Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Re: Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Post by WulF »

Baek wasn't to be seen in the room, but his broken vocals sounded from beyond the window. "If Ishimi isnae wi' ye, then aye, ye'r welcome... It's no outae spite, it's just that A' dinnae think A' cuid handle her right now..." The teenager was lying on his side in the sand, watching the water stroke the sand with a gentle and slow hiss. He closed his eyes, but left his harks angled to hear Nikki talk if she had anything to say. "A' ken ye think A'm a bad guy, but A'll tell ye... That wuid be the biggest insult ye cuid offer." His voice went quiet. "A'b'dy's too quick tae judge."

Baek rolled over on his back to face the window and opened his eyes again. The irises had become an impossible black, but what was perhaps unsettling was his apparent calmness in the way he spoke and moved. He didn't seem rigid, he didn't seem hesitant. He looked comfortable. Ishimi had broken him for now, but he swore would not let that happen again. Ishimi would have some nerve to come back to him now, even to apologise. The mere sight of her in his mind's eye almost made him throw up it was so enraging.

Tears fell silently from his blackened hues, but his expression didn't seem to fit. His brow was slightly furrowed and he looked deeply unimpressed, but nothing that would suit a near-17-year-old's tears. "A'm... A'm no even angry..." He felt. He believed it, but somewhere he knew he was past the point of caring for the life of another, or perhaps even himself. Yes, he was overreacting... at least to the eye of someone who knew so little about him.
Baek had fallen silent again.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki stepped into the room, not finding the wolf inside, but hearing his voice. "Just me." She said quietly as she followed the sound of Baek's voice to the window. She had to listen carefully to what he said to discern what he was actually saying. Edwinish wasn't her first language, and he was using a dialect that she was not very familiar with at all.

She leaned on the window sill as she looked out the window, and down at the wolf laying in the sand below it. She stayed quiet, and watched the beach herself, while she continued to process what he was saying. Eventually she did speak again. "I don't know if you're a bad guy..." She said at length. "I'd like to believe you aren't, though you haven't done a whole lot to reenforce that..." She shrugged, even though he couldn't see it with his eyes closed. "You're arrogant, stubborn, brash, egotistical, terrible at making a good first impression, and frankly a little frightening." She smiled a little. "I'm willing to reserve judgement though if you want to prove me wrong in my observations, honestly I'd like it if you did." She paused again in thought. "To be fair though, I think Ishimi is a little arrogant, and stubborn in her own way...perhaps some of what she said was a little unfair, but I don't think she actually meant to insult." She shrugged again, and lowered her head down till it was resting atop her arms, releasing a long sigh as she did. "I just wanted to make some new friends, and enjoy a summer on the beach..." And with that last statement, she lapsed into silence as she looked out at the beach and listened to Baek.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Ishimi finished fixing the meal. Setting the plates, she set them on the table and walked out the door. Heading to the back porch, she spread her wings. The soft rush of wind signalled her departure. Once she had clearance well above the ground, she shot off. The trailing sound behind her was growing fainter as she shot off into the distance.

Ishimi flew off into the air. She was headed up into the clouds. Once up there, she hoovered there. Trying to sooth her nerves. She settled on the clouds, breathing softly as she reclined in the clouds. Her eyes settling on a particular point. She just watched it churn softly as she swallowed the lump in her throat.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

Morrissey dialed on Ishimi's phone, watching sadly as the Tigress departed into the clouds. How had it all gone so wrong? This was supposed to be a fun vacation; a chance to see old friends and make new ones! Well, hopefully Vaughan could help...

~

From the cloudtops, Ishimi would be able to see the car pull in, and Baek could hear and see it from his window. Two figures came out of it once it parked. One was a tall, male wolf, with a mature visage and dark red fur. The other was a slighter figure, a female hybrid of fox and cat, white-coated with three fluffy tails. "Hey!" She was the first to greet the lynx as he came out to meet them. "Conrad's at home right now; he said I could use a break from my studies. He's right enough there!"

"Oh, hello Zephyre." Waving limply, Morrissey looked up at his adopted brother, who put a sympathetic arm around his shoulders.
"Sorry it turned out like this. Thanks for letting me know; I'll do my best to help out, OK?"
"Thanks. Nikki's with Baek right now, and Ishimi..." He looked up, watching to see if she would come down.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek twitched again ans sat up, clasping his paws at his knees in the sand. "A'm like that because that's whit A've been pushed tae. A'm done takin' shit fae furs wha are just too ignorant tae consider whit they're sayin'." He spoke grimly, his expression a completely unamused frown towards the crystal sand. "A' really try tae dae guid, but it doesnae matter, because A' hae tae keep it frae bein' seen frae anyone outside o' each event. A'm droppin' maself in unbelievable amounts o' shite just telling ye." Baek slowly looked up at Nikki, his soulless black eyes beginning to revoke their tone as the burning red came back to him. The storm in him was calming down, but there was still a while to go.

