No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (CLOSED)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Re: No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (OPEN)

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

In the distance, a loud bang rang out. Then another. Then another. Finally after two more, it grew silent. The sounds were coming from the industrial district. It was quiet for a full ten minutes before automatic gunfire broke out. It sounded like at least two or three guns firing at once.

In the near empty warehouse that had once been the mechanic garage for Catalina Tamiko, the large hybrid stood. Covering hte front of the warehouse was what was left of over three dozen of these... things. her eyes flashed back and forth, searching for another target. She was near crazed with madness. having not seen another actual furson in a few days, she was not sure if anyone else was left. She had managed to make sure her family made to her home realm. But the virus had gotten to her.

She had been a succubus. A force to be feared. but this virus had infected her. Rather that doing to her what it had done to the others, it had stolen her magic. Leaving her with her wits and her weapons. Most of which were useless against these things as they were not magical creatures. But she had survived both world wars. nothing like this was going to end her. And she was going to make certain that this was not going to be her final stand. She was reloading when some movement at the entrance caught her eye. Another one. Her paw flicked and flung a blade from her belt. Hitting the thing in th head, she watched it fall. She was short of food at the moment. Ammo she had. various weapons. All large caliber. Big guns for a big woman. Over seven foot tall, her wings stood out like a flag in the breeze as she moved to her locker. Taking her Barreta and her twin Uzi pistols she made sure to pack as much ammo as she could in her bag.

As she slung the bag over her shoulder, she picked up the rifle. She looked at the locker. She had several other guns, but their ammo was low and their rate of fire was too high. "damn it..." She headed out, hoping to find a gas station or something with some food she could get. Walking toward the main part of town, she was careful to try to be quiet. She saw one of those things sometimes. But she tried to remain unseen. So far, so good. Until she picked up the smell of something different. SOmething.... alive. She was afraid. Survivors of things like these often tended to be worse that the monsters. And without her powers it might get tough. She checked her rifle and slung it over her shoulder. Drawing both smg pistols she began moving more slowly, listening and smelling for them.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Sponsor

CloudTF458
Rogue
Rogue
Species: Fox

Post by CloudTF458 »

"The lantern's electric? That's quite a relief. I'll carry it, like before, then." Cloud said, holding the lantern with one of his paws, of course, after he had placed the extra clips in his pocket. He was filled with joy, it may be electric, but at least it meant it was going to last quite a while to illuminate their path.

Then, Ila continued to talk. "Right...I didn't think about that. There's no signal, I can't call anyone with my cellphone." He added, their situation seemed worse and worse with each thing they realized.

He sat down, crossing his legs in disbelief , not only they didn't know exactly how dangerous, but without signal, or any way to communicate, they weren't going to know any time soon, for now, a safer place was their best bet. "A safer place? I think I know one..." He began, looking over at the window of the gym. "It should be close by, just by the cafeteria's left side. It's a hotel, which is where I was. It...Has a few of those things, but I'm sure we can handle them, right?" He finished, he didn't know much about the city, so any other locations were unknown to him, of course, that didn't help his mood, but it provided a slight relief.

Just then, gunshots were loud enough to be heard by the group in the Community Centre. Cloud yelped, slightly leaning forward, as if to avoid a stray bullet, but once he figured out they were far away, he leaned up-right once again, he was scared, but his instinct made him smile a bit, now they knew they weren't the only ones in the town left alive.

He remained quiet, looking at the two of them. He might be slightly happy because of the gunshots, but who knew if they were bandits? Last thing they need is to be attacked by non-dead furries. He couldn't plan much, after all, Ila was the one who knew the place. He knew his hotel was safe, or at least it was when he left five hours ago. What didn't seem to come to his mind, is what happened to it while he was gone, it could have been overrun by the monsters, or worse, overrun by bandits. Whatever happened, it might not be as safe as he thought.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Brook took the coat and put it on. "Thanks." He said, grateful for the warmth and protection from the rain.

He slipped the letter opener back into his pocket. Right now, the hockey stick would serve as a better weapon. He held it with his life, hoping that it would be all he needed for the time being. The fox walked over to an empty area so that he didn't hit anyone, and started taking practice swings. Brook was no newcomer to sports and he was able to transfer his skills with a bat to the hockey stick. Afterall, he'd have to swing it differently than how it was used to play.

