Lest you entertain angels unawares...

This is where all of the Age of Information role-plays are archived.
Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Re: Lest you entertain angels unawares...

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Catalina smiled and gently ruffled Syme's hair. Then she caught Zephyre's heated question. "We could go right now if you want to die that badly. I'm fairly sure Vanessa has a already picked out how she want's to kill each and everyone one at this table." He tone was not chiding, but more contemplative. "By now she is half cubi, or fully sired. meaning that she would need to feed, and would probably use us as food, once she gets her entertainment out of us. As it stands, we'll all get killed within a few moments of hitting the realm. We have to keep everyone separated...."

She saw Vaughan moving the staff toward Amadeas. She hesitated, but as the staff touched him, the crystal at the end began to glow brightly, almost like a small star. She had to shield her eyes and hope it didn't draw too much attention. Then the glow faded. Amadeas was unnerved by it but unhurt. Catalina came forward slowly, gently taking the staff from Vaughan and running a finger up the length of the aged wood. "That....should only happen in the presence of Tellissa herself......" she said. She looked at the wolf, who's face was confused, but for a brief moment the red vanished from his eyes, leaving them a bright vibrant green she hadn't seen in a long time. Then the red returned, as Amadeas put a paw to his face.

"I was one of her Angel's. it may just respond to that...." he muttered. Catalina nodded, but the look on her face said she thought otherwise. "Vaughan, you take Syme, The other horsemen, and Amadeas. I'll take Conrad, Zephyre and the anarchist there. Agreal, You take care of Boris....Conrad, you and Zephyre chase vanessa into a tower or the throne room. I'll seal the realm and keep everyone there so no one gets away. After that... I'll deal with my grand mother and join in in handling Vanessa. I have a few questions I want to ask her."

The tigress then stood, and looked to the others. "Everyone, please be careful. And whatever you do....pray." Amadeas stood. "When we get to the arctic, I have something to attend to first. Once that is done, I'll signal Catalina and we can begin. This has to be timed perfectly. We mess up, we are screwed. Syme, Dr. Carl, Famine.... I know how you feel about weapons, but your own means are pretty worthless against Shiba. Swords are barely effective. Fortunately, a long time ago Cat and I took a little liberty to make something for such an occasion as this. You may find them to your liking....." he brought his tail forward, and lay it on the table, reaching into the fluff, he brought out a three foot wide, six inch thick wooden box. The kind you keep valuables in. setting it down, he removed his tail from the table and opened the case. Inside was just empty blackness. "I take most of my armory with me.......just in case." He brought out what looked like over/under shotgun pistols, but running along the under and top sides were blades. each was solid black, with silver engravings inlaid into the barrels. "These don't work like regular guns. You dont just drop a shell in them and pull the trigger. These work more like mage staves. For example, Doctor, your weapon is the syringe. Try loading one into one of these and pulling the trigger. The charge is magic based. each gun works like a breach action. So when it fires it basically flings whatever you load into it. You could, par say, give some one a literal shot from fifty feet away. But you only get two shots and have to reload. If you want, you can load spells or powers into them."

He set the guns out, and sat back in his seat. Catalina looked at the things, half proud of her work, half disgusted that it would have ever need be made....

~~~

Devina grinned and leaned against the bedpost to watch. Boris was more than happy to oblige. Moving to the bed and forcibly taking the woman under her arms and bending them back to restrain her. Putting pressure and weight enough to keep her from kicking her legs too much. Though not that it would have hurt Vanessa at this point. Vanessa was easily twice this woman's size now, and much much stronger. The husky took a sniff of her hair, grinning and growling deeply. "Oh she smells delicious......" he whispered.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514
Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

*Sigh* "Fine..." Zephyre settled back down, knowing perfectly well that Catalina was right. She had just about had it with the way that Vanessa managed to do all sorts of horrible things and get away with it, to the point where even acknowledging any sort of helplessness on their part to stop her was painful. To have come so far and lost so much... she certainly didn't want to die to her, though. And as for Conrad...
She looked over to her mate, suddenly seizing him in an embrace. It was a very real possibility that she could lose the one good thing that had happened to her in recent years. "Stay by me." She implored him in a whisper, and he nodded and kissed her between the ears.

Vaughan looked over to them, moved and a little envious. At least they could stay together, whatever happened. He and Catalina would be even farther from the ends of the world from each other, and could only hope and pray that they would see each other again.

Doctor Carl took a hold of the syringe handed to him, looking over it. "Can I keep this? You would not believe the trouble we get with making soldiers take their anthrax shot. I've seen grown furs cry, it is embarrassing." He had a specially made serum which he loaded in, though whether or not it would work, he hadn't any way of testing beforehand.
Famine, shook his head when offered one. "I'm a support class, remember?" And he pulled out a keytaur, strapping it on with a grin.
Conrad couldn't help but remark, "Does that thing actually melt faces?"
"Yep." Laughing, the Akita took his place next to Syme.

Soon, all the parties were ready. Vaughan gave Catalina a kiss goodbye. "God willing, we shall all return." The wolf then took his place with the horsemen and Amadeas, ready to head off to the Arctic.

~***~

While the elf/kitsune woman might not have been fully aware of what was going on, she must have known be now it couldn't be good news. Vanessa's eyes as she looked down upon her helpless victim would have been clue enough, if the husky holding her from behind wasn't. The wolfess licked her chops, whispering to Boris, "I'll be sure to save you a taste..."

Methods of feeding actually differed from cubi to cubi. The actual extracting of the soul usually involved killing or violating the body somehow, sticking a blade in it was usually enough to start the process. At their leisure, there was considerably more variety that could be brought into it, however. Vanessa's method drew upon her Dhampyre heritage. She put a hold around her victim, licking tenderly over her neck as the hybrid's heart began to race. The wolfess drew it out, right up to the point where the half-kitsune realized just what was going to happen to her, and had opened her muzzle to scream-

Vanessa bit down, drinking in the woman's blood, along with her soul. The scream seemed to freeze on the point of escaping the victim's throat as the light faded from her eyes. The taste was esquisite, to judge from the Dhampyre cubi's expression, and moans of pleasure. She suddenly let go, springing over to Boris as she kissed him deeply, letting him taste the remnants of blood in her mouth. "So... what do you think of her, eh?"
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length
Catalina Tamiko
King
King

(amadeas laid out guns hun. he told Dr Carl to try loading one of his own needles into it. Ever seen Bayonnetta?)

Catalina nodded softly, "When we do, I'm taking you to the old forests of Edwin. We can lose ourselves for a few days." leaning down, she brought her nose to his neck and hugged him. Letting him join Amadeas group, she watched the wolf transport them away.

Amadeas arrived outside his home, what was once his father's home. "Everyone come in. I have to get something...." He walked inside, moving to the place where his father once used as a study and retreat from the world. Opening the door, he walked past the racks of weapons and shelves of books. He came right to a small pedistel with a locked case top the top. opening the twelve locks, he brought out a small, faded book. "I can't do the containment spells anymore....You'll have to Vaughan." Then he brought out several small charms. "Tellissa made these herself....there should still be enough power in them to at least protect us some....Put them on you somewhere...." He closed the case and moved to them, letting them each take a charm.

Finally amadeas moved to a shrine. It was dusty, cold and silent. Having been ignored since his father's death. Now, Amadeas took a moment to blow the dust away, and light a few of the candles. Once done, he set the incense to burning on both sides. The image of the warrior wolfess clad in armor, offering her paw to the person looking at her as if to help them up.

