Demon's Home (Domus)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Demon's Home (Domus)

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

The vixen was lounging in the confines of her home. Looking out a large picture window. The forests surrounding her home were delightfully lush. And harbored many many graves. She smiled as a black tendril extended from her tail bringing her a glass of red wine. Sipping it she purred. Almost laughing at the fact that after over 1500 years she was still doing what she did. Knights, Paladins, Priests, Exorcists, Demon Hunters, even other Demons had come to claim her life. And yet she still endured.

The woman stood and moved to a mirror. "Master..." She whispered. The mirror fogged and a veiled image of a towering demon appeared. "Yes, Andriana." It whispered back. She smiled. Her black fangs still glistening with some wine on them. "Are you well master?" "I am well. Your service to me has greatly increased my power. And I delight in watching the games you play with your victims...." The voice was cold, blood curdling. "Was my most recent capture to your liking?" The demon laughed in the mirror. "Oh yes. A half angel no less. Your talents of deception amaze me." She bowed. "All for you my beloved Master." The image flickered a bit. "Soon my dear, we shall have a realm of our own. And you shall rule as my queen." Those words sent a shiver of delight up her spine.

Unbeknownst to the vixen, the half angel she had slaughtered had kin. And they, though few in number had sent a plea for help. Calling on the only other beings they knew that could handle this threat. The modern Demon Hunters. And so they ventured out to other lands. To Maze, To Gawain, To the Arctic and to Edwin. To All nations in search of help, as Domus had provided them none that could prove useful or powerful, until one came across a small apartment in Edwin. This half angel could sense inside was a powerful woman. Knocking gently he waited. Ishimi opened the door slowly. her eyes still held a pale glow. She stood there a moment, before speaking, "Can I help you?" The half angel took a moment to think, before simply handing her a marked letter and leaving. Ishimi opened the letter. It was old angelic script. A kind she could not read. After a bit she caught herself rolling her wedding band around her finger. "Morrissey... sweety come here..." The woman could no longer use magic to hid her wings and horns. But that mattered little now. She was due in four months. Her tummy showing roundness as she walked toward him. "Morrissey. I think we need to call Mom and Dad..." she set the letter before him. Her face showed worry. She reached to her amulet. Instinctively tapping on it as she did when she felt she needed her magics.

In Domus, a small funeral service was being held. A few Angels and Half angels stood around a small grave. The life lost was hard to take. The halo being lost with it was worse. No chance to be revived or resurrected in a new life. No chance for even final parting words now. The family of the fallen one lay flowers and gifts on the coffin as it was lowered into the dirt. They sat softly, watching as the dirt was slowly shoveled in, holding with their own ancient traditions. The casket was empty of course. The remains that were recovered were being held safe in a local morgue. The body was tattered, as if a massive wild beast had torn it apart. But even a half angel would have been able to fend off almost any wild animal. This was no accident, and they knew it.

The Coroner, a half demon himself, had seen this before. Many hundreds of years ago. And he knew what had caused this. But fear kept him silent. However it did not stop him from making notes. Notes on his experiences in the past. And how they seemed so similar to now. The only difference being, this was the first he had heard of the monster of the forest taking an angel of any kind.....
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Re: Demon's Home (Domus)

Post by Rackenhammer »

It was sometimes still a surprise for Morrissey to wake up and realize that he was a husband, and soon to be a father. What was that beautiful creature doing, sleeping next to him? The tigress was never short an answer to this question, it had to be said.

That pleasant realization taken care of, the day would begin. Either one or the other would have a commission to fill, or a design to work on. It was freelance work still at present, but the lynx wanted to have some kind of steady income ready for when his cub would arrive. For now, though, the work was piecemeal, and often involved working on things that only one who straddled the mortal and immortal worlds could know about or work properly. And among these were tools, supplies, and weapons for those who Hunted in the Shadows.

Hence, it wasn't too unusual for mysterious messengers to show up at the bungalow door, though it was pretty rare for them to come first. Morrissey had been working at his computer bench today; going over schematic models for one of his more mundane commissions when Ishimi called him over. "What is it, hon?" He got to his feet, twirling a pencil idly in his paw as he looked over the letter. He could no more read it than his wife, and his translator program was still a little too buggy to work for Paradisan script.

"You're right, though it's odd he would have come to us first. Somehow, I don't think this is a tech commission..."

~***~

If there was anything truly odd in being married to his brother's wife's mother, Vaughan had ceased to feel it by now. After all, to live between two worlds was to welcome some amount of weirdness into one's life, and the Montblancs' connection to the Tamikos was by far one of the more pleasant manifestations of that.

Like his adopted brother, the Red Wolf worked on commission, though in a more dangerous trade. He was at the 'office' today, which was in reality the flat he shared with Catalina while they worked on getting their cottage in the country built. Getting ready to raise a cub themselves, it was probably wise to get out of the crowded boroughs of York into a place where they could be a little freer to their true selves. To do that required work, and for now, Vaughan was on the job.

