No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (CLOSED)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Re: No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (OPEN)

Post by RabidFox »

((OOC: Benjamin is a doctor at the hospital in the beginning of the story—He is a husky. He is currently interacting with Te-Ma—A hybrid of fox, crow, and dove. Benjamin and Te-Ma are still at the hospital.

Brook is a young, twenty-one-year-old fox, who was wounded in a car accident and was then transported to the hospital in an unconscious state. Brook awoke to an evacuated building and eventually escaped with Cloud—Who is also a fox.

The name of the town is Dayton. It is divided into two areas. The land area is where everyone is right now. The island area is uninfected and is accessible only by a ferry that has been disabled. All communication between the two areas has also been disabled. A strange doctor is currently on the island.))

Benjamin gasped, taking a step backwards. The barricade was shaking, shaking, shaking! There were loud, unsettling sounds as the entire structure was being forced apart. His eyes went wide, his entire being filling with panic. Then he noticed Te-Ma take off for the ceiling. But, unfortunately for Benjamin, the husky could not fly.

He turned around, noticing an open window. It was the same window that Brook and Cloud had used to escape earlier. He rushed towards it.

"Te-Ma!" Shouted the doctor. "Quick! Fly over to this window! Someone's opened it!"

Benjamin hurried to flee out the window. He managed to fit his body through and his feet landed on the pavement. Turning around, he waited for Te-Ma. It was best to stick together in situations like this.

~*~*~*~

Brook was overwhelmed. There was too much happening at one time. He coughed, feeling a little faint. One disaster after another was weighing down on him. Then he heard the question about where they were headed.

"We're on our way to the mall." Answered Brook, trying to keep up with the group. "It's not too far from here. I can lead the way." As soon as he caught up, he moved to the front. "There will be food and supplies there. We have weapons. But we still need something to eat and drink.

"I know you have some food." He said to Catalina. "But it won't be enough to feed us all. Or last... We might be able to stay there for a while. Once we're ready, we'll need to find a safe way out of this town. I'm sure there's plenty of abandoned cars, but I don't have any way to turn on the ignition. We'll have to walk and hope that the next town isn't infected as well."
Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima was relieved when the fox pointing a gun at her decided to lower it. "Thanks." She replied with a smile. "My name is Dima..." She continued before she glanced over at Catalina and Amadeas, then at the others in the group. Her head whipping over to watch as one of the group was surprised by another zombie in a store front. "Seems there's still a little jumpiness running through the group." She commented quietly as everybody got moving again.

The conversation of the rest of the group turned to food, and getting out of the city. "well..." She spoke up so the others could hear. "I don't mean to throw a wrench in the works, but don't you think a grocery store would be a better place to get food?" She asked. before she dug into one of her pockets, and pulled out a ring full of keys, some of them looking like they had once been covered in blood. "I have plenty of ways to start vehicles....just need to match one of these to it's car." She said with a slight frown. "which could take a while but..." she shrugged.
Delirious TC
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Aeon (a hybrid)

Post by Delirious TC »

Te-ma was suprised to see he was not abandoned yet and in a flash of fur and feathers te-ma grabed three items... Scisors, the crap ton of energy bars and a leg that had been disloged from a chair. Then rain for the window passing the door just as the baricade finally fell apart... the came rushing in. Te-ma was running at full speed .... " NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE" he did an odd arial horozantal spin-kick for the window and landed outside. "TEMACHA! NOT TODAY!" as penalty for this idiotic action he lost 4 energy bars. He turned around to shut the window and looked at the Ben... handed him the metal chair leg made from cast aluminum for some odd reason. {it dosent look like a chair leg but he belives so.} "i dont know how i did that..."

~Food: 9 bars {-4} now... 5 bars
~weapons: Scisors { small, sharp and great for arts and crafts...} [ -class- common,piercing, small ]
~ Heath & conditions : startled, adreniline... {HP: 117/125}

Abilites: Crafty,Runner,Martial,Sneaky,Flight

Te-Ma Joined your group!

