Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Post by Kitsunegami »

((OOC: to view the discussion, go here. Do not post unless accepted.))

As the days turn into weeks, and the weeks into months, the seasons change. Summer was only days away and the beaches were already getting crowded. Temperatures and tempers grew hotter with every day at summer's swift approach. Days like these are used for both celebrations and gatherings alike. With every new day, there is a chance for new and unexpected opportunities...

Taski was no longer the girl she had been almost a year ago. Certain events had caused her mother to intervene and awaken her to some of her abilities. She was a young vixen awakened to a newer world she had only glimpsed as she grew up. Feila was not just the temple she had been raised in, nor was it the village or countryside she knew before. So much of the world held its own secrets. Taski had traveled a little, occasionally participating in martial arts competitions, and payed demonstrations to earn a little money for what she needed to travel.

She found herself being drawn back to a particular beach town every year around the start of summer. It was in this town that an acquaintance resided. Richard "Ricky" Axel had befriended the young vixen durring her travels after seeing her compete. He was a young otter who enjoyed physical events ranging from surfing to rock climbing to hang gliding. Something of an extreme sports enthusiast if you will. Martial arts had a blend of action, adrenalin, and a certain degree of fluidity and freedom that compelled him to watch. Ricky gave Taski an invitation to make use of his beach house over the summer if she wanted to take a break and relax.

Taski arrived the last week before summer to find a note on the table.. Hey everyone, sorry I won't be here to welcome you or chill for the summer, I have to go help my father with an important business deal back in Gawain. You'll probably have company showing up at some point. I hope you all get along well enough to enjoy my summer home. Also, please try not to burn the place down, that goes for all of you. Your rooms should have your names on them. Anyway, take care, Ricky. With a small drawing of an otter on a surf board in the bottom corner.

"Well, that's definitely his style." Taski said quitely with a smirk. Taski started looking around the beach house to get a feel for the layout. To call it a beach house seemed an injustice, as it was a surprisingly large area. To be accurate, it did technically have part of the beach marked as 'for private use'. It was more of a large building, with smaller adjacent buildings. However, Taski was only concerned with putting her belongings away and relaxing from the journey to the town, exploring could wait for a bit.
Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Re: Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Post by Asyriel »

Nicolette Leveau, or Nicki as most furs she knew called her, had been invited by Ricky to stay at his beach house when she had mentioned that she was thinking about attending a nearby veterinary school in the fall. She had just graduated high school that year, a year early, and was looking forward to becoming a veterinarian, there was also the added benefit that it would help out her family's livestock ranch. They wouldn't need to call a vet if there were any issues. Spending the Summer at Ricky's beach house would give her a great chance to explore the area, and start looking for more permanent accommodations. Much to her disappointment though, Ricky wouldn't be there, he had sent her a message along the way to have some fun, and expect a few others to be there as well. She just hoped whoever it was, that they would be easy to get along with.

She Drove into town in a pickup, but the bed wasn't packed with personal effects, instead a high performance sport bike was strapped down into it. She would have preferred to have ridden into town, but there was no room on a bike for the luggage that rode in the back seat of the truck. Had it not been for GPS, she was sure the would have gotten lost along the way as it was, she got a nice scenic drive through the town, got stuck in beach traffic for a while, and watched residents, and tourists alike along the way.

She eventually pulled into the driveway, and was duly impressed by what Ricky had called a beach house. She got out of her truck, dragging her things as she went. She got to the door, and realized that it was already unlocked. "Guess somebody's already here." She mumbled to herself as she opened the door, and stepped inside. "Hello...anybody home?" She called out as she took a couple steps inside and shut the door behind herself.

Nicolette was a mix of red fox, and raccoon, and stood about 5'5" tall. Her fur was a muted red with the face mask and tail stripes common to her raccoon kin. She wasn't fat, but she had wide hips, and a round butt, coupled with a relatively small chest made for a combination that tended to make her self conscious. She wore a simple pair of shorts, and a large t-shirt that nearly covered the shorts. She shrugged to herself when there was not an immediate answer to her question and headed further into the house. "hellooo..." she called out again as she continued into the house, making her way toward the guest rooms.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

And then there are some furs to whom a shack on the beach is less a relaxing vacation than a sentence of exile. Not that Morrissey Montblanc expected any sympathy for his views from his adopted family and caretakers.