Hence it was he that fielded the call. "Hello? Oh, hey Morrissey. Really? I think so, let me check." Covering the speaker, he called out, "Cat? Can you read Paradisan? Morrissey and Ishimi just got a letter in that language."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima was one of the half angels standing around the grave site in Domus as an empty coffin was lowered into the grave. The unfortunate deceased was one of her mother's friends, and she had accompanied her mother for emotional support. She had listened as everyone had gathered and some of the other less grief stricken attendees had talked a little about the circumstances of the death.

After the service was over, she left her mother with the more immediate family and friends. She found one of the others who had been talking before about the circumstances of the death, and the condition of the actual remains. After a few questions, she decided to pay the coroner a visit. The whole situation struck her as suspect, and she wanted to know the truth, if for no other reason than to offer some closure to her mother, the half angel's family and the others who had been close to the deceased. There was also a matter of the lost halo. She didn't know that messengers had already been sent to gather investigators, and it would have made little difference.

She stepped into the coroner's office. "Hello...I'd like a moment of your time to discuss some questions if it's not too much to ask." She said as she walked in.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Cat poked her head out of the kitchen. Having been snacking again. "Yes. Rather easily. Amadeas taught me ages ago." She came to the phone and rubs Vaughan's shoulders. "I can understand most of the dialects. Except for Yamanese Dialect paradisian." Ishimi was hugging morrisey herself. She kept quiet as she just held him close and enjoyed the feel of his warmth so close.

~~~

The coroner looked up from his reports and smiled. "Oh? Well i most certainly will try. What may i assist you with dear?" He asked kindly. His face was soft and aged. His speech quiet as he leaned on his desk. Looking at her he could tell these werent going to be the usual questions.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

As much as Morrissey enjoyed Ishimi's affection, he had an inner feeling that he probably shouldn't delay too long in it. "Mm.... alright then, love, could you open a small portal to send it over?" Minor transport spells were nothing too major, and it beat having to hand-deliver the letter, or attempt to scan and send. The languages of immortals sometimes had a tendency not to respond to digitizing well.

~

Over on the other side, Vaughan murred slightly as Catalina rubbed his shoulders, only glancing at the table when he saw the portal open, sending the letter through. Cat had taught him a little of her own language, and he knew a few basic phrases in Paradisian. Not enough to decipher the letter, but he could pick out the words 'death', 'demon', and 'help.'

"Looks like we've got a job, hon."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima offered a friendly smile. "Where to start..." She muttered. "Ah, lets start with getting rid of any pretenses. We both know neither of us is what we would have the rest of the world see us as." She commented. "That said, I'm sure you know your most recent project had angelic blood. What I'd like to know is what you really think of the circumstances of that particular victim. I can't think of any natural beasts on Feila that would be able to do what it is said was done." She shrugged. "So, as a coroner, I would like your honest opinion of what happened and the cause, please." She finished with a slightly pleading look as she found an empty examination table to lean against.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Cat picked up the letter and read over it. After a moment she nodded. "You get the bags. I call Amadeas. Its not his jurisdiction but he shoukd get us clearance easily enough. Seems there is a demon is Domus. An old one that is capable of ripping a half angel to ribbons without any resistance what so ever... and doesnt leave any magical traces behind..."

The coronor removed his glasses and stood. Motioning her to follow he moved to a backroom. Opening a freezer locker he slid the tray out. The body was torn apart. And drained of blood. Vital organs removed and worse still was a set kf symbols carved into the bones of the pelvis. "This isnt the first time i have seen this. There have been many over the ages. Usually passed kff as wild beasts. Mortals tend not to know what they are looking at. However i can and do see several things no animal can do... firstly... no tearing. Thjs was clea cut snd nkt by blade. Second. Tbe markings. Ancient ones. But i dont know what they mean. Third is this...." he motioned to the head. "Halo removed. Mortals cant see them. So no mortal bejng or creature did thjs. Its a demon. An old one..." he poi ted at a table. "My notes. Feel free to read them but please dont take any. I can mske copies for you and translate the infernal texts kf you need me too."

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Vaughan's jaw solidified as he heard the translation. Yes, it was Hunter's job this time, and a nasty one. Ancient darknesses the likes of which he had never encountered in the early days, when he stalked the nighttime streets of York in search of shadows to hunt... or help. "Sure thing; we'll need all the help we can get. Hopefully the locals will be willing to talk to us; I'm not sure what to think of them going to Morrissey first." The old protective instinct had been triggered, and it had not been dampened by the fact that his younger brother was married. If anything, it was enhanced by Ishimi's recent pregnancy.