"Where to Doc? Temacha." he salutes. Then smiles... "can i call ya' Ben?"
To view my chaotic characters Click dis thingy
V V V

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7399
CloudTF458
Rogue
Rogue
Species: Fox

Post by CloudTF458 »

Cloud sighed in relief as Dima lowered her gun. "Dima, huh? Name's Cloud." He replied, before he could say more, the group began to move. As always, he catched up then walked alongside them, the lantern held high to shine the area, or at least part of it. "You don't say..." He quietly replied to Dima's comment, she was right. So many members at the same time was giving him a headache, nothing he couldn't handle, though. Still better than to travel almost daily.

And then, the topic came up, food. It's been a while since he had a good meal, but in this time, it was a dream that wasn't going ot come true. The shortage of food could be a lot, after all, he knew they weren't the only survivors. "The mall, huh? Don't you think it's going to be a little crowded there?" Cloud replied to Brook's words, while he didn't disagree with what he said, he knew it wasn't going to be THAT eays to find food. "A grocery store sounds like a good idea, although..." He commented on Dima's words, slowly drifting off. "Where is one? I haven't seen one on the way here." He finished, something came to his mind in the end. "What if we split up? I know, dangerous, but like Brook said, we have weapons." He proposed, it was slightly stupid, sure, and he was scared to do it, but to him, they could get way more than what they would get together. But of course, if they didn't want to do so, Cloud would gladly obligue, he wasn't forcing anyone to do so, or at least he didn't mean to.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Benjamin took the chair leg. Apparently, Te-Ma thought he should use it as a weapon.

"Thanks." He said, gripping the leg for dear life. "Let's get out of here."

Benjamin started to walk, but then he realized that they did not have a destination. He stood there for a moment, still and quiet.

"I have an idea!" He raised a finger. "Let's find a way to get to the island. There's people there and I doubt that there's anything wrong with them. Afterall, they haven't had any contact with the virus, or they shouldn't have. But, also importantly, there's still a man in Dayton that is apart of the team that was just here this morning."

He turned towards Te-Ma. "A group of doctors from a highly respected research facility came to Dayton hours ago for a special meeting. They were discussing their latest research with the top doctors at this hospital. One of them stayed. But he went to the island a long time ago.

"Perhaps we can reach him. I don't think it's a coincidence that all of this happened today. We've got to find that doctor, or just even a way to speak with him. I'm sure he will know what's going on.

"One thing, though." And then his face looked grim. "All of the communication from this part of town has been disconnected from the island. And I couldn't contact the ferry either. It's apparently not running.

"If we go to the telephone company, they should have a way to override the disconnection. And I know just the people that would know where he is.

"What do you think, Te-Ma? Are you ready for such an adventure?" Benjamin gave him a hopeful look.

~*~*~*~

The suggestion of the grocery store made Brook feel a little stupid. He wondered why he didn't think of that first.

"Well, we could do that. Go to the grocery store, I mean." He said, in agreement. "I guess I was just thinking of the mall as a one stop shop. They have food and the supplies we need. Which brings me back to the mall. Shouldn't we go to the mall first? I doubt a grocery store has backpacks for the food we need to gather. We can't carry it around in plastic bags." He grinned.

~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, on the island, the mysterious doctor was meeting with some top physicians from Dayton. They were having a long, important discussion. Closed up in a meeting room, trying to come to terms with a major decision and the recently strange occurrence of losing touch with the rest of the town, the mysterious doctor would be hard to reach.
Delirious TC
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Aeon (a hybrid)

Re: No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (CLOSED)

Post by Delirious TC »

"A good idea but we should hurry considering that the power grid could go down any amount of days from now... But even if we do get there there is no way to ensure communication due to Commucation tower errors..." He seems to be thinking deeply. " eh dosent matter. Lets go with plan A for the moment eh." "So is this disease viral or bacterial? I could be a variation of rabies considering how it is spread... Speaking of which... Do they retain theyre abilities after death... Could avians still fly? That would be... A major threat to our health..."

He starts looking up at the sky while keeping pace with you.
" Also... Are you a cardiologist, neurologist or.... Hm... "
He side tracks from questions and starts messing with the scissors.

He looks at a cop car in the distance and taps Benjamin on the shoulder making a gun with his hand then points at the cop car... He waits for your response.
To view my chaotic characters Click dis thingy
V V V

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7399
Rosaris
Duke
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur

Post by Rosaris »

Ila just kept quiet to herself as she looked on between the others, glancing back and forth at the people as she listened to them talk and suggest ideas... honestly, she had none at this time and could go for just about anything at the moment if it sounded less dangerous than it actually was. She kept her little sawed off rifle thingamabobish 22 handies just in case that the walkers or whatever the heck you wanted to call them attacked again.

