Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Re: Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Post by Rackenhammer »

Stress... yes, Vaughan could well understand and believe that to be the source of Baek's trouble at the beach house. Trying to be the Scottish Punisher will do that to a fur. On the other hand, knowing firsthand what it could do to a fur, he tensed quickly when he saw the wolf react, only relaxing slightly when he saw that Baek was disarming himself. When that teen matched apology for apology, Vaughan relaxed fully, laughing softly as he clapped the younger wolf on the shoulder.

"Now, that's what I call a good start. If nothing else, you ought to make some friends. I wouldn't have lived past 17 myself if not for the friends I managed to keep, nor past any subsequent birthday either..." His voice and eyes grew distant for a little, before returning to the present, nodding a good-bye towards Argeal. "You see what I mean? Professional as well as personal assistance. Time with friends is supposed to balance the stress of our work; it's why I sent Morrissey here as well."

~***~

Zephyre could sense the other girl feel out of place. She knew, for the opposite reason, what it was to move in a world that was not her own. "Look, I don't mean to make you feel like a stranger, and sure, I'll come with you! I could use some sparring practice that doesn't involve shadows and blood." The vampiress looked back at Morrissey. "You coming?"

The lynx stepped back, nervous. "Er, I'm not so good at, ah, hand-to-hand stuff."

"Well, watch and learn, then!" And without waiting for further protest, she took him along to the dojo as well.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki shrugged in response to Zephyre's apology. "It's ok, it's not really your fault." She sighed "I'm still getting used to the idea of magic, and supernatural beings existing, and being surrounded by those on top of that." Her ears drooped a bit. "It's definitely humbling if nothing else."

She looked around as they arrived at the dojo, She didn't see Taski, but the space did seem to have been recently used. Perhaps they had just missed the kitsune, or she had gone outside. She surveyed the space with a smile of appreciation. "well, this is a nice spot, I can see why Taski was up here so long." She commented as she moved in toward the center of the floor. "So, shadows and blood, or is that something I'm probably better off not knowing about?" She asked Zephyre as she ran a foot lightly across the floor in front of her, and started going through Tai Chi movements to warm up and stretch.
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Post by WulF »

Baek nodded slowly as he was addressed by Agreal. He hadn't spoken once Ishimi stopped, unsure of exactly what he should be saying to her at this point. Baek glanced at Ishimi, trying to forge a smile, but he just couldn't. It was too awkward. The wolf's blue eyes looked away from her and instead to Vaughan when he felt his hand on his shoulder. The older vigilante's laugh didn't do much for the teen, but at least he knew that now things were awkward for a more easily resolvable reason. Much less delicate.

Baek nodded at Vaughan's words, although he wasn't sure whether he completely agreed. "That's ane problem A've got." Baek frowned in disappointment a measure. "...See A've a contact on a certain phone that... well is pretty much non-existant now. He's ehm... well he's no frae this world an' he wis the ane tae gie me the weapons in the first place." He sighed and explained himself a bit further. "He told me no tae make friends, cuz A'd just end up sad if anythin' happened tae them. Which, A' admit, makes it kinda stupit', me comin' oot here in the first place."
He scratched at the back of his head and blushed slightly under his pelt, realising that he had been pretty foolish, going against Alfreimus' "advice".
Although one thing that Baek had forgotten to remind himself of, was that he wasn't supposed to actually tell anyone about Alfreimus. The penny hadn't dropped on him yet, so he just went on oblivious.

"A'll need tae get a new phone... so A' can keep in contact wi' him."
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Ishimi quietly shuffled her feet. She was still silent. Her wings shifted softly. She looked up at the pair. Vaughan was an adult. He seemed sure of himself. Calm. She wasnt. The sheer fact he was still calm made her feel more a child than ever.

The tigress was not certain if she should even speak. After a moment she spoke. "Im sorry..." its all she had. She didnt know what else she could have said. "Dinner is on the table." She said and headed off slowly. She was walking down the beach into the distance. In a couple moments she had put a short ditance between herself and thd group.

Ishimi needed time to adjust. To contemplate. She was unused to dealing with anyone. At least in person. Online it was simple. This was out of her comfort zone. After a moment she spread her wings and took off. Heading up again, she was soon lost in the clouds
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Vaughan sighed as he watched Ishimi leave. The poor girl was nervous, not exactly the most social of types. She was a bit like he used to be, only he had found a friend early in life that had helped him adjust and deal with the rest of the world. Speaking of which...

