Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki shrugged when Catalina asked her to keep an eye on the fish. "Sure, but don't be too long...no telling what kind of horrors you might come back to if I'm left in charge of cooking for too long." She said as she made her way back to where the fish was grilling and checked on it. This checking comprised mostly of poking at the fillets a bit, and lifting one or two to make sure they weren't burning on the side facing the flame.

She watched as Baek suddenly came storming outside and past her. She smiled and waved, then briefly wondered if he just enjoyed being angry and annoyed at the world all the time as he just kept going.

Ishimi returned, and Nikki had to admit that she was relieved to an extent that she no longer had any responsibility for the safety of the cooking food. She listened as Ishimi spoke of bike upgrades. "That is one downfall of a bike, after a certain point, you start trading maneuverability for more speed....of course most vehicles eventually reach that point though, I suppose. I would love a few upgrades...you'll have to let me know what kind of budget we're looking at. Speaking of powerful motorcycles....there's a company out there that makes them with an actual gas turbine engine...they guarantee 250Mph or your money back, course you have to drop a couple hundred large to get it to begin with." She chuckled. Ishimi asked if she had ever been hunting, and she nodded. "Only a few times...and not recently. Every now and then dad would get a wild hair that he wanted something new in the freezer, so he'd gather up my brothers, and me if I wanted to and didn't have other things going on, and we'd go out hunting. Dad was pretty good at it, but half the time one of my brothers would muck it up." She laughed. "Sometimes I wondered why he bothered to bring them along." She eventually shrugged, grinning at the memories. "So, a shack huh...sounds a little rough." She commented carefully hoping to tease a bit more out of Ishimi, but not wanting to push too far.
Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

Morrissey had to admit, Baek did manage the intimidating posture quite well... until Ishimi showed up. For all the lynx actually knew, the wolf was simply a poser, but he knew perfectly well what the Tigress was capable of. He managed to hold his peace until Baek answered back, and then he began to snicker.

"OK, time we went over the plain facts." The sudden release of tension in him had the effect of washing away his reticence, and Morrissey was almost jovial, going so far as to run up to slap the teenager on the back. "You're a vigilante, and I'm a vampire. Well, half a one, and you've got a ways to go yourself. My brother's in the same line of business, more or less, and I help him out sometimes. But really, you could use it more; you can't be too good at reading furs if you've missed picking up on her." He nodded to where Ishimi had returned to the fire pit. "She certainly hasn't been shy about revealing her muscle tone, training, and let's not ignore the fact that she just killed a shark with her bare paws. I think a more reverential- er, deferential attitude is warranted in this case."

He blinked, gaze still on the tigress as he approached, pondering that last slip of the tongue. Never mind, of course, that he'd just revealed his greatest secret to Baek in a fit of, well, almost absent-mindedness. Certainly not with the gravity or care it deserved...
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Ishimi had heard. She tensed a moment, before she relaxed suddenly. No point in hiding it now. Her eyes lit up as she turned to Nikki. Her horns sproated, slowly and curled up in spirals. Her headwings were next. Her muscles rippled as her size reached close to six foot. She turned to face the others. "Guess the cats out of the bag." She smirked as she moved back to cooking. "It was about 900 years ago that I lived in that shack. Im over 1000 years old. Immortality has its benefits."

She smiled and moved the cooked fish to the plate whiile moving more raw fish onto the grill flat. "Im a succubus hybrid. Only 1/4 cubim but im very old. And very powerful. My power is shields. So far not even a demi-god's sheer brute force has penetrated. Even dad's special guns have penetrated my shields. And he has bigger, better guns than what you have there baek. Besides. If I had wanted to hurt any of you, I would have dont it when I arrived. No. Just like all of you I am a teenager. Im here for fun, to make friends. And most of all. To take a vacation. Beaches are good for that..." she smiled at them. Though her teeth vwere violently shaped, the smile was gentle. "So tell me.... what secrets are you keeping hidden?"
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Post by WulF »

