Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Post by Asyriel »

Dima looked at Kate. "you probably shouldn't even be standing, let along walking at this point." She commented out of concern for the fox's waning energy. "One of us should probably carry you." She started to ask Baek if he wanted to take Kate when he suggested she check the guards for a cell phone. "I hate to call the authorities at this point" She commented, gesturing to the two dead thugs as she did. "Too many questions to answer....but I suppose we don't have much of a choice either." She muttered as she headed for the guards, and started rifling through their pockets, not taking anything but a cell phone that she eventually found. "Let's make the call from outside of this place though please. Exit's right there, and it would suck if something happened with us being so close to it." She kept an eye on the door, waiting to see what Baek and Kate were going to do.
Sponsor

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron
Species: Fox

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate was dazed for another moment before shaking her head, "N- no... I'm fine. I just need to rest, that's all..." She felt a bit embarrassed by the thought of having to be carried out. Her pride getting the better of her in this situation. She was quiet for several more moments until Dima found the cell phone. Kate shrugged softly at leaving the exit, "Yeah..." she muttered, leaning against the wall for support. Blood had soaked through the cloth completely, trickling down the side of her head, but not in the same quantities as before. It was definitely slower. She stared in a lull at the floor, the tiny splash of blood droplets falling from her cheek against the floor seemed to capture her limited attention at this point.
List of My Characters
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5895
WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Post by WulF »

Baek looked to the bleeding fox, worry taking centre stage on his expression. "But... I mean do we even have time to find the exit? She's not gonna last much longer, Dima..." He hated to pick out the problems after having finally settled things with the leopard, but this was a life they were dealing with here. He would move his eyes round the space again, looking for any possible signs of an exit in the near vicinity, unluckily, he wouldn't see anything. Baek had been involved with situations something like this many times, but it had never concerned the safety of a life like this other than those of his enemies and his own before.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima shrugged, and tossed the phone to Baek. "My guess is that the door that those goons were guarding is the exit, but call if you like.....we don't even know where we are to tell emergency services." She paused for a moment. "I'm going to check through that door, and see if it is our exit" As she spoke, she moved cautiously toward the door, putting an ear up close to it, and listening for any sounds coming from the other side. once she was satisfied, she put a hand on the handle and slowly pulled the door open enough that she could get a peek at what was on the other side.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek huffed. The technology of modern day phones seemed to always have some sort of GPS function. He scrolled through the many apps on the device, sifting through to find the map while Dima crept ahead. "Hmph..." He shrugged at some ofthe street names, finding the pin telling him where they all were. "St.Morrisson road...? You're kidding, right? That's miles from where I live... I've got a long walk..." He chuckled. He dialed the emergency number and requested the ambulance... After a few seconds of silence from him, he requested it again. His end of the call didn't seem to be going through. "Agh, damn it all..." He grit his teeth, haning up. "Reception in here's piss poor."

(Dammit, sorry... Forgot about the posting order. If your post needed something this one obstructs, just disregard it ;) )
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate would lean against the wall, sitting on the floor, exhausted. "I have... no idea where that is..." she chirped. Her head dipped softly as she shivered rather violently. Her teeth chattering audibly. "I'm s-sso cold..." she hazed, her vision greying out slowly. The fox panted for a few shaky breaths before sliding sideways against the wall, slumping to the floor without another word. She was going into shock from bloodloss and likely wouldn't last too much longer without medical attention. The blood on her head still caked her hair, obviously deeper than they had originally assumed. The gash in her head would no doubt require stitches. She continued lying on the floor, shivering softly, her body was icy cold.