"Baek, I would advise you not to listen to that fool and coward. Pain is an insufficient reason to not embrace life." The wolf's words were firm with conviction on this point; though a little humor crept into his voice as he continued. "After all, if you were afraid of getting hurt, why did you go into the business?" Ha laughed a bit, before resting a paw on the younger wolf's shoulder. "Would you mind if I took a look at those guns, incidentally? I'll admit to a certain degree of professional curiosity."

~***~

Zephyre shrugged off her shawl, stepping onto the floor opposite Nikki to do her own warm-ups. "Oh, you're a smart girl; you can probably guess what I mean." She said with a wink.

Morrissey stood back, in the position of a match judge, though it had to be said that he was hardly an expert observer. Well, he could always just watch and learn...

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki chuckled softly. "Oh, I can guess all day." She replied. "But I don't really understand any of it." She paused as she finished warming up, and stood in a relaxed and balanced stance in front of Zephyre. "I mean, magic, until earlier today it was just the stuff of fairy tales, and fantasy novels. Something you want, but know isn't real, and now come to find out it's been there all along. How is it used? Can anybody learn?" The young hybrid was still trying very hard to wrap her head around everything that had been revealed that day, and it wasn't hard to see that there were some internal conflicts going on. Even though she was sifting through these conflicts, she did seem ready to spar though, she just wasn't making any moves.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek folded his arms and looked down to the floor by his right, ears flattened a bit. "Aye well..." He sighed, and inhaled slowly. "See... the guy's a bit o' a nutter..." The young wolf shrugged and looked back at the older canine. His heart skipped a little and his eyes dilated and shifted to a cold silvery colour. "Shite... A' wisnae supposed tae tell ye about him..." He gruffed quickly, but then settled again, knowing that there wouldn't be any turning back. "He's a demon, basically... An' he's no stupit either. These weapons reap soul energy... energy that demons dinnae typically hae. Unless they're demis." Baek shook his head and rubbed at his brow, assimilating as much of the stress as he could from the past while.

"He winnae hurt me or anythin', cause he needs me. Somethin' about repent an' whitno..." He rubbed slowly at his left upper arm and undid the tight straps holding on the blade, and then did the same for his other arm. They hung loosely in his closed paw and swayed gently. "A' tarted this because A' knew that it A'd never hae another chance. A' must hae been chosen fir a reason, no?"
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi hung in the clouds. The sun was beautiful as it was going lower. She was quiet as she just watched the sky. The air was thin up here. But not so thin she couldnt breathe.

As she sat there for a few minutes she calmed down. floating off the cloud she came down to ground some distance from the beach house. Sitting on the beach she just watched the ocean roll along. Her soft pink eyes taking in the scenery. She could see the various shallow water fish. She could see a few larger fish further out.

She smelt the air, the lingering scent of cooking still hanging on it. The breeze shifted and blew back toward the house softly. Aster a moment the tears began to fall again. She wasnt sobbing, but her pent up emotions were just too much for her. After a moment she surprised herself. She began to sing. "Ko no waa. Aki nokio. No shi. Ashay me. Own baywo. Oh no ki. Fa ah ki no ma nee. Oo shay ashay-wa. Oom baywo. Ko no ki. Ah niokion shay way. Fu bay no sha-ee. Oom baywo." though it was the Infernal language, this was a much softer, sweeter side. A lullaby her mother used to sing. The soft breeze carried bits of it back toward the house. Ishimi kept singing softly, watching the sun slowly sinking under the waves.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

(Sorry this took so long, guys.)

"Well, I've known my fair share of nutters, Baek, and at least one other repentant demon. They can be virtuous, in their way, but I wouldn't recommend them as role models." Vaughan was still in a good humor, and gave a smile to the rather out-of-sorts looking young one. "Don't worry about secrets; chances are, I'd have met him myself, eventually. As for the weapons..."

The red wolf's face grew a little more sober. "They don't work quite so simply as that, either. Undead, for instance, are animated by negative soul energy. You fire that at a vampire, at it only becomes stronger. If you fired it at me, it would tickle. That's the sort of thing you really don't want to find out the hard way." He reached into his pocket to pull out a card. "I fancy we'll have a lot to talk about later; I'm not sure how long I'll stay myself, I don't want to get in the way of you're having fun, you know. I only came here because I heard you weren't having any."

~***~

Zephyre's own warm-up movements had a ritual grace about them, as if she were an ancient priestess who could worship by a traditional dance. She took her own stance with a serenity that highlighted how many emotions were normally wrestling in her features. You didn't notice them until they were gone.
"Same with any skill; all can learn, few bother to learn it well. It comes easier to some than others." She shrugged. "Of course, my sort need it to live at all; mortals are about the only creatures who can deal without it." She waited for Nikki to make the first move, eyes half-lidded.

