Burning Rubber (CLOSED)

This is where all of the Age of Information role-plays are archived.
RavenFire487
God
God
Species: Canine

Re: Burning Rubber (CLOSED)

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese groaned, obviously unhappy with the doctor's response to her question, as he walked off. Ivelese turned and looked at Catalina, just in time to see the expression on her face she laughed a little "I hate hospitals too." she looked around, then looked back at Catalina "Say, nobody's looking, we could just go while we've got a chance."

The woman headed to small wooden picnic table that was set up for public use when people had food, there were several cars around where she was sitting, but hers was much farther down the aisle, closer to the end. Once she sat down, she started eating "Say, these aren't too bad." she thought to herself as she ate.
Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Catalina shook her head. "I know how you feel. but give them a chance hun. Let them at least make sure you didn't break a couple ribs. You hit hard enough to crush part of your car. That would have jarred even me."

Ishimi stayed well enough away that she looked like someone just browsing the cars. She wanted to keep everything looking normal as she watched this woman. People that gave her the creeps usually made things very bad for her and her mother. She wanted to keep that from happening this time.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese looked at Catalina and rolled her eyes "Ugh, why do I finally have people that care about my well being?..." she muttered. She laid her head down and just looked at others in the waiting room, giving up with trying to get Catalina to let her leave, she looked up at Catalina once more "Why are you so hard to convince?" she asked

The woman finished her food, and took the empty container, she headed to a trash cam, and tossed it in the trash. After doing this, she headed back in the direction of her car, before reaching it though she stopped at a Mazda RX-8, she walked around it, admiring the car and the modifications that it had on it.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The tigress smiled with a soft purr. "Because I am very very old hun. You know that. Besides, I think you could do with a once over." The doctor returned with an orderly, "Alright, let's get you up to the X-ray room. A few pics, and then into a more private room where you can rest." he doctor said cheerfully.

Ishimi had seen enough now. She approached, "Your car? I must say it's nice. I'm almost jealous. Care to race?" My car is just over there if you want to look at it?" she offered with a smile.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"Ugh, fine.." Ivelese replied, giving up her hopes of getting to leave anytime soon, especially since she saw the doctor approaching "Fine." Ivelese sighed "I don't have to wear one of those stupid hospital gowns, do I?" she asked him

The woman looked up at her and smiled "Oh, no this isn't mine. I was just looking at it, it is nice though. My car is the red camaro down at the end of the row." she replied, pointing over to it "As for racing, I'm not really into that, I just come out here to look at other people's cars and show my own off."
RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"Ugh, fine.." Ivelese replied, giving up her hopes of getting to leave anytime soon, especially since she saw the doctor approaching "Fine." Ivelese sighed "I don't have to wear one of those stupid hospital gowns, do I?" she asked him

The woman looked up at her and smiled "Oh, no this isn't mine. I was just looking at it, it is nice though. My car is the red camaro down at the end of the row." she replied, pointing over to it "As for racing, I'm not really into that, I just come out here to look at other people's cars and show my own off."
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The doctor chuckled, "Oh I dont think that will be needed dear. Unless, of course we have to sedate you." Catalina followed. however she was stopped by a nurse at the hospital door. "Sorry ma'am. You can't go in there. Just have a seat right there." Cat frowned, but nodded and moved to sit. "Don't worry too much hun. I'm right outside the door." she whispered in Ivelese's mind.

Ishimi caught the meaning. "ah....so that car?" she said as she walked to it. Looking it over, she strolled round it. she didn't touch it, but grinned as she came to the hood. "Not bad. Stock, almost entirely stock. Bit of a blank canvas really. Not much to work with, but enough of a start it could be very good." she put a paw on the hood. Then it just popped up on it's own. Grinning she looked at the engine. "Ah yea....that would never beat me. Might be a ten second car if you towed it over the line. Or pushed it." She said, that tone rising in her voice. The tone of superiority. "Unfortunately....I know who owned this car.....so tell me cop....what in the twelve levels of hell are you doing here?" she turned on the woman, keeping herself between the woman and her car. "Don't even lie. I know when this car was impounded, you made the mistake of taking it from a friend of mine from college. He hasn't got it out yet.....mind telling me what you are doing here? snooping around? looking for something to write a ticket for?"

Ishimi moved toward the woman, though kept her hands at her sides. She flexed a bit, displaying the muscles under the fur. Ishimi had some strength to her. "I wont ask again woman....why are you here....."

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese turned her head suddenly and looked at the doctor "S-sedated? Why would I need that?" she asked, sounding kind of nervous. It was pretty obvious that she hadn't been to the hospital often, maybe she'd never even been to one at all. When she heard the voice in her head, she shook it a bit thinking she was going slightly mad.

The woman watched as Ishimi walked around the car. Her expression became one off offense as Ishimi insulted the car, saying it could maybe do 10 seconds if it was towed or pushed, though she quickly became a bit fearful, backing away from Ishimi neared her "What? I'm not allowed to enjoy a car show and a racing event just because of my job?" she asked defensively "You've got no problem with there being Paramedics and a fire crew here. So why do you have to make one with me?"
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The doctor smiled. "If you calm down we won't need to. Just relax and lay still." He walked behind the wall as the orderly pushed the bed under the x-ray. After a minute it kicked on and began taking images.

Ishimi took another step. "Because I have met enough cops to know one. My problem is that you people fear what you dont understand. You are terrified of the dark. The last cop that was undercover at a race shot at me and killed two of my friends. You wont get back up in time. So start talking before I start getting angry. Why are you here? What agency do you work for? And please try not to lie to me."

