Burning Rubber (CLOSED)

This is where all of the Age of Information role-plays are archived.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Burning Rubber (CLOSED)

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Catalina loved the rush. The thrill of roaring her car down the street at blinding speeds. Her car had one advantage that others usually didn't. She had been driving since cars were invented. The tigress swayed her tail, and purred as she pulled into the warehouse. Others were there, the usual crowd. She got out of her 1968 Nova, and shut the door gently. Sliding her paw over the finish as she walked forward, she smiled at those she knew. It was a regular occurrence. Usually three times a week, at night on an abandoned lot on the far side of York. She leaned against the hood of her car, looking at the competition tonight. There were the regulars, that knew she was top cat of the old muscle. The new comers, usually in high powered imports. She didn't always win, but she never really lost either. It wasn't just the money and fame. It was the thrill for her. That was her drug, and the succubus hung onto it like it was her last strand of life.

She noticed cars come and go, always keeping an ear to the police scanner in her car to make sure she didn't get caught in a bust.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Sponsor

RavenFire487
God
God
Species: Canine

Re: Burning Rubber (CLOSED)

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese pulled into the large industrial complex, she had only heard of this event the night before and couldn't wait to come and test her skills and one of the three new additions to her rather large garage. It took her quite some time but she eventually decided on her newest Ferrari, she pulled it into the warehouse and parked next to Catalina's nova, the retractable hardtop folded up as Ivelese exited her 2012 Ferrari 458 Spyder, she leaned on the front of her car and looked over at Catalina "Are there always this many people?" Ivelese asked Catalina as loud muscles and Japanese imports drove in out through the large garage doors, with an occasional low cost exotic rolling in.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina laughed softly. "You must be new. no one's here yet. Just give it a little while and the crowd will get into full swing." True to her word though, the crowd began to grow and grow. Within minutes it was packed, with only a narrow strip where people would race. Catalina was busy looking over the Ferrari, imagining its speed and horsepower.

"So....you ever race this thing before?" she asked as she leaned over and looked inside the car. Checking out the console and interior.

A few had gathered around her own car, chatting and giggling like school children. one even slid into the driver seat, starting the engine. Catalina, however, seemed unconcerned. They revved her engine and peeled her tires, but still the woman didn't flinch. One of them called at her. "Cat Cat! When you gonna let me race your car?" Catalina smiled and shook her head. "When you grow up!"
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"Actually no I've never raced this before." Ivelese replied, not minding as Catalina checked out her car "I actually just got this last night." she watched as a group gathered around Catalina's car, one even getting in her car and starting it up "That doesn't bother you?" Ivelese asked her, sort of chuckling at her response to the kid that wanted to race her car "And I heard this was street racing, so why is everyone in this warehouse?" Ivelese also asked, hoping that her question wouldn't make her look like an idiot.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina stood up, looking at the woman. "Well, you are new. Alright, most people around her know me, and know better than to take my car without my permission. So I don't mind them sitting in it and revving the engine. as for the warehouse, well its easy. So the cops don't crash our party. The air strip across the street over there is abandoned, so we use that to race. Just have to keep an ear on the scanners to make sure we don't get caught." Catalina walked back to her car, held up her arms and everyone around her got quiet, "Madame, Welcome....To Hairpin Haven!" There was a roar of engines and screaming tires.

As it got back to normal, Catalina motioned for the woman to follow her. "Come on. And don't fret your car, No one will bother it. We do have honor." Catalina turned and headed toward waht looked like a large food truck.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese shrugged and stood up, walking away from her car, following Catalina "So, when does the racing start, and how many people race at once?" she asked, wanting to know everything she could, after all if this turned out to be enjoyable enough it could be a normal thing for her, though unlike Catalina, no matter how long she was here, there wasn't a chance she'd ever let anyone sit in her car. But for now she just followed Catalina, looking at a lot of the cars parked throughout the warehouse, noticing that most of the asian cars were completely tuned, with body kits and decals, and the majority of the American Muscles had large blowers and drag style tires underneath them.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina brought the woman to the food truck. knocking on the side she smiled when the side slid up and a couple chihuahua's came out. hauling a cooler full of beer and sodas. Catalina grabbed up a Corona and popped it open. "2 to 4 cars race at a time. Races usually start in an hour. You can pick your opponent, but someone will challenge more than likely. Just don't play for slips. You'll lose fast. take Tony over there. That feline with the black markings around his eyes. His car can break 100mph in 3 seconds. Carlos here making the Tacos can make this big truck dance around your car in circles while you drive. No offense against your driving ability, but these people were racing before they were born."

Catalina held out a beer to the woman. "You can have any brew you want, so long as it's in that cooler there." Standing up, Catalina Roared out loud and clear. "LET"S PARTY!!!!!"

