Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Post by WulF »

Baek Lennox, A sixteen year-old self-proclaimed vigilante in a North Edwinian city. He had always liked getting into trouble and then resolving it swiftly. But this time it seemed he was way in over his head, not that he had taken this task up upon himself for a change.

The black and blue pelted wolf had already begun a little expedition for the night and was perched neatly behind a dumpster, his eyes closely studying a group in a narrow alley. As he saw a parcel be passed from one figure to another, a grin shot onto his maw and he stepped out silently from behind the dumpster and began to pace slowly forward.
He reached down to one of the belt loops at his side that had been serving as a makeshift hold for his sword. He easily drew out the sword and let it hang at his side. As the grin on his face grew, he began to pick up speed into a full sprint, also raising his voice to a heavy roar. "AaaaaaAAAAAA-" He was cut short as a large black mass struck him in the side with incredible force. One of the brutes had been hiding in the corner and dashed out with his shoulder upon Baek's advance, ramming into him and plowing him into the wall.

Baek's hues dilated and his mouth opened wider in a silent cry of pain. As he struck the wall, everything flashed white and then dimmed quickly to an impossible darkness.

Cold and wet, Baek sat in the darkened room, seemingly alone as his makeshift restraints held him tightly locked to a planted table leg. His maw totally silenced with tape, save for unintelligible mumbling and moaning. Blindfolded and weary, he shook his head, trying to bring himself to focus.
“Agh, Dammit, Baek… Ye’ve buggered it this time, so ye have.” He scorned himself mentally, realising what was happening. “Ya couldn't just let things be… Well if ya end up dead, then it’s your own fault.” He continued to punish himself.

He had opened his maw as best he could behind the tape to speak out, but was cut off by a heavy echo of approaching footsteps. Baek blinked under his blindfold and struggled, yanking at his restraints round his hands. His struggling was interrupted by a harsh tug on his face as the tape was torn from his fur.
“Agh! Ya Bassa…! Where the hell am I?” He growled out. The entity raised a hand and dropped a heavy fist on his cranium, forcing him to the floor.
“You little brat…” It said, its vocals deep and defined, gravelly with a Southern Edwinian accent and obviously belonged to a male. “You have no idea how much trouble you’re really in… You’re gonna die here.” It chuckled. Baek fell hard onto his side, his head pounding hard as the hit vibrated through the inside of his skull. He whimpered and tried to pull himself back up, but to no avail as the larger male pushed him back towards the cold, tiled floor.
“A-a-ah… Shhhhh, go back to sleep, heheheh.” It chuckled faintly. Slowly removing the force of its hand from Baek’s form, it turned to walk away. As it reached the door, it slammed its hand against the heavy wood and pushed, passing with a grunt through into another room.

The black and blue wolf winced and flicked his harks, hearing some shuffling not too far from him. He stayed still, listening in to it.
A few minutes passed and he decided to speak out quietly. "Who's there? Are you in trouble? Or are you just another one of those asshats?"
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Re: Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Post by Asyriel »

It had been late, and Dima had been in one of the seedier bars in Edwin. She had been on her way back to Nikolasha after visiting some friends in Old Nottingham. She had landed at a regional airport not far from the bar for refueling, and decided to stay the night at a nearby hotel, and finish her flight in the morning. Her choice of bars had been her first mistake of the night. It had been some little hole in the wall, with only a few patrons, none of which looked too upstanding. She had confidence though in her abilities to defend herself, her second mistake of the night. She had been enjoying a couple drinks, and chatting with one of the patrons for most of the evening. The bartender had to have been paid off, or working for them all along because she never let her drinks out of her sight, but one of them had been drugged. By the end of the night she had been face down on the bar out cold. She wasn't a small girl by any means, but she was trussed up and hauled of easily enough in her drug induced coma. They had of course searched her for weapons before depositing her in the room with Baek, made sure she was well enough restrained as well.

Dima had slept through their captors visit, and talk with Baek. The shuffling the young wolf had heard had been her waking up, and quietly assessing her state, and surroundings. "ugh...my head." She mumbled groggily. "asshat? Really?" She replied. "you think I'd be hanging out in this dank hell hole if I had a choice?" She asked. The heat in her voice came mostly from anger at herself for letting herself fall into a situation like this. "Terrible choice of bars." She grumbled to herself before she addressed one of Baek's other questions. "I may be in trouble, but that has yet to be seen." She said, her voice holding a strong note of determination. She sighed, and leaned her head back as she continued to fight away the last vestiges of the drug that had been used to knock her out.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek grumbled a little, almost offended by the other victim's response, but he new the reason would most likely have been out of panic or frustration and so he would let the attitude slide. "You're not hurt?" He inquired, a certain degree of concern was audibly present in his vocals.
With a deep frown behind the blindfold, he began to think hard of ways to escape, then realised that wasn't going to raise many plausible results as he hadn't the slightest idea where he was. The wolf's frown quickly melted into a heavy portrayal of futility. The pounding in his hed was still strong, like someone was still punching him constantly in the back of the head and he began to grit his teeth in frustration. "Grrrh, They're gonna pay for this, because now this is personal." He muttered, a moderate ring of heated anger vibrated his voice further into a dark and menacing tone.

