No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (CLOSED)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: No Escape (Lancashire, Edwin) (Zombies) (CLOSED)

Post by Asyriel »

Dima continued to follow Brook through the mall till they got to the food court. As Brook set about gathering food, Dima crouched nearby with her weapon at the ready. She figured it would be safer for the pair if she watched Brook's back while he had his attention elsewhere .

Thankfully they made it through gathering food without incident and continued on their way, heading back toward the parking area. "Alright...." She started to reply before she heard all the gunfire coming from the direction of their destination. "We should pick up the pace I think." She said as she started jogging in the direction of the gunfire.
Sponsor

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Brook raced after the sounds of guns, hurrying to make it in time to help. However, he was very nervous. It wasn't like he had ever been in a dangerous situation like this. He was trying his best to just wing it, but he wondered if he could really live up to the abilities of the more experienced members of the group. He sure hoped so.

Missing his hockey stick, Brook went for the gun in his holster. His breathing became heavier, his adrenaline rushing to every part of his body. He had to make it, he had to make it. One foot in front of the other, one foot in front of the other. An injured arm and a weapon in his good hand.

The scene finally came into view. He smiled, feeling grateful, and then... he noticed something terrible. Amadeas appeared to be unconscious. However, on closer inspection, he realized that he was actually dead! Brook felt his heart stop and then there was a giant pain in his chest. He winced, reaching for his heart with his other hand. His feet came to a stop, but it was so sudden that he ended up falling onto the ground. He made a noise of pain, and then tried to lift himself up as quickly as possible. Yet he could not move fast at all. He was too shocked.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Catalina stayed silent as she sat in the driver seat. her bag beside her. She was just staring at the front. It seemed the others were gathering now. She remained silent as she jsut stared forward. Her eyes were glistening. She was....trying not to cry again. As she gripped the wheel she took a shuddering breath.

After a moment she spoke. "get in please... I dont want to be here anymore. And I have a couple phone chargers. My phone is charging. Once we get some clear area I can check the internet or make a phone call. I know people. Places we can likely hide. Maybe a place we can go to and live without these things hounding us."

Her tone bordered on pain. She was in some kind of pain. but she had no outward wounds. just zombie mess all over her clothing.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Rosaris
Duke
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur

Post by Rosaris »

Ila and the mysterious mute person climbed in and walked to the back of the shortbus, before taking a seat near one of the windows. Getting comfortable as they pondered on where they would go after this... what in the world was going on? They didn't know.

"I hope this is the only affected city... I really do" said Ila with a nervous smile before perking her ears as she heard Catalina speak, nodding a bit before reaching out and plugging her own phone up. "I'll see what I can do with mine... it's a satellite phone so it might be worth something"
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Brook followed Ila's lead and got on the bus. He was still very disoriented, horribly disoriented. The sight of a dead body that had once belonged to his companion was not a familiar sight to him at all. Walking over to a seat in the middle, Brook fell down in the chair, his back sliding against the leather. His eyes looked up at the ceiling of the bus and he said nothing. Catalina was in the driver's seat. Momentarily, he looked at her, then turned away.

The fox slipped the gun back into the holster. There was no reason to use it now. He ran a hand over his head, trying to calm down. His nerves were like fire.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima had stayed with Brook as they approached the spot where Amadeas lay on the ground with a pile of other corpses. As Brook fell to the ground, she crouched next to their fallen companion, brushing a finger lightly over his forehead and whispering something inaudible to herself before she stood back up, and followed Ila and Brook onto the bus.

She took the seat right behind Catalina, settling a hand gently on the her shoulder. "I'm sorry" She said quietly, knowing there was likely nothing she could say that would be of any real comfort.

She wondered to herself what would be done with them if the rest of the world remained uninfected. Would they even be allowed to leave the area? Were they stuck in a quarantine zone they didn't yet know about? She was sure they would at the very least be quarantined individually.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina looked at her phone. it was half charged by now. She was wondering. As she shut the door to the buss she hit the button to bring the menu up. "Good Morning Cat." The phone said softly. "Directory Search. Locations outside of possible contamination in a large scale ELE." The phone did a search. , "No locations in your directory. Please contact your supervisor at the UN embassy." Cat set the phone down. "If you have a sattilite phone you can reach some friendsof mine. They likely wont be in the know about this. They live in a very isolated part of the world. Once we get out of the city you can place the call."

catalina put the buss in gear and began to pull out. As they passed the entrance to the parking garage, she sighed. Looking to her gas gauge she noticed they had a full tank. That would at least get them to the outer parts of the city. "Dima. Check my bag. I should have some more ammo for everyone."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

((OOC: Benjamin is at the phone company.))