Baek laughed half genuinely. "Heheh, oh, whatever. That was a good one." He shook his head, trying to stifle the laughter be fore he cleared his throat and stood up properly. "I hate injustice." He gruffed suddenly. "I hated it so much that I was given these weapons. I'm not going to tell you how or where because there'd be no point. What there is point in clarifying, however, is that these weapons are soul-linked. They are fueled by passion and will. The more of each I apply to effort, the stronger those weapons will become." Baek folded his arms tightly and leaned his posture off to the side. "This pistol has no limits to what you can push it to. The only limit is the user's will and passion." With a short pause to apply another grin, he would continue.

"I'm the first person in the existence of these weapons to own them and they can't be taken from me unless I give them up or I'm killed. That's how the soul-binding works." Removing the gun from his pocket, he would seem to give it a brief inspection before adding finally. "Now, what's probably embarrassing for you to know is that these weapons attack your life force directly. So I'm afraid shields are not much of an option. You've gotta be quick to dodge and uh, heh, with that weight on you it doesn't look like you made it easy." He chuckled, brushing off his shoulder as he turned the female's muscle into somewhat of an insult. Again, this wolf was not one to be talked down to if you didn't want it back, and perhaps more of it than one could chew. "And yeah, I'm a vigilante. At 16 years old." He smiled at Morrissey, silently applauding him for figuring it out so quickly compared to most others. Physically, Baek was rather lean in terms of his fitness showing, but his muscle tone was an understatement of his strength, even if it wasn't by much.

The wolf's blue pigmented hair tuft on his head was blown a little towards the left, mirroring his tail's swift, but shallow motions behind him. "But that's enough about that. To be honest, what does it matter who's stronger? Suddenly I've lost interest in arguing." Rolling the gun over his index finger before dropping it into the open pocket it had come from, he offered his free paw out to the female. "Now, we can't go telling anyone about this stuff, right?" He checked, his tone almost turning it into some sort of warning. "We oughta be friends..."
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki watched as Ishimi changed. She didn't even realize as her jaw dropped open, and she openly stared for a few moments before she caught hold of herself. She snapped her mouth closed hard enough that it was audible before she shook her head. "How....?" She couldn't quite articulate the rest of her question through her surprise. "that's a pretty big secret..." She muttered before she sat down, unsure at the moment what else to do.

Then the posturing continued and she couldn't help but feel a profound disappointment that any of them felt it was necessary, especially after all secrets were revealed. She was thankful though when Baek offered friendship...well sorta...it almost sounded like a veiled threat. She sighed and shook her head, if she had felt out of place before she really did now, though in this case she was sure it shouldn't bother her. Why then, did it bother her. She got to her feet, and looked at the others. "I think I'm going to go inside." She announced "it's been...." She couldn't think of a good way to finish her statement so she didn't, and instead headed into the house. Once she was in there, she was unsure what to do next. A part of her wanted to leave, but a more sensible part of her realized that it probably wasn't a good idea so soon after secrets were revealed, it was likely to give a wrong impression, which could be dangerous...especially after the way Baek had talked about not telling.

She paced the living room a few times before she decided to head for her room, maybe if she went to sleep she would wake up and it would all just be a dream....
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

It was Nikki's semi-panicked retreat that woke Morrissey up to a more sober view of the situation. They'd just revealed not only the reality of the supernatural, but also their membership in it, to two individuals they could hardly have trusted, on such a short acquaintance, to keep so grave a secret.

Having had this realization, the full anomaly of Baek's attitude was apparent. Here he was, daring a being with literally centuries of experience on him! True, he was offering friendship on the other paw, but not in a tone that would in any way placate Ishimi. As for his weapons... well, passion was certainly stronger than reason in the wolf, from what the lynx could see. A definite intervention was going to be necessary.

