Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Re: Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Post by Rackenhammer »

"I know, I know. Understanding from one's fellow creatures is a rare gift, when one is cut off for whatever reason from common life." The lynx's face was briefly serious, but he smiled again. "Fortunately, the uncommon are not so... uncommon, I suppose." Morrissey knew those dark circles well enough himself; some nights he'd worked for so long that you'd swear he was part raccoon.

He poked the fire a little to stir it. Spark flew upward, and the smell of cooking shark fillets was permeating the air. "I'll introduce you to Vaughan when he comes to pick me up. And yes, he'll know better than me the stresses of fieldwork. I try to avoid them as much as possible." He was chuckling again, but his eyes were dragged back to the road. "Wonder what's taking the girls so long."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Ishimi nodded softly. Coming to the produce section she looked around a bit. Then she smiled. She moved to the racks, taking a few small plastic bags and picking up some snow peas, carrots, baby corn, then a variety of fruits. with her selections done, she came to the cart again and smiled.

"Anything else you want or need? I bet we could find some other stuff if we wanted..... OH! be right back!" Ishimi dashed off. It was less than a moment before she returned with a bottle of soy sauce and some tariyaki sauce. "Sorry about that. Forgot these. Now then.... you want some more goodies?" She smiled as she set her stuff in the cart and looked to nikki. Her tail swaying softly. She was relaxed, happy.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki had never been a big fan of veggies, though she would eat them for their nutritional value. Fruit, on the other hand, she loved and she added sever selections of her own to what Ishimi had already put in the cart. Ishimi asked if there was anything else she wanted, and she looked into the cart thoughtfully for a few moments. She was deciding if there was anything else she wanted when Ishimi dashed off.

"It's no problem." She replied with a smile when Ishimi returned with sauces. "I think there's probably more goodies in that cart than I should rightfully have." She replied with a chuckle. "But they're so hard to turn down, probably best if I hold off on anymore for myself for now." She continued with a smile. "Besides, Morrissey and Baek....well maybe not Baek, but Morrissey at least is probably wondering about the length of our trip." She continued as she steered the cart toward the checkout stands.

Once they had checked out, and headed back out to her truck, she helped load everything into the vehicle before climbing into the driver's seat, and waiting for Ishimi to get in before getting them back out onto the road and heading back to the beach house. "I still think we should see if we can find a local track." She commented as they went. "I really do think we could probably clean shop if we did." She continued as they pulled into the driveway of the beach house.

Once they parked the truck, she slid out and started to grab bags of groceries. "wonder if we can convince the boys to help with this." She commented idly as she loaded herself down with several bags, waiting for Ishimi before she headed toward the house.
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Post by WulF »

Baek nodded, also noting the girls' long absence. "...Yeah, they've been gone some awfae lang time, aye?" The teen looked to Morrissey once again, but only for a brief moment before the familiar sound of the truck the girls had left in caught his ears again. His face lit up a little, but the unease in his stomach returned. He didn't want Ishi to shout at him before he could apologise. "That'll be them now, A' think!" He wuffed at Morrissey as he sprung to his paws and made for the front of the beach house. He waved at the girls. "Aye!" He called as he raised his paw. "...Need any help?"

Baek wanted to offer what he could to them before he'd make his apology, just to make sure Ishi was at least willing to hear him out. The wolf approached the girls with a slight hesitance, visible to anyone who'd know about how to posture yourself. Perhaps it was just innate, given his wild canine persuasion.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Well, here came Baek's opportunity to "kiss and make up," figuratively speaking. Ishimi should be in a better mood by now, feline fickleness being what it was, but altogether it was probably for the best that the lynx be the first she saw. "Don't see why you need to ask." He remarked, reaching into the back of the truck to pick up one of the vegetable bags. "We're all going to be eating this stuff."

He glanced quickly over his shoulder, as if to give an 'all clear' signal to the wolf.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi laughed softly. "Probably wont need them hun. These arent too heavy. I can get most of it in one trip." Ishimi did spot morrissey first. She smiled at him. "Hey. Got plenty of treats. Also got the veggies for dinner. Wont take me but a...moment to finish." Succubus temper not with standing, Ishimi let out a low warning growl when Baek approached. Her tail was twitching gently. But she was not taking combat posture. "That depends on if you can behave. Pull another stunt like that one you tried earlier....and you will be eating dinner through a straw." Slipping half the bags onto her own arms she lifted them and made for the door.

