Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Re: Not just any day at the beach. (pm to join)

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Ishimi smiled at Nikki. "Your truck. I don't think the locals would take too kindly to my car. They were giving me the stink eye when I drove through town and I was doing the speed limit. I think a nice long drive would smooth out both our nerves." She reached into her purse and held up a credit card. "Plus any sweet treats we want, I got it covered. I work full time and I can... probably explain more about myself so you understand a bit better. I'm not very scary... really. Until someone threatens me or frightens me. and he's really starting to make me feel like he's pushing my buttons to see what I am capable of. I came here to relax and get away from that side of myself."

Hearing Baek outside she made a motion to nikki to be silent. Taking Nikki by the paw she motioned the woman to follow her silently. Coming to the other side of the house. She winked at Nikki and smiled softly. "Let's get out of here before he gets close. I really don't wanna deal with him right now..." she took Nikki by the paw and winked sliding actually out the front door and then in a dash got to the truck with Nikki. Baek was still well away. "Come on, before he catches up with us... Last thing I want is to be forced to deal with him the hard way."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki chuckled a little nervously, and nodded when Ishimi suggested that they take her truck. She nodded as Ishimi began to explain herself a little more. She had been about to reply when Ishimi motioned for her to be silent, then took hold of her paw. She followed along in silence, not that she would have a whole lot of choice in the following if Ishimi insisted at this point. She nodded, but continued to stay silent when the tigress suggested they take off before Baek had the chance to find them. After Baek's earlier displays, Nikki agreed wholeheartedly with avoiding another confrontation of any kind with the wolf.

Nikki sprinted behind Ishimi to her truck, and hopped into the driver's seat. She hit the starter, shifted the vehicle into gear, and hit the gas. She was careful not to squeal the tires as they made their getaway out on the road. She turned on the stereo, and dubstep played through the speakers. Once they were actually on the road and heading to town, she decided to speak. "You never struck me as one to just arbitrarily maim or kill anyone...at least I hope you wouldn't." She chuckled, this time not quite as nervously. "Baek on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. He doesn't seem to actually care about anything but himself so far, and that makes me nervous in this case." She sighed. "I had planned on unloading the bike before going back out, but..." She finished with a small shrug. "...So, you mentioned sweets." She prompted with a grin, she was a sucker for sweets, especially donuts.
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Post by WulF »

Baek hadn't been moving very quickly, but his ears weren't just for show. He'd hear the doors slam and the engine start up from where he was, which was by now, just a few feet round the corner. He slowed and pressed himself against the wall, readying himself for an angry Ishimi. In the actual mood he was in now, he wasn't too keen on starting anything again, he'd already blown off the majority of his steam with that gunshot, feeling the boom seem to move the very ground beneath him. He watched as the furs hopped into the truck hastily. The only reason he could think of for hurrying in such a way was that they'd be avoiding him. How could he apologise if they kept running?
He had an idea instead of following them. He'd wait for them to leave and be well out of sight before he would slip round the corner and lean his back up against the wall loosely. The wolf'd slowly slide himself down to sit on his hind, leaving his legs bent up in front of him, his knees close to his chest while he curved his arms round them. With a soft sigh, he closed his eyes and began waiting. He'd be lucky if they came back soon. He'd begin piecing together some sort of apology, having never been very good at it as he was being sorry was a rarity to him considering his "profession". Baek blinked slowly and continued to stare at nothing in particular among the more distant streets.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

Well, it seemed that any repairing of relations would have to wait until the girls returned from shopping. The lynx could only shrug; it was probably for the best. Ishimi would return in a much better humor, after all, and it gave him a chance to open up to Baek, and perhaps make a friend.

"Come on, let's keep an eye on that fire pit." He tapped the wolf's shoulder to lead him back to where it was dug. "I find that thinking is always easier when you have something to occupy yourself with, but not pressing. Full repose is as deadly to contemplation as frenetic action."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi nodded at Nikki's words about Baek. Then at the mention of sweeta she smiled. "I kept up a lot of work, so my credit card balance is big. I think we can afford a few treats. Maybe some caramel for Beak to keep his arrogant lips shut." She snickered.

After a moment she sighed. "At his age my mother would have beat me four shades of blue for discharging a spell of that caliber. Even if it were something that small." She sighed. Then looked at her left paw. "I envy you Nikki. Your world doesnt last as long as mine.... I grew jaded a long time ago. I was born in a time when the world was ruled by kinds and my kind commanded respect with a glare. We could make the kings bow to us. And then people just.... stopped believing in us. Not just us. The Angels suffered the same fate too. And when guns became available, even the mortals that practiced magic fell by the wayside. No more need to find a hero, just put a bullet in the monster...." she grit her teeth softly.

"I was there that day.... in Domus. The locals I told you about. It was just after most military forces had obtained muskets. We hadn't really adapted to that yet. Mother had made a few and even ones designed to fire spells. But our craft was sworss and armor. These new weapons.... it was a slaughter. A handful of villagers didnt like immortals mining ore on their lands. Even though we paid them well. And with the very guns we provided them as part of the payment... they killed our friends....angels ans demons alike. Common workers that didn't have a chance to fight back....."