Benjamin was running as fast as he could. His breathing was very heavy and his leg was killing him. Blood all over his long, white, tattered coat was sharp contrast against the material. The husky felt that all would soon be lost. And then, suddenly, there was the sound of a long, heavy steel bar making contact with the zombie. The person could not even cry out before they hit the floor with a resounding thud. Benjamin dared to look back.

What he saw was the cacomistle that had travelled with him. He was bleeding and the attack had used up the last of his energy. The man collapsed, dying. Benjamin turned around to help him, but yelled in pain as his leg refused to obey. He had to make it out of here. And he had to do it alive. Benjamin noticed the cacomistle's breathing quickly fade away, the chest no longer rising and falling. Soon, all that was left was a blank stare that had been focused on the ceiling. Benjamin grabbed his mouth, feeling immensely ill. He almost fell, his back sliding against the wall.

He started to cry, trying to muffle the sound of his sobs with his arm. Not another person. Not another person die. He couldn't take it any more. It was too much. Then, suddenly, he felt the urgency to get back up. To get out of there. To run quickly. Survival started taking control of his mind, but the pain in his heart would not ease. He coughed several times and then struggled as quickly as his stunned mind could handle. His control over his movements was clearly incomplete. He got back to his feet.

Benjamin had to get through to the doctor!

~*~*~*~

Brook was quiet. He said nothing as Catalina drove the car. His eyes rested on his shoes. Everything in his world had shattered. Who even knew what had happened to his family, his friends, his town. The whole place felt like it was engulfed in flames. The images of fire burned greatly in his mind, swallowing up everything and everyone that had ever meant anything to him. Would they even be safe outside of Dayton? How far had the virus spread? Could they ever hope to survive? And who would even want to after losing so much...?

The fox was afraid to look out the window. He was afraid of what he might see. Brook didn't want to have another look at one of those crazy, infected people. The young man just wanted to block it all out as much as possible.

"Where are we going?" Was the only thing that he could manage. Perhaps that question had already been answered, but Brook didn't know. He wasn't focusing on the present. His mind was somewhere else, far gone.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima nodded to Catalina as the bus started moving. She turned her attention to Catalina's bag, and started digging for the ammo Catalina had mentioned. She eventually found the proper calibers and handed some off to Ila and Catalina. She didn't bother grabbing any for Brook since he hadn't expended any of what he had before. She instead turned her attention to the fox's question. "I don't think we've made that determination yet." She replied. "I don't know where Catalina's friends are, but it sounds like we're probably going to visit them." She paused for a moment as she thought. "If they're far away, I have a plane at the municipal airport." She said loud enough for everybody present to hear.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina nodded softly as she drive. Keeping her eyes fixed forward on the road. "Good. yamaha is a long way off from here and I dont think I can carry more than one of you with my own wings. Since I probably wont fit in the plane, I can fly beside you and give you cover. This said, we need to make contact with the group I know first. They live in a monastery atop a mountain. Literally no roads to get there. No foot paths. You either find the place on your own, or you dont. Fortunately I have been friends with them for the last two centuries."

As they drove along, Catalina leaned back in her seat. "The place I am talking about belongs to peaceful monks. They are kindly, and speak only Yamanese. I can speak the language, but I'm a poor translator. Conveying the meaning is one thing. Getting the emotion across is another." The feline tilted her head until her neck popped loudly. watching the streets roll past she spoke. "Dima. You seem to have some military training. Please do me a favor and keep an eye open for a police station or a military truck. We will need ammo soon enough and a few more weapons wont hurt. Every one else look for a bakery or a quick mart. No restaurants. We dont have time to cook. Just the premade stuff. Quickmarts will have supplies like bottled water or batteries. But the Bakery will have packaged breads we can use for days.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Benjamin finally reached the main switch board. He walked up to it, out of breath. He needed a new change of clothes. His were still covered in blood. But there was not time for that yet. The husky knew little of how to operate the controls and therefore felt very stuck. He closely examined them, trying to find a quick, easy way of reaching the island. He didn't see one.

"Damn!" He cursed, moving to look around the room.

Then it donned on him. There must be some kind of master switch that would give everyone phone access again. He had a feeling that the phones had been taken out manually, by someone who had been standing right here where he was now. Benjamin smiled, feeling accomplished, then started searching for such a switch. It took him a long time, but he finally found the master switch. Someone had definitely turned it off. Benjamin made a strange face, wondering who had that much power and why they would do such a thing. How could they have predicted this mess? Or were they the one to create it? Whatever the case, Benjamin had to contact the doctor.

Brrring. Brrring.

"Hello?" Said a voice on the other end. Benjamin almost dropped the phone in relief. "Who is this?"

"This is Dr. Benjamin Grayson." Answered the husky, his heart about to beat out of his chest. "We have an emergency! This is contact from the continent. Something has attacked Dayton!"

