Burning Rubber (CLOSED)

This is where all of the Age of Information role-plays are archived.
RavenFire487
God
God
Species: Canine

Re: Burning Rubber (CLOSED)

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese looked around the plain, neutral colored room, everything in the room was shades of white, it felt so cold in the room. This was one reason she hated hospitals, she'd been in them a few times with other people, and they always felt this cold. If she was ever had to lay somewhere, she would greatly prefer her own room, with all the warm, light colored woods. When the doctor came back into the room, and told her that there were no serious injuries, she was relieved to say the least, once the doctor had handed her the prescription and signed her papers, she looked at Catalina "Ok, well. I'm alright, so let's go!" she said, standing up, she headed to the door of the room and opened up, she was surprised how close they were to the main lobby.

"Hi, excuse me m'am we're with the Edwin Police Force, we've received reports that someone we're looking for was recently injured. Mind telling us if they're here?" came a mans voice "Oh, why of course not. Do you have a name you're searching for?" the receptionist asked "The name is Ivelese Elton." came the man's curt reply "Huh, let me look." Ivelese froze when she heard the officer's voice, and upon hearing her name, she quickly closed the door, and locked it. She turned to Catalina, eyes wide and obviously terrified "W-what do we do?" she asked the woman, her voice wavering.

The woman backed away from Ishimi a bit more, scared by how well she was easy to tell that she had been lying. When agreal came up behind her, that honestly scared her just about as much as the death threats "Please, I didn't come here to hurt anyone. I was only doing my job. I just do this because I need to support my family..." she said, her eyes starting to water
Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Cat narrowed her eyes. "I dont want to start shooting in a hospital. Guess we have to hop out of here." Her eyes glowed faintly. "Remember I told you I was 2000 years old? I'm immortal. A demon. Just hold still." She put a paw on Ivelese and both of them vanished. Reappearing in the woman's home. "Might want to pack your bags hun." She said.

Agreal whispered, "we believe you. But we wong stop her unless you start talking. Ishimi there tends to get upset when people get too close to us. And that gun is loaded. So unless you want to try catching a bullet I suggest you start talking dear." Ishimi close the gap. "We can always use other means to make her talk. Agreal.. if she refuses to talk bite her. Let her see how being a vampire works for her."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"Yea, I don't really remember you telling me that, why do you..." she was cut off as Catalina put her hand on her shoulder, and the hospital room suddenly became a room in her house. Ivelese looked at Catalina "Pack my bags? Because of the guys at the hospital? Oh, I'm not worried about that, I seriously think they only tried to get me there because they figured I'd be in one place for awhile and it'd be easy to keep me there. They'd never come after me here, too many people willing to openly protect me live around here. Cops would never be able to get me out and stay alive."

"What do you mean? I didn't come here looking for any of you! She came after me!" she cried out, her voice a mixture of fear and anger "W-wait, what do you mean bite me? You can't be serious about this." her voice wavered she was definitely afraid, though confusion did overlap the fear pretty heavily.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina nodded softly, "Let them figure out how you got out of there then. I have to tend to a few matters of my own. I sense my daughter is about to rip some poor woman apart. Give me a moment dear. I will return shortly with your prize." Catalina vanished orm existance, leaving only a soft mist behind.

She reappeared behind her daughter, looking a bit ticked, "What is this about then?" Ishimi didn't turn, but kept her gun on this woman. "Cop....nosey little stain of one too. I wanna grease her, but I'm trying to figure out who she is working for and why she is here. She won't give me a straight answer. I was about to have Agreal over there give her a bite just to see if she's willing to talk after that." Catalina put a paw to her face. Then coming to the woman, she picked her up with one paw by the front of her shirt. "Never speak of this. You were never here, we were never here, You will never come back, if you see us on the street you turn and run the other way as fast as you can. You quit your job, take your family, and move to Gawain or something. Never return to Edwin again.....am I clear? You happened across a small group of ones like myself. We are very secretive and normally we kill people like you right off the bat. But we are gonna be nice today and let you live, provided you run for your life and never return. I happen to own a very powerful company with very influential friends. I can make your life hell, or I can ensure you never have to worry for the rest of your life. now.....get....lost....." She dropped the woman and moved toward the boys and Ishimi. "Daughter, get the cars in the trailer. Boys, pack up our stuff. I'm going to drop this beauty off with Ivelese and let her admire how much fun it will be to drive it."

