Familiar Face (or) Golden Child of Music (PM FOR ENTRY)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Kitt
Spy
Spy
Species: Fox

Familiar Face (or) Golden Child of Music (PM FOR ENTRY)

Post by Kitt »

((Unsure if I will make this fully canon or not, so take this RP with a grain of salt!))
When it came to magic of the modern era, most who knew or practiced the art kept either kept themselves distant to the population or simply blended in to the masquerade of typical mortals, especially if one was also an immortal non-aging child. Which would be the wisest decision to make when in a position where the discovery of one's true self could result in an absolute uproar among the vast majority of the world's population.
...Kitt truly was never the wisest in the world.
When it came right down to it, Kitt was still, and always will be a child. Even if he was now extraordinarily older than the record book's recorded "oldest living person." Which meant that he still had stars in his eyes and an innocently naive way about how he went about his life. One would think that living for so long would drive them to the brink of insanity, to an extent one might argue that Kitt appeared to be ignoring the fact that the ones he currently loves will perish whilst he lived. Not that it mattered, as Kitt has so far managed to be able to continue with his life. (One could get into arguing that for one to live, one must face the fact that life must end, but we shan't for simplicity's sake.)

The only issue with being a starry-eyed perma-child from medieval times in the modern era was the absolute fascination with the idea of fame and riches, and having a long time to practice the skills required to get to there. Kitt has seemingly mastered every language and instrument, in combination with the magical techniques he had learned from his time spent at the university, he had himself set. It didn't take too long in the modern era before he was "discovered."

Starting in the 1990's Kitt's crash-course in fame-ology had begun. Sky-rocketing to the top of the chart's, it seemed like he could play any instrument, preform any genre seemingly do anything. In addition with an adorable fennec fox face, he was the "Golden Child of Music". Of course his critics argued that his fame was simply from his supposed "young age", they would one day discover how wrong they were.

This brings us to where we are today, 20XX. Kitt is still at the top of the pop-hit charts, and has himself a nice, enormous cult following that doesn't seem to going anywhere. With more wealth than some great nations, and a seemingly never ending demand for him to make an appearance, life was grand...But how long could it last? How long could the magical little immortal fennec keep his secrets...secret? Would anybody find the notes that the old magic University kept on him? What would happen if he was discovered? Kitt preferred not to think of those 'little' problems and instead continue having as much fun as he could.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The concert lasted for several hours, and Kitt had enjoyed preforming for every moment of it. Shouting his usual thank you and waving before giving a wink and his signature peace sign salute before he left the stage and walked to the back stage. It didn't take long before security showed up and started forcing him through the crowd back to his hotel room to wind-down from the concert. Giggling as he sat in front of the mirror, fanning himself with...of course...hundred dollar bills. Looking into the mirror winking at the reflection of himself. "Ah...permanent youth...riches...millions of fans...This is the LIFE!" He laughed to himself before getting up suddenly and walking to the window, looking down at the large crowd of fans hoping to potentially see him after the show, paparazzi flashing their cameras when they saw him leaning over the hotel balcony. Smirking to himself as he fanned himself with the cash before throwing it down the furs bellow.
Last edited by Kitt on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psst! You! Yeah, you! You wanna draw me some free art of my fursona? ...No? Damn.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6763

I might be a tad all over the place during an RP - but I assure you, despite YOUR confusion...it all makes sense to me, and that's what truly matters.~

Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Re: Familiar Face (or) Golden Child of Music (PM FOR ENTRY)

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Mixed into the crowd was an unusual male. He was young and yelled like all the rest. His thick tail standing up behind him. A skunk. But his coloring was off. He was black yes. But where the white should be, he was a lavender color. His face lit up with a youthful optimism.

And then he got a look at his idol. He stared at him in awe. This skunk could see the magic about the youth. He could sense it and see it. There was magic at work. And it peeked his curiosity. Moving through the crowd was easy.

