Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Post by Asyriel »

Dima noticed that Kate was still bleeding, and tore a strip off the bottom of her shirt and handed it to Kate. "might help soak up some of that blood." She said softly. "you should probably stay off your feet till we're ready to move again."

Baek's apology sounded sincere, ad Dima was a little surprised by that. She put a hand lightly on his shoulder before she spoke to him. "I'm sorry for being a bitch...I don't deal with arrogance gracefully." She offered. "I'm going to take a look around while you're working on that and see if I can't find something that I can use to help you out." She said before she started looking around the room they were in for anything that would be useful to help tear down the wood over the exits.
Sponsor

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron
Species: Fox

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate took the strip of cloth and nodded, "Thanks... but I'll be fine." she wrapped it around her head, where most of the bleeding was occurring, the makeshift bandage quickly turning red within just a minute or so. She rested her head against the wall, rubbing her face softly, looking over to the two. She felt a bit proud that they were able to make amends. Now it seemed that they had a decent shot of getting out of here. "So where now? The people in here have to have a way out, so we need to find it..." she said with a certain level of assertion.
List of My Characters
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5895
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Post by WulF »

Baek blinked and stopped, turning back to Dima as she too apologised. She had taken that far better than he'd expected. After a few seconds of puzzling further, he pivoted to watch the fox, leaving his sword lodged deep within the boards still. "If it was me, I'd have it round the back..." He stated, partly in dominance and partly in response to Kate's dominance, regarding her injured state. "What do you guys think?"
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima looked up from her rummaging through a pile of debris, and shrugged when the subject of a back exit came up. "It's possible." She replied. "One of us could go take a look." She looked at Kate. "unless you feel up to following us, only downside to that is if we can't find another exit, then we've wasted time and energy we could have spent here breaking through this." She shrugged again as if it made little difference to her at this point. She had already seen how well her ideas went over and wasn't expecting this one to gain much attention.
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate shrugs softly, "I agree with Baek, here. They obviously have another exit, likely somewhere no one would think of looking to break it at. A back door doesn't exactly sound like too implausible of an idea. I think we really need to start taking a stealthy approach here from now on. Banging on the wood is going to draw a LOT of attention to us, and I'm in no condition to deal with a mob of kidnappers right now." she shifts herself and slides up the wall, grabbing the gun and standing to her feet, letting a soft grunt, "Ugh... The sooner we start looking for it, the sooner we can get out of here." she looks to Dima, "You take point, you have a quick reaction time which is good for making split-second decisions." she then turns to Baek, "You pick up the rear. We could really use your tenacity to cover our asses." She holds up her pistol, "I'll hang out in the middle so you two can help me move faster. I'll be much more effective in combat if I don't have a nasty rhinoceros in my face." The fox manages a soft smile and nods, "Is that okay?"
List of My Characters
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek looked to Dima with a questioning smile, hoping she agreed. "That sounds like an alright plan to me. I guess it's better than this..." he chuckled, lifting a thumb over his shoulder to point at his sword still lodged between the new grotesque split in the wood where the blade had punctured. Wit that, he turned back to his weapon and began to wrench at it again, finally managing to pry it free. He gasped, having expected it to take another few tugs and steadied himself. "I'll have a look and see what's out there." He announced before shifting himself up to the split. The teen wolf squatted slightly to level his eye off with the hole in the wood. "I uh... it's... just black..." A blunt and prolonged sigh escaped his chest and he sunk slightly. "S'pose that means it's just another room... or it's night..." He took another moment to himself. "But surely there'd be street lights or something if it was the street, right?" Baek shook it off with a discarding gruff, figuring that it wasn't of any importance now anyway. The canine took a step back towards the others, blade in paw.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima shrugged as she was out voted. "alright, well let's get moving then, I guess" She replied with little enthusiasm as she started making her way back toward the corridor that had brought them into the room they currently occupied. She waited for the others to get behind her, and started moving down the corridor. When the group reached the area where the path had branched on their way in, she took the path they hadn't been down. Her ears swiveled almost constantly, trying to pick up anything that could warn of another thug trying to surprise them, she wasn't about to get caught unaware. She kept an eye out for any doors, and looked for a turn that would take them in the direction of the rear of the building, assuming they had been in the front.