"So let's go?" she said aloud, in a questioning tone before giving a small shake of her head as she was about to suggest something, but dismissed it for the moment.
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Catalina had kept silent, only nodding when spoken too. Amadeas had remained stoic to a point. Once he was sure they were in a relatively safe area he looked to Dima. "So... Need anything?" He asked softly.

Catalina paused at an ambulance that was just left sitting open. Reaching inside she rummaged around a bit before bringing out a small kit. Looking through it she shook her head and set it down. Taking a second to look around she found something worth taking. A couple rolls of bandage tape and a pack of gauze. Tucking them away, she moved back to the group. Her eyes rotating as she walked. Though, she did pause and bring up her gun. Looking through the scope she sighed. "Nothing. No one. Not even one of them.... Maybe they all made it out...At least the ones that still had their magic."

She was muttering to herself as she walked. Talking about things that were probably best not spoken aloud. Suddenly she spoke. "If we are heading to the grocery store, we will likely be too late. The mall has the food courts, but it will likely be crawling with those things. I suggest a gas station. Something small like a quick stop place. They will have junk food at least. As well there are likely to be tools we can use. And I am a mechanic. I can, if nothing else, Hot wire a car.' "Speaking of, where is your car Cat?" Amadeas asked. "I think something that loud would attract those things for miles. Its a W12 engine. It makes more noise than the guns." He nodded. His SUV was similar, too noisy. They would need something like a minivan. Or at least two cars.

He looked back to Dima, smiling softly.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

"Viral." Answered Benjamin. "It is spread through blood, so if you're wounded and that wound touches another person with the virus, then you will contract the virus. It causes the mind to lose itself and the person, in a way, loses consciousness. Their body, however, continues to move and be active. But the soul... the person you once knew... they vanish. Gone. Is there a cure? I have no idea, but I do hope so." The doctor flinched from deep, emotional pain. "There are a lot of people that I can't live without."

He was silent for a while, and then remembered that Te-Ma had asked him another question.

"I am a neurologist. You're right." He smiled. "You must be lucky to get it on the second try."

Then, suddenly, Te-Ma tapped him on the shoulder. The hybrid pointed towards a cop car. Benjamin studied the vehicle, then noticed that someone was inside of it. But it didn't look like a cop.

"Is someone trying to steal that car?" Benjamin wasn't certain what was going on. Then he got an idea. "Hey, let's see if that person is okay. Maybe they can drive us to the telephone company."

The doctor cautiously approached the vehicle. "Hello?" He tried. The person's head turned at the sound of his voice, his eyes trained on him. It was definitely not a police officer. "Are you hurt?"

The person called out the window. "No, I'm fine." But he looked terrified. Probably of them. "Who are you?" He stuttered.

"My name is Benjamin." Answered the doctor. "This is Te-Ma."

"No, I'm not hurt." Said the man, still in shock. "Do you need a ride?"

"Yes." Said Benjamin. "We need to get to the phone company."

"I don't know where that is." The man replied.

"I do." Assured the doctor. "Here, let me drive."

The man got out of the car. He was a cacomistle and he didn't look like he was in good shape. No apparent injuries, but his clothes had been torn in several places and his face was very dirty. He must have fallen at some point. The cacomistle gave Te-Ma a long, curious look.

Benjamin got in the driver's seat. "Come on, guys! Let's get to the phone company before more bad things happen."
CloudTF458
Rogue
Rogue
Species: Fox

Post by CloudTF458 »

"Mall, grocery store, gas station, it's the same thing! What matters here is--" Before he could finish, Cloud heard about Catalina's car through her friend's words. "Wait...You have a car?! Why didn't you mention it before!" Cloud said, slightly rushing his words.