*Best to keep him out of this, if possible.* Fortunately, the lynx had already given the wolf the latest tools in the business. The lovechildren of technology and magic, essential to the modern Hunter. He had them practically pre-packed and ready to go, but he still felt like one facing a dragon with a toothbrush. It was only since he'd met Catalina that Vaughan had firsthand experience of what real infernal power looked like. The only good thing about this was that, as powerful was the foe, he had friends as powerful now.

"All ready to go, now."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima followed the coroner into the back room. She wasn't medically trained, but she had seen her fair share of bodies over time. She carefully looked over the carnage that had once been a person. The symbols were the first thing that made it obvious it wasn't the work of some beast. "clean cut, but not a blade..." SHe mused on that idea while she continued to listen to what the coroner had found. She had heard about the loss of the halo, and it was a little strange seeing it for herself. She looked closely, wondering if there was anything left behind that would give a clue as to how it was taken....perhaps the marks carved into the pelvis had something to do with it. She looked up as the coroner offered his notes. "Thank you very much." She replied. "copies and translations would be wonderful if it's not too much trouble." She said with a smile as she took a seat to look through the notes and see what she could learn.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina was already at a mirror. She pressed her paws against it and nodded to Vaughan. She reached out. It wasnt a moment later her reflection changed to Amadeas. "Well i assume this isnt a social call." He was holding a measuring tape in his paws with a pen behind his ear. "No. We need clearance to work in Domus. What can you get us?"

Amadeas looked away and picked up a book. Flipping through he spoke softly. "Domus... Domus.... looks like the arch angel there isnt under Tellissa. I will see what i can do. Call you back soon."

The coronor nodded and went to fetch paper. While he was gone the reflective surface of another locker door rippled. "Dima... dima its amadeas." His voice barely a whisper. The surface rippled again. This time the voice was clear. "Dima. Its amadeas. You there?"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard Amadeas in the room with her. "Gods I don't think I'll ever get used to some of this stuff." She muttered with a hand held to her chest as she got up and made her way over to the door Amadeas was using. "I'm still not used to being able to be tracked so easily." She commented with a soft chuckle. "What's up?" She asked. "You don't normally call me when we're not in the same country unless it's business." She continued as she leaned against the door, and kept an eye on the door the coroner had used.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

While Catalina was talking with Amadeas, Vaughan was making a few more calls on his own. First was to arrange transport to Domus, which was no easy task, as much of their equipment would not go easily through airport security. Between Cat's illusions and hormones, and the hacking devices of Morrissey, they could get through easily enough, but a discrete private flight would save a lot of hassle. Direct teleportation was an option as well, but... that kind of magic could tip their hand too early to the enemy.

Second was to see which of the pair of Conrad and Zephyre were on twin-watching duty, to pick up one for the mission. It seemed Conrad was, so it was the vampiress that would be joining them in Domus. "It's... been a while since I've been back." The three-tailed vixen said, before hanging up to pack. "I haven't been to Domus since you two... well, since we first met. We're not in the same stretch of country where my home used to be, right?"

"No, don't worry about that. Even vampire lords would stay away from a demon-haunted forest."

"Right, and now we're going there. Brilliant." With the return of her spark of humor, she hung up, readying her own, more mystical accoutrements...

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Amadeas spoke softly now. "I need you to get in touch with the regimental commander of Domus. Its outsode my jurisdiction so i cant find him. Big doberman. Name of Erik LeQue. You will know him when you see him. Hes git one red eye and one blue eye. Tell him i need clearance for some friends of mine. They want clearance to combat a demon in his jurisdiction."

Catalina was pacing the bathroom waiting for a reply. She was also nibbling on carrots like mad. Her hunger stemming from both need to eat and worry eating. "Vaughan... please bring me some ice cream... and a box of cereal."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima paused for a moment as she thought, though she still kept an eye out for the returning coroner. "I think he was at the funeral." She replied to Amadeas. "Only problem is I left that already, and I'm not sure where he went after." She paused, thinking again. "I suppose I can try to reach him...whether or not he'll answer if I can is another matter." She mused. She went silent then, trying to track the doberman's energy, then establish contact with him.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

"Alright, hun." Vaughan called back from the pantry. "Just don't let anxiety eat you, alright?" The humor in the wolf's voice belied an inner anxiety in himself as well. Catalina's recent cravings rather indicated that he would soon be expecting a child of his own, as well as a niece. While that was neither unexpected, nor unwelcome, it was a cause for worry given what they would both soon be getting into.

He prepared the dish by scooping the ice cream onto a bed of cereal; in this case mint chocolate chip on shredded wheat. Vaughan brought the rest of the box up as well, knowing what sort of appetite his tigress wife could have. "Here you go; any more word on what we can expect?" He was not just interested in recent news, but old rumors as well. After all, Cat had been around for a long time. Perhaps there was something like this in the past, indicating a particular culprit...