~~~

Catalina and her group arrived in Tamiko realm, on the roof of one of the factories. Catalina pressed her lips. "This used to be houses....and a park for children...." Kneeling down, she set about the task of fixing the barriers of the realm. Not much, not drastically. But that lovely little tweek that was so subtle it may as well not have been done. Like changing a single digit in a combination lock. It only takes that and the lock is sealed again.

After that she shed her cloak and sat. "We will know when amadeas and the others have Shiba distracted. Once that happens, Bari will destroy the shrine with that first shot. While they are trying to figure out what happened, we move in. There is a servant's entrance on the west wing first floor. There is where we should get inside. After that, be prepared to kill anyone you see. It's not something I relish in, but there is probably at least 100 bewitched or otherwise controlled servants between us and vanessa. Including my grandmother and Boris. Agreal, you handle boris. Get in close enough to hurt him, but far enough out that he cant freeze you solid. Conrad, you and Zephyre need to stay with me until we find Devina. Once I have my grandmother, Find vanessa. Keep her distracted. shoot at her where it's gonna hurt. knees, elbows, wings and the like."

Agreal looked at Catalina as she reached into her boot and brought out the same over/under sawn off she had packed before they met the others. "What are you going to do?" Cat threw open the breach, loading a pair of solid gold casing into the barrels before slamming it closed, "Me and my grandmother have some unfinished business to handle tonight. As much as I love her....she's always been closer to the dark side of our nature. It is time I take back what I gave her. No doubt vanessa has some amulet of her own now. If you can get a shot off on it, do it. Shatter the damn thing. It might not lower her power, but she would certainly have to be more careful about using magic. Without a steady supply of souls to use....she'll find herself out of energy very fast.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

(No, I haven't actually. That's what the doctor did anyhow.)

Vaughan was no skilled magician. He took the book and charms with trepidation, putting them on his person while he read through the book. "I may need your help with this Syme, and... Famine, was it?"

The Akita moved over to look over the wolf's shoulder, clicking his tongue. "Probably ought to do that in the key of G-major... yeah, I can help with that. Oh, and since we may not, you know, get out of this, you may as well call me by name."

"Oh?" Vaughan looked up. "What is it?"

"Lee." Famine was aware that the monosyllable was anticlimatic, but he could only shrug. "Never said it was an impressive name."

Syme and Doctor Carl, meanwhile, were standing by Amadeas. The otter was looking up at the statue with an inscrutable expression on his face, while the golden fox was helping to dust off the shrine. "I have often wondered what became of souls in the afterlife of a dead deity." Syme mused, thoughts growing rather morbid under the influence of things to come. "Are their spirits turned loose to wander, or is it simply that their deity joins them?"

~***~

Glad that things were finally in motion, Zephyre had a little more patience with the final phase of waiting. She ran her tongue over her fangs, sparks of shadow energy streaming off her claws. Ready for battle, she knelt down, ready to spring to her paws at any second.
Conrad checked his guns for the sixth time, it must have been. Still, better to be paranoid now than unprepared later. "I will have no problems causing pain, let me assure you."

~***~

Vanessa was just licking the last of the blood off her lips when she sensed a change in the realm barriers. She looked puzzled for only a second, before a grin slowly spread itself across her features. "They're here..." She rang out in a sing-song voice, before springing off the bed, barking orders.

"Right, Devina, you get outta dodge. I don't think you'll be able to get out of the realm undetected, so lie low in the hinterlands, away from the palace. Don't worry about me, I've prepared for this moment. Boris, you rouse the harem and the guards; get them to their assigned rooms. Make sure you do it quickly, so that you don't get caught in my defensive spell matrix, alright? Let's move it!"

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Amadeas nodded softly and smiled, "I like to think they get reincarnated as a mortal...just so that they can see what it's like to be use for a while...." He turned and headed for the door. "Come on. let's get to this."

He led them outside, well away from the village to an open field. The snow was fresh, and deep enough that their boots sank in a couple inches. "This is as good a spot as any. make the area big enough we can fight in. But until we are all dead, she can't leave. That should buy Cat and the others enough time to finish on their end and stop this rubbish." Though in his mind he was wondering just what would happen if they did stop it. would it happen again? Or would Shiba learn her lesson and stop trying this?

~~~

Catalina's ears perked. "Activity...look." The whole palace was coming alive now. "Damn...she felt that. well, at least they can't get OUT of the realm. I changed the locks basically. It will take them years to figure out what word it was I changed." Agreal arched an eyebrow. "You can do that?" Catalina grinned, "I spent enough time here to learn how the sealing spells worked. All I did was change one word. No one in or out without that word. Even if we lose here....Vanessa can't get out without direct help from Shiba herself. But Shiba won't be getting back in any time soon."

The ferret chuckled, sighting in his weapon and looking down the scope. "I got the shrine in my scope....you want me to kill the priest?" "Destroy the statue of Shiba," came Cat's reply. The ferret looked up. "Are ye serious? You'm begging me to break a really sacred law in these here parts lassy." Catalina nodded, "I understand. I'll bare the brunt of that punishment myself. You just blow the head off that statue.....you have Corrodium slugs. Those are blessed with Holy magic, and even in Inferno, carry enough power to sever Shiba's bond. She can only enter a realm she has a Shrine in. So if we defile the shrine, they have to build a new one. After that, you keep moving from roof to roof. Knock out the windows and bust up any armor or weapons stocks you see. If you spot any of the harem, kill them." He nodded, "Aye lassy....I understand ye."

He looked back down the scope. Catalina covered her ears, and motioned the other three to do the same. The gun went off, with the same noise level as a Howitzer. Then the Ferret vanished, before the casing even hit the rooftop. Cat grabbed the others and made her jump to the next roof. crouching behind some pillars and watching. She saw the glass falling, but she felt the power of the realm cut in half. Shiba's presence was no longer felt. And with it, most of her blessings were ripped away.