The sound of an engine caught his attention and he looked through his peripherals towards its source. Shadows stepped out of the new vehicle that had appeared. "Zephyre...." He noted under his breath, his vocal chords sounding just enough past their deep rumble to make it audible. "Hmph..." Baek stood up and began to walk round to the other side of the home from the visitors, towards the water. His sword was hooked in his belt loop and his gun in his pocket, his paw accompanying it just to make sure he could be quick enough on his draw. He didn't know these furs, and in his current state, all were guilty until proven innocent by either reason or evidence was present. Morrissey and Nikki were "safe", not that he'd hurt them for telling the police or something stupid like that, but he would definitely mess with them... if his anger had become a permanent fixture, consuming the rest of his personality to leave a messed up teenage vigilante boy with a broken spirit and a broken intent.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki sighed. "I'm sorry, but saying you're anything but what you've chosen to be is a line of bullshit. I won't deny that you may have had some hard choices in your life, but in the end you made the decisions, we all made our decisions, and we choose who we are." It was easy to tell that this particular subject was one that she held close. "The question is what are you going to choose from here?" She asked as Baek got up and walked off. She sighed again, watching him walk toward the water. She had the urge to follow the wolf, but it didn't seem likely to do much good at this point. She just continued to watch from the window instead, hoping that maybe with some time to think he would calm down.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi could see it all. And she didnt care anymore. She noticed baek headed for the water. That would be probably the best place for him. Maybe a dunk in the ocean would clear his head.

But vaughan would be upset. Zephyre would try to stop her. Ishimi sighed and blasted off thee cloud. She didnt want to talk just yet. She wanted to work off some energy and flew far out to sea.

Once out beyond range of senses and sight she floated down and hovered over the water. Taking a moment she aimed herself away from the direction she had comr from so she would not hit the beach. The she screamed. Blasting the energy off herself and away. Trying to force such negativity off her own body.

From the beach it would look like a nuke had gone off out at sea. The energy reaching up to the sky and finally dispersing away. Ishimi hovered, panting as she wiped her face off. Finally she just flopped into the water and let herself drift a while.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

After having greeted his brother, Vaughan stepped back. "Let's see, do you know where Ishimi went?"

*THOOM*

The bright flash of light and boom of sound crashed over all on shore like a great wave of the sea, leaving them slightly in awe. Zephyre was the first to recover her balance, being most used to magic of that kind. "Eh, probably over there. I'll see if she'll talk to me, or perhaps the other girl you told me about?"

Morrissey blinked, still a little dazed. "Er, yeah, I guess she's in the house. Maybe hunkered down under the couch, I don't know." How had he never noticed before that his life was so weird? How could he have ever hoped to explain it to outside mortals? He'd always known he was different from the rest of the world, but only recently had he felt actually... separate.

Vaughan could see it in his face, and the wolf gave a sympathetic sigh. "I know. I kind of wish Conrad was here; he's about the only one I know who can bridge the gap. In any case, I want to talk to Baek. We can talk shop, if nothing else." Leaving his brother with Zephyre, heading off to the house to speak with Nikki, the older vigilante sought out the newer, and found him by the waterfront.

The two canines sized each other up; Vaughan easily stood head and shoulders above the teenager, and was evidently more secure in himself, having already passed through the crises that Baek was only now entering into. The red wolf was the first to speak, "Civilians have a hard time understanding the lives of their protectors, don't they? It's why we need to be patient with them."

WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

The black and blue wolf snarled at the words Nikki pushed at him. "Chosen!?" He grumbled, dismissing himself with a single solid extension of his middle finger before turning back towards the water. "Stick it." He spat. There was a line between what was bearable and what was not. Baek had been pushed and pulled over that line many times and now he was pushing and pulling back, resisting the cruel truth with a truth of his own. He almost regretted flipping off Nikki. All she had done was try to help him it seemed. But obviously making the situation seem like his fault was a method that had tried and failed before.
It didn't matter how it was worded either - Baek wasn't by any means stupid.

His handpaws were stuffed roughly into his pockets and he grunted, his burning red optics watching the water roll slowly in and out, coming to touch the claws on his digitigrade paws. The sound of swaying water was interrupted by the collision of Ishimi's voice and whatever she had screamed at. The teen huffed, but didn't so much as shift his eyes from where they were glaring. If looks could burn, this beach would've been glass.