"Seriously? What possible reason would I have to go to a place with maximum exposure among perfect strangers? Do you actually imagine that I'm going to relax under such circumstances?" The lynx was pacing and ranting in the middle of his bungalow, careful to avoid stomping hard enough to jar technical components off of benches and shelves.

Vaughan, a red wolf and his adoptive elder brother, watched this display impassively. "Obviously, isolation hasn't helped you much. You've been brooding; I won't ask you about what, but you're clearly thinking in circles, and you'll go mad if you don't stop somehow."

A friend of the family, Conrad Juday, chipped in. "And it's not as if you have to worry about your, ah, family heritage being an embarrassment. Taski, the girl who forwarded us Ricky's invitation, isn't without her own secrets. Besides..." The rabbit-mouse hybrid grinned, "Ishimi might be there too."

That got him to pause. Morrissey stopped, frozen in mid-stride as he slowly came to a state of rest. "Hm... well, I suppose I can let my projects rest for one week..."

Conrad winked at Vaughan, who made a gesture as if to say, 'I was wrong, and you were right.' How a chance business acquaintance of theirs had turned into this most unlikely of connections was a mystery, but then again, Taski had once been a client of theirs as well...

~***~

Morrissey was driven into town, rather than him taking his own bike to the coastal town. This was mostly to ensure that he did not leave early, by depriving him of convenient autonomy. This hadn't done much to change the lynx's opinion of this as a sentence imposed. Vaughan would have retorted that his little brother was not getting into the spirit of the thing, his bag being packed with more things dedicated to extending wi-fi service than beach gear.

He didn't even wave at the departing car as it drove off, just staring at the large wooden construction at the edge of the sand. It was more spacious than he expected, though in his mind, it looked even more flimsy than a small hut. Images of broken timber tumbled by tidal waves refused to leave his mind. Sighing deeply, he trudged to his doom.

He came through the front door, stopping in the middle of the living room, blinking. Which was his room? He hadn't exactly been the one invited; his brother had passed on his invitation to him, so he wasn't on the guest list. The sound of a voice calling out startled him, and he let out a rather embarrassing squeak before seeing the arrived guests, both strangers to him. "Er, which one of you is Taski? Vaughan told me you'd remember him. Um, I'm his little brother. Adopted." Not the smoothest of introductions. He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, looking everywhere but at the vixen and the hybrid.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Ishimi had ears and eyes in most things with furs her own "respective" age. She was aware of the beach party, and that Vaughan and Conrad had received an invitation. This interested her almost in no way. What did interest her was that there was a slim, minimal chance Morrissey would be there. That got her thinking. The woman was certain staying in her room and working on tech experiments and playing call of duty was not exactly doing her much good. She was still very childish in that manner.

And this particular feline male.... interested her. He was smaller than her, yes by a few inches and at least 60 pounds. But his technological knowledge rivaled, even surpassed her own. He was quick witted, capable of instant thought process, and above all he could turn his paw to any technology. He was an interesting lynx to say the least. And she was of that age where persons of interest were.... appealing. He was quiet, calm most times when he worked.

