Luck Has Been Wished (Edwin)

Some one-thousand years into the future, Feila is now ruled by pop-crazy teenagers, computer nerds, and gun-wielding gangsters. This period is most like our present day Earth, specifically the 2000's, with the Internet, MP3 players, and towering skyscrapers. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
XLilli
Assassin
Assassin
Species: Cat anthro

Luck Has Been Wished (Edwin)

Post by XLilli »

Lilli steps up to Rosenthal high, nervous and slightly afraid. Her translator, Eclipse, walks next to her. Lilli sighs, possibly out of worry, possibly out of some kind of happiness. Freezing in her tracks, she wonders then if the kids will like her, if they will be friends with her. A light tap on the shoulder from Eclipse makes Lilli shake her head and walk on.

As Lilli enters the building she signs to Eclipse not to speak the next few words and then signs that she's afraid. Eclipse signs back that she was in her same situation, albeit not Deaf, worried about life beyond this point, worried that boys might not like her. She continues, signing that she got out of first year okay. Lilli smiles, walking to her locker and opening it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Look past the things you think you see. Move your head just a touch to the left- a glance in a world of perspectives- and then, you might see it: An entire universe in the corner of your eye.
Dana Cardinal.
You're - You are, your - belonging to you, youre - is not a word, yore - I dunnow
We become what we Behold:
We shape our tools, and then our tools shape us.
Char list: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7628
Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Re: Luck Has Been Wished (Edwin)

Post by Asyriel »

Nicolette had gotten a ride to school from her older brother who was a senior this year. It had been that or walk, and as they walked through the halls, and he brought up the topic of first days at school, she was starting to think she'd have been better off walking.
"First day of high school, big day." he said in deliberately casual tones.
She knew he was trying to get a rise out of her, but it didn't stop her from taking the bait. "Just don't." She replied, her ears folding back in a show of her annoyance.
"Remember what happened your first day of elementary." He continued as if he hadn't heard her.
She gave a small growl, and looked at the floor for a moment before lifting her head and responding. "I'm not five anymore Rick, why would you even bring that up?"
"what about your first day of middle school?" He shot back, grinning as he got the reaction out of his sister that he'd been looking for.
"Seriously?" She responded, "Don't you have something to do? Go away." She responded, shoving him as she did.
He laughed, and turned down an intersecting hallway. "Later squirt. Don't forget, I have plans after school. You're gonna have to call mom or dad, or find your own way home." He called as he headed off down the hall.

Nicolette heaved a sigh of exasperation as she looked down at the note card she had written her locker number on, then stopped. "Oh, should be right around here." She said to herself as she looked at the lockers. Hers was just a few down from where she had stopped, and just a couple away from Lilli's.

She waved to Lilli as she approached. "Hi." She said with a bit of a smile before working on getting her own locker opened up.
XLilli
Assassin
Assassin

Post by XLilli »

Eclipse translates to Lilli. She thinks: Oh god, someone said hi, this is gonna suck. Hopefully she's ok with me being Deaf... Then Lilli signs something to her. Eclipse, looking over to Niccole, says "She says 'Hi, What's your name?'"
Look past the things you think you see. Move your head just a touch to the left- a glance in a world of perspectives- and then, you might see it: An entire universe in the corner of your eye.
Dana Cardinal.
You're - You are, your - belonging to you, youre - is not a word, yore - I dunnow
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nicolette pauses for a moment, looking from Eclipse to Lilli and back a couple times with a look of slight confusion. She opens her mouth to say something, but thinks better of it. Another moment of thought, and the pieces start clicking into place and she stuffs all the knee jerk, and probably rude, questions into the back of her mind for now. She puts a warm smile on, and replies. "My name is Nicolette, but just call me Nicky." She pauses very briefly. "What's yours?" She asks
XLilli
Assassin
Assassin

Post by XLilli »