"Woah, wait a minute!" Exclaimed the voice. "Who is this? This is contact from the continent?! Where are you?! What happened?! We haven't been able to contact the continent for hours and hours!"

"I'm not sure who is behind it, but—" And then, suddenly, the phone went out! "Hello? Hello?"

"That's not a good idea." Said a voice behind him. Benjamin jumped, turning around in shock. And then his eyes saw... What in the hell?!

It was Dr. Fidel Hayes... The man he had been searching for!

"Fidel!" He exclaimed, overwhelmed. "I thought you were on the island!"

"I was." Admitted Dr. Hayes. "You see, I managed to get here by the ferry. It started running again, but I told them that it was too dangerous to let anyone but me use it. I've been on the island, waiting in a hotel. All contact from the continent was cut off."

"I don't understand." Said Benjamin. "How did you get here alive? And why did you end my call?"

Fidel was standing next to the master switch, which was now turned to off.

"You'll only panic them." Explained Fidel, in a strange, nonchalant tone. "I stopped you because you were about to destroy yourself and everyone else."

"I still don't understand." Benjamin only felt more confused.

"If they know about the insanity that has broken out here, they will send in the military to kill everyone. What about your mother and your father? What about your wife and your children? Do you really want them dead?"

"Well, of course not..." Benjamin's voice trailed into silence. "But how are we going to stabilize the situation without reinforcements?"

Fidel moved closer, clearly intent on manipulating the other doctor. "They would only kill us all, you and me included. They wouldn't believe for a moment that we weren't infected by the virus."

"But... there's nothing else we can do." Insisted Benjamin.

"I'm not going to watch this town be slaughtered." Argued Fidel, in the same carefree manner. "And the island would be exterminated too... We must fight back on our own. We must find some way to stop this and return everyone to normal. Only then will the outside world accept that everything is in control and there is no need to use excessive force."

Benjamin was quiet. "What can we possibly do?"

Fidel tilted his head upwards, looking down at the other doctor. "There is a strange person here. I heard that her name is Catalina. Apparently, she is some kind of outsider. And she has unbelievable strength. I know where she will go and that's Yamaha."

"Why do I need to know this?" The husky was puzzled.

"Because she can't be allowed to succeed." Asserted Fidel. "She thinks that she's in the right, but in reality she's going to get everyone in this town killed. And then I've also heard of something else, something that would interest you."

"What?" Benjamin just had to know.

"Brook..." Started Fidel, in a mysterious voice. "Your nephew... He's travelling with her group."

"Brook!" Exclaimed Benjamin. "He's alive?!"

"Yes, and apparently not too badly hurt." Explained Fidel. "You see, I put a bug on the inside of his clothing. As long as he doesn't change clothes, I can hear everything he's saying and anything that someone else says around him. You must find him and travel with this group. You must stop Catalina. Do you understand?"

Then Fidel reached for something in his pocket, and pulled out a device. He held it out for Benjamin. "This is a GPS. It has their location on it. Use it to find Catalina. But don't let her know that you're not on her side... The GPS also acts as a communicator. It's on vibrate, so that no one will hear me call. Once you've got some good information that I can use, go somewhere alone and inform me of what you've learned. Remember. Don't let her out of your sight. Don't let her slip away.

"Do you understand?"

Benjamin was stunned. For a while, he said nothing, and then, "Yes... I understand."
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima shrugged as Catalina suggested she fly herself alongside the plane if they left. "You'd probably fit inside if you want to ride instead." She offered. "It is a small cargo plane after all." she continued. when Catalina described their intended destination she couldn't help but wonder aloud. "How are we supposed to get on ground there then? Do they have a runway on top of the mountain?"

She was next asked to keep an eye out for military or police vehicles. "It doesn't seem the military has found out about this incident yet so we may not find any of those. I'll keep an eye out for police vehicles, but for ammo I'd suggest a gun store personally." She replied as respectfully as she could before she turned her attention to looking for said vehicles.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

"Gun stores were likely raided. But you have a point. If you spot one let me know. If we dont see anything soon Im stopping at the police station. The SWAT may still be alive and if they arent they will have better guns. As well they have an armored vehicle with a dozen or so weapon stocks and body armor inside." She drove along quietly. She spotted the occasional police car that looked totally ravaged. Slowing down enough to look at it and see if there was anything inside.

"As for an air strip. yes there is one at the base of the mountain. Even if the village beside it is infected, we can get on the gondola up the mountain and be way ahead of them. The mountain is surrounded by overlapping cliffs. so i doubt anyone could climb it without the monks knowing about it. besides...its not just a shrine and small village up there. Its an outpost for my kind. Its a haven where mortal and immortal can coexist peacefully enough. But dont assume they dont know how to fight. under it all is a world war grade bunker. That's where we are going. Shelter with self sustaining food and water that can feed millions until this world ends. If nothing else it has a transponder we can reach out to others and find help. Even if it means calling on my enemies. They would likely love to say i told you so. but if it means you guys can stay alive, i'll deal with that."