She was very surprised that her mother got an invitation. "Probably from older business dealings." Catalina had said. She gave it to Ishimi, as the tigress was busy trying to get the small garage shop up and running. Additionally she had her ears to ground for any work that Vaughan and Conrad would be interested in. Ishimi took the invitation, realizing that her mother, though older, sill acted just as childish as she did at times. So it made sense for her to receive these on occasion. With things the way they were, both cubi could use a break.

~~~~~

The high powered sound of a jet engine, as many described the sound of her car. Ishimi stepped out of her car. The silver paint gleaming brightly in the sunlight. Low profile, ride flat tires. Her double spoiler slowly folding down into the Trunk. The top down, windows open. The thick long mane of raven hair tied back into a ponytail. her wings on display this time. Her choice of attire, a bikini with a cotton shawl around her waist. It reached her calves. Her bare feet patted the sand as she reached into the back seat for her bag.

The brilliant green eyes glistened brightly, with small swirls of pink in them. Her ears erect and swirling to and fro, taking in the sounds of the beach. As she walked toward the shack, her tail swished back and forth. The soft jingle of her ankle bracelets filled the air around her. Her nose already twitching, taking in all the scents. And then she caught it. The scent of red wolf, mouse/rabbit, and Lynx. They were here, or at least had been here. But the scent of lynx was strong. Smiling to herself, she wandered closer.

Her first instinct, which she always let do its work, was to examine everyone she met as possible meals or threats. The Hybrid was nice looking, but definately no threat to her. Taski.... That woman radiated power. She was a threat, if provoked. Ishimi's own power, suppressed deep down to prevent anyone from discovering her, lay ready and waiting. Her amulet sat on her chest, bouncing with each step she took. Ishimi smiled kindly as she came close, even letting out a little purr. "Hi. I take it this is the beach house?" She waved the invitation and smiled.

The moment she heard Morrissey however, she disregarded both the other women and went right to him. "Morrissey!" She said happily. hugging him gently she purred deeply and loudly. "How are you? and... where is your bike? I didn't see it outside." She set her bag down and tucked her keys into it.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami »

Taski had only just started to settle in and relax when she heard the door open, and a female voice asked if anyone was home. As she stepped out of the bedroom marked with 'Taski Suzumia' on a small sign on a string, intending to greet another house guest, when another fur entered. When this male mentioned Vaughan, he immediately drew Taski's attention. She was about to introduce herself when yet another fur entered and virtually pounced Morrissey.

"Umm, yes.. This is Ricky's place. My name is Taski Suzumia, it is a pleasure to meet you all." she said with a smile and a bow. "I must say that I'm a bit surprised that so many of us arrived in such a short span of time."
================

The entryway opened almost immediately into a large living space with a flat-screen television, surround sound, a couple of gaming systems, and a large collection of games. A professional kitchen sat just on the other side of a large table with room enough for 8 furs to fit comfortably. All in all, it was more like a small beach mansion sitting around 4,000 sq. feet before the additional buildings on the property.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nicolette hadn't had much chance to admire the interior of the beach house since the others all showed up in quick succession. she had been about to greet Taski when she heard Morissey. She turned back toward the entrance, and had been about to introduce herself as well when she heard Ishimi's car pull up. She was a little surprised to see the tigress go straight to Morissey. She also made note of the recognition in Taski at the name. She suddenly felt a little out of place as it seemed the others all at least knew something about the others. They were all strangers to her.

She nodded in response to Taski's introduction. "nice to meet you. just a shame Ricky isn't going to be around." She commented. "I'm Nicolette Leveau, or Nicki if you feel like shortening it. So, who brought the turbine?" She asked curiously
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

If caught in an unfamiliar situation, the best thing that a fur could do is take an evaluation of the relevant facts as they occur, and reason from them one's course of action. This, Morrissey could do in a near-instant, which had often kept social embarrassments from metastasizing into full-blown fiascos. In this time and place, they were as follows:

1. Escape was by now both impolite and impossible.
2. He was the only male in all-female company, which never put him at his ease.
3. Ishimi was surprisingly happy to see him.