Again, the sound of soft waves was interrupted as an adult voice caught his ears. Again, Baek stood completely rigid, looking out over the water. "It's no so much the aine's A'm fightin' for. It's the aines that just want tae fight me." He growled, raising his shoulders and shortening his neck a bit in frustration at the thought. "Some just dinnae ken when tae shut up, or how tae speak tae fowk. They cannae seem tae learn that badmouth'n me gets ye naewhaur."
Eventually, Baek turned his head only to look up at the red wolf. "Morrissey says ye can help me." He fell to the ground loosely and suddenly into a sitting position, legs crossed and arms in his lap. "Heh... Funny lad he is..."
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki let out an exasperated sigh as Baek flipped her off as he went, and it became exceedingly obvious that he wasn't interested in thinking about anything but his anger, and was simply ignoring the fact that they were all responsible for their own decisions. She shook her head, deciding that she was done trying with Baek, and stalked out of the room and into her own. As she was heading out of the room, she heard the detonation over the ocean, and consciously not wanting to know who had caused it or what it was about as long as it wasn't knocking over the house.

She put on some clothes she could work out in, and started to head for the dojo Taski had mentioned. At this point she just wanted something to take her mind off how terribly this whole trip had turned for the worse in the first afternoon. As she headed into the common room, she noticed that Morrissey had come in with another female hybrid, and stopped. "Oh, hi." She said with little inflection, and almost none of the smile that normally graced her muzzle. She shifted her weight from foot to foot for a moment before she spoke again. "If you're looking for Mr. thick skull, he headed for the water." SHe commented before she started moving again toward the door leading outside.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi let herself drift a bit longer before pushing up and floating over the water. The sound of her wings beating preceeded her arrival as she touched down softly. Her bikini top and shaw around her waist soaked. Looking at Vaughan she sighed. Her mother would have felt that blast. Ishimi headed for the house. Pausing on the porch to take off the shaw and stand in just the bikini. Laying the shaw out to dry she leaned against the rail.

She knew a good portion of this was her own fault. She was immature, as much as Baek was. And her temper was not helping matters. Leaning there she senses Zephyre inside. Morrissey as well. And then the presence of another. Much to her surprise it was not her mother. It was someone else. The front door opened and Agreal stood in the doorway. He saw the three inside and smiled softly. His red eyes flickered a moment, before he gave a polite bow. "Greetings. Morrissey. Zephyre." turning to Nikki he gave a more proper bow and smiled much wider. "And you as well miss. My name is Agreal. I was looking for Ishimi Tamiko. Is she here?" He said softly. A tone and manner from an age long since gone. The gentleman in the fox showing through. He wore a finely tailored suit and hat.

Ishii came in the door finally. "Hey uncle Agreal." She said. The fox smiled at her. "Hello dear. My you look nice today. Summer is a fun time isnt it?" She shrugged. The fox's smile never faded. "Well i came because we sensed your energy. Is everything alright?" "About as well as when I usually go out in public." The fox nodded, still smiling gently. "Ah. Let me guess. Someone ruffled your fur?" She shook her head. "No. I just cant keep myself in check. Its all my fault. And the poor guy outside is going to get a sermon from Vaughan for something that isnt his fault."

Agreal pondered a moment before speaking. "Ah. Well perhaps i can provide a solution. Come dear." He strolled out into the back porch. Ishimi followed without the slightest protest. Once outside the fox grinned at Vaughan. Coming right to him he held out a paw. "Vaughan. Pleasure to see you again! My it has been too long. Amadeas and i were wondering if you would model a few suits for our magazine ad next month." Before getting an answer the fox smiled at the wolf. "Hello young man. I am Agreal. I believe that my neice here would like to say something if you would permit her."

Ishimi stood a few feet away. Her fur almost dry now. She couldnt meet Baek's gaze. But she spoke softly. "I want to apologize. I am sorry." Agreal smiled at the girl a bit before his red eyes turned back to Baek. There was something about the fox that was different from any other fox. A change in his scent and look. How he was careful not to let the direct sunlight hit his face. He carried himself like a gentleman. Aristocratic in nature. Everything screamed vampire. And he smiled wider, revealing a set of enlongated black fangs.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

"Actually, I was hoping for better company than that." Zephyre's eyes were twinkling; Morrissey noticed that they looked less sad than they used to. Still, anyone who'd married Conrad would have a hard time staying miserable for long, and the effect was infectious. "I'd actually packed and come here to stay for a bit; really needed a vacation. Also heard there was a part-kitsune here as well?" Her tails fluffed up somewhat at the thought of it, and she blushed a bit. "That... part of my heritage I wasn't allowed to know much about; I would kind of like to find out more."

The lynx stayed back a bit from this 'girl talk.' He supposed that she was referring to Taski who, to tell the truth, they'd completely lost sight of. *Where did she end up going?* He asked himself, wondering also how Vaughan and Baek were getting on...