As he continued to tug and pull at his bindings, grunting and straining all the while before releasing a heavy sigh, he seemed to grow increasingly impatient. "Damn! Ugh, how are your restraints? Not even a little loose...?" He tested hopelessly, fearing her reply.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima chuckled at her fellow captive's comment about their captors paying. "oh you better believe it." She replied. "I have quite a few friends in the PMC world that wouldn't mind coming down this way." She shook her head to clear it a bit before she tested her bonds. Some more shuffling could be heard as she moved and twisted, checking her range of motion, and the tightness of her bonds. "they're pretty tight." She responded. "I don't have a whole lot of range of motion. I don't think they bothered to use metal though." She said with a very small hint of optimism. Unlike most felines of the time, Dima kept her claws sharp. She was glad she held on to this habit from her military days, sharp claws were just one more advantage in a fight, or a situation like this. "I might be able to cut through them, given some time."
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek huffed and snapped his jaws shut, slouching back against the pole he was tied to like the typical teenage boy. "Heh, oh yeah, sure... take all the time ya need!" He jeered in frustration. "Uugh... I can't believe I messed that up so badly... that guy was waiting for me to move... I should've seen hi-... oh, hehe... don't mind me." He stopped, realising now that he had been thinking aloud. He blushed a little under his pelt at his latest screw up... they seemed to be coming in force lately. He clenched his jaws and fists as a burst of anger-fueled adrenaline shot through him and he dashed up and forwards in an attempt to break the bonds securing him. He was jolted to a hault as the bonds didn't break on impact with the pole. As he slouched back, still standing, he found himself leaning on something other than just a pole. It was a table. "Heh, it's a table! Which means I can probably slip the bindings underneath the leg!" He grinned, his voice still grainy and angered-sounding. He slipped down to the floor and felt around the base of the table. He felt a flat metal plate, with heavy bolts securing it down. "Agh damnit... it's bolted..." He gruffed, further annoyed by the cancelled method of escape.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"Hey! I don't hear you offering anything but noise." Dima snapped in reply to Baek's jeer. She didn't really have any interest in his slip but couldn't help make a response. "if you don't want it to be heard, you probably shouldn't say it aloud." all the while, she was working to get her hands into a position that she could start working on cutting through the bindings on her wrists with her claws. She chuckled as she heard him try to break his own bonds apparently by force. "if you aren't careful, you'll pull your shoulder out, and still have nothing to show for it." She advised before he voiced his revelation that it was a table they were bound to. "I'm not surprised." Was her reply to Baek's annoyance that the table was bolted down. "They would have to have been pretty stupid to tie us to a table we could just lift." She continued to work on trying to cut through her bonds while she talked. "See if you can tell what the top of the table is made of, and how the legs are attached." She suggested. It would be better to keep her companion at least a little occupied than just sitting and stewing she figured, besides, she wasn't sure she was going to be able to cut through her own bonds.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek gruffed hard at having the female snap at him. "What, you don't think I'm trying my own thing? I'm no slacker especially when it comes to situations like this." He rolled his shoulder as he felt it become a little tight. He sighed and flicked his harks as Dima suggested trying to figure out what the top of the table was made from. "Pfft, what good will that do!? I'm not in the mood for games... I'll do it... but if you're just toying I'm gonna get a bit annoyed." He growled, more frustrated with himself and the situation than anything else. "Look, I'm sorry I snapped. The last thing we need is a feud between us. We're both victims and we both need to get out of this." He murred, a little calmer now.

He slid up the table leg, pushing to a hunched stand as his paw pads felt around the under side of the table. "I uh... I think this is laminated MDF... heh, cheap..." He snickered at the lack of investment put into the furnishings before frowning and thinking for a moment. "Seriously though... Why did you want to know...?" He inquired lightly, his curiosity a bit tickled.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima was actually a little surprised that Baek wasn't following her logic. She probably would have snapped again except that he was being more helpful than he had been earlier. "If it's just four legs attached to a cheap top then, if we work together, we might be able to pop the top off, and at least make headway that way." She explained patiently. "But, if the legs are two solid pieces, it's not going to do us much good." She grunted a bit as she continued to struggle with her bonds.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