Once inside she began putting everything away. She was silent as she went about stocking the shelves. Baek had rubbed her the wrong way twice now. And a third time would definately not make her happy.

She was packing the sweets into the shelves of a cabinet as she thought about how to prepare the veggies. Given what she had, it was not a wide variety of ways to prepare them. But she had at least a few choices. Her wings shifted as she moved, to keep from dragging the floor. The tigress was very quiet now. Her tail pointed at thd kitchen entrance, swaying softly like it had a mind of its own. Appearing to mimic a snake
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki shrugged when Ishimi mentioned not needing any help with the groceries. "well, looks like we've got an offer anyway." She smiled as Morrissey took some of the bags. "Thank you." She said to the lynx as she passed. She approached Baek with a warm smile, and handed him a couple of the bags she was carrying. "and thank you." She told him cheerfully. She wasn't one to turn down offered help, nor was she one to hold a grudge, even if Baek had given a terrible initial impression. He seemed to be trying to give a better impression now at least. "I do appreciate the offer." She said as she headed into the house.

Inside, she unloaded the groceries from the bags she had carried in, and set about putting things away while doing her best to keep out of Ishimi's way. "you need any help in here?" She asked as she watched Ishimi work. She wasn't much of a cook, but she could help prepare things if her help was wanted.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek rolled his eyes. He couldn't help but feel that now the roles had been reversed in terms of who was being the child here. Nevertheless, he pushed it aside and did not let a frown bear itself on his face. "Oi, there's nae need fir threats... If A' mind, that's whit got me goin' the first time." He returned in a subtle warning of his own. He wasn't by any means a pushover, but until Ishimi started getting physical, Baek wouldn't retaliate with an attack, verbal or not. "That aside, A' do want tae say that A'm sorry. The impression A' gave o' maself back there wisnae... Tollerable. A' can understand that. Thing is, A've no awis been that way, an' A'm tryin' tae fix it."

He took the bags from Nikki with a polite smile and a nod of his head. "A'dnae expect ye tae forgive me, but A' just wanted ye tae know." He turned round without saying anything more and began to walk back to the beach house. Baek stopped for a moment and looked to Ishimi again, this time bearing a full on smile. Not one of cockiness, arrogance or even frustration. Just a genuine, friendly smile. "Fir the record, A've awis said that the best people are the aines that seem tae hae the maest problems. And considerin' that A' seem tae be throwing yours right up intae the thousands, A' s'pose you must be a pretty braw lass." He chuckled before he turned again. He knew how to be nice, but the right mondset hadn't come around recently, most likely due to the conditioning of having to deal with only bad furs and a sleeping debt-consumed father.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Well... it could have gone worse. Morrissey wasn't sure if he could have done anything more to help matters beforehand. At least he'd gotten Baek into the mood to offer sincere apologies, in good humor too. Now, it seemed his task would be to ensure their reception.

He followed the set into the kitchen, placing the bags down and sorting out the veggies again. He felt the tigress' tail bat him once or twice by accident, and suppressed a momentary temptation to bat it back like a cat toy. That would probably not improve Ishimi's mood any. He did up for Baek after his second approach, only a slightly less risky proposition. "I'll speak for his sincerity, if you like. He hasn't had... much opportunity to make friends. His upbringing tended to isolate him from good fellowship." Left unsaid was the fact that this was something he had in common with at least two other furs in this house...

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi sighed softly. "Yes nikki. Set me out a pan and please start chopping the onion and garlic." The tigress turned to baek. "Eighty-six years ago. That land slide that sent a whole town off the cliffs of Edwin into the ocean. No survivors. That was the last time i had encountered someone like you. A kid. Hunting demons. Couldnt tell the good ones from the bad ones. He had a fancy gun like that one you got. He took my left horn off with the first shot. Second one took my right wing. I couldnt get away from him. So i put up my barrier. The instant his shot hit my barrier the release of energy was equal to a tactical nuke. 478 people died in an instant. You want to know how i survived? The magic i use is made of pure life force energy. It can defelct even your shot. But the same thing would happen again. A four mile wide hole in the ground that slips off into the ocean. You played around with that think like it was a toy... and you wonder why i am angry?"