4. Even more surprisingly, he was just as happy to see her. He wasn't sure why; perhaps it was the comfort of a familiar face.

The lynx returned the hug sincerely, though lack of practice made the follow-through and extraction a little awkward. "Good to see you too." He managed to get out without stammering. "The bike? Ah, Vaughan made me leave it behind so I wouldn't bolt. I've been practically marooned here-"

It was then that the living space was outfitted with a full set of entertainment systems, and the kitchen was ten times larger and cleaner than his ever was. Morrissey grew a little sheepish, rubbing the back of his head. "OK, so maybe 'marooned' is too strong a word. I was picturing a large crowd of strangers in a sandy shack. This is better." He took another good long look around. This was a bit of all right, actually. He might even enjoy himself!

"Where, ah, are we all sleeping? Are all the rooms assigned, or..?"

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi paused to think. "I am uncertain myself." Catching herself in old speech she smiled, "No idea. But I bet one of them knows." She said softly, motioning with her head. Turning to them she asked aloud, "Are the rooms assigned or do we pick our own?" She wasn't comfortable sharing a room with anyone just yet. She had had a room to herself for some centuries and wanted it to stay that way for a while longer.

The tigress set her bag down, stretching and arching her wings up some. Her laid back attitude had often put others off, but this was the beach. she thought it would fit in well here. Besides that there was a good chance of getting plenty of work done with Morissey's help. She had brought some things to occupy her time if the beach was a bust.

Ishimi had seen so much. But so much was still new to her. A vacation was a nice break from the normal status that had become her life. And taking time away from the world to relax in company of people her own mindset was appealing. She looked back at Morrissey, her eyes flickering a moment before returning to normal. She did well hiding her true nature. But there were times she wanted to let it show. Having at least one person there that she knew, and that had seen her true side was more acceptable. Even if the last time had been less than desirable. At least she had her cell if something went wrong.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami »

"We're sharing rooms with others, it would seem. Since no other males have arrived, you seem to have a room to yourself, while Ishimi and I seem to be sharing a room." Taski said, motioning to the names hanging from the doors by a peg. It seems that there are 4 rooms attached to the living space with 2 names on each.

"Why not go ahead and put your bags in your rooms and get comfortable. We can get to know each other over a meal." Taski said as she walked back into the kitchen tieing her hair back with a white strip of cloth before washing her paws. "I happen to be the best cook back at the Silver Moon Temple." After her paws were clean and dry, she put on an apron and started checking cupboards and drawers to familiarize herself with the kitchen.

She pulled out a large pot and began preparing a soup to accompany grilled fish and a sweet rice dish. "It will be a little bit before I'm done cooking, so we might as well relax."
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nicolette shrugged. "Guess I must have been hearing things." She muttered to herself as her question was completely ignored. "well then, it would seem I'm bunking solo for now too then." She said as she made her way toward the room that had her name on it. She took her luggage into the room, and emerged a few moments later with a tablet in hand. She headed briefly into the kitchen. "Thank you for cooking Taski." She said with a smile while doing her best to stay out of the way. "We probably wouldn't last long if I do any cooking." She said with a bit of a laugh as she headed for the living room.

"So, what brings you all here?" She asked, her question meant for all of the others. "Morissey seemed like he was walking into prison when he first arrived." She commented as she turned on the tablet, and pulled a stylus from her pocket before she flopped down on the couch. She crossed her legs beneath her as she opened one of several graphics programs and started sketching. Every now and then she looked up from her tablet and into the kitchen to watch Taski for a few moments before going back to her sketching. She was eager to get to know her new housemates better, and no time seemed better than the present.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Morrissey nodded at the rooming arrangements. "Alright, I'll just drop off my things. I'm free to help in the kitchen, too, not a bad paw there. Chemistry, you know. Not that different." Of course, the lynx was no gourmand; late nights over a workbench did not lend themselves to developing a palate of any sophistication. He cooked more by experiment, and had no compunction about eating his failures.