Ishimi shot the woman a glare that said beat it, as she tucked her gun back in her waist band. Then she sauntered off, swaying her hips with a walk that screamed tease. Her tail swishing as she began to hum.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"For all they know. I left just moments before they got there." Ivelese replied with a slight laugh as Catalina disappeared. Remembering that her Aventador and Edonis were still up at the festival, Ivelese wandered through her house to her garage. She opened up the touchpad and called the two super cars to come home.

The woman started to doubt her sanity as a woman appeared behind the one threatening her with the gun, after Catalina gave her the threatening instructions, and the group walked off, she stumbled over to her own car, and leaned against it. Still trying to process everything that had just happened, despite all her confusion, she was sure of three things, she wasn't quitting her job, she wasn't moving, and she was definitely taking about a week off after this.

As Catalina and the others were packing up, Ivelese's cars drove past, rumbling lowly as they headed towards the gate that led to the road back to the city.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The family watched the cars leave, even as Catalina sat herself in the car that Ivelese had one. "Meet you all at home. Please take care." They waved at her, and soon they were pulling out. Maria and Devina had come back and were packing up with them. Catalina closed her eyes, and soon she and the car were outside Ivelese's home. Cat got out, walked to the door and rang the bell once.

Waiting to be let in, she took a moment to think. Ishimi was upset, that usually meant a threat she percieved. The woman herself was no threat, but the people she worked for might be. That was usually a bad thing. Or maybe she was just a nosy cop looking for drugs. Either way, she would have to get through Cat to get to any of them now. Catalina did know one thing. It was time to stop using the shadows to hide. better to face your enemies and make them look mad, than to hide and give them ideas.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese heard the bell from her living room, and got up, she headed through her house towards the front door to answer it. When she got to the door and opened it, the main gate creaked behind them, as the sensors on the two cars were picked up by the gate. The cars drove around the back of the house to the entrance of the garage, once they were out of range of the gate, it groaned again as it shut itself "Huh, nice to know that program works well. " she stated, when she noticed the car she smiled "Oh, you brought me the car. Thank you, but honestly. I only wanted to beat him to wipe that stupid smile off his face. I've got about 4 F355's in my garage, you're more than welcome to keep it though, or you could give it to Ishimi and let her drive it. " she smiled, the look on her face showed she meant what she had said.

It took the woman awhile to finally gain her composure enough to drive, she headed back through the city to the police station, to drop the car in the impound lot, and pick up her own car to head home.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina laughed softly. "Oh that's a good idea. I think I'll have it painted for her. A nice pink color with silver tiger stripes sounds better." She hugged Ivelese. "You stay safe. I have some matters to attend to. Oh and please, call me some time. I would love to go shopping with you some time. I think we could have some fun."

The tigress took a bit longer to say bye, before getting in the car and vanishing with it. Finally home, she left the car in the garage and headed upstairs. Living in your own corporate headquarters has advantages. Like how the central computer could easily be accessed to see what everyone was doing. Including Ishimi. Searching the police database.

Cat got up and walked to her daughter's office. Ishimi was dressed in a business suit now, typing away. "Looking for that woman?" Ishimi only nodded. "And if you find her?" "I'm going to scare the hell out of her. I think showing up at her door and carving her name in the door frame should be enough to get the point across. Or if push comes to shove, I can always send someone to pick her kid up from school and drop them at home with a note letting her know how easy it is to get to her." Catalina pressed her lips. "This isn't a game Ishimi. Be careful whom you make angry. Even our influence does not extend to the very edge of the world. There are other companies out there that want to destroy this one. Once they take this place down, we can only go to Inferno."

Ishimi paused, "Then I can visit her in her dreams. Every night until she runs way. Or I find out who she is working for and why they are so interested in the races. People like that only mean one thing. Problems. I have had enough problems mother. Over 1000 years of them. I have seen war and so have you. Why can't we just bump off one more to bring ourselves peace of mind?" Catalina sighed and walked to her daughter. Hugging her she whispered, "Because....that would make us no better than common hellspawn. let them be for now. If problems come, you can tell me 'I told you so' and handle it your own way. until then, please jsut let it go. It may be nothing." Ishimi sighed and nodded, turning off her computer. "Alright mother."