"Now hold on for just a second." He said, stepping in between Baek and Ishimi, calculating on the tigress restraining from any action that would catch him in the crossfire. "Before we go and justify Nikki's fear, can we de-escalate? Baek, while you're weapons are impressive, and I should in any other circumstance be delighted to examine them further, I should caution you against relying upon them to save you from the consequences of commenting on a lady's weight, mortal or not. And Ishimi, you know perfectly well what you were like at his age. Go easy on him."

WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

"Enough patronising." Baek growled sharply, immediately turning to walk back inside. His fiery red eyes closing to contain his typical teen-rage. Baek had a right to be arrogant, even if just a little, it served as the best natural warning he could offer. He was capable, but perhaps just not quite as willing when there was no true crime. Beneath the hardened rind of threats, he was the type of fur who would leave actual violence to be the last resort if he could. Like he had told his father, the cockiness was a good way to keep 'em guessing. He forced his paw against the door of the house, catching it on the other side before it slammed on the wall before he closed it promptly. Where could he go? He could go to the room he would be sharing with Morrissey. The others seemed occupied and he'd have time alone. Maybe he could take the time to think about what he was doing and about what he had done.
They had prized his secret from him. Strangers.
Well. Maybe they'd won him over this one time, but in the long run, he'd be the fastest dog. That is, if this was allowed to carry itself furt-... No. No he had better things to do than toy with "Immortal strangers". He could be outside leaving the bad guys incapacitated for the police to find in the morning...

He opened the door to the bedroom and stepped inside, leaving the light off. As he flung himself backwards onto the bed he was claiming for his time here, he looked up at the ceiling with a look of deep contemplation. What the hell was he gonna do now?
Last edited by WulF on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi shook her head. Her soft sigh came slow before she pat Morrissey on his shoulder. "Hes young enough to have the courage. I will give him that. But he will find soon enough that his prowess is nothing when your opponent can manipulate the very environment itself." She returned to cooking.

Remaining silent for a while she sat on the sand. Then she spoke. "Morrissey. Do me a favor. Check the fridge and see what fresh vegetables are there. Im going to grill some up. If there arent any I can run to the store.... heh you know what go get grumpy pants. I can take him to the store. Might be a good chance to talk..." she stood and pulled the fish from the flames. Kicking the sand over the coals she took the cooked fish inside. Then she came back to get the remaining raw fish. Placing it in the fridge she washed her paws. Moving to her room, she reached into the bag and got a pair of shorts. Then she went back to the porch for her purse. Lighting up a smoke she moved to lean on her car.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki laid on her bed, still unsure what exactly to think. The secrets seemed hard to believe, but was there any other viable explanation for Ishimi's shapeshifting. She shook her head to herself. If it was true, and Ishimi was part demon, what other stories should she believe, what other crazy sounding tales might hide a kernel of truth. These thoughts swirled through her mind mixed with old family tales, and just how absolutely out of place she now felt.

((sorry it's a bit short, I didn't really know what else to do with her for now))
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek growled and huffed as he lay spread out on top of the bed. His distant, stunted stare at the ceiling was beginning to bore him and he needed to blow off some steam. He released a small sigh as his paws dropped off the bedside, pressing softly against the warm carpet. His handpaws were let to rest at his sides until he remembered his bag. It had a few standard bullets in it - he remembered packing them. An idea that sparked his mind had suddenly grabbed all of his interest and attention and he was actually surprised he hadn't tried it before. A smirk spread his jowls as his paw pads touched the pack in the bottom of his bag, retrieving it to reveal the rounds soon to be found within Spiriter's muzzle.

The gun gained a light heat, almost as if excited to be used again. Spiriter seemed to have some sort of consciousness that unnerved Baek, but it would hinder him none. Sliding into the gun's magazine, each round's copper coating would reflect in Baek's now purple optics. He had calmed a fair bit, distracting himself from the last encounter with true life forms. The wolf's blue paws gently slapped the magazine into the gun's handle and his arm straightened out, facing towards the open window from about two paces away.