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate followed closely behind Dima, stacking on corners and trying to maintain at least some level of professionalism. She remained fairly quiet, however, not wanting to break the silence or risk giving themselves away by making passing conversation. It was probably for the better. Her shoulder was tense and paining her badly. She was having trouble walking on that leg, her limp growing more and more apparent with each passing minute. Her exhaustion definitely wasn't helping her power through it either, but she did her best to keep her wits about her, the gun down, but ready to be drawn in a moments notice should she need to.
List of My Characters
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek edged his way along the corridor, careful to stay as close as he could to the others. Seen as the fox was in front of him, it would seem appropriate that he would have to be the one to catch her if she stumbled. He kept his sword slipped comfortably into a leftward belt loop of his blackened 3/4 length bottoms to grant him the best movement without having to watch where he was angling his blade, Obsidian.
The wolf would regularly switch to look behind the group, keeping his optics sharp and vigilant for any sign of pursuit, paw at the ready to swipe his sword from its rest.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima continued to lead the group through the corridors, alert for any surprises while trying to find an exit. They came to an intersection where the corridor they were traveling down branched left and right. She stepped up to the corner, and quickly peeked her head out to look both ways down the adjoining corridor. to the left she caught a glimpse of two thugs that seemed to be guarding a doorway. She pulled her head back, and turned to face the other two. She started to use hand signals to tell them what she had seen, but stopped herself, unsure that they would understand their meaning if she did. "two of them guarding a doorway....could be our exit." She whispered, barely loud enough for them to hear. "If you give me the gun, I can take them out." She offered.
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate seemed a bit glazed over for a moment, taking several seconds to react to Dima's instruction. She blinked at her softly and nodded, "Yeah..." she whispered, handing her the firearm. The fox reached up to feel her head. It was warm and damp. As she assumed, when she pulled it away, her fingers were smeared with blood. She must have been cut pretty deep if it was still bleeding through. She held her head and leaned against whatever she could manage. It took her a second before she realized that she was sort of using Baek as a crutch, her energy having been completely drained from her. "Sorry..." she noted and moved against the wall for better support.
List of My Characters
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek was careful not to stumble as the fox struggled. "Whoa, you alright?" He whispered, only loud enough for her ears to receive. "No worries... you just gotta rest for a sec." He reassured, responding to her apology. He realised that he was perhaps talking a bit too much and paused, watching Dima with his gun. He reached out to stop her, tapping her lightly on the shoulder. "Hold on..." He breathed suddenly, reaching into his pocket. "It won't do too much, but every little helps." He smirked, handing her a scraped and scuffed silencer. "Dunno why I hadn't had that on before..."
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima took the handgun from Kate with a whispered "thank you" She took a deep breath, and was about to move when Baek stopped her. She faced the wolf, her brows slightly furrowed as she wondered why he had stopped her. He pulled a silencer from his pocket, and offered it to her. She took the silencer and began screwing onto the end of the barrel while she replied to him. "Thank you, I think I'm more concerned with how they didn't find that on you when they took your gun and sword." She whispered with a bit of humor injected into her voice. She leaned her back briefly against the wall, and took another deep breath. "..one shot...one kill.." She whispered under her breath to herself as her expression hardened with her concentration. She moved silently, stepping out from the corner. She moved with a deadly determination as she leveled the pistol in front of her, took aim, and fired her first shot at the bigger guard's head. There was an expected splash of gore as the bullet hit it's intended target. While the second guard was reacting to his companion's death, Dima took aim again, and fired her second round. Again the bullet met it's intended target.

Dima looked back at Baek, and Kate, and motioned them forward. "Let's get going." She said quietly as she headed for the door.
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate followed Dima as quickly as she could, taking deep breaths, trying to maintain her focus. She was starting to fade, making increasingly difficult to do so, however. "S- stop..." she panted as the group stacked on the door. Her whole body tingled softly, "I-... I don't know what's going on with me." she said with a deeper expression of worry, "I just can't focus right now... everything's so cloudy..." She inwardly scolded herself for not being able to push on as quickly as she liked. The adrenaline in her system was having a massive effect on her, draining her already sapped body of what little energy she had left the more she came down off of her pseudo-high.
List of My Characters
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek whispered back. "Nah, I just nabbed the thing from that pack of empty guns..." A smile appeared on his face until he saw the fox begin to struggle again. "Whoa, wait..." He breathed. "You'll be alright... We're almost out. We can get you help soon." He looked to Dima and then to the dropped bodies. "Hey, could you go see if one of those guys had a phone on them...? We could call the services." He offered with bright hues of hope.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]