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese smiled, though she couldn't help but inwardly shudder a bit at the thought of a pink Ferrari, then again she was a traditionalist, and ever Ferrari she owned was either the classic Ferrari red or yellow. Sure, it was kind of boring, but those were the two main Ferrari colors from the start, and those were what she stuck with. She hugged Catalina back "Ya know, that does sound like fun. But you seem to have a lot of things to do, I rarely have anything to do, so perhaps you should call me when you're free."

After Catalina had gotten in the car and disappeared, Ivelese remembered that her other Ferrari was still up at the drag strip, she walked back into her house, and after a few minutes on the phone, a truck was headed out there for it.

The other woman meanwhile, had gotten back to the precinct, returned the impounded car. Then she put in for her time off, the captain approved her immediately, and have her two more weeks then she asked for "That was a risky job, take a bit longer to recover miss Brooks." the captain said in a rough, but caring voice. She accepted without hesitation and pretty soon made it back to her modest little home outside the city. She immediately went into her room and collapsed onto the bed since her kids were out with their father, she had the house to herself, and she fell asleep rather quickly.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina moved to her desk, checking over some paperwork. She was worried herself. she picked up the phone. "Tech support please." There was a moment before the other end picked up. "Yes. this is Catalina. I need you to do me a favor. Access the security feeds for the city hospital nearest the location was earlier today. I want the ER lobby security feed specifically. Send it to my computer, and also see if you can match it to Police files for employees. Yes, national level. Thank you."

Cat herself had no intentions of acting until something happened. But it was better to be safe than sorry. Her thought was that the poor bugger would come looking for everyone that was involved once things got around. Cat and her family were not well known, but they had connections everywhere.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

The footage of the ER at the hospital ran through pretty smoothly, most of the footage was just patients going back, or waiting and friends or family coming in to check up on them. The two officers that had come in were far from special agents, rather they were pretty much beat cops, having only been sent in to find out if she was in fact there. The reason for this was the the Police had no idea where Ivelese had gone, only knowing she had been sent to a hospital. So they sent low ranking officers out city wide to check all the hospitals and personal care centers to find her.

Back at her house, Ivelese's F40 had just come back from the track, on a flatbed "Wow, that is some serious damage, I really hope I didn't ruin anything on the frame." she had the guy drop the Ferrari off in her workshop, then after he left, she went back inside to relax. The whole thing with the cops didn't really worry her anymore, she had only been concerned that she was gonna get caught there.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Cat made note of their faces, and badge numbers, then moved off the computer and headed for the door. time to go back to work, she thought. moving toward the the board room, she took time to think on what was the business of the meeting. After it was over, it was well after dark. The feline moved toward her office. her personal quarters were attached to the side. As she moved to her bed, she paused to look at her laptop. Looking over the weather, news, etc, she sat and then reached down to a mini fridge. bringing out a can of soda and a pack of cheese. She sat just snacking as she watched the news.

((ok. what next?))

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese had decided to spend the day working on her car. It started out pretty slow, but throughout the day she was able to get things done gradually quicker and quicker. By the time nightfall had come around, she had removed all the body panels the Ferrari. The front bumper rested against the wall, as did the large hood and the left and right fenders. Removing all the body panels gave her the result she was hoping for, the damage from the crash was only cosmetic, she hadn't damaged the frame at all.

She closed the doors on her body shop, and headed back into her house, in her room, she grabbed her laptop and sent a request in to Ferrari, asking of there was anyway she could get them to make her the front clip, hood, and fenders for an F40. Hopefully they could, she really wanted to repair that car.

(I'm honestly not to sure where to take it from here.)
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

((alright then. lets make a couple more posts and close this thread down then.))

Cat had fallen asleep where she was. Her tail lazily flicked back and forth as she snoozed, waiting for the day to get over with. It was well after midnight when she woke up. Stretching, she looked at the clock and sighed. Her stomach growled loudly, complaining about the lack of food. Heading out into the hall, she knocked on Ishimi's door. The young woman was up, thankfully. "Come on. Local burger joint is calling my name. Let's get some grub and head to the mall for the night. I wanna burn some money for no reason."

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese didn't have very much trouble falling asleep after the events of the day, some time around 1:30 though, her phone rang, Ferrari had called her to tell her they could do the order and ask about specifics, such as car color, etc. After finishing the phone call, she grumbled "Friggin awkward time zones." she then laid back down, trying to fall asleep, her body didn't seem to want her to, however, and she just kind of laid there, staring at her ceiling "Great, and now I can't go back to sleep. Fan-tas-tic." she groaned sarcastically