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"Oh, uh. Okay." Ivelese said nervously , she looked at the machine with a bit of fear. Mostly because of it's massive size, and not a complete understanding of what it did or how it actually worked "How long does this take?" she asked, sounding a bit panicky

The woman took another step backwards as Ishimi moved forwards toward her "Look, I don't want any trouble. I just came here to see someone, chances are you don't even known them, and if I'm a cop. Who else would I work for?" she a had a bit of a condescending tone with the reply to Ishimi's last question.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

"Only a couple minutes." came the reply. Then the machine turned off. "See...nothing to it. Alright. orderly, take her back to her room please, while I print these off to look at." The orderly came back, smiling as he opened the door and gently pulled her bed out. Catalina stood, and came to her side. "See...no harm done."

Ishimi reached behind her back, pulling a small .38 special from her waistband. "You see, the word cop means Community Oriented Policing. Unfortunately its a dead philosophy. So now the term simply applies to any and all forms of government law enforcement. CIA, FBI, NSA, DSA, State Patrol, County Sheriff, Local PD, Private Investigator.....I can go down the list. Hell I worked for a couple of them myself a long time ago...." she cocked the gun. "Answers.....now. If you try to run I will be all over you. I am way faster than you and I have your only car right here. Now then.....cop why don't you start talking...before I slit your throat and look for the words myself...."

Ishimi's tone hit a silkiness that was uncommon, and dangerous. Amadeas stood at a distance. He would stop the girl if she got out of paw. But at the moment, she was keeping her cool. If she were actually angry, she would have killed the woman by now. Then he noticed Ishimi's tail, it was pointing at the car, then at him then back at the car. She knew he was watching. She wanted him to check the car, and he knew why. Ishimi kept walking closer to the woman, "Don't back up...don't run away. These bullets are faster than you and I am a very good shot. Sharp shooter championship, fifty titles on my wall, I can hit a flea off a dog at a half mile with a BB Gun, no scope, no sights, and only one shot."

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"Oh, finally." Ivelese said with relief as the machine shut off, as she was taken out of the X-Ray room and she saw Catalina again, she turned and looked at the Orderly "So, is that all? Can I go now?" she asked him. She turned her head, and glanced at Catalina "It wasn't bad. I really don't like that machine they have though."

The woman looked at Ishimi "The only thing I've yet to tell you is who I work for, and that's no secret. I'm, as you referred to it, Local PD. I only came here to see someone, and I already saw who I came for. I was just getting something to eat, then I was heading home. So I'd like to go if you don't mind." the woman retorted honestly
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The orderly shook his head. "I can't tell you that. Only the doctor can say. But if you want to leave you can. I honestly wouldn't though. Car crashes are nasty. sometimes the damage cant be felt for days. When you do feel it, it's too late." Catalina put a paw on Ivelese. "Come on. Just a few more minutes. Give the doc a chance to see if anything is broken...after that I'll take you home myself."

Ishimi looked her up and down, before grinning almost sadistically. "Ok. who were you here to see?" Amadeas moved to the woman's car. looking it over he looked at the pair. Then he looked back at the car. turning his back to them. his eyes lit up a moment. Nothing magical about the car. Pure mortal tech. Good, that meant they probably were not interested in the family right now. Hearing Ishimi's question, the wolf moved in their direction. He was was curious himself. He wanted to know, but he wanted to be close in case Ishimi got mad.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese's face lit up with a bit of a smile, when she was told she could leave if she wanted, she kind of ignored his advice about not to, she had been just about to get up when Catalina started speaking "Fine." she said, losing the smile as she laid back down, she'd try to go, but it seemed like Catalina wanted her to stay, and she new very well that the woman had the strength to make her stay if she tried to leave.

The woman looked at Ishimi, a bit unnerved by that grin of hers "If you really must know, I came to talk to a guy here about getting parts for my own car at home, I've got a camaro of my own, it's a bit newer than this one though. If you wanna know why I brought this, I wanted something I could transport the parts home I without ruining the trunk of my own car." this was a lie, though the woman did say if very honestly and convincingly, she'd honestly come to see Ivelese, but the last thing she needed was for this girl to think her responsible for that accident.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina smiled, and took a seat on a stool as the orderly left them in their room. IT wasn't long before the doctor came in, "No broken bones. Just a mild stressing of the joints and some bruising of the muscles around your chest. Lucky you. Alright, I'm going to perscribe you some mild pain killers. Just go easy for a few days alright? Let your body recover. You got jostled around fairly well there." He scratched out a prescription and then signed her papers. "Just show those to the front desk when you leave."

Ishimi pointed her gun, "I told you not to lie. Forgot something did we? Scents. When you lie, you give off a scent. And I am close enough my nose can pick it up.....so I'll tell you my own secret before you die. If you were thinking of parts, you should have brought a truck. Because the trunk in these things is only big enough for a couple parts. unless you were looking for electronics, in which case you would have said so....." Amadeas moved in, putting his paw on the woman's arm. "Now now my niece....we are supposed to be have in your mother's absence. Now then young woman.....Might want to tell the truth. Ishimi here is very good at killing. I should know, we've done it many times. Though she has a certain grace about it....I wouldn't push her anger...." Agreal stood directly behind the woman suddenly. "I would do as he says. We spent a long time learning how to kill. Perfected it to an art to survive. And considering you seem to be lacking much in the way of weapons and defense....Three on one kills your odds. Oh and ...dont scream. Please, the noise is dreadful." HIs blood red eyes looked at her with a deep gaze. There was more to them than they let on.