Ishimi swallowed the lump in her throat. "I.... I watched my friends die. And I...I did something terrible. I will never forget what I did.... but the way Baek acts.... just like those people acted. Arrogant, they didnt care that we just wanted a little ore and we would leave.... they felt empowered by their toys.... and in the end I lost fifteen friends to eight idiots with guns...." she was silent as they came into town. Closing her eyes she juwt breathed softly.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have burdened you with that. I just... it feels good to talk to someone my own age.... respectively. We age slowly... so at a little over 1000 years old... im about 19, maybe 20. After that day I just.... stayed away from mortals all together. I worked the smelters and fabrication. I made metal and shapped it into things. I lived through most wars, both world wars. Saw the governments chang hands so many times I lost count... god save the king." She looked at Nikki and smiled softly. "But i do remember...at least...that at some time I did have friends...." she glanced forward. Her face softening. "Sorry... I didnt mean to do that. You probably dont wa t a history lesson right now."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki grinned at the idea of sweets, and the mental image of Baek's mouth stuck shut had her snickering right along with Ishimi. As the succubus went on to talk about her past, Nikki found that it took a lot of effort to continue to keep any concentration on the road in front of them. She nearly gaped openly as Ishimi confirmed that magic was a much more common occurrence in the past as well as demons and angels. She found herself again wondering about the old family stories of magic, and finding them easier to believe by the moment.

Luckily, they arrived at a grocery store as Ishimi started talking about much more personal things from her past. Nikki pulled the truck into a parking space so she could devote what she felt was a much more appropriate amount of attention to the tigress sitting in the seat next to her. Hr expression was heartfelt sympathy as Ishimi talked about the loss of her friends. "Oh dear, that's terrible..." She replied quietly, reaching out and softly touching Ihimi's arm as she did.

Ishimi apologized, and Nikki simply gave her a warm smile. "what's a friend for, but to share the burdens as well as the fun." She gave a small laugh. "Even in relative terms, I think you have a couple years on me." She joked. It was much easier to take Ishimi at face value when she wasn't actively displaying her power, and Nikki found that she genuinely wanted to be Ishimi's friend.

"I might actually be interested in more history lessons later if you don't mind questions, but for now, let's do some shopping." She suggested, the bright smile she had sported earlier in the day finally returning to her muzzle.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek looked up to Morrissey, the motion itself seemed pretty sluggish and reluctant, and not in the expected teenage demeanour. "Alright... S'pose Ah wouldn't know." The wolf groaned as he picked himself up off the sandy, wooden porch. "Ah jus' need tae think about how Ah can apologise and let Ishi ken Ah'm no all about conceit..." His head hung a bit as he formulated an approach, following Morrissey quietly back to the others.

He stayed quiet as he looked about the fire pit and slowly, he sat down to think at its edge. Maybe something really was wrong with him... After all it was taking all this effort and scheming just to come out and say sorry. Hell, he could kill two metaphorical birds with one metaphorical stone comprised of two simple words! Not that just saying it would mean anything alone. "You ever do something like that, then feel horrible about it afterwards?" He asked to Morrissey, without checking to see if he was actually there with him. "Ah mean, Ah ken it's just me, but it's happenin' more and more lately. Just cannae keep mah maw shut sometimes. Habbit Ah think."
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Many tended to forget that there was as much shyness as arrogance in youth; usually only the latter was impressed in the mind of the observer, since a shy teen takes efforts not to be seen as such, whether by hiding himself or his feelings. Morrissey, however, remembered his own 16th year well enough to sympathize. He took a seat by Baek, looking at the fire with a more careful eye, making sure it burned even and low.

"Eh, most of my regrets are for things I left undone. Timidity produces as much shame afterward as rashness, you know?" He smiled a bit as he continued, "You just need a couple of friends around to give you a push forward or a pull back. Ishimi's a good one to have, and I'll do my own best. What do you say?" He looked over, extending a paw to shake.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi smiled as she got out. Heading into the store she grabbed a small cart. Though her wings drew some attention, she kept smiling. First up was sweets. "Mmm chocolate?" She asked. Turning toward the aisle with the sugary foods.

The tigress stopped by a large rack with various flavors of candy bars. Her tail swishing as she made her decision. "If you spot anything you want let me know. We have plenty of leeway with our spending."

Innthe back of her mind she pondered Morrissey. He was a quiet feline. Not timid so much these days. But plenty quiet. She wondered what he was doing now. Most likely he was talking to Baek, to get him calmed down. Her eyes glanced over the candy. Speaking of the wolf what would he like?

