Arctic Vacation

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Re: Arctic Vacation

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

The fox paused and looked around. Taking a bit of time to think as he mentally checked their stock. "Off paw, I would say this." He led them to a display that stood like a proud male. The clothing was different than the rest of the shop. It was reminiscent of the 1930's. The mob wars and their own fashion sense. The fox put a paw on the display. "I you want to impress, nothing says rich and dangerous like a mafia suit. High stakes or just hustling the pool table. I've always liked outfits like this."

The soft thud of bare paws on the floor behind them got Wakia to turn. She smiled as she saw the wolf. "Amadeas." Behind them as a 6'5" white arctic wolf male. He had a large set of wings on his back, and his eyes looked near identical to the Fox's eyes. His thick, green mane of hair was pulled back and braided tightly, and swaying too and fro upon his rump was a near 4ft tail.. His own clothing was striking. A blood red silk vest, with black pinstripe trousers, suspenders, and a pair of wire framed glasses. "Agreal, are we trying to up-sell that suit again?" he smiled softly at them. "Forgive my husband. He seems to believe that suits are all purpose ware and for all occasions. Though did I hear you were interested in something to wear at a poker game?"
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom looked at the suit Agreal showed him for a while, walking around it, and checking it from every angle. Eventually he chuckled "I do have to admit, it would cut quite the figure..." He turned as he heard the approach of Amadeas. "indeed, though I am seriously thinking in this case it might fit the bill....unless you have something else to show me" Malcom replied. He noted the similarities in the eyes of the shops owners, and thought it a little unusual that they would both have such a unique color of eyes. He of course kept this observation to himself. It wasn't his place to stick his nose in others' personal business and he made a point of following it; thing like that could get a fur killed if he weren't careful. "I attend a variety of high stakes games as a way of earning income...poker is my favorite though." he explained. He hadn't divulged it yet, but that was part of the reason he was in the area. Most of the games in Edwin were starting to get tired having him, and he had heard tell of a game in this area that was running on a large budget. "Wakia says you have the best clothes around so..." He Grinned at the wolf.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The wolf nodded softly, "Ah...come with me. Agreal. take the suit down, and lock the door, Put up the busy sign." The fox seemed giggly as he did so. The wolf led Malcom and Wakia to a side room with a curtain. Opening the curtain he motioned to a platform that was a few inches tall. "Take off your jacket please. Shoes, gloves and the like as well. That particular suit was made for someone slightly larger than you, so I need to take measurements to know how much to take in." He said as he picked up a small roll of nylon measuring tape. "Wakia, have a seat over there by the wood heater. You look a bit chilled."

"Oh no Im alright!" she said. The wolf looked at her feet. "Again with the heels....Dear when are you going to just get a nice pair of boots." She stood up straight, seeming rather offended, "Ladies do not wear boots." she said, trying to sound noble. The wolf chuckled as he shook his head, "As you wish dear. Go have a seat though. Your feet look awfully cold from that snow."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom found himself grinning as he followed the wolf to the side room, he was finding Agreal's giddiness slightly infectious. He nodded to Amadeas as he stripped of his jacket, and kicked off his shoes. He stepped up on the platform for measurements and chuckled as Amadeas told Wakia she looked chilled. "She was just talking about how warm it was not long ago." Shen she talked about ladies and boots, he couldn't help but interject again "I've seen a few ladies pull off boots rather well." He mused "Something in tight thin leather maybe, coming up to just below the knee." He grinned at the thought. "There's also the option of thicker heels too." he added

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Amadeas nodded, "yes. may need to order her something like that. It's getting hard to patch her heels every other week. They are not meant to run in." She stuck her tongue out at him and the wolf laughed softly. He began measuring Malcom, nodding to himself, but not speaking. Agreal brought the suit over after a moment and picked up the pen and pad on the table. Without even looking Amadeas began to rattle off numbers in rapid succession. Like an auctioneer, he had at least fifteen different numbers and letters fired off in just a matter of seconds. The fox seemed to have no trouble keeping up.

Once done the fox looked to the side wall where a chart hun. Looking over everything, he murred to himself pleasantly. His ail swishing back and forth as he swayed his hips to some song in his head. After a moment he spoke, "Looks like we may be taking the waist in a bit. Shoulders too. Otherwise the suit is almost a perfect fit. Have to take the cuffs back an inch, though." The wolf nodded, "Alright, nothing too serious. We can have the suit ready for you by this evening if you like." Wakia seemed happy at that prospect, "Oh plenty of time to show you around then!!"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom was impressed at the efficiency of the pair of tailors, Amadeas made quick measurements and Agreal didn't miss a beat in recording them. He listened as Agreal murmured about the measurements. "almost had it made for me from the get go." he commented with a laugh. "this evening sounds perfect. I thank you gentlemen, and trust that your work will be superb." He turned his attention to Wakia as he collected his coat, and shoes. "that sounds like a plan. I'm sure there are more shops to visit, and you did mention something about some hot springs earlier." he said as he returned his shoes to his feet, and pulled his jacket back on. "perhaps we should pick you up a new pair of shoes while we're at it." he suggested as he was ready to go.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

"Oh well then you want Alivan's." Wakia said softly as she waited for him, but was all the way by the door suddenly. No movements, no foot steps, not even the rustle of clothing on the racks as she went there. Just.....there. Amadeas looked up, the back down to the table as he viewed the measurements. Agreal seemed not to notice anything.

