Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: Quite The Predicament (Drive By Shooting Age)

Post by Asyriel »

"how are we the ones in a precarious situation.....we're the victims here." Dima replied. She opened her eyes a little bit wider when Milo asked how they were holding up. "I'm doing well enough, just a bit tired." She replied. She looked briefly out the back window of the vehicle they were riding in at the police car that was following them. "So what's the deal with these guys...why are they following us?"

Sponsor

WulF
Spy
Spy
Species: Wolf

Post by WulF »

"Hmph..." Baek grumbled quietly to himself, listening to Dima question this stranger. "Actually, I'd like to know about that too..." He sat up and looked to the driver with a powerful expression of intent, his head cocked to the side slightly and his right brow was lowered. He just wanted out of this car and to have his toys back...
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
You can sleep with a gun, but when ya gonna wake up and fight!?
.:[MY CHARACTERS]:.
.:[MY D.A.]:.
.:[MY F.A.]:.
.:[MY Y.T.]:.
[/align]

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron
Species: Fox

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Milo nodded, "Not the predicament I was meaning... you two are the victims and if this organization has their way, it'll stay that way." he starts driving as the light turns green. "With my cover blown sky high, we all may be forced into Witness Protection..." His expression seemed a bit weary as he glanced back again, "This officer and I are seriously going to have a talk when we get to the office..." he says before his eyes go wide and he screams, turning around to yank both of their heads to the floor, "Get do-!" was all that was heard before gunfire and glass shattering erupted from the conversation. The back window having been blown out by the officer behind them, unloading his weapon into the car. Swerving to the right, Milo rights himself in his seat, jerking the car back into the road before flooring the vehicle, gunning it away, "Stay down!" he calls out to the two, likely fairly obvious advice.
List of My Characters
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5895

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"Oh no, I will n-" was all the reply Dima was able to get out before she found herself shoved toward the floorboard of the car. Less than a second later the vehicle was filled with the sound of gunfire, and shattering glass. "That's it..." She growled when the gunfire stopped, likely so the shooter could reload. "you have a phone? Give it to me." She demanded of Milo. She was ready to call in some friends as it seemed that the authorities weren't going to be much help. "Take us to the airport. We can either get in the air, or make a stand. Driving around in front of these guys isn't doing us any good."

WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek hid himself down under the glove box in the dashboard. His arms rested on the seat where he had been sitting and he looked towards the back window. "Assholes have my gun, too..." He grumbled, flexing his paw as though it were missing something he was used to. "Hold on, what kind of pig shoots at a bloody car with a damn sixteen-year-old in it anyway...!?" He continued to press. In the back of his mind, he was enjoying this whole experience a little, but at the centre of his thought process was the situation itself. It was lucky Milo seemed to be able to drive well.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality! If there's an afterlife, then it'll set you free, but I'm not gonna part the seas. You're a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think that by cryin' to me, lookin' so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease, Well then take your medicine! I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain. Somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night.
[/align]

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Milo fiddled around his pocket, flooring the car hard, the sound of the engine roaring as harshly as it could, picking up speed. He tossed his phone into the bad seat, "There! Now stay down! They're not with the police department, I have no idea who they are!" he said, even though his suspicions obviously pointed to the organization themselves. As far fetched as it seemed, it would appear that not even the local police was safe for the group. Acting as quickly as possible, Milo shouted, "Brace yourself against the back of your seat, NOW!" As he finished, the fox slammed on the brakes, trying to jerk the three forward, the tires screeching for traction. They slowed down rapidly, another set of screaming tired just behind them as the police cruiser slams into Milo's car!

His head remained planted firmly against the seat, preventing him from experiencing any adverse whiplash from the impact, only hoping that the other two were able to hold themselves. The cruiser's airbag had went off, likely incapacitating the shooter inside. Milo took a deep breath, calling out, "Is everyone okay?"
List of My Characters

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima caught the phone Milo tossed, and had begun to dial a number. Milo called out for them to brace themselves. Dima wasn't in a good position for bracing, so she rolled off the seat and onto the back floorboard instead. She tried to curl herself up, and brace herself as best she could. The impact came, the sounds of screeching tires, crunching metal and shattering glass accompanied the painful feeling of having her body slammed into the center console. Her breath left her lungs, and the edges of her vision went dark for a moment before she heard Milo's voice. She tried to reply, but all she could manage was a groan as she tried to pull air back into her lungs. She shook her head to clear her vision a bit and immediately regretted it, then began to claw her way back onto the back seat of the car.

WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek was jolted harshly under the dashboard, his head and shoulders being suddenly pressed together with a second of unbearable force. As he somehow ended up back in his seat, he groaned and shifted himself, removing his muzzle from the fabric before slipping back down into the space under the glove box. "Ugh... T-The hell...?" The teen grumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm uh..." He frowned checking himself as Milo asked if they were alright.
"Well I'm alive... as far as I can say." He sighed and let his head drop onto the cushioned seat at the front of the car. "If only I knew where they had Spiriter and Obsidian... I'd be so damn unstoppable right now..." Baek wasn't exactly lying, but he was perhaps just overstating his already heightened abilities when in possession of his weapons. The lack of numbers in the police who had come would at least pose little to no threat anyway...
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Milo paused, taking a deep breath, starting to pull forward, "That should buy us some time." He glanced back to Dima in the floorboard, "Scheiße... Baek, help her, make sure she's okay. We need to get to the hospital, now..." he said, veering onto an on ramp and speeding down the interstate. He flashed his on-board lights to clear a path. He looked back in the rear-view mirror to Dima again, "I'm so sorry, I know that was unexpected, but we needed to get him off of our tail before he shot one of you two." He sped along, his right side getting hotter. He checked that the heat was off quickly before realizing that his entire right sleeve was covered in blood. He paused for a second, only being able to make out the sound, "Huh..." The pain hadn't hit him yet, but he needed to get to the hospital quickly. A clean, through-and-through wound, it appeared and it didn't hamper his ability to use his arm very much, which was fortunate. For now, Milo would remain calm, trying to be as nonchalant about it as possible without drawing too much attention.