The wolf frowned as the female explained. "W-well it's uhm..." He started, giving the underside of the table another once over with his gloved paws. "...The legs are separate... I think we can do this!" He gruffed with a hint of excitement in his vocals, his harks pricked eagerly. As his tail began to brush the table leg and the back of his own legs as it swung, he grinned menacingly at the sudden thought of escape, and payback... Justice was one of the lower items on his list of reasons to escape now. "Oooohooohoohoo~! They're gonna regret this!" He jeered, almost singing aloud. "You're alright though, right? You can stand and stuff?" He inquired, knowing their job would be made so much harder by gammie limbs.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"Excelent." Dima replied, grinning to herself as she did. "I think we'll have the best chance if we get ourselves up underneath it, and try to push the top off together with our legs" She said as she began scooting herself around the table leg so that her entire body was underneath the table. "I'm fine. I shouldn't have any problems standing or walking once we're loose. They drugged me, but it's wore off to the point I shouldn't have any problems." She replied to Baek's inquiry. "Alright. Let's see if we can get this table off it's legs." She said once she figured that Baek was probably in position. "Get your feet up on the underside, and we push on three. Ready?" She waited for Baek to confirm that he was ready. "One. Two. Three." She pushed with all of her strength against the underside of the table, and hoped Baek was doing the same.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek nodded and grinned a little, despite the fact that Dima probably couldn't see him anyway as he couldn't see her - Not with a blindfold on. "Good." He responded to her approval of her 'good' health. "Heheh, I think I'd have preferred the drugs...~" He quipped, still ignoring the fading pounding in his head. He tried his best to slip under the table without being able to see. Lowering himself slowly onto his back and using his digitigrade hind paws on the table's underside to walk himself beneath it. "nngh... right, I'm ready." He confirmed with a grunt. Once Dima had finished her little preparation countdown, Baek quickly thrust his legs upward, pushing with everything he had onto the underside.

The table was a little more flimsy than the pair had anticipated and with a few prior creaks and cracks, the table top snapped and flew off in two directions, crashing obnoxiously loudly on the tiled floor and echoing off the bare walls.

Baek gasped, having not been ready for the abrupt break. As the table top's halves hit the floor, he winced and shook his head. "Well then..." He chuckled. "Judging by the smell of old things in here, the sheer amount of dust now suffocating me and that table's easy come apart... I think they're keeping us in someplace abandoned. Do you know any abandoned places around here?" He quizzed, half turning his question into another jest. He waited for her response before adding. "Well, that noise was pretty loud. No doubt 'they' heard it... As of now I think we're on a timer." He shuddered.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima laughed as the top flew off of the table. She braced her back against the table leg she was secured to, and used it as she pushed herself into a standing position. She felt good to be standing, and even better to have some mobility. "I'm not really from around this area, so I honestly couldn't say." She replied to Baek's question as she brought her hands around from behind her back. "Though you do make a point that it would be a good idea for us to move quickly. Come over here, and I'll get your hands loose." She said, not wasting time. As soon as she had access to Baek's bonds, she ripped through them roughly with her claws, then waited for him to get her own hands free. "Now we need to figure out how we're going to take whoever comes in here to check on us. See if you can find something to use as a weapon." She said as she looked for something she could wield besides her own claws as a weapon against their captors.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek snickered and pushed to his paws, obediently moving over to Dima as she broke his bindings. He flexed his arms and paws, feeling good to have the freedom of full articulation back in his limbs. "Ugh.. Thank you." He smiled warmly, and removed the blindfold from his face, tossing it to the floor. Baek looked around him for something to help him break the female's bonds with. "This... this is an old restaurant...?" He chuffed, grabbing for a spreading knife on a nearby table and sawing through the rope on Dima's paws. "There, all good... And look at that, we even have weapons heheh~" He smiled, waving the knife with the rotation of his wrist only in a show-off way. "Hmm... forks... or knives.... oooh, spoons~!" He joked, picking up a spoon and making a mock gouging motion with it before placing it back and picking up his knife. "Hey, listen uhm..." He started. "I had and handgun and a sword with me..." He admitted sheepishly. "They must be here somewhere... so maybe we could use those if we come across them."
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima gathered up a few butter knives, and other flatware. "well, I suppose it's better than nothing." She muttered as she did. She raised an eyebrow as Baek admitted to having a sword and gun, though at length, she shook her head. "A sword? What use on Feila could you have for a sword? It's conspicuous, bulky, slow, and extra weight that could be extra ammunition instead." She shook her head again. "Either way, I wouldn't count on finding either. we're probably better off taking any weapons these thugs may be carrying, and scramming a quick as we can. Hell, if we can find a window to bust out, that would be even better." She said as she looked around the room for just that, all while keeping an ear trained toward the door, listening for the approach of their captors.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek gritted his teeth and gently turned his paws into fists as Dima demeaned the sword. "Grrrh... It's not bulky, slow or even that heavy...! Not to mention it's ma..." He stopped, almost revealing something he shouldn't about the blade. "Besides, you think I'd really be clumsy enough to at least have it dark? I do my work at night." He erupted, his rebuttal having not much if any prior thought as his easy frustration took the wheel. He closed his eyes and exhaled, dipping his muzzle slightly "...It's got a lot of sentimental value..." He spoke quietly, almost too faint for the female to hear. He shook his head a bit and opened his eyes again, hearing something like paw steps out in the corridor. Instinct told him to roll and crouch with his back against the wall just next to the door. After doing so, he gestured with his head for Dima to do the same, his expression portraying an unexpectedly bold visage of concentration and sternness.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]