It wasnt long before they came to what looked like a police blockade. Cars lined up behind baracade and riot turrents. "Dima, you are with me. Everyone stay in the van. lock the doors. if things are bad I'll get dima back here. but do not try to save me. You have my phone. Dima, if i die you take them to yamaha. if you get close you can make the call. my friends will know the number and know to trust you." Catalina got out and brought her rifle up. shutting the door she slowly stepped forward.

The place was creepily silent. Not even one of those things was around. A few dead officers and civilians. Looked like they all died fighting. But against each other or the things she couldn't tell. She tapped her safety off. bringing the gun up as she rounded a barracade. it was empty. But there were a few guns laying where the officers and civilians had died. taking a moment to pick the lock on the nearest police car. she opened it up. The rack was empty, but the trunk was still closed. She grabbed the baton and pepper spray. Opening the trunk she sighed softly. a couple shotguns and cases of ammo. "ok. we are in business. easy to use riot class shotguns. point, pull, repeat. I like it. Dima. go back to the van and make sure there is room in the back for this gear. I will bring it to you. lets try to do this quietly. Once we are ready to leave we can set one of these to roll down the street away from the way we want to go with its siren blasting. That should provide us some distraction. hey look.... gas cans. We can definitely use these. If I can find a siphon I can get us some fuel from any cars around here."

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Benjamin had technically stolen one of the employees' car, but who would care at a time like this? He was following the instructions on the GPS, growing closer and closer to Catalina and his nephew by the minute. He didn't know who this Catalina was, yet what he did know was that she had Brook. Family instinct had taken over and Benjamin was naturally terrified that Catalina would get him killed. If it came down to it, Benjamin knew what was in his heart.

He had driven past some horrible scenes on his way towards the bus. He had watched innocent people die, running after his car, only to be killed by the infected. All of this danger surrounding them, it was any clue why Fidel had survived. The doctor claimed that he had taken his car to the island and back, and that was what he drove to the phone company. However, something bothered him. Why did Fidel know to find him at the phone company? Was he bugged too?

Benjamin didn't have time to look and he didn't want to. It was a good thing that he had bugged Brook, and if he had bugged Benjamin, then Benjamin was glad for it. Yet another thing ate away at his mind. Brook would had to have been bugged before the outbreak. Why did Fidel know this was going to happen? Why had he been able to smile at him that morning? Had he not known the extent of the carnage? Had he not known exactly what was going to happen?

And, more importantly, did Fidel know who had done this?

The husky was determined to get to Brook. It was an interesting story behind their relationship. It wasn't just any old husky who had married Brook's vixen mother. It was Benjamin's brother. He was also a doctor, but Benjamin had no idea where he was. They had always worked at the same hospital, however, his brother, Nigel, had not attended the meeting that morning. He had been somewhere else, on call. Benjamin could only pray that Nigel had survived and was safe. The husky tried to hold back his tears, but they refused to be contained. And what of his wife and children? What of his sister, Kourtney?

The doctor felt full of rage, and slammed the gas. With a loud roar, the car soared down the street, eventually running over several dead bodies. He had to get to Brook!

It took a while, but Benjamin managed to catch up to them. As he pulled in, the short yellow school bus came into sight. The husky gasped, realizing that this was the vehicle he had been following. He couldn't see through the glass in the dark, yet he knew that Brook was definitely on board. He had the utmost faith in Fidel.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima nodded at Catalina's assessment of the likelihood of finding a gun store that hadn't been ransacked. She wasn't going to deny the possibility, but she wasn't going to give up on her idea either.

"Hopefully if the village is infected, the gondola will still be running." She replied as Catalina explained more about the village that was, for now, their ultimate destination.

They eventually arrived at a police blockade and Catalina brought their vehicle to a stop. "Ready to go." She replied as she followed Catalina out of the vehicle toward the police cars. "Hey, we'll all make it." She said softly, trying to be reassuring.

She held her weapon at the ready as she moved to one of the other police cars, she opened it up to find another shotgun and an assault rifle along with more ammo. "We got some in this one too, probably wouldn't hurt to check the rest." She said before she made her way back to their vehicle. She opened up the back, and shifted some of the other stuff around to make sure there was plenty of room.

As she turned from the vehicle to go back to Catalina and help carry the gear from the police cars, a car came round the corner. Dima had her weapon up, and finger on the trigger. She was about to fire a round when the car stopped. "We have company." She called to Catalina as she quickly moved up to the car, still ready to fire if the need arose. She stopped a few feet from the car, just to the rear of the driver's door and far enough away that the door couldn't swing into her. She waited for the car's driver to get out, hoping it wasn't one of the infected, but not willing to take the risk of lowering her weapon.