Wakia waited for him to get close before walking out with him, closing the door behind them. her bare feet crunching the light layer of snow that had started getting deeper on the sidewalk. "After shoes, mmmmmm maybe I could show you the Ice Hotel! Its a nifty tourist attraction. Just went up a couple years ago. After that its off to the hot springs and then we can pick up your suit before I drop you back off at the hotel you stay at and head home for the night!"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"Alvians?" Malcom asked with some curiosity. As he looked in Wakia's direction she was suddenly already at the door. He shook his head, and rubbed his eyes a bit. He looked at the tailors, and noted their lack of reaction. He shook his head again, and attributed it to jet lag, and joined Wakia at the door. "Ice hotel sounds like fun, I've read about it, sounds like quite the attraction, though I'm not sure if I'd want to stay the night." He took deep breaths of the cold air as they went, enjoying the surroundings, and the company. "So, what do you normally do?" he asked, to continue conversation, and learn more about his guide.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

"Oh me? I'm an artist....not a successful one mind you... But i paint every day...." She smiled to herself. Leading him along slowly, she brought him to a rustic wooden building. opening the door slowly, she smiled as the warm rush of air met them. Inside it smelt like a shoe store. But there were more than just shoes inside. Socks, stockings, and the odd wader suit were displayed. "I like to paint, but no one seems to understand my work."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"oh, an artist? What do you usually paint?" Malcom asked as they walked. He smiled at the building she brought him to, and had to wonder how long it had been there. The warm rush of air that washed over them as she opened the door felt almost like one would expect upon coming home. Malcom had to admit, he liked this shop. "What's there to understand....it's art, either you like it or you don't." was Malcom's reply "I wouldn't mind seeing your paintings if your willing to show them" he mused as he looked around the shop. he wasn't very picky about his own shoes...as long as they were comfortable, but he did wonder if maybe this shoe store might have something that could be a best of both worlds scenario for Wakia. A pair of boots that could be practical without loosing too much femininity, of course that wouldn't matter if she didn't like them. "Is this where you normally shop for shoes?" he asked.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

She nodded to him when asked if this is where she shopped for shoes. Then she smiled, "I'll bring some of my art up to where ever you are staying tomorrow. Let you look at eep!" Right in the door she fell. Landing on her chest, she oofed loudly. Her bag fell off as she hit the floor and shot across the room to land by the counter. A fur came around then, a short, arctic rabbit. he had a bit of a hop in his step, as he picked up the bag and brought it back. As he walked, he dug through it and pulled out the broken heels. "My my, again Wakia? When will you learn not to run in heels dear?" he asked. He wore a small set of glasses, and looked a bit older than most of the furs here did. Seeing Malcom, he smiled as Wakia picked herself up off the floor. Brushing off her coat, she smiled like nothing had happened. "So, how may I help you both?" the rabbit asked.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"I'd love to see some of your art." Malcom replied, turning to face her again. "oop" Malcom had moved to try to catch Wakia as she fell, but was too late. He winced sympathetically , but she had picked herself up again before he could offer a helping hand. He shook his head as she acted like nothing had happened, then he remembered the incident from earlier and shook his head, and looked at the rabbit; it seemed most everyone in the area knew Wakia. "well, she needs a new pair of shoes." Malcom commented "I'm along for the ride" he said with a friendly grin. He left it at that as he didn't want to be so presumptuous as to make suggestions for her.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The rabbit nodded knowingly and motioned them to follow. "Here...sit by the fireplace while I see what I have in stock in her size. Would you like a fitting as well sir? free of charge." he offered as he led them to a stone fireplace on the side of the building. A merry little fire was burning away inside, filling the place with warmth and light. The rabbit took a moment to adjust his glasses and look over Wakia's busted heels. No repairing them this time. Had to replace them.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Malcom sat down next to Wakia near the fire. He shrugged when the rabbit asked if he wanted a fitting. "suppose it wouldn't hurt" he replied. He looked around from his seat as the rabbit checked his stock. "you seem to be pretty well known around here." He commented to Wakia. "Are you a bit of a local celebrity?" he asked. As he sat, he wondered just what kind of shoes the rabbit would come back with.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Wakia's expression relaxed a bit, her smile fading some. "village Idiot." she whispered. She looked to the fire, sticking her paw in it for a moment before bringing it back out. No burns, no even singed. "It is strange. To be so strong, and yet so stupid...."

The rabbit came back, looking over his glasses at them and smiled softly, "Found something you might like Wakia." He set a box down, slightly dusty on the top. Opening the lid, he held up a pair of boots. They were knee high, had no heels, and were wrapped in a thick, white fur. "I had these for a few years. Not much call for them now, so I set them aside. Glad I did. These should keep you from falling on the ice and snow." She smiled and lifted one leg. Letting him slide it on for her. Then he picked up a long metal slide with two plates on it. "Sir, your foot please."