Morrissey, meanwhile, had slipped out. He didn't feel like watching the match, and besides, someone had to check on the food...

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki shook her head. "And all this time, it's been right there..." She still found the whole idea a little bit outside her comfort zone, but the more she thought about it, the easier the idea became. Nikki normally prefered to react rather than make the first move while sparring,but she had a feeling they would be standing there looking at eachother all day if she didn't go for it. After a moment, the hybrid shot forward. She moved quickly, for a mortal, but it was far from anything supernatural. She moved a step past Zephyre, planted a foot on the floor between her opponents legs. She brought her arm up, her forearm lined up to impact Zephyre across the collarbone while she thrust her hips back to collide with Zephyre's. If everything went as planned, it would bring Zephyre off her feet, and onto the floor on her back beneath Nikki.

((Sorry if the post is a bit short, combat is difficult to make long posts with, and not interfere with the other player's chances to counter.))
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek chuckled, but then flinched a little when the weapons were mentioned, remembering that the wolf had asked to see them. "Oh right." He chuffed, offering over the weapons. "Bearin' in mind though, Only I can yase th'm properly." He reminded, feeling relatively comfortable offering the weapons as he could call them back if necessary... er... so long as he didn't teleport or something with them. He needed to know where his weapons were in order to summon them from where they were last. "This Alfreimus bloke doesnae feck aroun' though. He's the on'y thing that's unnerved me properly this far, An' even still... well that's no easy. A'dnae ken if that comes frae genuine bravery or blind ignorance..." He shook his head. "Anyhow... Whatd'ye think o' the weapons? They're made o' elements frae his realm, tenfold times stronger than anythin' found here, A'm sure ye ken."

If the red wolf took the weapons, Baek would ball his paws into loose fists and place them on his hips, actually now taking time to glance over his weapons. It had been a while longer than usual since he had maintained them, but they didn't need to be looked after quite as much as weapons with ordinary materials. He guessed this world was just no match.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi was still sitting on the beach. Rolling over memories in her head. Reliving them. Had she become so jaded that every person that wasnt like her was just beneath her now?

And what about her mom? Catalina was .... oh gods her mother would have her head. Ishimi was not supposed to use the power she did. She blew up nothing this time. She managed to hold her temper. But why had she bristled so much at Baek?

The tigress lay back as the sun sank lower and was gone. The sky still had light. Ishimi knew they would likely be expecting her. But honestly, she wasnt so sure she wanted to go back. Besides, what was it worth anymore? Was she interested in friends? Or was it worth it to try? They would all die before she would. They would age and fade and she would still be around. Still here long after the last mortal died. So why was she concerned about their opinions of her.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

When Nikki thrust, Zephyre twisted. It was like the kitty-fox was an exquisite wind-up toy, and took her whole energy of motion from her 'player,' spinning like a gear closely interlocked with her opponent. She'd caught the forearm thrust with her hand, and her tails Nikki's hips. As Zephyre spun, she swung her leg out for a kick... that had not much offensive power behind it. She had elegance, but not too much physical force, it seemed.

~***~

"Hm..." Vaughan tested the material with a few claw clicks, as if he was sounding an unknown container for volume and density. "Yes, those are infernal materials, all right, though as I understood it, Inferno never had very many gunsmiths. I happen to know the best one of those few quite well; actually, I wonder if this might be her handiwork." They were modern in make, these guns, and those Catalina had shown the wolf were somewhat more old-fashioned. Perhaps a rival had reverse-engineered them? Although, the enchantment was more in the gun than in the shells here...

"Fascinating." He murmured, handing the guns back to Baek. "The aura-encryption's pretty solid too, though I wouldn't bet your life that it was completely hack-proof. Don't leave your toenail clippings about if you can help it; those are useful as reagents for cracking such enchantments."

~***~

As Morrissey was heading back to the shark-roasting pit, he caught sight of Ishimi on the beach. "Hey!" He called out, scampering over. "Wondering where you went. Er, feeling alright?"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki and Zephyre used very similar fighting styles, though Nikki couldn’t help but notice that her opponent was a good deal more graceful than she was. Her comparative lack of grace didn’t stop her though as she blocked the kick, letting the force of the blow spin her. In mid spin, she kicked a foot out low in an attempt to sweep Zephyre’s legs. What Nikki lacked in comparative grace, she made up for in comparative strength as she followed the sweep with another kick aimed at gut level.

As much as Nikki felt self conscious at her own lack of grace compared to Zephyre, she had to admit that she was having fun with the sparring. A chance to hone skills without the dangers of a real fight.