Getting into the hotel, not so easy. The skunk found the floor easily enough. But it was lined with security. How could he get close now? He dared not use his own tricks. Not yet at least.

Smirking he made for the opposite end of the hall. He had one way into that room that no one would catch. The plumbing. Findingnan empty hotel room he slid through the door. Using magic to trip the electronic locks.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya had been moody and depressed for the last week. Doctor visits, and Etienne being away conducting business with Osborne had taken their toll. When an arts student she had met a few months back approached her after Friday’s classes it actually caught her by surprise.

“Girl, you need to get out, you’ve been stressing way too much lately.” She told Freya. “And I know just the thing to clear those blues away.” She continued with a wide grin that had Freya a little worried.
“Oh, and what’s that?” Freya replied
“A Concert!” Her friend exclaimed as she held out a pair of tickets. “They claim the kid is a prodigy, not to mention he’s got some good music.” She said as she brandished the tickets like some sort of weapon for killing gloom.
“you’re not going to leave me alone about it if I decline are you?” Freya asked, already knowing the answer.
“You bet your ass I’m not” Her friend replied
Freya sighed “Alright, I’ll go.” She said as she shook her head

~~

Freya attended the concert with her friend, and enjoyed the company and the energy if nothing else. She was reflecting on the energy when it tripped her senses, the kid performing was using bardic magic. She looked closer at the child on the stage, and something about him tickled at her memory, she just wasn’t able to put a claw on it. It was after the show as she stood with her friend outside the hotel that everything fell into place and she remembered listening to the stories of a much older friend, Silannah. The painted dog had told her all about Kitt’s escapades at the university, and about the enchantments that kept the now fox in the body of a child forever. She told her friend that she was going to go into the lobby to use the bathroom, and headed into the hotel. Security did nothing to stop her as she closed in on Kitt’s hotel room, as she gave simple psychic commands and suggestions that allowed her to pass until she found herself standing outside Kitt’s hotel room door. She gave a firm enough knock on the door to ensure that it would be heard. “Kitt, you’ve got an old acquaintance that would like to catch up.” She called through the door in sweet tones, briefly wondering if he would recognize her voice as she did.

Kitt
Spy
Spy

Post by Kitt »

Kitt remained on the balcony, waving and blowing kisses to the crowd below. Giggling and posing for the shots that the paparazzi where taking, when suddenly his ears and tail twitched. He detected magic users, more importantly, he detected magic users close to his vicinity. Not giving anyone the impression anything was wrong, he blew one last kiss to the horde of fans below and walked into his room, shutting the balcony doors behind him and closing all the blinds.

With his privacy assured, he brought out a simple crystal ball and held it. Looking into it as he gave a whispering chant, he began scrying. Looking at where the two magic users who were approaching his location. The first one, an oddly coloured skunk, hidden in a nearby room, having dodged around his security and using their magic to sneak in a nearby room. The other, a dragoness that had a sliver of familiarity, waltzed right in, using psychic magic to simply walk past his guards. Rolling his eyes '...I need to hire better security...' he muttered to himself. He also thought to see about messing with the skunk a bit for sneaking around his hotel. Reaching through the scryed image, he was able to fling some objects around the skunk with relative ease. He snickered as he thought how the skunk might react, before he used a combination of bardic and psionic magics to cause a booming voice within the skunk's skull. "Who...are...you?" he asked the skunk.

As he toyed with the skunk through the image, he gasped and dropped the crystal ball out of shock when he heard a knocking at the door. Thankfully, his crystal ball was unharmed. (As it turns out, not buying cheap crystal, results in dropping no obliterating it). Listening to the voice, as his ears twitched. He then blinked, and using a spell of recalling, he gasped when he realized the one in the image, and at his door was Freya.

