No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (CLOSED)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Re: No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (CLOSED)

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Catalina came flying around the corner. If anything stood out about all felines, it was their incredible night vision. She could see well in the darkness. And this became apparent as she leveled a rather large rifle at the person in black. The tiny laser dot aiming right for center mass. "Its 85. caliber, tipped with a titanium cap and cased in a steel jacket. The core is pure Bronze. it will turn Tank armor into soup. If you breathe I will pull the trigger. And dont think about running....There are two other guns trained on you. Yes, I am ex-military. and No, i dont know how to show mercy anymore. So please... do not make me pull this trigger." That was.... comforting.

Catalina held her ground, keeping near silent. The fact she was wearing black and her fur was mostly dark grey helped blur her body into the shadows some. She was quite certain this person wasnt intentionally threatening... But all the same it was safer to play it easy than to trust and get burned.

Amadeas looked at Dima with a smile. Reaching into his own hip pack her brought out a pack of mini bagels. "Here. Have a few. The might be a bit chewy. Been in my pocket all day. Found them in the bread shop early this morning. Poor bugger was staggering around. He was infected before he knew what it was that happened. Hated to put him down. BUt at least I got a good meal in first. I saved a few bags like this. I also got some basic flour and bottles of water. If we can find a place that has a small stove I can make some simple bread." His ears turned as he heard the scream. His gun came up before his body had finished turning. He dropped to one knee and brought his eye to the scope. He couldnt see through walls, but he could see the glint of Catalina's barrel. He could tell where she was aiming. They had to be within talking distance. He kept his gun aimed at the wall. "Come on... please dont be soething nasty....'
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Sponsor

Rosaris
Duke
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur

Post by Rosaris »

"How about you put the rifle down and take a breath, Rambo" said Ila as she turned toward the Feline, stepping a bit between the two of them to try and coax a truce between them as the person in black clothing didn't seem like a threat, and this feline was... well, a work of art to say the least.

"I don't exactly trust him at this point in time, buuuut, wouldn't it make more sense to travel in a group of people if he was going to be a threat instead of being alone, in a parking garage nonetheless?" she added, looking over her shoulder toward the person, before noticing something that she had probably overlooked in the past... he... seemed to be a mute, seeing he hadn't said a word to them other than the odd and weird sounds he made. "And besides, I think he's a mute... so he can't exactly explain himself if you were gonna interrogate him" she then pointed toward the interior deeper of the parking garage. "Wanna help with searching for a vehicle since you're here, then?"
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!
CloudTF458
Rogue
Rogue
Species: Fox

Post by CloudTF458 »

As soon as he heard the ruckus, Cloud couldn't help but jump into the fray, gripping his gun with fear, he ran towards the Garage, to where they were. His footsteps slightly loud due to his footwear. "What's going on!" He shouted, maybe it was a zombie? Or a thief? Well, the surprise he got when he arrived wasn't quite pleasant.

At first, he was confused, he arrived a bit late due to having been focused on talking to Dima, yet, seeing Catalina and Ila eased his fears, that is, until he noticed the third furry standing with them. His gun gripped tightly as he turned the corner, aiming it at the subject in black. He wasn't going to shoot by all means, but hey, a threat is useful once in a while.

That is, until Ila spoke, he chuckled a bit and lowered his gun, noticing the guy wasn't a threat due to Ila stepping between Catalina and the subject in black. "Seems I arrived a bit late, huh?" Said the fox, slightly shivering from the rush. From the situation, he could easily say that this person wasn't one of them, yet, what Ila said struck him as odd. A mute? Sure, they existed, but in an outbreak, he would suspect that he was lying. Either way, if he was, he would shoot him on sight. For now, he kept his gun holstered, he didn't want to alarm anybody, after all.

"Mute, huh? Not the answer I was looking for." He thought as he heard them, his eyes focused on the person for a second, until Ila mentioned what they came here to do. "You two can go, I'll make sure this guy doesn't go anywhere. Mute or not, his intentions are still unknown." He said, taking a step towards the mute guy.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

As the group arrived at the mall, Dima continued to stay near Amadeas and the older fox for conversation sake. She smiled thankfully as Amadeas handed her some bagels. "Thank you." She replied as she put them into one of her own pockets, preferring to take care of the tasks at hand before busying herself with eating. She had been about to say something else when Ila screamed. Her attention was drawn in that direction just as the attention of the others had been. She had reflexively raised the barrel of her own weapon into the ready position but put it back down after a few moments. "Seems like you guys got this....don't need too many on edge people pointing guns into it." She whispered to Amadeas. "I'm going to go with the fox that headed into the mall; he didn't seem too comfortable with a firearm and it's probably best that we at least stay in pairs" She told him before she padded ever so quietly toward the mall and into Brook's wake.