She sighed and put a paw on her face a moment. "The only reason i didnt kill you that momwnt was because i cant let my full power out here. If im pushed too it trust me... im more than just a braw lass. My top speed is mach 1.4 and i can dead lift a 2 ton block. I have met and beat a thousand like you over the years. This is not personal. But if you ever reach for that cap gun again.... im taking your hand off. You dont know what a monster really is until you find one... I found one that day.... Cuz all that was left was a broken mirror and I saw the monster inside that mirror."

Ishimi wasnt angry. She was actually crying. Tears ran down her cheek. She hated what she was and what had happened. But at the same time she would not tolerate a repeat of the incident. "i dont care to show off what i can do.... most of its not pleasant and i dont like it. I'd rather be a normal 21 year old woman in college. But this is the hand i was dealt. And twice now you have called my bluff. Once in insults, the second with that gun. Do not test my temper again. I cant control it. And i dont want to hurt you."

She moved to the stove with oil in paw. The pan she had asked Nikki to set out was there and she poured a little oil into it. turning on the eye she let it sit to get hot while she got some fish she cooked already from the fridge. Setting it on the counter she just leaned there a moment. She was shaking. years of pent up emotional stress finally coming out. After a moment she finally started crying harder. "Im a freak...."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki had done as Ishimi asked, and pulled out a pan before she washed her hands, and began chopping the requested ingredients. She watched as Morrissey, and Baek came in. Morissey put away the veggies he had brought in, and Baek attempted to make his apology to Ishimi, then things suddenly got somewhat uncomfortable if only for the quick swing in Ishimi's mood that it caused.

At one point, she wasn't sure when, she stopped chopping altogether, and just looked back and forth between her three companions. For a long moment she was unsure what to do.

It was Ishimi's crying that snapped her out of it. She stopped what she was working on all together and approached the tigress. She didn't say anything, just wrapped her arms around her. She really didn't know what she might say that would make Ishimi feel better, but she did consider Ishimi to be her friend, and wanted to do something to hopefully offer some comfort.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

"You played around with that thing like it was a toy." The female continued to push. Baek twitched and turned round. "Then maybe now ye understand just how capable A' am." He waited for her to finish, his eyes turning a deeper red with every ounce of arrogance she vomited as she waved her abilities round like a cheerleader's Pompom.
"Your problem is that ye underestimate folk. Graw up an' stop with the "Feel like a monster" shite because honestly, A've no the patience an' tears wulnae work wi' me. An' for the record, life force energy is exactly what this gun eats, this is the second time A've told ye that, so try tae listen tae me now, cuz this next bit is important." Baek's irises shuddered a little and shifted to a slightly darker shade of hatred red and his brows reduced his eyes to mere slits of light. "Now A'm gonnae go this way, and if ye'r feeling brave, you can too. A' tried tae apologise an' yet aw ye do is patronise me again, so fer the first time, A've given up. A've given up on ye, so until ye git a grip ye can sit an' bubble like a bairn fir the next hundred years or howiver lang ye've left." He spun back around with a small burst of air around his paws, disturbing a little dust. He chuffed in frustration, "Hmph, A' honestly thought fer a wee minute that A' wis the aine wi' pathetic behaviour... And a thousand like me? Wench, ye'dnae even ken aine side o' me. This is personal, because ye've insulted me time an' time again, an' you've got the nerve tae treat this like it's ma fault! You're the aine standin' there sayin' "A' can dae this, an' A' can dae that! Look at yer wee "cap gun". So now you're saying it's a toy? Hypocrisy if A' ever saw it - An' believe me, A've killed it many times. Now A'm sorry fir the way A' acted before, but now... Now it's necessary."
The wolf rumbled loudly as he slammed the door to the bedroom behind him and sat down next to his bag. Sick of being treated like the bad guy after all the good he'd done. Sick of being shoved and having things thrown back at him. Sick of arrogance. Sick of hostility. Sick of vengeance sick of bad attitudes sick of supression, loneliness, fighting, shouting, life. Sick sick SICK! Sick. Of. It.