~~~

Devina nodded softly and smiled to vanessa, "I know a place....I used to go there to nap. No one can find me the...." The distant boom, then the sound of glass shattering before she gasped, feeling Shiba's powers cut off. her blessings ripped out of the realm now. Her eyes went wide as she ran to the window. She flung open the curtains in top for the next shot to blow the window out in front of her. Screaming she threw the curtains back. Boris ran to get the harem into place.

Devina put a paw to her shoulder, there was a thin line over the flesh. That bullet had just barely grazed her. Any lower and she would be minus an arm. She looked at Vanessa, searching for some reassuring sign the wolfess had some control over the situation. That it was all part of the plan. Then her eyes drifted back, just over Vanessa's head on the wall directly behind her. There was a soda can sized hole into the next room, at a slight up angle. A shield had hung on that spot, now laying in pieces on the floor. "Enchanted Bullets...." she whispered.

Then another boom, followed by breaking glass and a blood curdling scream. One of the Harem girls was laid in the floor, Boris trying to crawl to her to avoid being hit through the open window. She was clutching at a hole in her gut the size of her fist. Behind her was most of her innards on the floor. Her life faded out, taking with it a tiny portion of Devina's power, and sending a surge of sorrow through the demoness.

Catalina grinned softly, "Good lad. Keep them busy for us. Make them think there are twelve of us...." Agreal couldn't say he shared in the cubi's bloodlust to destroy everything her grandmother cherished, but she understood the reason behind it. The fastest way to get to Devina was to go after what she cherished most. Her harem. Then he felt it. Someone was close, "My daughter....." he turned and raised his gun, firing a round on reflex. Maria ducked the bullet, but still winced. She knelt slowly by them and looked at the group. "YOu should have never come here.....You should have sent Paradiso to end this..." Catalina gently hugged the older cubi, and leaned her down against the pillar. "Stay here mother....rest. I will finish this for you. We are not alone....." She reached for Maria's amulet and removed it, casting a sleep spell on her mother at the same time. With the older cubi asleep, Catalina tucked the Amulet in her armor for safe keeping."This ends tonight. By my paw or another's this ends tonight....Tellissa be with us." she whispered.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

There was an odd sensation creeping over Syme, like he could see himself in both first and third-person views at the same time. It made, he had to admit, for a good tableau, worthy of the great painters. Five figures, black coats against a white field; the Horsemen of the Apocalypse on a mission of death, riding out against the deities themselves. This would not end until their success... or their demise.
"I am ready." He said, as much to reassure himself as others. The golden fox stepped out, as Lee played the songs of summoning upon his keytaur. "Shiba, come forth, and we shall have words with thee."

Vaughan had stepped out beside him, ready to address any opening blows that the wolfess would bring against them.

~***~

Conrad grinned at Barius, having to chuckle at the idea of an anarchist worried about laws. "Oh, don't worry. I've defaced a dozen temples in my time; never been struck by lightning yet!" The hybrid wasn't an atheist, insofar as he never denied the actual existence of deities, but he didn't believe in any more than he could throw them. Which wasn't far, obviously.

Zephyre, attuned to darkness as she was, could also feel the impact of the destruction. The ambient energy dipped significantly, which would hopefully redress any inequalities in their favor. The vampiress made no comment to the rather undignified means of their transport, either. Anything to get closer to her hated enemy....

~***~

"So it begins... slightly ahead of schedule." Devina might have found something reassuring in Vanessa's manner. At the very least, the wolfess was far from panicking as she cast her first defensive measure. "There; I hope Boris has everyone in position now, and that they keep their heads. I've just dimensionally scrambled the palace; doors and windows no longer open to their usual rooms, and the connections scramble each time a door is used. I can control the connections at will, so I should be able to isolate and hut down the intruders. You'd better stay here; I'll keep them away from you."

Closing her eyes, so that the mental map of all the new connections burned itself into her mind, the cubi departed, the door taking her to the kitchens. "Now then, my pretties, where are you h-i-i-i-d-i-i-i-ng? Ahahahahahah!" Cackling, she strode from door to door, seeking out her enemies to destroy them.... the only question was, who would she meet first?

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

There was silence. Amadeas looked around, then looked at Lee, "You play it right?" he asked, before a red line drew itself down his muzzle. "yes...he played it right....hee hee hee" Amadeas smiled softly, even as the blood began to run down his cheek. "Hello again Shiba.....Nice of you to drop by."

The white wolfess materialized and smiled at them. Though not in a red dress as per usual. She wore bleed red armor, something akin to what Tellissa's body had worn. Her helmet was closed, hiding her face from them. Every inch of her body was armored. "I see....so the prodigal son returns... Oh how you have no idea how happy I am to see you... You know your father....such as he was, was very upset at your running away. Almost as upset was when I disemboweled him." She said, holding up her sword paw. her sword tip dripped blood lightly, where it had run over Amadeas' face. She slowly opened her visor, and as she did, the falling snow and wind stopped. Licking the blood, she made a face and spat it out. "So you did cure that little curse I gave you. Brought my sister back to life have you? Well such as it is, I would have missed her. But I will have to kill you all now. Pity, I rather liked you and Vaughan....."

Shiba looked at Vaughan, and then saw the staff. growling at it, she narrowed her eyes. "So...you are a Paladin of my sister. Otherwise that thing would have blown you half way wrong this wretched world...... I'll have to remember to break it when I finish with you...."