"We could have gotten out of here long ago! Getting gas isn't a problem, I'm sure the gas stations have some!" He continued, keeping his voice at a normal level, but still panicking slightly. He was more anxiosu than scared, to him, if they had a car, why not use it?
Rosaris
Duke
Duke

Post by Rosaris »

Well then, quite the interesting turn of events for the group. As they seemed to be all heading for the car, Ila decided to head for it as well, staying silent for the most part as she had collected what she needed to get from whatever was around her at the time. "Hopefully this nightmare will end soon... the car is a good means to a way out, especially if we don't play the siren" she thought to herself before clearing her throat and looking it over as she got close enough to observe. It... did appear to be big enough for all of them, so why not?
National Project Thingy!
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

"Did you not hear what I said?!" The tall feline fairly hissed at them all. "The engine is louder than a jet. Just cranking it up would draw every infected in the city. Besides, I dont want to have to walk all the way back to my shop... half a mile across town, into the warehouse district, looking at every thing I already killed, and hoping i dont have to kill another one of my friends." She growled softly before turning back to the direction she had been heading. Amadeas watched her walking before sighing. "Cat. The mall is left." The fline shifted her course, but kept walking. "We can meet her there. Anyway, the parking deck at the mall is full of cars. We can hotwire one there." He smiled and returned his attention to Dima. "Anyway dear."

Catalina kept quiet, just walking. Though now at a most brisk pace. Her sheer stride kept her ahead of the group. And she was no where near letting up yet. Her gun held tightly to her, she walked as if she were intent on killing anything in front of her.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima had started to reply to Amadeas when Catalina had an outburst. She shook her head as Cat stalked off ahead of the rest of the group, then returned her attention to Amadeas. "I wouldn't mind some food that hasn't been shelf stabilized, but it's not completely necessary." She told him as they walked along closer to the others in the group. "I kinda raided a sporting goods store when the shit started hitting the fan. Got guns, ammo, field rations, water purifying tablets, a couple of tarps, emergency blankets..." She paused for a moment as if going over a mental list. "that pretty much covers the major stuff I came out with. So, in the end it really doesn't make that much difference to me where we go first as long as we eventually head out of this place."
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

"Okay, so we're going to the mall to hot wire a car?" Said Brook, trying to get his facts straight. "While you're doing that, I'll go in and get a backpack. Anyone else that wants to carry stuff, come along. Just remember that we need to pack light. If a zombie comes after us, we need to be able to run. Or if it comes down to it, fight."

The fox followed along until the group finally reached the mall. It was still dark outside and there were not very many cars left in the parking lot. It looked like the building had been abandoned. Why were there so few survivors? Brook didn't understand it. Were they really that lucky? Actually, if it hadn't been for Catalina and Amadeas, they probably would have died or been infected from that last group of zombies. Brook shook his head, trying to dismiss the negative thoughts.

"Here we are." He announced, stopping for a moment. "All right, somebody go find a car that will fit all of us. A minivan would probably do best. We have quite a few people with us." Then Brook continued for the mall. "I'm going to find a backpack and some supplies. Anyone coming along needs to stay close. Hopefully, there's some knives or something in there. We need an army knife if we're going to make the best use of our resources."
Rosaris
Duke
Duke

Post by Rosaris »

"I'll go out and try and find a van or something... might as well make myself useful or something for the moment, right?" she said with a small chuckle as she started toward the Garage, keeping her senses about her as she kept one hand on the sawed-off rifle she had holstered in her tactical vest, looking around as she flicked on the lights on the goggles she had looted earlier in the night. "Let's see here... vans, pickups, something to haul a large group of people out in... ugh... I hope I can find something soon!" she thought to herself as she could hear the ground becoming a bit squishy with each step she took... strange, it almost felt like soda pop sticking to her boots... or... something else. Dang it Ila! not the time to be weirded out by something you don't even know is there! Then again... the thought of walking in blood was kinda... disgusting... no, not a good time to let your mind wander! Keep on task and just... keep... your mind... off...

She slowly turned around just as she heard something moving behind her, scared stiff and unable to really move at the moment. "No no no no NO!" she spun around and of course, came face to face with... another person?!

The both of them shrieked in terror, jumping back a good two feet from each other as they pointed their assorted weapons at one another, one armed with a modded rifle, the other armed with a makeshift pike of sorts. "WHO IN THE HELL ARE YOU?!" screamed Ila before being shushed as the person in black clothing motioned that they might not be alone in this place.
National Project Thingy!