"It's Dima, I'm approaching you from behind." She announced to the younger fox just loud enough for him to hear as she got closer to him. She didn't want to alert any unwanted company, but she didn't want to scare the fox by showing up out of nowhere either.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Brook turned around at the sound of Dima's voice. "It's okay. I know it's you." He said, reassuringly. "We won't be separated for long. It shouldn't be too hard to find what we need in here."

The fox walked and walked as they covered the span of the parking space. Soon, they were at the front doors. He pushed open a glass door, then another one. They were inside. He looked around. He didn't see anyone.

"Strange." He said, senses heightening. "You'd think there would be some kind of damage or items on the floor or something. It looks suspiciously clean in here. And there's no people in sight."

Or at least... that was what he had thought.

Suddenly, his foot hit something. He looked down and then his face turned to horror. It was an arm coming from behind a booth. And blood was smeared all over it.

"My god!" He exclaimed, terror overtaking him. "There must be zombies in here!"

He frantically looked here and there, but he saw no sign of danger. "Maybe they left?" He wondered.

It was hard, but he kept marching on. "It's horrible, I know, but we must continue." His voice trembled with emotion. "It's all so much, so much." He couldn't help but stop for a moment, covering his face with a hand. "I just can't... I can't... I can't stand it! We've got to get the hell out of here!"

It took him a few minutes to recollect himself, and then he was finally able to do it again. To walk again. With a firm look of resolve, he pushed himself forward.

"There's a hunting store in here. There should be knives there. And backpacks." He talked, as he lead the way. "The food will be in the centre of the mall."

At last, they reached the store. Most of the lights in the mall had been left on, but this particular area was dark.

"I wonder what happened to the lights." It was hard to see, so he grabbed a flash light from the front of the store and put some batteries in it. A click and it worked. "Good. Let's use this to find some army knives."

The light passed over the shelves, some of the contents glowing and reflecting the light back. Then he saw something.

"Here it is!" He said, excited. He moved towards the shelf, leaning down to take a knife. He pocketed it, then took another and offered it to Dima. "And here's one for you."
Delirious TC
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Aeon (a hybrid)

Post by Delirious TC »

Te-ma is wary or the new stranger and keeps his distance... he stays near the doctor as much as possible. Te-ma enters the car... he finds a police baton and tape...

He breaks the scissors and attaches it to the baton using tape...

He was successful. He sits it the back seat examining his handy work.... He offers a energy bar to everyone. Normally he would not give to a stranger but he feels as if thanks is in order. plus... he wasn't undead...

-3 food
-baton
-scissors
+Dr. Slice & dice (fusion weapon) Class 4 = {uncommon}
To view my chaotic characters Click dis thingy
V V V

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7399
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina slowly lowered her gun. Her eyes still on the person before her. She said nothing at first before waving at Amadeas. The wolf was quiet as he slowly lowered his weapon. Catalina stood still a moment before speaking. "Im going to check inside the upper floor of the mall for something. here is a radio. Call me if you need me." She set it down by Ila. As the feline walked off, she kept her eyes toward the figure a moment longer. Soon, she was lost to sight as she entered the mall.

Catalina was well known for her temper in old days. but now, she was just tired. And as she moved to the stairs to the second floor of the mall, she wondered just what was in store. She knew where the shops were. Who had what. But she was really looking for someone. Hoping against hope. As she came to a small vendor stall, she sighed. She found him. Hunched over his stall, his revolver in paw. A small pile of shells around him. He had held out as long as he could. And used his last slug on himself. She gently laid him down. As she did, she heard a shuffle of feet. Turning slowly she saw what looked like a mall cop. But he was.... not alive anymore. Catalina flung a knife. Taking his down silently. As she watched him fall, she whispered softly to herself. Old prayers.

She returned to the task at paw. Looking through the stall she found a few portable batteries for phones. She knew it was a long shot. But maybe there was a chance she could get a call out.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Benjamin was handed an energy bar as he started the car. He turned around to look at Te-Ma.

"Thanks." He said, quickly. Then he returned his attention on the road.

He put the car in reverse, then turned it around. Once it was in the right direction, he slammed the gas, speeding out of the vicinity of the hospital. The car roared down the street.

"We can't afford for those creatures to catch up to us." Warned Benjamin.

"What's going on?" Asked the cacomistle, in fear.