Amadeas cracked his neck, fingering his sword hilt. Shiba noticed the others, and then put two and two together. Her face went deadpan as she realized what was actually happening. This was no investigation. It was a distraction. She tried to reach out to Tamiko realm and found herself cut off. "Oh...shit" she said. Turning on them, Amadeas whipped up a 9mm pistol and began to let lead fly. running to the far side to keep Shiba focused on him and away from the others. The wolfess slammed her helm closed. The bullets, even made of Corrodium and enchanted, just shattered on impact. Her powers and armor were strong indeed.

~~~

Catalina murred and jumped them all to the roof. "No door up here, and I see she hasn't installed any Anti-Air guns yet. We are fortunate. She has some defense measures in place. Go slow and take your time. Do not announce your presence when we get inside."

The tigress drew the twin blades from her back, and moved to the sky light. drawing back, she cut it open and jumped through, landing in Vivian's bathtub. Vivian had been hiding on her bed. The least powerful of the harem, even her magic was worthless. But she was good with her paws, and Devina had kept her around for her mind more than anything. Seeing Catalina she screamed and covered herself with a pillow. The tigress ran and grabbed the vixen by the mouth. "SILENCE!" she hissed, "I let you live because i owe you one vivian. don't make me regret that.....get under the bed and stay there until I come to get you out myself." The vixen just nodded dumbly, terrified. Catalin returned and kicked the tub across the floor, sliding it to the door and jamming it against it. "Come on...I'll catch you." she said up at the skylight.

Devina had meanwhile teleported herself to the dungeons. What had once just been storage was now redecorated. She moved to put some distance between herself and the rest of the palace. Even as more windows exploded in and others were being murdered one by one. Most had realized there were snipers by now, and the half of the harem left alive were huddled where the window's could not see them. Devina was loath to leave, but she had to obey Vanessa. There was only one thing to do. If Catalina got to her, Vanessa was done for. She had to trust her mistress. Unfortunately she was so worried, she forgot she was giving away her position with her thoughts.

And Catalina had already locked on to her. Rather than risk trying to jump to Devina inside the palace, Catalina did something better. She sent out a small, telepathic message. A message to a side realm of Tamiko County. A realm only she knew about and had access too, where she kept someone that could help her. Something most of the modern weapons could not fight against. As she was waiting for Conrad and Zephyre, she sheathed her swords and prepared to catch them. But her ears and other senses were searching for what was going on elsewhere. Agreal jumped down, letting her catch him before moving to cover the door and stay away from it's firing path. He kept his gun trained at crotch level. pumping the shotgun attachment, he let his eyes go solid red. He could see into the hall through the wall. The moment someone opened that door, they were gonna get something nasty. Armor or not, shotguns kicked and hurt.

Barius had moved to a closer position, taking aim now at one of the barracks. Putting a full clip of 6 rounds through the window, he moved on to a new rooftop. He was getting nervous. This was just too damn easy. They were hiding, yes, but no one was shooting back. Not until well after he moved on. Moving back to his first position, he realized why. He jumped fast, barely avoiding the blast. They were tossing proximity mines to every where he had been. He was going to have to move beyond the range of their launchers. backing off a quarter mile, he set up on a roof top where he could see the courtyard. Each time he saw a head poke out, he popped off a round at them.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

If Shiba had been hoping that her little revelation would make things right with Syme... it was far too little and too late. His only reaction was a raised eyebrow and a smirk, when she practically confessed to being behind the murder of her sister. The boy detective had found his master criminal at last.

Vaughan merely stared her down. This was the first time they had really met, face to face, and there was nothing about her which made him in any way warm to her. In many ways, Shiba reminded the wolf of his sister, and that was hardly coincidental, all things considered. "I don't consider myself her Paladin, per se, but there are things all Paladins must fight, for the sake of all we stand for."

It wasn't long before Shiba figured it out; at the moment when Amadeas launched his first shot, Syme shifted his grip on his stick, holding it like a sword. And indeed, it turned into a blade in his hands, a metaphysical rather than a metal blade, the very essence of cutting. This was an ancient art of weaponmaking, known only to the Paradisian smiths; transcendent craftwork.

It was entirely coincidental that it looked like a lightsaber. "En garde!" The golden fox shouted, leaping at the wolfess when she turned her back to him. Vaughan was praying, gathering his power for later in the fight. Lee had just kicked into a battle support tune, filling his allies with energy, as Doctor Carl laid low, biding his time...

~***~

Vanessa smirked, as she felt Catalina enter through the Skylight. "Clever girl, I missed that one. Hm, Have to take care of that sniper first..." That part was relatively simple; she just keyed the windows so that anything that went in one window went out another, without hitting any fur inside. True, quite a few bystanders outside the palace might be killed, but that wasn't her fault, now was it? If the sniper wanted to kill bystanders, that was his issue. Heck, some of those bystanders might even stop him for her! *Never do a thing yourself if you can get someone else to do it for free.*

Now, for those intruders...

Conrad and Zephyre dropped down into the room, the former giving a little wave to Vivian. "Hi, don't mind us; we're just the scheduled palace coup!"

The vampiress walked over to Agreal, crouching down beside him. "So, we wait for the door to open, shoot the guards who come in, then go and secure the next room, destroying and killing everything? Sounds like a plan to me."

Once the door actually opened, it wasn't a guard, technically, but a panicked-looking maid, frilly dress and all. She was a pretty little mouse, and had obviously not expected to come into this room, let alone find what she did in it. She stared down the barrel of Agreal's shotgun, petrified in terror...

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Vaughan's efforts were not in vain, as Shiba engaged Syme and Amadeas simultaneously. Her speed seemed slower than it should have, and her blows struck with less force as they rang out against Amadeas' guns and Syme's own blade. But each time her weapon touched theirs it left a stain. And soon enough Amadeas tossed his guns, watching them vaporize on hitting the ground. "Damn it! Her blade is cursed!"

The wolfess spun, flourished her blade, and laid the flat side of it across syme's left arm. More as a joke than for harmful intent. "Ha ha...so is my armor...go ahead and touch me...." To prove her point she lunged at the wolf and grabbed his trench coat. He flung it off as it sizzled and crackled. HIs eyes flashed red, and then emerald green. "That was a gift from my mate.....you WILL pay for that."

Shiba only laughed and flipped back, up and landed herself a distance away. Laughing at them she opened her helm. "Oh for the sake of Inferno. If you can't fight better than that....let me out of here. I have bigger things to tend too." Amadeas growl was deep, guttural and violent in intent. He swung up his own pair of pistols like the ones he gave the others. Unfortunately Shiba moved to keep Syme between herself and Amadeas. Her movements were meant to keep the wolf from using his ranged weapons.

As the wolf tried to move to get a better shot, Shiba rushed. Phasing through Syme and grabbing Amadeas. She turned him and put her blade tip to his throat. "This ends now....Stand down, and drop your weapons....all of you. And Paladin...stop chanting. I have spilled the blood of enough angels to know how to make them really suffer." She gripped his neck tighter, making amadeas let out a strangled yelp. His arm moved on reflex as turned the gun backward. He fired it off, knocking Shiba back fifteen feet and making her drop him. She screamed in pain, as Amadeas dropped and gasped for breath. Shiba stood, clutching at a hole in her armor. Amadeas' weapon had punched a hole in her chest plate.

"How....." Amadeas stood, "Corrodium shells enchanted to penetrate armor spells. Hardest known metal in the fifty realms that have names....blessed by my father. You wont have any chances here Shiba. I had a back up plan from day one." The wofless sword as she closed her visor. "So.... were you on to me then? did you know that by converting you it would weaken Tellissa? Robbing her of her most precious child?"

Amadeas glared, "No...but thanks for the head's up." Shiba laughed at him, removing her helmet completely. "you dont get it do you.....You are as stupid as Vanessa. Tellissa isn't just your spiritual mother...." She smiled cruelly at him, licking her lips as his face twisted in anguish. "SHe took a mortal form. She loved your father....took him as her only mate. And bore a son. A single child, born of love. Granted the boon of her power. The one destined to be HER prophet, her sweetest, most loved child. Why do you think she took such a personal interest in your life? Offered blessings to your mate...a vampire. Why do you think that you were the one she tended to most, that she answered every prayer you sent out."

Amadeas face twisted under the horrific thought. Of all the things Shiba was. She was not going to lie when it benefited her to tell the truth. The wolf's eyes watered, realizing that he had been her pawn, and betrayed his own flesh and blood mother. His haw tightened and his face turned into a snarl. "I.....will....end...you. Tellissa help me I will cut your head off and stuff it up your back side." The blade sprang from his wrist. Glittering in the pale light through the grey sky. The ring it gave was something beyond Tamiko steel's normal powers. It was humming in his paw. There was something happening to him, and everyone could see it. There was a halo forming over his head. Having long ago tossed it, it should have never come back to him. But there it was, plain as day and glowing over his head. The thing was solid gold, and the angrier her got, the brighter it glowed. Then it began. His clothing began to turn as white as his fur, and the blade in his paw slowly turned a translucent green, almost glowing like the halo. He was struggling to hold on to his anger, contain his rage, and he was losing that battle.