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki giggled a bit. "Of course chocolate." She replied enthusiastically. She paid little mind to the attention that Ishimi drew, figuring it wouldn't help any if she worried over it. She picked up a couple different bars of flavored dark chocolate as well as some white chocolate. As she put the bars into the cart a thought came to her. "Oh hey! what about S'mores?" She asked as she grabbed a couple bars of plain milk chocolate as well. "donuts or cinnamon rolls would be good too..." She paused for a moment "this is all going to go to my hips." She commented with a slightly helpless laugh "but what's a vacation without a bit of indulgence?" As the pair continued through the store another question came to mind. "So, you knew Morrissey before today. How do you know him?" She asked with some curiosity.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek's eyes, mixed with a dancing liquid-like transformation, turned from their frustrated and upset red to a deep, calm purple as he looked to Morrissey. The feline seemed to understand him more than most, and so to pass up the offer would be a move no short of utter stupidity. Baek was never spiteful, although his character could definitely connote it in a briefly educated description. "Uh... Aye..." He replied, sounding somewhat timid himself as he slowly reached out his paw to shake that of Morrissey. Affection of any level was not something he experienced often, even when he knew why. Some reasons could be helped; others couldn't. "A' used tae be a guid wee lad. A'd never get maself intae trouble like that a'fore aw this vigilante shite when A' got those weapons." He looked back to the fire, its heat and hot hues reflecting on the wolf's face and eyes. "A' should be the aine askin' fer a shake. A' wis the aine causin' the bother." He chuckled under his breath and released a soft sigh. "A' just hope A' get the chance tae make that friendship with Ishi... Seems A'm missin' oot..." The wolf smiled.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

It didn't surprise Morrissey to know that vigilanteism had changed Baek's character; cutting oneself off from the common life had done a number on the lynx's own. "Well, the only treatment for that is a little normalcy, I guess. Don't have much of it myself, for obvious reasons." He chuckled, showing his teeth again.

"My older brother, well, he's kind of in the same line as you. Might be able to give a few pointers on work/life balance. Better advice than me; I'm here on account of his intervention. On my own, I'd bury myself in a lab for years on end. They used to joke that my middle name should have been 'Igor.'" And he chuckled again.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Ishimi giggled. "S'mores are good. Lets grab the stuff.... and those..." she was staring at a rack of cakes. ".... I can feel my blood sugar jumping up a hundred points just looking at those. I call dibs on the dutch chocolate." She headed for them. As she got close, a ocuple college guys in jackets blocked her path. Both wore the stupid grins jocks normally wore when they think they got it made. "Hey sweety... how about you and your friend there come hang out with us?" Ishimi turned the cart and slowly pushed it to Nikki. "GEt the stuff for the S'mores hun. I'll catch up in a min." "I dont think you heaaaaaaack!!!" Ishimi had the guy by the throat. THe other was staring in disbelief. He went to hit her. His punch landed and the sound of bone crunching could be heard. Ishimi turned her head to look at him. "You broke your own knuckles..... both of you go away." She let the guy go. He gasped for air as he and his friend scrambled to get away from her.

Ishimi gave a soft giggle as she started gathering up several of the packaged cakes. the tigress hummed to herself as she moved to rejoin Nikki. "Look what I got!!! Strawberry Cream cake.... Last one too." She snickered. "Oh crud. I almost forgot why we came. We need veggies to go with dinner. Well I guess that we can grab some from the produce section. We need to head that way anyway. cant have cake without milk ya know."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nikki laughed at Ishimi's comment about the cakes. Her mirth was quickly stolen as she watched Ishimi's path be blocked. Under other circumstances she might have been a little flattered at the invitation, but there was a certain amount of menace in the air that killed any of that. She caught the cart as it got to her, and she nodded. She quickly turned and headed down the aisle, not really wanting to have any part of whatever was coming next and knowing full well what Ishimi was capable of, and that she was in no real danger from the pair of males. As she turned the corner, she heard the results of Ishimi grabbing one of them by the neck.

She headed down another aisle, and was picking up graham crackers when Ishimi caught up to her. "ha ha, very nice." She replied with a smile. "I got the marshmallows and graham crackers." She pursed her lips when Ishimi mentioned the original reason for visiting the grocery store to begin with. "oh yeah...we did come for veggies didn't we." She laughed as she took the cart, and headed for the produce section. "veggies and milk...fruit?" She asked
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek watched Morrissey closely as he talked, subconsciously smiling a little in amusement as the feline next to him chuckled each time. "I ehm... A' cannae really thank ye enough fer understandin'. A' ken A' keep sayin' it, but A' really mean it." He smiled deliberately this time, and noticably. "But aye... Maybe A' do need tae just take a wee breather every now an' again... Let the police "dae their joab" fer a wee while." He nodded, realising that constant work wasn't as possible as he thought it was when he first started. The space around his eyes had always seemed darker, but that was all due to his near-nocturnal body clock. It made it hard to tell what kind of mood he was really in. Or, it would have had his strange ability to change eye colour not been there. Their current, deep and saturated purple continued his calm and completely relaxed state onto his words.

"Ye'r aulder brother, eh? Sounds like an' interestin' lad... Wuid ye be able tae help me git in touch wi' him efter aw this is done? No that A' dinnae appreciate yer advice or anythin', A' just... He might ken an' understand a couple things an' maybe relate a wee bit... Better..." He was hesitant to say it, feeling that everything was untouchably fragile at the moment. His typical self during a guilt-trip as heavy as he liked them.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]