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese took a bit of offense, to Catalina's remark about her lack of driving skills, when Catalina held out the beer to her she quickly rejected "I don't drink." she said, she looked over at the feline that Catalina had mentioned, from where she stood she attempted to examined his car. Though since it was a black car, and the warehouse was dimly lit, she couldn't really see the car that well. She just looked back to Catalina wondering if she should stay where she currently was, or just walk back to her car
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

As Catalina was climbing down, a badger came up. holding up a bottle to Catalina he smiled. "Shall we dance?" the feline clicked her bottle to his and smiled. "yes...Let's dance...." Taking a sip, she turned to her companion. "Ivelese, care to ride with me this race? So you can see the route you would be driving when it's your turn?" Catalina's eyes had a faint glow to them. No one seemed to notice. The badger smiled and waved at them as he wandered off. "See you on the track kitty cat..hehe Meow!" Catalina's back went straight at that and her eyes lit up. SHe turned her head with a growl. "Ma'am....If you ride with me, do me a favor. Shoot that bastard the bird as we go past."

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"Oh, I don't know." Ivelese said, steppingback from Catalina's glowing eyes nervously "I'm not very sure if it would be a good idea for me to get involved with whatever just happened between you two." Ivelese then looked around as the starting of the first race was being announced, she became curious as to who was gonna be in it.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Cat nodded and spoke softly. "That .....ass has been trying to get in my bed for a long time. I'm gonna burn his pride after that remark. Find yourself a spot to watch." After that Catalina headed to her car. Pulling it into position, she looked at the badger. "Ok ass hole, that remark is gonna cost you. It's slips or $50K. No backing out, and loser pays towing costs. And if you cheat I'll spread your brains on the pavement." The badger lost his smile. gulping softly, he realized how far he had pushed the line this time. Catalina was forgiving, but he had brushed a nerve, roughly at that.

the guy on the megaphone yelled out, "Alright, JoJo against Catalina! Place your bets ladies and gentlemen." The badger had a 1987 Dodge Charger. It had mass airflow, but little other modifications. The car roared as the badger revved it. The announcer called out. "JoJo has over 500 horsepower with a triple mass air flow. He's hauling over 1000 lbs of torque. And in the Nova, you know her, you love her. Catalina's Dream Machine. 1200lbs of sequential torque with over 800 horsepower. Pushing the limits of modern internal combustion engines, she's a hell and a half. Looks like JoJo may lose his sweet ride tonight."

A young female panther stood between the cars. She held up a bandana over her head. "Are we ready?" Both drivers nodded, and she looked at the audience. "You all placed your bets?"

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese, not really one for gambling waved off the woman who came around to collect them from people, she could see the cars from where she watched, and could hear the announcer as well, after he explained the cars that were racing, along with the horsepower in both of them "Damn." said to herself "500 hp vs 800 hp, she's gonna blow the doors off that car." she then looked back to the cars, so she could see what the track course was like.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The Announcer called it out. "Ready....Steady..." The flag girl dropped her bandana and the Announcer let out a loud yell "GOOOOO!!!!" The badger floored it and his car jumped forward. Catalina's car stood up on it's back tires and lurched forward. Three feet of flames pouring from her tail pipes. They roared forward, pistons screaming and the scent of burning tires filled the area. They shot from the warehouse and toward the air strip. Catalina's trail clear as thick black lines on the pavement. For the first portion, they were even. Until there was a sudden scream. Like a jet engine blasting forward for take off. And Catalina's tail lights became little more than a tiny dot surrounded by a green glow. Then she came screaming back for the crowd. The badger hadn't even reached the turn yet.

Catalina slowed down, her car seemed to shiver. The Badger goosed it, giving his car all he had. The car caught up and passed Catalina. It was headed right for the warehouse. BUt there was a sudden sound. And Catalina's car came rushing forward on it's rear tires. Passing him and dashing across the finish line with a half a car length ahead. Catalina stopped her car, ten feet from the crowd. The badger stopped a short distance away. Catalina got out of her car, opening the hood and watching smoke billow out of it. "Fasku.... Broke a piston and cracked all the caps. I think the oil pressure went too high...cracked the block." the badger leaned over into her engine, "Damn....was it worth it?" Catalina snickered. "More than worth it. I got a spare engine at home. Besides....I got your car. You're walking home."

Moving away from her car, she ran a finger over the Charger. "Mmmm fine machine. Should look good in my garage. Keys, please." Catalina looked at Ivelese and motioned her to come closer. "What do you think? New paint, trim the inside with velvet and paint the rims a nice black. Think it would look better than this blue?"

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese slowly walked over, kind if curious as to why Catalina had picked her. After she listened to what Catalina asked, she shrugged "I don't know." she replied "I guess maybe it would" Ivelese was never really good with cosmetic changes. Which was why her cars often kept their stock look.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina laughed softly, and nodded. "later then. Come on, you probably have a few challengers. go out and see who wants to race that beast you got. Just don't beat them too hard." She winked and returned to her car. The smoke had cleared out and the damage to the engine was revealed. It was a wonder it was still holding together. Parts were burnt, melted, or just busted. "Damn, shouldn't have taxed her that hard on the start."

the tigress bent over in her engine, pulling out parts and cussing loudly. Finally at hearing the start of another race, she leaned back up. Grabbing her beer from the console, she stood on the top of her car and watched.