"No one got hit, did they?" he asked, just to confirm any other wounds they may have sustained.
List of My Characters

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima managed to climb back into the seat where she lay on her back with her legs bent, still gasping a bit as she tried to force air back into her lungs. Breathing now was painful which told her she likely had a cracked rib or two. She tried to put that out of her mind as she pulled the phone back out, and held it in front of her face so she could see as she dialed a number. "I'll be okay." She eventually spoke as she looked at Baek, then Milo. "You may be better off getting a tourniquet on his arm." She suggested as she noticed Milo's sleeve was dark and wet, something that typically meant a wound in a situation like their current one. She decided it wasn't even worth it to acknowledge Baek's boasting as it wouldn't stop him from doing it, and wouldn't get any of them anywhere. She instead concentrated on her own wounds, and breathing carefully as she finished punching numbers into the phone.

She held the phone to her ear, listening to it ring a couple times before someone picked up, and a voice came through speaking the Arctic language. Dima fell into the same language as she spoke <It's Dima, I'm in Edwin. There's been a bit of trouble, and I could use some backup. How long would it take to get a team here?"> There was a moment of nearly stunned silence as the fur on the other end of the line processed what Dima had said, as well as the strain she tried to keep out of her voice.
<Val's team is about to leave Gawain, I can send them your way...probably a couple hours>
Dima nodded to herself before she replied <Thanks...I owe you one. Have Val stop by my plane and pick up my rifle while she's at it please>
<Sure thing, keep yourself alive till she gets there.>
<Of course> Dima finished before she ended the call.

"I have some backup on the way" She announced.

WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

The teen brushed off his arms, jolting himself a little as a sharp pain shot up the back of his left upper arm. "Ow...! Uh..." He yelped. He looked back to check himself and found no more blood than was expected after being pelted with tiny shards of glass from a car's back window. It must have just been a sensitive spot he'd hit or something. Maybe even a bruised muscle. That was a thing, right? Pfft, didn't matter. Milo, it seemed, had been injured and that was what was important now. That flurry of bullets had missed Baek and Dima by the looks of it, but Milo was still sitting up in his seat when they had shattered the window.
"Alright, Dima." He gruffed, finding a more whole shard of glass on the floor in front of him. He took it in his paw and began to tear into his sleeve with it, enough for him to get two fingers into and rip off a strip of material from the jacket's left arm. "C'mon... lemme put this on you... Gotta stop that bleeding cuz it'd sure be nice to have you alive after this." He bribed, knowing that there was always a chance that help would be refused at first.

Baek wasn't sure right now as of how he should feel about back-up. Back-up sounded like being forcefully stuffed inside a police car to him. "Well... so long as they don't come too near me, I'm fine." He spoke suddenly, although calmly and without much, if any, harmful momentum in his tone. "I've had a bad enough night with the bastards with badges as it is..." He added with a sigh.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Milo shook his head and politely brushed away Baek's assistance, "Please don't touch it... it doesn't hurt for now and I want to keep it that way for as long as possible. We'll be at the hospital in a few minutes, anyway." The pulsing was already starting to throb, his arm beginning to turn tense in pain, but he would just grin and bear it for a few more minutes, unable to relent with his rather blazing speeds. They sped quickly down the interstate, the view of the down town city area in a better arc as he turned off at an exit, driving down the street with a similar agility. His car did seem to handle well to sharp turns, however, fortunately for everyone inside.

At the mention of backup and the short conversation Dima had, Milo looked in the rear-view mirror, "What are you talking about, rifle? This isn't our fight. I'm more worried about getting you three to safety right now. It's probably not a good idea to get any more involved than you already are..." he seemed to caution her.
List of My Characters

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima chuckled at Baek's response and instantly regretted it. Pain shot through her chest, and she let out a groan before she spoke. "My backup doesn't carry badges. I wouldn't trust anyone in this area with a badge after that little stunt anyway." SHe turned her attention to Milo. "Oh, I didn't know you spoke the arctic language. Rifle...you know. You shoot things with them." She stopped herself from laughing again when Milo mentioned it not being their fight. "And you want to trust the police to handle our safety after they just shot at us? Who knows how far up the chain the corruption goes. No, I think this has become very much our fight. Besides, if you wanted to get us to safety, you should have headed for the airport like I told you instead of to the hospital." She suppressed a sigh.

WulF
Spy
Spy

Post by WulF »

Baek thought to planes. "I can't leave, my family still lives here and I'm sixteen..." He looked to Dima, sprouting his words a little more harshly than he wanted. "Sorry... That came out a little too uh... plosively...? That's not the word I wanted, but it's the one I'm going with." He shook his head, shifting his head's angle to look back at the injured fur next to him.
Baek was adamant, continuing to raise the torn part of his jacket. "I tore my jacket, heh. You have to let me get your arm tied now." He bribed comically, pointing with his free paw to his exposed arm.
The Good Guys
► Show Spoiler
[/align]

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Milo groaned, "I spent some time in my early years in the Icelands with my mum... And while I understand your situation, we need to make sure that Kate is all right. If those guys were following me like that, there's no telling what they'll do with her..." he glanced back into the rear-view mirror again, "and that IS my fight..."

He returned his attention to the road, coming up onto the hospital, pulling into the emergency drop-off, "Let me just buy you a new jacket when this is all over." he said to Baek.
List of My Characters