"I'm not entirely sure." Answered Benjamin, distracted. "It's probably something that the doctors brought with them from the research laboratory."

"What doctors?" But the cacomistle was new.

"A team of doctors that visited the hospital today." Explained Benjamin. "We're going to find one of them that stayed behind."

The telephone company was a long drive away. It was on the other side of town. Benjamin bit off the plastic on the energy bar and started to eat it. The cacomistle didn't seem interested in his.

"Where are you from?" Asked the cacomistle, eyeing Te-ma's wings. Obviously, he found him very strange.

Suddenly, a group of zombies appeared in the road. "Damn it!" Cursed Benjamin, but he couldn't afford to be slowed down. If they did, then the zombies would take over the car. "I hate to do this, but... Oh God forgive me!"

Benjamin could not stop the car. It would be suicide. So he did the only thing he could do. He ran into them. Bodies rolled over the front of the car, falling off onto the street. Luckily, no one was actually run over, so they should live. Benjamin fought to hold back his tears. He felt so guilty. The car sped past the threat.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima followed behind Brook at a careful pace, her ears swiveling to catch any noises that might be made by others. "There probably weren't many people here when everything went down....maybe they got out before..." She let her quiet reply trail off as she noticed Brook looking down at something behind a booth. "Or, maybe they didn't" She deadpanned as she came up next to Brook and looked down at what he was seeing. Thankfully her military and mercenary experience let her push away the emotional responses brought on by looking at gore and death.

As Brook started to get louder, she put a hand on his shoulder, hoping to calm him down. "Quiet..." She hissed. "If they are in here you don't want to announce our location to them."

She nodded as Brook regained his senses and insisted that they continue on into the mall. She continued to follow the fox until they reached the hunting store. "probably wouldn't hurt to stock up on some more ammo too, if we can find any" She commented as Brook mentioned backpacks and knives.

Brook commented on the lights and she shook her head. "No telling, could be any number of reasons I imagine." She replied, frowning as Brook picked up a flashlight. She flinched and squinted her eyes as he flicked the light on. "At least use a red lens if you need a light." She admonished "isn't as bad on the night vision." She tried not to look into the light too much as she followed Brook further into the store where the knives were. She took the knife she was handed, but another had caught her eye. she snatched up a single edged knife that was nearly long enough to be considered a short sword. the blade was only about an inch wide, but was thick and heavy. "Thanks, think I'll let one of the others have it...I like this one." She said with a smile as she unbuckled her belt to slide the sheath onto it.

With the knife secured, she buckled her belt back up and adjusted her pants on her hips before once again concentrating on rummaging through things. "you know....a few emergency flares and a flare gun might be useful if we can find them." She said as she continued.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Brook tried to be quieter, but he had no idea where a pair of night vision goggles were. "We'll be fine." He reassured, holding out his hand with his palm outstretched. "No one is going to see us here."

But then it was still dark in this store. Something that Brook had not yet explained. He searched the store for more items of interest until he finally found a nice, light backpack. It was brown and durable. He put it on.

"This will do." He said, satisfied. But there could still be something useful in the store. He continued to look. "Let me check this place out just a little more and we can leave."

He walked to the back of the store. It was even darker back there. He looked around, trying to find something, anything that they might need. Then suddenly... something was different. He paused, his heart beginning to race, and his body stiffened. There was the sensation... of hotness on the back of his neck. He slowly turned around and a scream got choked in his throat.

There was a man behind him! A man that had been breathing on his neck. A man that was... very bloody and crazy looking. It was a zombie!

The man launched into Brook, showing no mercy. The fox yelled out as his body slammed into the ground. Unfortunately for him, it was made of hard tile. He winced, the pain shooting through him. Quickly, he struggled to throw the man off. But he held onto his arm, causing the pair to roll over a few times. Brook cursed, trying everything he could to break free. Then his head hit the bottom of a shelf. He cried out as he earned himself a rather large bruise. Then he temporarily lost consciousness. It seemed to be the end, but the zombie was slow to attack. Brook's mind flickered in and he threw the man off of him, the maddened person flying into a shelf.

The zombie cried out as the shelf fell over into another and another. Damn, the noise they were making! Brook and Dima had to get out of there fast before they were overwhelmed by more of these insane creatures! Brook struggled to his feet, rubbing the side of his head. He hissed through his teeth at the heightened pain.