~~~

Agreal barely pulled his finger off the trigger, but only just. He let out a hissed breath. Then he grabbed the mouse and yanked her close, "Breathe...breathe and I swear your fate will be as bad as anything Vanessa can think up. Am I clear?" the fox then threw her across the floor and moved to the door. as he did he stopped. backing up, he swore softly. "I can sense magic. that door is gonna do something when we step through it."

Catalina came close, walking to the door. "Only one way to be sure....My father's armor will hold some power left. If it's lethal, it should dampen the blow a fair bit. he was a light mage...." Catalina went to step forward and stopped. "Devina....is outside the castle. I can't sense her anymore. Vanessa knows...." The tigress looked at the others and then she took a breath and stepped through the door.

Agreal held up a paw, "Stay behind me. Better I die than you two." He moved forward to follow Cat. As he went he felt a tremor run through him. His gut clenched, knowing Amadeas was in trouble. The fox didn't notice the faint outline over his own head. He moved to the door, and followed Catalina through.

Devina walked out through the back of the castle, well away from sight. She was well away from the castle within moments. Shadow jumpig from alley to alley, she reached the edge of the forest soon. Once there, she turned back to the palace. "Please....Please Vanessa be safe...Please hear my words. Protect yourself. Flee from Catalina. She is dangerous when her family is threatened. Her powers will increase with her rage. Her abilities will be boundless when fully angered. She will kill you without a second thought. The more you threaten her, the less she will care about saving you from yourself and more about painting her stripes in your blood.....Please darling...Please be safe."

Barius soon realized what Devina did. A shot through the door of the outer barracks, came flying back at him from a side window in the outer wall guard hut. He backed away, keeping himself silent as he warped away a distance. "Lassy, you um got your self a right nasty counter curse there. Aye yea. It's going to be foul as hell catching you that a way. Me gun is useless....You a smart wolfy."

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Syme's own blade wasn't disintegrating; a more accurate word might be 'flickering.' It didn't help the effectiveness of his blows any, either way. His coat, on the other had, was being eaten away as if by invisible moth larvae, and he had to shed it, leaving him that much exposed to the cold. Enough heat was in his veins to keep him from feeling it for now...

It was hard for Vaughan to keep still, especially in view of all that was happening with Shiba and Amadeas. But it was important; in order to fight most effectively, a Paladin had to have faith, obviously. The manifestation of that faith was an inner calm in battle, he was not to be fueled by rage or any mortal art of battle, but by the Power Divine. *I am calling on you now, as a faithful servant, to redeem Your promises.*
The pendant around his neck began to glow, a radiant light. The wolf opened his eyes, and before him he saw a hole in Shiba's armor. As the enchantments were bound to the material, a hole in it meant a hole in her magical defenses, too. Vaughan raised Alcar's staff in his hands, calling out one word: "Cleanse."

Holy fire flowed forth from the gem at the tip, pouring into the gap in Shiba's armor, acting to dissolve the dark and corrupting enchantments fused upon it. Not quickly or instantaneously, but Syme's sword was once again shining bright. "I believe," The golden fox's voice rang out, clear and bright as the sun-drenched arctic snows, "That we have heard enough. You are under arrest, charged with Conspiracy to commit Deicide. Will you come quietly, or..." He gazed significantly back at Amadeas.
Not that the Investigator really expected Shiba to capitulate, but you had to give the perp a chance. After that, well, the avenging angel need feel no guilt.

~***~

The mouse would not have found much to comfort her in Zephyre after Agreal had tossed her aside. The vampiress bared her fangs at her. "Be thankful we have some mercy left to throw yourself upon, girl."

As Catalina stepped through the door, she would have found herself in a wing of the barracks, which were certainly not what that door went to the last time she was here. Guards were there, but at this point, they might as well have been cannon fodder. The real concern was trying to find a way to... well, anywhere, really.

Agreal, on the other hand, would have found himself in the kitchen, face to face with a very amused looking Vanessa. "Oh, it's you!" She squealed, like a young girl finding an old friend. "So... you will be the first then." The wolfess' armor was already deployed, and her crystalline weapon of choice was out. Calling it a 'whip' would be like calling Excalibur a knife; this was practically a live King Cobra, held by the tail, ready to deliver a lethal strike. With no further shouting, it seemingly lashed of it's own accord at the fox's torso...