He stretched as he returned, glad to be free of the burden of heavy bags. He made his way to living room, stopping by to greet Nicole as he went to Ishimi. "I was more or less dragooned here because my family thought I was working too hard. Or too long. Whatever; point is, forced vacation. I wish they'd been clearer about who exactly would be coming, and in what place we'd be staying." He sniffed the air, appreciatively. "Hm, or about how good a cook Taski was. Yamanese, I think?" He licked his lips.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi snickered softly at Morrissey. "Vaughan has his reasons." She said. Then stretched out. "as for myself, I am Ishimi Tamiko. My mother is Catalina Tamiko. Formerly the CEO of Tamiko Metals. Big company that sat in York. Well she got an invite but shes busy. So she sent me in her place. Said I needed time away from the computer. That wont stop me from working though. I got..." she paused to open her bag. Dragging out a handful of random knick knacks. "Plenty to work on. Mostly little robots that do nothing more than move around. I am interested in robotics. So I figure I want to have something to being to the table." Flexing her wings she ruffled Morrissey's hair a bit. "I am gonna toss my bag under my bunk. then im gonna head out for a swim. I heard this area had manta rays in the shallows. Might make a good fish fry if I catch a few." Stepping away to the room with her mothers name on the door she went in. Yup... mom was supposed to be here. The bed for her was huge. Tossi g her bag and cloth on the bed she dug out her snorkle and goggles. Then walked back out in juat her bikini. "Ok. Beach time for me. I will be back in twenty minutes. Anyone need something while I am out?" She called. Aloof as ever she wanted to keep a bit of herself private for now. Once she got to know these furs she would open up more. And it was a great chance to get to knkw Morrissey better.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nicolette chuckled as Morrissey explained how he came to be at the beach house. "working too much huh? What were you working on?" She asked curiously before Ishimi made her comments. "robotics is a little out of my league, but it looks like you brought enough to keep you busy" she said with a chuckle before Ishimi headed for her room. "You're much more likely to find sting rays in the shallows than you are to find mantas" She commented as Ishimi came out. "I don't need anything, thank you for offering though" She bent her head back to her sketching which was beginning to resolve into a rather accurate portrayal of Taski cooking in the kitchen.
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Post by WulF »

The seemingly typical, groggy, 16 year old wolf by the name of Baek Lennox pushed open the front door into the bare hallway of his home. His black pelt soaked and matted by the rather aquatic events of his latest 'outing'. His short, quirky-looking tuft of blue hair atop his cranium now a flattened and slightly tangled mess, drooping heavily over his brow. With a firm grunt, he slammed the door closed and dumped his sword and pistol down at his paws.
"Gruuuh... Ah cannae keep up wi this..." (I can't keep up with this) He grumbled, his vocals seeming to carry much frustrated weight. His latest act of beginner's vigilantism had left him entirely spent. As his drenched paws dragged him forward, he almost missed a note lying neatly on the edge of the table in the hallway. He picked it up, along with some other letters. Most of them being notices from the bank, raving and ranting about how much debt his father was in. He stacked them tidily at the back of the cluster, bringing the note forward.

His weary hues scanned the paper, then fixed and focused upon catching it's message. "Pfft, a beach house, eh? Heh... Aye right... Nice try, Bokoone..." He snorted, discarding it onto the table again. "What a bloody transparent trick... hahah, Beach house..." He chuckled as he carried the remaining letters into the room where his father, Anderson Lennox, slept quietly at his desk. His head and arms resting atop a pile of scattered papers as the old luxo-lamp shone dimly over him. Baek gently slipped the letters into his sleeping father's paws, partly as a routine message to let him know he was home and safe. With a troubled sigh, he turned back towards the door.

As his soaked paws tread over the threshold, the thought of the trick letter flashed over his mind's eye. "Grh... Well..." He pondered briefly. "Eh, wha kens... cuid be genuine..." (who knows, it could be genuine) A wicked grin prized itself onto his maw. "Heh, an' even if it's no, it cuid be a wee bit o' fun tae kick a bit maer tail." (even if it's not, it could be a little bit of fun to kick a bit more tail) Having finalised his decision, he paced quickly into the hall once more, squelching and squishing as his clothes moved with his body. His paw swept up the letter and his optics locked on the address. "Heh, aurightey." (alrighty) His grin faded and he gave a confident nod to himself, then looked down at his rather wet clothing, and his gear.