He had seen Ishimi sit and cry harder from a window in the hall as he stormed past it. "Shame... She cuid probably be a guid lassie if she actually fuckin' tried." Baek was done playing. She didn't know shit about him or what he could do, so to belittle him like that just wasn't going to stand. He had been pushed around and stood on by furs who thought they were better than him - and in most cases physically - right up until the point he was given his gifts. These weapons were soulbound, stealing and destroying life force like some kind of black hole when used properly, and using them properly was what he had been trained to do. He didn't care if she said she was a bloody god at this point, he just wanted her at a distance or he knew he wasn't going to be able to contain his anger either. The alloys used to forge these weapons weren't even from this world and Baek took pride in the gifts that he had been given. If he was incapable, they'd have been given to someone else. Baek's paws shook softly and his teeth were clenched tight, trying to keep his own tears from coming out in force. One escaped and sat glinting on his furred cheek.

He needed some air. The window. Baek rubbed his face clear of the tears and shifted open the window, letting the cool air brush on his fur. His jacket aggrivated him and so he tore down the zip and tossed the whole thing on the bed, leaving him in his black short sleeved shirt, the straps used to keep hidden knives and ammo were revealed on his upper and lower arms. Under the shirt, there was a bullet proof vest he had nicked from the back of the police car during that kidnapping a few weeks before hand - the one with the snow leopard. The teen on the verge of snapping hauled himself out of the window and let his back slide down the wall, bringing his tail to rest loosely on the sand. He allowed himself a distressed sigh and dropped his head over his arms supported at his knees under the window.

He could leave, but he hadn't come here just to fight. He wanted the chance to let go, but certain behaviour just wouldn't allow it.
Ishimi may be angry again.
Slowly, putting in minimal effort, he reached up through the window and took Obsidian in his left paw and Spiriter in his right before slipping back down beneath the window. The wolf snorted and closed his eyes, ready for any fit of rage he may have induced on the unstable witch. "Don't want tae hurt me...? Keep yer fuckin' mouth shut then..." He growled, low under his breath.

(Sorry for the wall of text XD)
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Whatever difficulty Morrissey had envisioned, the absolute disaster that commenced right in front of him went beyond all his fears and expectations. Both Ishimi and Baek seemed to have some unerring instinct for hitting sore points, triggering PTSD's, and putting each other's egos through the wringer. On the whole, the lynx's sympathy went to Ishimi, partly because he knew her better, and partly because the exchange had left her crying while Baek was only angry and aggressive. It may have been sexist to think so, but insulting a crying girl did nothing to improve the wolf's reputation in the house.

One thing he knew for certain though: his nerves were shot, and the situation had gotten beyond him. He reached one paw over to stroke the tigress' hair, while the other went to his phone. "I'm going to call my brother, OK? I think... I think we could all use an adult right now."

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi just nodded. "M...my phone. Has... better reception..." she said and motioned to her purse on a far counter. After a moment she returned the hug to nikki and then turned to cooking.

As she did she seemed to calm some. But her focus was more on the matter at mind that her task. She laid hr bare paw on the burner. Pulling it back she hissed. Looking at it, it wasnt evwn burned. Just a small patch where her finger pads were singed.

The tigress was calm. Just upset. "Nikki can you get me a bandaid please?" She said softly.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki let out a long sigh as the entire situation degenerated even further. Now, not only was Ishimi upset, Baek was being even more aggressive, though some of the things he had said made her wonder.

She had finished chopping garlic, and onions when Ishimi asked for a band-aid. She nodded, and set down the knife she was holding before she went off in search of the bandage that had been requested. She passed by the boys' room on the way, and again as she headed back to the kitchen. She handed the band-aid to Ishimi. "Here you go." She said softly. She looked at Morrissey for a moment, then back to Ishimi, her ears laid flat against her head before she spoke quietly again. "I'm going to go check on Baek" She said quietly before padding quietly out of the room.

She knocked softly on the door to the boys' room. "Baek, you all right?" She asked softly through the closed door. "You mind if I come in?" she asked as she put a paw on the doorknob, slowly turning it. She hesitated to actually open the door though, she was torn between her desire to check in on the wolf, and not wanting to intrude.