Conrad and Zephyre, meanwhile, could see that the view through the door changed as Cat and Agreal each passed through it. He took her hand and, nodding signal, they both rushed through together.
Through the door, he caught a glimpse of mixed harem and guard furs, but the hybrid didn't hesitate. "They're in the main hall! Mistress wants you there, Alpha Formation, Stat!" It was the tone of voice that did it. The group all rushed from the room, carrying messages of urgency and panic wherever the magic dumped them. In ten minutes, the entire castle would be one giant Scooby-Doo Chase scene.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The wolfess screamed in agony. Vaughan's own attack seemed to do more than dispel her armor. It shattered it like a bomb. Shiba was leftnaked on the ground, but no where near ready to give in. Snarling as she stood again, she took a moment to draw in breath as Syme spoke. "YOu...presume to challenge me....me whom allowed you to live this long....I would have thought you were better than that." She vanished, Amadeas' face jerked as something happened, then he was flung across the field to land on his face and slide. Syme would have felt his shirt tighten around his neck before the same force flung him in the opposite direction with greater force. Shiba materialized in front of Vaughan slapped his paws, jerking them back after hitting him with considerable force. Her paws sizzled, as she stood there bare furred. "Damn it to hell. you are blessed by more than one god....but....no...that's impossible."

She turned toward the Doctor and reached for him, when Amadeas knee cracked across her skull, skipping her away from them. "Stay away from my friends....." the wolf snarled, wiping the blood off his lips. "Shiba.....under Section 29,986, Sub-section AAT7 of the Paradisian/Infernian Peaceable Actions Accord of the year 2 trillion and ten, I here by pass judgement upon you and sentence you as a rogue immortal in the presence of mortals. I sentence you to summary liquidation."

Shiba stood slowly, cracking her neck and rubbing her cheek. The fur was singed, but healing. "Liquidation? Really can't you just say you are going to disembowel me?" The wolf didn't move. he didn't speak. He just flickered, and Shiba jerked as her body came off the ground. Amadeas was there, his paw in her gut, holding her off the ground. Her eyes were wide in pain as he drew back and hit her again.