Brook returned to the group. "We best be getting out of here."

Then, all of a sudden, there was the sound of gun shots. He jumped at the noise, which had travelled straight through the windows. Someone was outside! And they had a gun! Immediately, he started for the exit.

"There's a door leading to the outside from here." He said, voice edgy. "There's a warehouse right next to the community centre. It sounds like it's coming from there... Ila, let's change plans and use the gym exit."

Brook opened the door, making his way outside. The rain poured down in torrents.

"Just great." He moaned, frustrated with the weather.

He pushed on, looking around. At first, he didn't see anyone.
CloudTF458
Rogue
Rogue

Post by CloudTF458 »

Cloud stood up as soon as Brook began to panic, walkign over behind him. "Right, let's find somewhere safe. Ila, let's go." Cloud said as he raised his lantern, sighing as he walked out of the building, the rain dropping on him like a shower, just that this one wasn't going to stop soon.

He shivered, without his coat, his fur got wet, his hands and legs shook as he softly panted due to the cold, for their safety, he shut off the lantern, he didn't want either of his new-found friends to be found because of him.

He stood alongside Brook, just a little behind him, his arms around his body in a failed attempt to keep himself warm, he couldn't stay out for long, his fur may protect him, but not by much. "L-Lets find s-somewhere warm..." He softly moaned, shivering further.

He looked around, it was dark, and even with the lantern, it couldn't shine so far. He looked up, the street lamps giving the road a bit of light, not much, but still enough to at least notice the street lamp's light from afar. It wasn't useful, but in case he got lost, he could use them to guide himself to the gym, or somewhere else.
Rosaris
Duke
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur

Post by Rosaris »

"C'mon... we gotta keep moving in order to not get caught by the darkness, I can see lights up ahead I think" she said as she motioned to the dim glow in the distance of the street, giving a kind smile to the two of them as she listened closely to the city sounds... it sounded like groups of survivors were around, either as bandits, or by trustworthy survivors, as she could hear shots being rang off by various groups in the distance all over the city... and even a few vehicles as well.

Things were looking somewhat better, but at the same time, worse and a bit painful for the three of them as they didn't know who they could trust at this point. She tripped over something in the street and went face-first into the pavement, yelping out loudly as she busted her muzzle on the hard and wet ground. "SONOFA-" she seethed out through her teeth, the iron scent of blood filling the air through the scent of rain... hopefully it wouldn't attract those things as she sat back up and looked at what she tripped over.

"Of all the things I trip over in an apocalypse, I trip over a body..." she jokingly stated, before noticing that it was a kid that had some sort of goggles on his head... she hated to loot from the dead but... they looked to be of some sort of use. She reached down and took off the goggles, looking them over before flicking the switch on the back of them, activating the LEDs on the side of them to shine like a headlamp. "Kay, got a new toy, lets keep moving~" she said with a laugh, trying not to sound utterly disgusted by what she just did... she was not having fun in this situation one bit. Not one bit at all...
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina rounded a corner and fund herself staring down at h back of a new furs. She stood very still. We're these safe or dangerous? Her wings shifted, rustling the feathers. She brought her guns up quickly. "D... Don't move. I don wanna hurt you..." She backed up a step. Her eyes wide in terror. We was huge herself. And yet she was scared.

"D..don't move.. I don't. I.. I don't..." Her eyes watered softly. "Please don't make me... I don't wanna hurt you..."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

CloudTF458
Rogue
Rogue

Post by CloudTF458 »

Cloud nodded and walked behind Ila, gripping his handgun as the gunshots echoed, if anything, he wasn't going to die due to a stray bullet. Yet, his mind quickly shifted as soon as he heard a THUD.

He looked down, gasping as soon as he noticed Ila down. "Ila! Are you alright?" He asked, leaning over and offering his hand to help her up. What could have she tripped on?