"Well, Ah'll no be goin' anywhaur like this." He chuckled. "Anyway, It'd be best tae git some kip first." (It'd be best to get some sleep first) He grumbled and headed into the bathroom, undressing himself quickly to take a hasty and expected cold shower.

After having cleaned himself up, he left the bathroom and trotted wearily into his bedroom, carrying his now only damp clothes. He dropped himself loosely onto his bed and curled up, not bothering to pull the sheets over him.
Sleep came and went in seemingly an instant and he woke up with a start to check the time. He blinked and peered at the clock on his bedside table. It read 8:09PM. His harks dropped and his brow lowered in a concerned expression. His hues caught a glimpse of the second hand and he fixated his vision to it, noticing that the clock was in fact stopped. "Graah... bugger." He huffed, climbing off the bed.
He slugged over to his wardrobe and swung the doors open loosely, dragging off a deep, gray polo-shirt and a torn up pair of jeans. With a yawn and a brief stretch, he dressed himself with a hasty and harsh pace. He also had a strange tradition of never wearing proper footwear, instead, he would wrap his digitigrade hind legs with sports tape or covering them with his martial arts padded foot sleeves, leaving his toes, paw pads and heels bare. He raked out a large carry-all from under his bed and began to pile absurd amounts of clothing into it. As he almost emptied his wardrobe, his eyes glanced over a small box of 9mm rounds, which he then added to the bag's weight. "Better safe than sorry~" He chuffed as he slung the weighted bag over his shoulder.

He scanned over the letter, picking up the address as it sat on the bottom of the bed. He swept it up as he had done before and crudely stuffed it into his back pocket. Rushing out into the hall, He looked over his spray-painted blue sword and his pistol. "The gun'll be easier tae hide." He thought carefully, picking it up and sliding it's muzzle into his front, right pocket before pulling his shirt over it loosely. With a yawn and a roll of his shoulders, he pushed forward and out the front door, into the yard. Coming up to the rusted, tattered gate, almost skipping with each step.

He vaulted the gate excitedly and rushed towards the bus stop, reading the scheduled times. Finding that the next bus would be only 7 minutes, he figured he would stand the wait and parked himself on the ground, leaning against the sign post.
When the bus arrived, several others had gathered and he took the opportunity to slip past them, unseen, onto the bus. "Heheh, nae fare." (no fare) He chuckled devilishly to himself, sitting down on an empty seat, next to the window. Resting his arm onto the slightly indented frame of the window, he peered out into the streets, watching them slip by him as the bus hummed on.

After a 20 minute ride, and attaining a numb backside on the crude, plastic seat, He pushed to a stand and slipped silently off the bus, finding himself facing the beach. "Don't mess this up..." He whispered quietly to himself, peering round to see if those who 'invited' him had seen him. His coffee-stained bag now making his arm and shoulder numb too.

(Here's a picture to give you a bit of a better idea of what he looks like heheh http://puu.sh/9XQsq/d27d733c11.png)
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Morrissey settled back on the couch, handling the small robotic component with the tips of his claws, absently rubbing down his hair where Ishimi had tousled it. "Hm?" He looked up as Nikki asked him what he'd been working on. "Oh, a bit of this, a bit of that. I've got a lot of interests, so I've generally got four or five projects on the burner at once. Bit of metalwork one morning, designing circuit boards the next, all the while trying to make a good barbecue sauce from sauce from scratch. Stuff you get around here's too sweet; I prefer it tart, but not thin. I think I'm close to a breakthrough."

He declined to go into details about what his actual work was, for pretty much the same reason that Ishimi was holding herself aloof. With Nikki, especially, there was perhaps a need for secrecy, as there was no telling how much of the secrets of this world she knew, at this point. Still, the lynx was feeling personable enough, and was always willing to talk about his less hidden hobbies. "I've an interest in robotics as well, as it happens, though I'm working with the code end of it for now. I think I might get a bit done while-"

And then Ishimi walked out in her bikini and snorkel, and Morrissey found himself strangely unable to speak. It was beginning to dawn upon him that his estimation of how much he could work here without being distracted was hasty and optimistic...

And then the door opened suddenly, to admit a new guest. He looked... well, normal enough, Morrissey supposed, but there was something in the way he carried himself, not quite like a normal teenager. There was something in his air that reminded the lynx of his older brother, in a way. He called out, somewhat hesitantly, "Eh, hello? Um, our host isn't exactly here, but he left notes of welcome, as it were."