Eclipse pauses for a second, her tail flicking just enough to show slight annoyance. She translates to Lilli, taking a while at the part where the names are. Lilli also takes a bit of time signing back, before Eclipse says, motioning to Lilli, "She's Lilli, I'm Eclipse, her translator. Lilli's Deaf." She does pronounce the D in Deaf like it should be capitilised. She continues, saying the last bit dryly. "She's sorry this is taking a bit because ESL isn't the fastest language in the world."
Dana Cardinal.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nicky is a bit surprised at the display of annoyance coming from Eclipse, but doesn't say anything about it. She smiles and nods as she receives Lilli's name, and the bonus of her translator's name as well. Nicky's ears droops a bit in embarrassment when it's pointed out that Lilli is deaf. "It's nice to meet you. Yeah, I gathered that much after a minute. Sorry it threw me off so much." She replies in slightly subdued tones. She frowns a bit at the apology for the time required to translate. "It's nothing to be sorry about. It's not like it's something you can help." She replies before transferring several notebooks, and a few other supplies into her locker from her backpack. "What's your homeroom?" She asks, curious if they may have the same class.
XLilli
Assassin
Assassin

Post by XLilli »

Eclipse, translates to Lilli. Her tail droops a little and she signs to Eclipse, before she says: "She says There's no need to be embaresed. The people that should be are the ones that have to have that pointed out to them. And I'm in homeroom with Mr. Howard." Lilli checks her watch, gasps, grabs her stuff, waves bye, following it up as a hand sign, and runs off, slaming her locker with her tail on the way out. Eclipse says "She says sorry," following her out.
Dana Cardinal.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nicky smiles at the reassurance that she shouldn't be embarrassed for failing to grasp Lilli's situation as fast as thought she should. She pulls her schedule out to double check it when she finds out what homeroom Lilli is in, but as she's looking down she hears a gasp, and the metallic clank of Lilli's locker being slammed shut. "Shoot." She grumbles to herself as she realizes the time, and shuts her own locker. "Wait up." She calls as she jogs a little to catch up to Lilli. "We've got the same homeroom, I'll come with you." She continues as she works on catching up.
XLilli
Assassin
Assassin

Post by XLilli »

Lilli runs into Mr. Howard's classroom. She scoots into one of those desk/chair combo thingies as Eclipse sits, knees folded to her chest in front of Lilli. She hangs her backpack behind her chair and looks around. She thinks about what the other kids think of her. She waves shyly to some of the kids. Some of them stare at Eclipse, wondering what an adult is doing in front of a kid.
Dana Cardinal.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nicky shrugs when neither Lilli not Eclipse stop or slow down. One of them she knew hadn't heard, but she'd hoped the other would. "Oh well." She says to herself as she slows down. There's still enough time that she doesn't quite have to run, she'd rather show up right as the bell goes off than burst in there a few seconds early and out of breath. She makes it into the classroom just as the bell rings, and quickly finds herself a seat. She puts her bag down, and pulls out a notebook. She glances over at Lilli with a bit of a smile before turning her attention to the teacher, ready for whatever the day would bring.
XLilli
Assassin
Assassin

Post by XLilli »

The day goes by for the first few hours as any first school day, some introductions, some "What you know" quizzes. During recess, a wolf has her pinned against a wall, teasing her. Eclipse is nowhere to be seen, possibly on a bathroom break. The wolf taunts her, telling her "I'll let you go the moment you say 'Gold'" and taunting her about her disability. Nobody seems to do anything but watch. Lilli signs and yells "Help..." over and over, her voice cracking as she breaks down into tears.
Dana Cardinal.
Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Nicky, making her way to one of her other classes, notices a gathering of students around another pair of students. Normally she would just continue on, letting the faculty handle the issue, not wanting to stir up trouble for herself, but she notices who is being picked on and can't just walk away from this one.

She forces her way through the small crowd of students watching until she gets up next to the wolf. "Hey! Let her go!" She says forcefully, hoping that the wolf would let Lilli go, and that would be the end of it, but knowing that it wasn't likely to go down like that. Nicky wasn't afraid of a fight though, after all she had four older brothers, and she was no stranger to a fight. Add on top of that the fact that she had been learning Jeet Kun Do since she was ten, and had participated in full contact competitions. If the wolf decided to pick a fight, they may be in for more than they bargained for.