It didn't take long for him to figure it out. As soon as he looked at the corpse, he took a few steps back, his heart racing at the dead body of a former alive furry. He stared at it's white eyes, before lookign back at Ila, gritting his teeth at her wound. "This isn't time for jokes." He replied to Ila's attempt to joke, slightly annoying him. While he was one for laughs, the situation didn't call for one.

Before he could ask her anything, his body froze as soon as he heard a voice, not Ila, nor Brook's, someone else's. 'What the--' He thought, only to be knocked out of his thoughts as soon as he heard the 'click' of an armed gun. "Whoa, Whoa! We're alive!" He replied, due to the darkness, he couldn't get a clear look at the one who was threatening them, but from the sounds, he could notice it was behind them. Hopefully, their attacker wouldn't panic, or else...
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

There was the sound of a click. Brook froze. He knew that sound. It was the sound of a gun. He raised his arms, dropping the hockey stick. It made a harsh thud when it hit the ground. The fox slowly turned around.

"I'm not armed." He said, afraid.

Brook tried to hide his fear, but he did not know if he succeeded. In front of him was an extremely tall woman. She had large wings and looked as if she were afraid herself. In her hands there was a gun and that gun was trained on them. For a moment, his thoughts froze, unable to do or think anything.

Listening to her voice, he realized that she had not contracted the virus. She sounded desperate and frightened, while the zombies were just mindless creatures. That meant that she was on their side.

"It's okay." Brook said, voice shaky. "We're not going to hurt you. We're survivors ourselves..." He gulped, unsure of what to say to her. "My name is Brook... My arm was hurt in a car accident. My wound was not made by a zombie. I'm not infected." Well, that was definitely important information. "We heard the sound of gunshots and just came from the community centre. Cloud and I were on the way to the mall to get food and supplies, and went through the centre for protection. Ila here, we met her in the centre.

"It's fine. We're not enemies." Hopefully, she would understand that. Brook didn't want to get shot.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina slowly lowered her gusn. her head tilted forward, facing down. "W... Why is this happening?" She stood there for a moment, her hands shaking. "You should... kill me. I could become one of them. I could.... I could turn into that... I am infected. My kind dont have immunity. IT stole my magic, and i can feel it in my body." She looked up. A wall light overhead kicked on softly. Revealing her for what she was. Her horns curled behind her ears, coming back forward to her cheeks. They looked like Ram horns. Small wings came up from their base. fluttering just over her head in the breeze.

Her large wings on her back shifted in the wind rustling gently. "most of my friends escaped to our own realm. But I had to hold the portal open for them. One of those things got to me before I could get through. So I closed it. I cant... I can still hear my daughter screaming for me...." Tears ran down her face as she stood there. Then the sounds of feet. dozens of shoes and bare feet on the pavement. She tensed. Moving with purpose she got between the three and the sudden group of zombies. "no more of this madness..."

She holstered her pisotls. The Uzi machine pistols on her sides now she reached behind her back and gripped a hilt. pulling out a sword that was nearly as long as her own tail. A full four feet. dropping her bag she spoke. "If I fall use the guns in that bag to kill everything that moves. Most of them are large caliber. You have to hold them with both hands. The kick will knock you down if you dont hold them right. Now let me handle this."

Catalina rand forward. her sword flashed, as did her claws. screams, roars, and metal on pavement was the resounded noise. The woman was experienced in close combat with melee weapons. She seemed almost to dance between her opponents as she swung and swiped at them. Her tail even acting as a weapon. Snatching on up and using it like a club. IT took her a full three minutes, but she dispatched them. In the aftermath she was standing there, panting softly as she looked at what she had done. "Another war.... 2000 years and I still have to fight. This madness..... its making my stomach ill." She wiped her claws off on her shirt before tears it off. Underneath was heavy duty combat gear. Tactical vest, urban combat knives, several small guns. She was a walking armory. using the torn shirt to clean her sword she sheathed it. Then she turned to the group. "How old are you three? Adults by mortal standards yet? Or are you like me? Just robbed of magic by this plague." Her accent was old. The look in her eye was not terror anymore. This woman was used to killing monsters. She might have issues killing unarmed beings like them. But when it came to monsters, she was an old pro.