Limping at first, Brook managed to straighten his leg so that he could speed through the store. "Come on!" He called out to Dima.
Rosaris
Duke
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur

Post by Rosaris »

Ila merely quirked an ear as she heard all the racket, from way out in the parking garage as she followed her new 'friend', searching for a car that could be used in order to escape this place. "Whatever the heck is going on down there, I hope it's nothing too serious..." she mumbled to herself as she passed an SUV, looking and seeing it had all its tires slashed, but there was something ahead... a bus? not a big city bus, but a bus nonetheless, one that usually is used by human resouces or something in order to dispatch several people to different locations... kind of like a short bus for a school or something.

"What about this one? Please tell me its not rigged to explode or something..." said the vixen as she quickly approached it, shining a light into the window before... hope shined on through. The keys were still in the ignition. "AWESOME! Looks like we're gonna be getting the heck out of here faster than I thought." she raised the radio and began to speak.

"Hey guys! I found a bus we can use in order to give ourselves a means of transportation and shelter!" she said happily, not aware something was coming up behind her.

Alec, of course, being mute, couldn't really warn the vixen as he pointed repeatedly toward the approaching figure. He then quickly sprung into action as the enemy shuffled toward the two of them, swinging his pike thingamabob toward it and knocking its head off its shoulders. Causing a jump and shudder from Ila. "T-Thanks... but looks like we're not done yet" she quickly turned around and saw a few more shuffling toward them... and they appeared to not be too happy with their presence here.
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Cataline was back on her way to the garage. She was quietly walking, keeping silent. As she entered, she noticed a small group of those things moving toward the ramps. Something had drawn their attention. Her paws moved and brought up her machine pistols. The sharp report of their expending rounds drew attention toward her. She kept putting bullets out, and changing clips as needed.

All the while making toward the way these things were headed. As she rounded a corner, she saw Illa's flashlight. "Hey. stop moving. let them come to me." She yelled, pulling more attention toward herself. She knew this was stupid. She was already running low on ammo. She would have to switch weapons soon.

As she heard her guns click dry, she dropped them. opting for her sword and claws now. Swinging violently, she dispatched several of them. Then a sharp crack from outside drew her ear. Amadeas was sending bullets into the open area. His gun sounding off again and again. he was putting rounds into the monsters as fast as he could without hitting anyone. As he came inside, Catalina was still covered by at least five of them. He couldnt shoot wihtout hitting her. and she was looking tired now. He set his gun on shi pac and set it aside. Drawing his own sword he cussed and ran in. A mistake that proved fatal for him. as he jumped the group, he missed on, and it dove on him. The wolf screamed as he fought until he stopped moving. Catalina too the moment to pick up one of her pistols. reloading the last clip she put the monsters down. Standing over Amadeas, she raised the weapon slowly. Putting the last two bullets in his head. After that she dropped it and stood there. Looking..... lost.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima sighed as Brook tried to reassure her, but didn't argue the point with him. She instead nodded as he headed off to search through things. Dima, in the mean time, continued her own search through what was left in the store. She didn't find a flare gun, but did manage to find a signal mirror, and a couple emergency flares. She stuffed the items into her own pack, and had just put it back on when she heard Brook yell, then the sound of scuffling in the back of the store. Dima's first reaction was to pull her weapon up into a ready position and sight down the barrell as she headed in the direction of Brook's yell.

Dima found Brook just as he threw the zombie off of him and into the shelves. She winced at the crashing that came after as successive shelves were knocked over. It didn't stop her from firing a slug into the zombie's head before Brook limped past her.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." She called back as she followed right behind the fox out of the store. "Well, if we're stopping for food we'd better get there and make it quick." She commented as she caught up to Brook, ready to follow him to the food court.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Brook suddenly realized that he was no longer holding his hockey stick. But there wasn't enough time to go back. So he didn't. Racing through the mall, he headed for the food court like Dima had suggested. It was not too long before they arrived at the centre of the mall.

Brook started to walk around and look. There was a pretzel shop. He slipped in and started to fill his bag with soft pretzels and pretzel dogs. What could he say? He loved pretzels. Then he went to some of the other stands and filled up his bag with them.

"All right." He said, with a confident smile. "That's enough. Let's get out of here and back to the group."

The fox started for the entrance to the mall. During the time he and Dima had been in there, little did he know that one of their companions had died.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina slowly moved to the vehicle. Sliding herself into the driver seat she put it in gear and waited. She was waiting for the rest to arrive. Her eyes looked empty and hollow now. Like she was dead inside.

the proud tigress was reduced. her prowess diminished now. one could tell. Having lost Amadeas, she had lost family. He had been a brother to her, and more. And now... he was....missing that part hurt her in ways she could not put into words.

The woman waited, hoping the others would get back from the mall soon.