Moving swiftly, no longer interested in toying with the skunk, he opened the door. It was at this time, someone would finally get a good look at the small fennec's outfit. Having a reputation for pushing boundaries, and being rather...eccentric in his dress. This meeting between two extraordinarily old acquaintances would be involved with the small fennec wearing tight red and black jeans, a red women's tank top, mismatched high-top sneakers, one red and one black as well as a black skirt with an oversized red buckle. It should also be mentioned that he had several pounds of make up, with white face, making him resemble a Pierrot

Smiling up at the dragon as he wave. "Freya, it's been awhile, hasn't it?" He mused, looking over the dragon's body before giving a mischievous grin came across his face. "Damn, girl, the year's haven't been as kind to you as they have me!" he joked before beckoning the larger dragoness in.
Psst! You! Yeah, you! You wanna draw me some free art of my fursona? ...No? Damn.

I might be a tad all over the place during an RP - but I assure you, despite YOUR confusion...it all makes sense to me, and that's what truly matters.~

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The Skunk did jerk and turn at being touched. The voice however, got his undivided attention. He almost panicked, until he realized and sensed what was happening. Smirking he gave a small chuckled and placed his paws on the wall. 'Fun time...' he thought to himself. As he concentrated a little, he sensed another. A dragoness? She seemed to have an aura about her. Well now, this was going to get interesting.

The Skunk concentrated a little and spread his paws across the wall. Opening a simple dimensional warp tunnel. He stepped in and grinned at them. "Really now? The voice of god trick? That got me good!!!" He cackled softly as the portal closed behind him. Giving a polite bow to the dragoness he spoke. "And here I had thought I was the only survivor of the by gone age." He could sense her power, and how old it was roughly. The skunk also would have given off an aura and scent of his own. Demonic. Not scary evil demonic, but a creature born in the nether worlds.

As he stood there, he smiled softly. He did well to keep his true appearance hidden. Mostly because it frightened people. But Magic users.... He leaned on the wall and smiled, "So.... let me guess kid. You made a deal with a demon for fame and fortune and he jipped you by keeping you trapped as a child forever? What are you like 30 or 40 by now?" He asked.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya fought hard, but couldn’t keep from bursting into laughter when she saw Kitt up close. “You look even sillier in person than you did on stage.” She commented through her laughter. “Didn’t Sil teach you to properly dress yourself?” She joked. She stuck her tongue out at the little fox when he mentioned her aging. “I can get into bars.” She replied as she entered the room.

She started to say something more when a portal opened up in one of the room’s walls. She whipped her head around to look at the skunk, and arched an eyebrow. She knew what he was, if not specific breed, almost immediately. She’d spent enough time with another demon when she was young to recognize the signatures.

“Oh, I’m not the only one in this room that has survived bygone ages” She replied as she returned the skunk’s bow. “which realm are you from?” She asked.

Kitt
Spy
Spy

Post by Kitt »

Kitt returned the sticking out of the tongues. "It's called fashion, look it up!" He joked, closing the door behind Freya. "But if you're not going to be able to take me seriously..." He snapped his fingers, causing his outfit to instantly change. Now wearing an opaque, pure white night gown, he stretched and gave a gentle yawn. After changing he rushed and childishly hopped and belly flopped onto the enormous bed within the hotel penthouse suite. (He of course had to utilize a small ladder that he had put there earlier to do so.) The petite fennec's size only emphasized by how he was now sitting at the edge of a bed , his little paws dangling a significant distance from the ground.

"Ooohh, noooo. You got me there, nothing that I hate more than not being able to go into a smelly, over-crowded room with my own songs blaring at illogical levels!" He mocked, his arm overly dramatically covering his eyes before giggling once more. Looking up at Freya as she appeared to say something before noticing a portal open up in the hotel room of his wall.