A glimmer caught Baek's eye as he maneuvered the weapon. A can in the distance was half-covered with sand and would become the perfect target. The teen stepped forward now so that his paws and gun were just outside of the window. He closed one eye and jerked a smile, snapping his finger down on the trigger.

A burst of hot, cerulean light erupted abruptly and violently from Spiriter's opening as it recoiled forcefully and propelled the bullet at hypersonic speeds. The distant sand exploded into a large cloud of disturbance as though multiple jets had flown nose-first into it. Baek's smirk widened as he muttered, "A' like tha'..." The boom from the weapon's discharge was indeed loud and would no doubt startle at least a few of the others. He chuckled at the thought before replacing the pack of rounds in his bag, closing the window and laying back on the bed.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

It was frustrating, Morrissey had to admit. Coming clean had not actually lessened the tension, but only made it palpable and plain. Both the bold Baek and the more rational Nikki were divided from them, and Tansa... well, where was she?

The lynx sighed, looking up at Ishimi. "You can be intimidating, true, and there aren't many males who would risk their ego to back down in front of a female, let alone two. Even from a succubus." He gave a slight smile at that. "And to be fair, he's never seen you really angry, like how you were when we first met." That had been back on the Atlantis expedition; he'd leaked the whole business to the UN, which had stoked her anger almost to the point of murder. Oddly enough, that was the same expedition that had started their friendship. Odd who things turn out.

Well, only time would tell if this revelation would have so beneficent an effect. "I'll talk to Baek about that. Maybe you should find Nikki. Or maybe reverse that. I don't know." Leaving the tigress, he went back to the house. He had hardly made it half-way before a loud BOOM practically made him jump out of his skin. His fur spiked out in every direction, leaving quite a comic sight for any onlooker.

The source wasn't hard to find, either. Looking frazzled and none too pleased, the feline strode up to the wolf in a most irked state of mind. "Do you simply not have consideration for other furs? Do you think you can just do whatever you please with those toy guns of yours? Our nearest neighbors are half a mile away, and you might still hit them with that thing!" He panted, shaking his head. "I had been about to say that Ishimi was interested in simmering down and taking you along to see if there were vegetables to add to the dish, but now..." He shook his head. "It's a wonder to me you've survived as long as you have in your line of work. Generally, the less circumspect a vigilante is, the easier her is taken out. Particularly if he lacks a support network."

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The blast had in fact startled ishimi. And in her panic she ran through the wall, phasing through it like a ghost. She came in in the middle of the lynx's rant. Panting,bewildered she glared daggers at the wolf. "You BLITHERING IDIOT!" She shrieked loud enough to shatter the glass in the window.

She swallowed and then her temper broke. Her gauntlet blade sprang from her left wrist. Four foot of pure rose pink crystal. The room heated up as she hissed at him. The only thing keeping her from striking was that Morrissey was right there. She took a moment, then lowered her posture. Retracting the blade she glared at the wolf. Her horns creeping out slowly. Suddenly she was just standing over him on the bed. Her paw aimed at his face. "I swear if you think for a second I wont erase you from this world...." her eyes glowed violently. Her head wings arched up over her head.

She was was just gone. Having been using magic for speed she stood outside the back of the house fuming mad and her massive size causing the boards under her to creak with the sustained weight. Pacing she lit another cig and smoked. "Children!" She hissed. "I swear if I never see another like him... gah!" She went off into a tangent, swearing in Infernian in a low gutteral hiss.

After finishing her smoke she walked inside and to the room she shared with nikki. Pausing she reduced her size and shape. Opening the door softly she slid in and shut the door. "Nikki... um. Sorry about the noise. Did you.. wanna maybe run to the store with me? I was going to get some veggies for the fish tonight. Maybe a six pack too. Could use someone to talk too... on the trip down there and back."

WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek grinned, the bribe of challenge in his teeth and furrowed brow as the hand was thrust in front of his face. In turn, the muzzle of his gun was inches from Ishimi's face, Baek's finger keenly on the trigger with a firm grip. Stalemate."You don't scare me, banshee~" He chuckled, despite having flinched at the sudden noise of the crazed lady's screech itself. He got up off the bed and brushed himself off, his heart calming as Spiriter spun round his index finger like in the ridiculous cowboy movies.

He looked to Morrissey, his expression betraying his sincerity. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry about that noise. But I don't expect anyone to care, really. Not that I blame them either after the impression of myself I've apparently made here. I just don't take well to threats." He hauled open the window, comically so as there was no glass stopping him from leaving otherwise, and maneuvered himself nimbly out of it as though he had done it many-a-times before. "Anyway... I'm gonna take a stroll, see if I can't get a new cell or something... Kinda need one after destroying the old one. Slán agat, friend." Baek huffed as he dropped out of the window onto the sand.
He had seemed to completely drop his slang terms, leaving only his hard accent to give away his nationality. He turned and headed out towards the city. His sword had been left out on the bed in full view, where as his gun was nicked, in his paws before he shoved it deep into his pocket. "Actually..." He stopped himself. "I'm gonna see if I can't find her and say I'm sorry. Even if she tries to gut me, at least I won't be burdened with the guilt... I'll make it up to her yet, somehow." Baek hadn't mentioned Ishimi's name, knowing fine well that Morrissey wasn't the stupid type. He'd know who he was talking about, surely.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki had covered her head as a sudden blast went off very nearby. She had never considered herself to be easily frightened, but after the displays of earlier, and Baek's thinly veiled threats, it was hard not to be frightened.

When she heard Ishimi scream, it spurred her into motion. She jumped up from the bed, and grabbed her truck keys. "If they want to kill eachother, I don't want to be around for it." She muttered to herself as she grabbed her tablet as well. "hopefully they've either worked this all out or taken eachother out by the time I get back." She continued as she headed for the door.

She opened the door, and ran muzzle first into Ishimi. She rebounded and nearly hit the floor. "I wasn't going to tell anybody anything." She blurted as she dropped her keys. "I just didn't want to be here when the fur started flying..." Her mouth was running before he ears and brain could catch up. As she finally processed what Ishimi had said, she stood there for a moment with her mouth hanging open before she snapped it shut and made a reply. "Um, sure. Just putting this out there though...despite the impression some of my hobbies may give...I am rather attached to my life..." She finished with a small smile. She wasn't quite as worried about Ishimi doing anything as she was Baek, the wolf just seemed to not care at all in the end, and that was the frightening part. If he didn't care, then what was to stop him.

Nikki picked her keys back up, and stepped closer to Ishimi. "your car or my truck?" She asked
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Already in a highly nervous state, the most recent exchange of escalating tensions between Baek and Ishimi had pushed Morrissey right to the edge of the proverbial Hot Tin Roof, as it were. He was not a circumspect individual as a rule; either he kept a disinterested silence, or very interested vociferations poured forth, regardless of how prudent they were.

"You can't keep doing this!" He practically shrieked himself, his fur standing out on end, as if it were full of static electricity. As a point of fact, he did shock himself on the doorknob on the way back inside, which may account for the intemperate nature of his subsequent rant. "We all came here to relax, you know! Some of us as a result of an intervention, true, but given the sort of lives those of us live are stressful enough as it is without further unnecessary exasperation! We need times like this to be peaceful, else we run the risk of snapping! And it ain't pretty when we do." For all his irritation, there was something about his use of 'we' and 'us' that indicated that the lynx included Baek in the group definition.

Taking a deep breath, he heard his venturing of an attempt at apology, which did much to soothe Morrissey's nerves. "Thank you, yes. I can personally attest that even if one's first impression is... less than good, it's not too hard to turn around with a little humility. A sincere apology is a good start, and a resolution to play nice, as it were, will probably do it." His fur had begun to settle, and a friendly smile had returned to his face.