(It's okay~)
List of My Characters
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima didn't find any other goons on the other side of the door so she opened it wider, and found herself in a small foyer with another set of doors a short distance away. She moved to the second set of doors, and opened it like she had the first set. She was met with a wash of fresh air from outside. She led with the pistol which was probably a good thing as she caught sight of another goon in the shadows near the door. "Don't move." She said quietly, but firmly as she stepped completely outside. She stepped up close to the goon, and pistol whipped him. The goon went out easily enough, and Dima headed quickly back inside. "We've got our exit." She said as she approached. She saw Kate, and rushed over. "Crap, we need to get her out of here now. Give me the phone and I'll call as soon as we get outside. Can you carry her?" She asked before she started to lead the way to the exit.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek looked to Kate after tossing Dima the mobile. "Well... Damn, I can try..." He frowned, slipping his right paw under her knees and his left under the bottom of her back. He strained to lift her as he pushed up with his legs and a straight back. As he stood, he had to step to steady himself before he could follow Dima outside. As he exited the building, he would carefully set Kate back down and looked her in the eyes. "You'll be alright. Just stay with us that little bit longer..." The wolf asked of her.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate shook violently as she began to enter early stages of shock; her body was clammy and cold. Her eyes remained unfocused and strained as she nodded softly at his request, repeating, "I'm so... so cold..." she whimpered. The stalwart police officer now reduced to a pale and insignificant slump, barely alive at this point. Kate's mind was running slowly, unable to keep track with what was going on.

One of the furs who was slapped in the head with the gun started to groan, picking his head and body off of the ground, trying to get his bearings. The fox shook his head, holding the back of it as it sweltered with pain from being basically given a concussion. His eyes barely came to focus as he looked around, spotting Dima, Baek and Kate. He just stayed frozen, staring at them, still lying on the ground.
List of My Characters
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima heard the fox groaning, and pointed the pistol at the fox lying by the door they had exited. "Don't move from that spot or so help me, I will put a bullet in you." She told him as she dialed emergency services with her non-firing hand.

"hello, yes. I've just escaped a kidnapping with two other furs, one if them has a pretty bad head injury, she's starting to go into shock." She told the operator on the other line when they picked up. "we're on St. Morrison road, an abandoned building...a hotel I think." She continued as she kept the pistol trained on the prone fox near the door the group had exited
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek grinned quietly at the groaning fox, his usual "dominant" and arrogant air buzzing around him. He looked to Dima as she caled for the emergency services. "As soon as the police get here, I'm outta here. My reputation with those guys isn't the best." He warned. "If the ambulance gets here before that, I can stay a little."
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

The fox started to reach into his jacket, "I'm... not your enemy. You can trust me." he said, reaching to grab something inside of his inside pocket. He looked between the two and to Kate, "What's up with her?" he asked. His attire and overall look was rather unscrupulous altogether. He could have been reaching for a gun he had stashed. Dima would have to make a quick decision while being distracted by the phone call.

Kate's breathing was shallow, quick and strained. Her eyes drooped heavily. She was likely about to go out again. Not something they needed right now. It was dangerous for her to fall unconscious in her condition.
List of My Characters
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"Don't..." Dima warned the fox before she adjusted her aim, and fired a shot that passed just over his head. "the next one will be you." she said calmly as she adjusted her aim to the fox's head. She didn't have an eye on Kate and Baek as she watched the fox, so she could only hope that Baek was keeping her awake, and that an ambulance would arrive soon. "oh yeah, and you think I want to stick around with the cops any more than you do?" She asked the wolf without looking back at him. She continued to keep a wary eye on the fox.
WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek couldn't think what to do at this point. He had never come so close to having someone die in front of him like this. He could only think to shake the fox gently and talk to her. "Don't sleep. Stay awake. If you fall asleep you're not gonna make it." He repeated.
Dima had spoken back to him and he shook his head. "You're not a vigilante who can't afford to be seen. They're looking for me and they know I know." He growled shallowly, turning back to the fading fox, shaking her gently again to keep her awake as best he could. "Stay awake, c'mon."
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Kate jarred slightly, "I-... I'm okay..." she shivered, her eyes still dozing off.

The fox stopped, "Okay.. that was loud. My name is Lieutenant Milo Somberdon. I'm an undercover agent with the Felian Bureau of Investigation. You have to believe me. At this location, the ambulance is going to take nearly 15 minutes to get here. She may not have enough time if she's already going into shock. Get her warm, now, she's shaking like a leaf and probably freezing cold." he looked up at Dima, "If you trust me, I can help her... if not, at least let me take off my jacket to give to her." he frowned, serious now.

If he was lying, he was very good at it, to say the least.
List of My Characters