Watching as the oddly coloured skunk he had been toying with earlier walked into his room through the portal. Immediately sensing the demonic aura around the new furson who had entered his room. "...I wasn't aware I was letting fans into my room all of a sudden...Good thing the blinds are shut, this would make a hell of a scandal..." He giggled quietly to himself before the skunk complimented his use of the 'voice of god.' Grinning with an oddly innocent smile, he stood up and took a bow. "Thank you, thank you...That spell has come in handy more than once, I can assure you~"

Kitt seemed to not give off much of an aura himself, it was masked to the point where it was essentially undetectable to a majority. Only those who had actually met him and knew of his nature would be able to detect it off of him. He listened and watched as Freya and the stranger bowed and commented on each other's age. When the stranger commented on what he apparently thought of Kitt made him giggle. "30...40...? Ehehe, try...100 times either of those! ...or maybe 1000 times...? ...I've, uhhh...lost track at this point." He kicked his paws and looked up at the duo, a look that Freya may have remembered from those many, many years ago. With his head tilted and an innocent looking smile on his face. "And no, I wasn't the one who did this...and I don't feel like spelling out my life's story to a stranger."

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The demon laughed softly. His tail raising and lowering a bit. He leaned on the wall. His eyes watching this forever child. He was deeply interested in this kind of magic. "Ah well... This is more my hobby than my profession. Oh and Miss... My home realm is here. Me old man is from Drasden realm of Inferno. Neighbors the Tamiko realm. But them folks are crazy. Bunch of felines run their ship so weird... and then the incident with that wolfess. and they tried to blame my home realm. Eh not that it matters. That's done. My father and I live here now. Our realm burned with a bunch others."

He seemed rather jovial for a demon with no home realm. He pulled his thick tail around in front of him and began grooming it slowly. "I was real interested when I noticed that magical aura around the one there. Amazing what a demon can sniff out eh? Besides I got myself a neat trick for finding magic users. He wasn't too hard to track down. And I love talking to anyone that uses magic in this day and age. I'm still a young kid as far as my dad is concerned.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya rolled her eyes at Kitt's description of a bar. "And there's the proof you've never been in a bar." She replied before returning her attention to the skunk. "My condolences for the loss of your home realm. I know Tamiko realm, never got to visit Drasden." She grinned "sounds like a useful trick." She told him when he explained having a trick for finding magic users. "Most of us who use magic in this day and age don't want to be found, and those who don't care about being found typically have enough power to back up their confidence." She said with a chuckle. As far as whatever enchantment is on Kitt, well it's been kind of an ongoing mystery for a very long time. Most of it is easy to discern, but there are parts of it so finely wound into his being as to almost seem a natural part of him." She eventually shrugged then turned her attention back to Kitt. "So, what have you been up to all this time....aside from ignoring any lessons Sil may have given you in how to dress yourself." She asked

Kitt
Spy
Spy

Post by Kitt »

Kitt stuck out his tongue at Freya, commenting on how he had never been in a bar.
"You honestly think a kid would go from the medieval age to the modern age without visiting bar? Hah! I've visited plenty, and the only difference throughout the ages is the name of the poison."
He stretched and kicked his paws a bit as he leaned over the edge of the gigantic bed. His ear twitched whilst listening to the demon talk about his lack of a home realm, he didn't know much about demons, part of him now slightly regretting not taking that demonology course.
"Realms and demon talk...you'd think after writing a song based on it, i'd know a bit more on the subject."
Shrugging, the petite fennec layed on his back on the couch, paws hanging over the edge.
"Meh, not like i'm the only celebrity to talk...er sing about something they don't anything about."

Kitt then moved himself up further on the bed, stretching out a bit.
"Being seen as younger than what you actually are? Oh, no, I would never know what that'd be like."
He giggled before looking down at his outfit and frowning.
"Hmmm...Maybe not this just yet, somehow I get the feeling it'll be awhile before I actually head to sleep..."
Snapping his digits, changing from a white night gown into a similar outfit as earlier. Black/red hightops, navy-blue jeans, black mini-skirt and brown top with a black and red tie.
"That seems suitable...for now."
The fennec appeared to frequently change clothing, as some might have noticed whilst he was on stage.