Her paw flicked and a blade whizzed pat them, only to be caught by what looked like an arctic wolf with wings as well. "Catalina...." It said. "Amadeas." She said in return. He walked to her and held out the knife. She took it and sheathed it on her hip again. "Still picking up kids I see?" She punched his shoulder. "They aren't children. Children couldnt survive a moment in this kind of place." "They are kids to ones like us. Guess it took your magic too eh?" She nodded. "Its as well. We can at least rely on our skills with blade and gun. Speaking of, I was heading over to the grocery store. Getting hungry. and jerky is getting old." She nodded. Looking at the three she sighed. Coming to them she picked up her bag and opened it. Taking out three smaller pistols. "Here. 50 Caliber. Its small. You can use these. I have extra clips for you when you need. Save your ammo and let me and Amadeas handle these. If we fall, put one in our heads. Until then, just make sure to stay close and keep quiet. Where ever you are going. you are not going to make it without some help. So let us protect you." She seemed to shake still. but she was at least not crying anymore. The wetness on her cheeks gave it away that she had been. As she passed them the guns she shouldered her back. "Amadeas, how is your ammo?" "ten clips of the 10mm, five armor piercing, five soft slugs. Got my SPAS-12 with slugs and enough to last a day or two if needed. I got a pack of MREs and water. as well I have several small weapons and my own sword." She nodded.

"Agreal?" She whispered. "Tamiko realm. Devina opened the portal. She was gonna come looking for you. I kicked her ass back in with my fox and then shut the portal. Made sure to seal the realm. news indicated the whole city had gone to pot before it went out. Internet is still up at least. But no posts. they may have just locked our country out of it. We best be finding a safe place. I got bit on my way. So my magic is gone." She nodded. Reaching over his head she thumped something. It resonated and glowed a moment. "Least you still got that thing on you." he chuckled. "Yea. I still got my halo. come on, lets get them some food. They look starved."

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Brook was stunned. He had no idea what was happening. First, there was this strange woman, then a group of zombies, who were immediately killed. After that, there was the appearance of another strange person. The fox shook his head, trying to regain his senses. Horns? Wings? Demons...? Portals even? What the hell was going on?!

The woman offered them guns, which she appeared to have a lot of. Brook stared at the weapons, feeling shocked and numb at the same time. He held onto his hockey stick for dear life, then placed it on the ground so that he could get one of the guns. There was a holster and belt. He put it around his waist and slipped the gun inside the holster. Then he picked his hockey stick back up, not wanting to part with it.

"I think I can do with both." He said, voice distant. "Where... where did you come from?" He asked them, eyes wide.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima had been in town to meet a friend on the day the whole mess started. Luckily, she hoped, her friend hadn't been able to meet her on that fateful day. when everything had broken down, and order ceased to be, she had made her way to a local sporting goods store to arm and supply herself. Guns, ammunition, supplies; she stuffed them all into a large hiker's backpack, ready to go. She had been treating the place as a sort of stronghold until she'd started hearing gunfire. Until this point she hadn't seen any of those infected ones use a firearm so she took the gunfire to mean others had survived without being infected. She had then grabbed the backpack and headed out into the environment beyond.

Luckily she was quite good at sneaking, and she made it to the source of the gunfire unmolested. She couldn't say the same as she watched one of the group she approached dispatch a large group of the infected. She stayed in the shadows as she watched, pupils dilated wide to let in enough light for her to make out the scene in front of her. Once it seemed everything had wrapped up and the group was getting ready to move out, she stepped out of the shadows. "Hello fellow....uninfec....survivors." She said with a hint of an arctic accent as she approached, keeping her hands away from her weapons.
CloudTF458
Rogue
Rogue

Post by CloudTF458 »

Cloud lowered his arm as soon as he watched the fellow survivors dispatch the infected/walkers/zombies/brainchewers/bonechewers/deadguys or whatever they were. Sighing in relief as he held his handgun tightly, there was no way he would ditch it. He looked at Catalina for a second, she was infected, she should kill her, but something, maybe his morals, told him not to, that, and his fear of actually killing someone else.