Behind Vaughan, a voice whispered, 'he has to call her name.....his power is dropping....even as he fights so strongly.....he will die here if he does not believe again...as a child believes....he must....believe in her... If one looked, there was a woman there. A female ferret, only 5'4" in height. lithe, with bright eyes. but her face was sad. Her body wrapped in bandages, and covered in a loose fitting silk nightgown, as one would have worn in the 1700s. her face was cut up, but she was standing there, looking at Vaughan. "you must make him believe.....or Maria, Catalina, Agreal....Conrad, Zephyre....You unborn son....they will all die by Shiba's hands...her paws drip in blood. They are stained with the blood of the guilty and the innocent alike....Her own sister...the one that loved her most....You must make him believe.....or we'll be back in those mines forever.....forever again...." Her face twisted as she started to cry.

~~~

Catalina smiled, looking back as the door closed, and then at the guards. "So...whom is loyal to Vanessa? Cuz I'm here to kill her..." the moment someone moved, Catalina did was she had done best all those long centuries ago. She slaughtered everything that moved. in a matter of one minute, she had killed everyone in the barracks. Skilled, trained soldiers all trained by Devina, for Vanessa, dead. Just for kicked Catalina began broadcasting what she was doing to everyone in the realm. letting them see their dark princess in action. Done with them, she turned and jumped back through the door again. If Vanessa had randomized the doors and windows, then Catalina knew just what to do. She looked deep into her memory about the time she shared her body with Del. Del had left behind many memories. Included in them was how the probability of Random events worked. Enough jumps, fast enough, would overload any mechanism and either blow the realm up, with Vanessa in it, or shut the mechanism down.

Catalina continued to jump, again and again, as fast as she could hop. Hoping the energy backlash was tied to Vanessa. And that she actually remembered that theory correctly. Agreal saw the whip, and as Vanessa was talking his finger was moving over the trigger. He had some enhanced reflexes, but Vanessa still got the jump on him. The head of the snack was right on him when he fired the shotgun and the main on a three round burst at the same time. Corrodium slugs and a 12ga. shot shell flew right back at Vanessa. The fox twisted in the air, throwing a paw back and snatching a throwing knife out of his belt. as the Twist carried him around, he flung the knife at her, trying to put his feet under him as his tail shot out at her legs. It stretched, beyond physical limits, radiating magic as it went.

Unfortunately the tail stopped short as he hit the floor on his back. Looking down, the head of Vanessa's snack was stuck to his chest. The fangs had made it through the chest plate. He coughed, looking up at her. But it wasn't with a snarl, because at that moment the mental video from Catalina came through. He was laughing. "oh.....You are screwed.....*cough* I might die....but what happens when Cat finds out? You know what...she told me about that time loop....she had a timelord in her body for the last thousand years.....she hosted her and you are not just facing a succubus....but a succubus with the memories and intelligence of a time lord....*wheeze cough*. Damn those fangs are deep.....g...good luck puppy....good luck and swift death....you'll need it." He pushed himself back, clutching at the snake head and ripping it out of his chest. tossing it to the side, he pushed back against the wall.

He slid a paw to his chest, pulling a pack of smokes from his pocket. "Hope you dont mind....Not like I can do anything else....Snake venom....clever....neurotoxin....wont kill me but it shuts down most of my body.....slow death....staving a vampire....I have to hand it to you. You are an evil witch.....you do your family credit on genius....but I pity you.....so many devoted to you...or fear you. BUt finally....someone loves you....do you love her back?" the fox asked as he lit the cig. "Come to think of it....do you even feel anything more than pride for your own efforts? I'm a killing machine. Slaughtered hundreds in my life. And yet, I can feel compassion for you....You....top of the world and still cant reach out of your own pit....how does it feel Vanessa? Is it sinking in yet? You planned for them to come...but do you know that Catalina is going to kill Devina? Even if she can't get to you...the realm is locked. No back up is coming. no Cavalry this time. No time lord to jump in and protect his future queen.... Not even your brother will protect you this time....because guess what.....Ishimi knows..." he laughed softly, feeling the toxin sinking deeper. turning off his limbs.

Then the poison reached his neck, as he began to choke. Gagging as his throat clenched, and then he lay still. He was still alive, just cut off form the world now. His body having become his own prison. But deep inside, he still had that little vampire telepathy. and with that he sent out a tiny message to Vanessa one last time. "I only regret...not being there to see it when Cat and the others catch up to you....Oh it's gonna be nasty. Every dark nightmare you ever had about your own death will be so sweet compared to what will happen. If you are lucky......if not.... well I'm sure the blood in your veins tastes good enough for the common mutts of the palace to eat."

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Vaughan was knocked back by the blow, but he kept his footing, planting the staff to steady himself at the end of a long rut in the snow. He cracked a smile for the first time. "I'm not the only Paladin present, you know. All that stand for Light, and the Liberty of a Soul are gathered here, and arraigned against you." And the wolf started to walk back towards his enemy, a holy aura surrounding him now.

Syme choked and spluttered, dragging himself out of the snowbank into which Shiba had hurled him. The sword had once again become a stick in his hand again, and he used it to bring himself back to his feet. "And don't forget," He said, as Amadeas brought the formal charge, "Resisting Arrest." He was cold now, the rage in him was no longer enough to ward off the chill, but he was also walking towards the wolfess, intent on making an end of all this.

Doctor Carl, as well, was lining up a shot, which he squeezed off as Amadeas held Shiba immobile. The serum within the fired needles was very experimental. It would affect a dark divinity, he had been assured, but how exactly was a mystery, or to be more accurate, an experiment.
Lee continued to play, the notes becoming more intense as the tempo slowed to punctuate each one.

But it wouldn't be enough. Vaughan knew that even all five of them together would not be enough to defeat a goddess, Divine intervention was required. But only faith could call it. Syme and himself had that, but there was one among them who had to rekindle his, or all would be lost. "Amadeas!" The Red Wolf called out to the White, with the voice of a messenger of God. "You are not abandoned by your mother; see your halo, you have been restored! Call upon her, and she will listen!"

~***~

"Hm, not much of a challenge. But then, I have been level grinding somewhat..." Vanessa stalked over to the prone Agreal, standing over him with a cool kind of triumph in her eyes, not of a hard fought battle, but of mere assurance that the laws of nature were still in effect. Her crystalline snake retracted back into the armor, as she chuckled over the fox's attempts to intimidate her. "She may hold the memories of a Time Lord... but I hold the memories of her King."

And then he mentioned love! The wolfess had to throw back her head and laugh at that. "Oh, I'll admit that took me by surprise. Doesn't really make much sense to me, really, why she should, unless she likes what I've been doing all this time. I suppose in the end, I can only be sorry for her; it will hurt her no matter what, I know, and there's nothing really that I can do about it, unless she gives me up of her own accord." Her eyes were almost sad, but as unrepentant as ever.

She stalked out, hips swaying as she anticipated her next meeting. Who would be next, now? She still heard the fox's voice in her mind, but it didn't bother her much. She paused at the door looking back for her parting shot. "I won't stay to monologue. I will only say, my real goal is known to no other fur... save one of your party, who is dedicated to the same. And that plan will not be derailed, even by my death..." And she stepped through the doorway, sealing the room off in it's own space loop, trapping the paralyzed vampire inside.

Elsewhere in the castle, the wolfess sensed Catalina attempting to overload they system. How cute, and it might really have worked, but the efforts of one fur were easily contained. The measures could be manually overridden, and it was a fairly easy task to construct another space loop of multiple rooms in sequence, for the tigress to teleport to over, and over, and over, until she had exhausted her reserves.

But then there was Conrad. The weakest of the party, and yet the most irritating fur in the world, as far as Vanessa was concerned. The little Dhampyre seemed to have an instinct for making her plans go wrong; that storm of chaos among her troops really was going to overload the system shortly. *I'll have to discharge that energy, but I think I can make use of this opportunity...*
Gathering the threads of her enchantment spell, she pulled just the ones that would cause it to unravel all at once. The controlled detonation was sufficient to blow the roof clean off the palace, and the energy of the explosion, directed upwards, punched a hole in the sky, or at least in the dimensional wards keeping the Realm sealed. Now, there was an open door, so to speak.

The castle settled back into it's ordinary dimensions, and the space loops were undone; though those inside them were jostled about considerably. The g-forced alone would have killed the average mortal. She checked the position of Conrad and Zephyre, who had just been dumped in Boris' room. She grinned, sending him a mental signal, *Do take care of them, will you darling? I have to deal with the tigress.*

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Amadeas turned at Vaughan's call. And then Shiba smiled. Her paws shot out and snatched the needles from the air. Landing behind the wolf, she threw her arms around him, and drove them into his neck. Amadeas stood still, as the sword slowly fell from his paws. It landed in the snow, slowly returning to the silvery color it had been. his halo flickered, fading out. Shiba stepped back, letting the wolf sink to his knees. One could see his eyes dulling, glazing over as it took effect.

"Vampire. All creatures of the dark are connected to me. And as such any weapon formed against me would do damage to them as well." The wolfess formed her red dress on herself, wiping away the blood and healing her wounds. "I suppose I owe you all an explanation. So I shall stall this out and let him live long enough to hear it." Amadeas fell back on the snow, as Shiba waved her paw over him.

"You all know the legend....the Time War. Well, it never ended. It only changed. The blast rippled through space...and time. It grows weaker as it travels. But it's still there. It will never cease. It was how I died the first time." The area around them changed, becoming a battlefield. Bodies piled high around a pair of armored female wolves. Their own wounds pouring blood. "My sister and I were the best. No one could best us. Whole armies died by our paws. We sought to end the violence on our world. And yet, the more we did to stop it, the greater it got."

The women fought harder, but the more they fought the harder it got to carry on. "We were dying. Because we had no magic, no blessings. We couldn't fight any more. So, we did the only thing we could ever do....we killed everything around us to ed this battle. and in the end, we both fell as well." the women hit the ground, their bodies lifeless, And soon others did too. They aged a thousand years in a second. "Our world was dead, but that was not the end..." Reality shifted around them and then the blast. The planet was ripped apart and their bodies were hurled into space. "The last blast of the time war. reaching far and wide. Destroyed our decimated home. We had nothing left. we were nothing. And yet...." the sound that followed was all too familiar to Shiba.

The sound of a wheezing, thumming noise. The sound of the universe pulling open. Then, a ship as big as a city. Silver spires rising up from the base, showing the universe where it came from. "A woman came. She was frail, sickly, dying. So much death. She mourned everything she had done. She had set her people on themselves, and in her madness she told her only friend to kill the rest. BUt she was now alone....the last of her kind. The last of the time lords....." The images changed. The broken bodies of the pair lay on metal tables. "She refused to let this ripple consume any more lives. She managed to bleed it down, but it damaged herself to do it. She aged, so old. BUt there was more for her to do. She brought us back to life....And we only knew her by one name......Lady Del."

Del walked in, passing right through Dr. Carl. She looked so old, feeble, sick. Her soft, silvery fur was falling out in patches. She could barely stand. "L..Love. Begin the process. Take a piece of the Time Vortex, and place it in each of them. Then Regenerate them. Let them carry on my work. Let them save this universe from our mistake." The image began to change again, taking shape and form. It was Feila. "This is where we eventually settled. We were the balance. Light, and dark. Good, and evil. Keeping it all in check. But our savior had been lost to us. So according to her final wishes, we sank her ship in the ocean. Hiding it that one day you fools would find it, and learn of what great people they had been, and how wrong they had gone."

More battles flashed, "but over time, I began to see how futile it was to keep things this balanced. How even a tiny nudge could sent the whole thing crashing to the ground. So I devised a plan. I can traverse space...and time...and I found one that could set in motion things I needed them too. One little woman, that reminded me so much of my former self." Vanessa's face flashed across the images. And behind her the whole time was Shiba. "She did it. She got what she wanted. When this is over, I will be the last immortal that can pass into heaven and hell. The Time War rages again, even now in heaven and hell. Tamiko realm was sealed off from it. Though I suspect Catalina is trying her best to keep it sealed off."

The wolfess let the images fade, returning them all to the present. "You have done it for me. you brought me here, in a protected environment. You preserved my life for me, and all i had to do was pretend to be your punching bag. Oh Syme.....Vaughan....Dr. Carl....even you Lee. You have held me safe in your arms this whole time. By now heaven lies in ruin, and the rest of hell itself is stone cold. NO longer burning.....Syme you succeeded....you my dear have done wonderfully in your mission. You killed all the gods....how your father would be so proud of you. Carrying out my will with such devotion...." She clapped happily, smiling at them as she stood over Amadeas' prone body. He was gasping or breath, as his eyes went black. his body losing all color.

BUt he did manage one word. A single, whispered prayer. "m....m...mother...." Shiba laughed happily, as she formed her sword in her paws. "I can kill you all now, in a blast of time and space. You are pathetic. Yes. You brought me pain. Yes you made me bleed. Oh I haven't felt that in years. I actually began to fear Amadeas would do lasting damage. But then....Well Dr. Carl. you did what you do best. You killed another immortal. You put the weapon in my hand, and you gave me permission to use it. His blood, is on your hands this time little otter."

Behind Shiba, there was a faint glow. She didn't notice herself, but someone stepped through. A tall, muscular white wolfess. bare as the day she was born. Her flowing gold mane drifting in the wind behind her. The piercing emerald green eyes glaring deep into your soul. But not judging, searching. searching for the good in you. Shiba's own eyes faded. They blackness dissipating and revealing the deep red. "I wish I didn't have to do this. But I guess I must. You would have all done wonderfully in my new universe...." Shiba drew back, aiming her sword at Amadeus chest. Then the woman behind her grabbed her paw. Shiba turned, And her smile faded into terror. Genuine terror. "Get away from my son...." Tellissa...the great protector of mortals, goddess of Valor and Honor stood there, before yanking her sister by the wrist and slinging her off into a hole that ripped open in space.

Then she clapped her paws and sealed it. "Damn woman was always acting like that. even as a child." she muttered. Then her lips curled up in a smile, "Oh, hello everyone. Give me a moment," She knelt down, picking up Amadeas as if he were just a babe. Lifting him in her arms and walking to them. "My. my. My little boy, all grown up." she kissed his forehead as she lay him on the snow. "There now. take a nap as we'll talk when you wake up little one." Standing, she looked around, then noticed Wakia on her knees, face down, praying and begging for forgiveness. Moving to her, she gently helped her to stand, "No dear. No I am not your master. I am your friend. I don't desire your subjugation. But you love and to see that love grow for others as well." The world around them just shifted, Now standing in Amadeas' home. The fire in the fire place was burning brightly, filling the world with light and warmth. "Ah. Much better." she smiled at them. Amadeas had landed on the sofa, as the others had landed in chairs around the fire place.

"Hmm Aim is a bit off....Need to get used to doing that again. It's been 5000 years. I see Andarian did well for himself after I left him." she walked around, looking at the place. "Not too fancy, but befitting an Arch Angel. I should have never left the Paradisian steward in charge of my affairs while I went to right my mistakes." She came to a paining of Andarian, "Oh love.....I'm sorry." touching the painting, she smiled and spoke, "You can relax. We are safe here.....oh. Syme, can I have my coin please? I would like my clothing back. It's the only set I have left." She turned and held out a paw, as I don't think Amadeas and Agreal would have anything befitting a lady on hand."

