoy my visit to the Arctic this time around." He commented as he waited for the barmaid to come over so they could place their order. "last time it was pretty much nothing but training."
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Wakia nodded. The father waved over the barmaid whom took their orders. After that, the father looked to Malcom. "You aren't like most of the outlanders that come here. most of them want to prove how tough they are and go right for the snowbeard. Actually there is a funny story behind its name." barius picked up there, "Aye laddy. You drink it, and iffin ye aint ready for it, ye find yourself face down in the snow. When ye pick yourself up, you'um find yourself with a snow beard."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom laughed "that definitely sounds like a fitting name." he replied before smiling at Wakia's father. "I've left my days of proving how tough I am behind. I much prefer to relax, and enjoy myself." He chuckled as the imagery went through his head again. "sounds like that snowbeard is a drink that sneaks up on you though. I've tried a couple like that before, it usually didn't end well." He shook his head as he remembered his military days, and some of the crazy stuff he had done. "This is a nice community you all have here, I'm very glad I decided to visit." He debated telling Wakia's parents about the tentative invitation he had extended to show her around Edwin, all while wondering if she was going to mention it herself.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The father nodded softly. "Yes. Its quiet. Not many here. Maybe 900 all told. Most of us are hunters or fisherman. A few carpenters here and there. Some hotel staff and the odd merchant. Most of our supplies are coming in through the harbor or the airport. We have our own little world here." The mother smiled as the barmaid brought her another mead. Sipping it, she spoke finally. "So, what brought you so far north? Would it be the poker tournament in the Ice Hotel Parlor? $700,000 is a lot of money in any currency."

Wakia seemed to sense some of his apprehension and broached a new subject. "I was thinking....some travel might do me good. maybe go see other places?" Her mother blinked but smiled. Her father nodded softly. "Aye. That it could. This town's great for me and your mother. We're old. We dont want to see anymore of the world except our backyard. You and your brother are young. You both need to go see the world." Barius snickered, Then he muttered something that didn't sound anything like Arctic, or any other known language. The father rolled his eyes.

Wakia was looking in her glass, and her mother smiled a bit. "I think it's a good idea to travel with a handsome young man." Wakia about dropped her glass. She should have known her mother would figure it out that quick.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom chuckled. "it is idyllic, and a wonderful place to visit." He grinned with the subject of a poker tournament was brought up. "I won't lie, it is a big part of the reason I came, the rest was a chance to enjoy the country without things like timelines, and training looming overhead to taint the experience. 700,000 huh...not a bad chunk, I hadn't been informed of the stakes yet...it would definitely go a long way." He looked at Wakia when she saved him the difficulty of figuring out how to breech the subject of her traveling, and smiled at the reaction it prompted from her father. He did turn an ear, and tilt his head a bit when Barius said something, He had a good ear for languages, but couldn't put a finger on the one Barius used. His attention was quickly snagged away though when Wakia's mother as much as gave her approval for the two of them to travel together. Though Wakia's reaction nearly made him laugh in surprise. "well, I guess that as much as settles that...provided you still want to come with me when I get ready to leave." He said to her cheerfully. "though I am curious what you had to say on the subject Barius." he finished, still smiling