~***~

That somewhat irascible teen's remark brought out an unexpected and rather elliptical remark in Vaughan's other language, "Pot, rencontrent une bouilloire.*"
His next remark in the more common Edwinian was, "Yes, my little brother strikes a lot of furs like that. We didn't have the best of home lives, until we ran away." The red wolf paused, assessing Baek, trying to get a gauge as to his mental and moral receptiveness. Bristly, perhaps, and apt to explode at the wrong word or implication. Vaughan wasn't one to lecture unnecessarily, and the other wolf by no means looked a receptive pupil. "I'll wager yours isn't so great, either. I don't think that's what Morrissey meant when he said I could help you, but if you're willing to talk..."

He trailed off as he sensed Ishimi and Argreal approach. He smiled at his, well, one could probably call the tigress a sort of goddaughter at this point, and snorted at the fox's offer. "Ask Conrad. He's game for anything, and his wife will want the originals." As Ishimi apologized, he kept a close watch on Baek. The way he wore his weapons out in the open indicated that he was asking for trouble, and Vaughan was worried that his words were held in the same manner...

*Pot, meet the kettle.

WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek rolled his eyes, guessing that either the utterance in a foreign language was meant as an equivalent to a sigh of stress, or it was negatively directed at him. He didn't budge though, not because it didn't annoy him and not because he was gobsmacked. It was just that he couldn't care anymore. What was the point of all of this anyway? Why was it coming so far and why did this random stranger give a shit?
"A'm a stressed lad. A stressed lad that has too much on top of him. That's ma defence and A'm runnin' wi' it." The teenager was just tired of fighting unnecessarily. Fighting for a cause was fun while each call lasted, but when it came down to squabbles over what one person said to another, it just wasn't worth the sweat, tears or... Blood. "A'm willin' tae listen. Obviously you've got experience in this role - more than A' do anyhow. A' shuid learn."
Baek stood up immediately as the sound of others approaching tickled his ears, immediately gripped his weapons and jerked them out in front of him quicker than the eye could follow.

He tossed his gun and his sword to the sand in front of him. And then stood in silence.

The man standing by Ishimi whom had addressed Baek didn't really seem quite right now that the wolf was looking at him. It was somewhat unnerving, but aT the same time, Baek didn't feel as though he was in any sort of danger.
Ishimi apologised and Baek winced. He wasn't ready for that.
Ishimi didn't look happy either and she wasn't making any eye contact with him.
He looked to Ishimi's uncle again. "Y-ye didnae shout at her, did ye...? A' feel like A' filled that part in..." He croaked, feeling the guilt hit him now. If Ishimi had taken in what he had said, she would have had recieved more punishment than she deserved.
Now that the purer part of his anger had faded, he had become a sucker for a sad face - Especially one trodden on by guilt. "A' ken it... Probably wulnae mean much but... A'm sorry 'swell." He admitted, looking to the sand in a close study as his red hues shifted to a deep indigo. "This is just as much ma fault as it is yours. If no, then more so."

Silence took over him again.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki shrugged. "well I suppose Morissey and Ishimi are decent company, well Ishimi is better if she's not losing her temper." She replied to Zephyre's comment about company. The mention of another part Kitsune reminded her just how out of place she felt the the current group she was surrounded by. They all seemed to have something about them that went beyond the widely accepted explanations of the world, and here she was just an average girl. While there were stories of magic in her family's history, she wasn't sure how much truth there was to them, and she definitely didn't feel like she had any of it.

"Yeah, that would be Taski. She had mentioned going to a dojo that's one of the outbuildings on the property. I was just about to go there myself. I need to do something to clear my mind a bit, if you want to come with, maybe Taski is still there." She commented as she returned to her previous course toward the door. "you coming too?" She asked, turning her head just enough that she could see Morrissey as she asked.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi was silent. She didnt move. She didnt speak. She was waiting for something. Agreal gave her a nudge. "Your mother isnt going to come down on you today dear. She's currently servicing my car."

Ishimi finally spoke. "I was trying to protect you..." she said in almost a whisper. "That out there...what i did.... that was a practice spell. I just tried to get you to back off.... i... i didnt want to get anyone hurt...." agreal smiled softly. Turning to Baek she spoke, "I can imagine you can hold you own. But Ishimi is more of a mass area effect fighter. If she cant best you hand to hand.... she wipes out a half mile wide field. please dont take it personally. I can tell you have strength and skill at your young age. But i have known her for some time. She is a darling girl.... once tou get her to open up."

The fox sensed his work was done and tipped his hat. Looking to Vaughan he smiled. "I will call Conrad next week. Probably around noon on Wednesday. He should be awake and aware by then i assume. Oh. That does remind me. Catalina wanted me to tell you she wanted you to test some new 9mm slugs for her. Shes set the enchantments to more or less knock down ethereal targets."

Turning on his heel he strolled toward the back door. He was cheerful and light mannered. Ishimi still stood there. Quiet, reserved now. This was the young woman without her attitude.