Just then, he heard quiet footsteps. In a panic, he gripped his gun and tried to aim it towards the directions of the sound Dima produced, although it was slightly off to the side, rather than directly at her. His finger near teh trigger.

Before he could pull, he smiled softly and lowered the gun, moving the finger away from the trigger as soon as he noticed it was a survivor. "Another survivor? Well, the more the merrier." He quietly said, slowly taking a step towrads her. "Hello there...What's oyur name?" He asked, his voice soft to avoid scaring her, they weren't bandits by all means, but misunderstandings can happen.
Delirious TC
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Aeon (a hybrid)

Post by Delirious TC »

Te-ma... Being unconscious for some time now, the barricade half destroyed had awoke. Confused and disoriented back into the nightmare... Back to hell.

He is hyperventilating. " *huff huff huff* I... What... NoNONONON!" "this isn't happening I'm dreaming and it will all be over!" [-1 sanity 98% remains]

The Zombies are thrashing violently causing the barricade to big in to cave in. Te-ma rushes and flies upwards onto a ceiling beam just below a glass roof. He is panicked. Just as the barricade fails. He is confused... And alone again...
To view my chaotic characters Click dis thingy
V V V

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7399
Rosaris
Duke
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur

Post by Rosaris »

"Seems like we all are bringing something to the party, eh?" she said jokingly as she motioned toward the walkers that kept seemingly popping up every time someone appeared in the group, giving a sigh as she walked over to a storefront, flicking the lights on her goggles on to peer inside, only to shriek loudly in surprise, and blast three rounds into the window, killing a zombie that was RIGHT there. "FORSQUIDSAKEDONOTSCAREMELIKETHAT!" she said in a rapid manner, shaking a little from the shock, but soon calmed down after sitting down.

"Let's get out of here before I go insane and end up hurting myself from these stupid zombies," she said, quickly getting to her feet before returning to the group, giving a bow to the newcomers, before beginning to walk toward the illuminated section of the city that was further down the street and seemingly endlessly distance away. She didn't know if she killed the walker she shot at or not, but... she, at least, hurt the damn thing in the process of things, right?
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina moved with them. Amadeas bringing up the rear. His laser sight occasionally passing in front of them as he looked at something. Catalina was quietly loading large caliber rounds into a clip. "Amadeas, did you have any issues before you were infected?" "Felt like the flu for a few days. Whatever this is, it at least left us our sanity. I think its airborn." Catalina reached reflexively to the bite mark on her shoulder. "And contact. I was bitten. Caught it within a few minutes. Whatever it is, it mutates rapidly." She wore a pouch on her belt. reaching inside she brought out what looked like protein bars. Passing them out to the group she spoke. "here. Eat these. I have bottles of water in my pack if you are thirsty."

Amadeas declined. "No thanks hun. I got my own. Enough to last me and another person more than a week." She nodded. As she finished loading the clip, she reached under her pack. pulling out a large pistol. "Caster gun?" "No. They wont work without magic. But this... 80 caliber. Hand cannon. takes both of my hands to fire it. But the rounds burst on impact with a hard target and keep going. so I can fire four into the wall of a house and clear the entire place of people." he shook his head as he turned and walked backward, watching their rear.

"you guys know where you are going? We've lived here a long time. Saw this city spring up actually. Well Catalina did. I moved down here a few years back. Where ever we are going, you might wanna tell her so she knows what approach to take." Catalina kept silent. She was checking her guns. How did she have so many on her person. Literally there was a sniper rifle on her back, a shot gun and large pistol on the back of her belt. An uzi on each hip, two very big handguns on each side of her chest, and she still had knives all over herself. her wings rustled softly and she stopped suddenly. "Dont move...." She whispered. Amadeas knelt and looked around slowly. "in the subway system?"

He asked. she was silent for a while before nodding. "yes. the subway is crawling with them. We need to stay away from there." the wolf stood and kept walking at the back of the group. Catalina kept walking with them as she finished her weapons check. Drawing her sword she kept it ready in one paw as the other hovered over a knife. "We need to stay quiet. I can smell something I dont like." The wolf said softly. Almost a whisper. Catalina nodded gently. The wolf was good at finding danger before it found him. She trusted him.