Kitt's ears wiggled when they heard Freya comment on how he was dressing himself.
"I-I know how to dress myself! I just...find magic more convenient is all..."
Kitt reacted defensively, with a hint of a flustered blush across his face.
"A-anyway, I would have to write an encyclopedia to tell you everything I've done...the tail end of that story is what you both paid cash to see tonight!~"

Kitt moved to the side of the bed, looking to simply slip down he found he couldn't do it so easily as he thought. Moving very carefully as he tried to simply slide down the edge of the bed.
It took some effort, and certainly wasn't graceful but he finally made it to the floor.
"B-ut, enough about me...what about you and King 'Git-Outta-Mai-Country'?"

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The skunk listened in. Soaking it up and paying particular attention when the fox changed his clothing magically. Spells of any kind were of interest. and learning how they worked was the more important bit. This one was a form of glamor spell. Changing ones appearance to suit ones needs or desires. And the skunk had to admkt it was entertaining to see it done like that.

His red eyes glanced at Freya when she was spoken to. Which king was this in reference too? There had been many of the various countries across the ages. They were not so important in the long run. Time would always forget them. "Oh? You knew one of the kings of this world?"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"King Gavin Windsor." Freya said in reply to the skunk's question of which king. "I knew those in his line that followed him as well." She returned her attention to Kitt. "Hey, it was leave the country or be hung....personally I'd say getting out of the country is the preferable course." She sighed. "Gavin and I had some good times...couple of kids, but eventually his life reached it's inevitable conclusion. That was a long time ago. I Spent some time after that still serving the royal family. Eventually I traveled with the ETC, made a few sound business investments, gathered artifacts." She shrugged "Now Ipm a history professor at a university." She chuckled at the thought, then turned her attention back to the skunk. "So, what do you do?" She asked him with some curiosity.

Kitt
Spy
Spy

Post by Kitt »

Kitt was evidently still bitter about having been thrown out of his home country, despite it being so many years ago. Despite him being the one to have brought the subject of the old king, he still seemed a tad out of sorts as the conversation continued about the king. For the next little while his words would be most likely spoken with more venom than he would intend.
"The preferable course would have been King Dingus letting me stay in my own home country."
Kitt huffed as he clenched his paws a bit, moving away from Freya and the skunk to look in his vanity mirror, grumbling a bit still under his breath.

He listened as Freya spoke of what she had been doing, his ears twitching now and again as he continued to dwell on the past. One could almost see the clouds above his head as he grumbled and neurotically adjusted his hair and appearance in the vanity mirror. It didn't take long before some more snaps could be heard, this time he was frantically adjusting his hair rather than his clothes. One could easily lose track of how many snaps Kitt made before moving his attention to his makeup. Once again, Snap, snap, snap. He was now not really paying much attention to the others in his room, too focused on how his reflection looked.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

"Me? um... nothing actually. My father owns a restaurant in Gawain. I.... don't really have any skills. I spent most of my life just watching the world go by. Went to Academy in Drasden realm. learned a few different languages. Mostly I just take odd jobs from the Infernal or Paradisian realms. Lord Arch Angel Amadeas had me fielding supplies to some of his kin up north until last month."

He shrugged, "I handle odd jobs when I can. I don't like to stay in one spot for too long. I go home long enough to see my father, spend some time with him. Then I'm off again. I am only here because I was in the area and managed to snag a ticket."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya shrugged at Kitt's bitterness. "you know that is a long time to hold a grudge against someone who is dead." She asserted "besides if you hadn't left the country, you never would have learned the magic you now rely so heavily upon." She pointed this out in cheerful tones. before she returned her attention to the skunk. "woah wait...did you say Arch Angel Amadeas?" She asked "I don't remember him having that particular title last time we talked...unless it's not the same Amadeas.

She tried to pay attention to what the skunk was saying since Kitt now seemed to be ignoring them. After a few moments though, the neurotic snapping of fingers started to get to her. She reached out with a tendril of telekinetic power and spun Kitt to face her. "would you please stop that?" She asked. "what's with the obsession with appearances anyway?" She asked.