~~~

Catalina stood, the blast having knocked her from her feet. The realm was open and into came pouring something she really wished hadn't. Hellcats. Far too many to just be coincidence. thousands of them. She couldnt just change the locks, because Vanessa had blown the door open. "Damn woman....too bad she gave me the edge now." Devina appeared in the castle. "VANESSA!" she screamed. Running room to room, she screamed for the woman.

Boris smiled, crouching on the roof. He dropped down, landing between them and the door. "With pleasure my lady." his face was sadistic. even as it began to twist. He grew larger, stronger, and more violent. A were. He loomed over them, growling, drooling at the prosepect of ripping them apart. BLAM! He jerked, looking down. BLAM BLAM BLAM! Three more jerks. Four large holes in his chest. His blood was near purple with glowing energy. Devina's energy. Then his head just exploded at the sound of another blast. He sank to the floor, his body changing back. Behind him, was one of the harem. They hard a large burn spot on their chest. it was Vivian. She had burned off her own rune. In her paws was one of Catalina's guns. she was shaking. "B...B...boris....he was....gonna kill you....He was gonna eat you both....."

Devina was leaned against the wall, gasping for breath. her powers were cut further now. She clutched her amulet. and leaned back up. Running to catch Vanessa. "VANESSA! VANES-OOF!" Catalina's fist contacted Devina's face. knocking her out the remains of the window and dropping her all the way to the court yard. Devina hit with the weight and force of a small plane. But her recovery was swift. unfortunately for her, Catalina was right behind her.

"I should never have given you that amulet." Catalina said as she drew a gun. BUt the thing was ripped from her paw by Devina's own weapon. Not gauntlet blades anymore. but a hooked pike. The purple crystal glittering in the light. "Oh very clever Catalina. Very Clever indeed. Unfortunately the moment you hit me I sensed how much power you actually have. You have to wear your father's armor to protect yourself. You don't have enough magical energy left in you to fight me one on one...."

Catalina glared. Devina was truthful, for once. But Catalina had other weapons. "Your weapons can't break this armor." "We will see....I challenge you, Catalina Tamiko, Princess Heir to the throne. By the right of combat, that your rank, title, and all your remaining power become Mine and vanessa's forever." "Accepted." BOOM! Devina was knocked back by the shotgun blast. Catalina was still quick. Flipping my the pair went at it, sword to pike, witht he ringing of their blades producing clear, hot notes. Ringing out into the distance as every crack in the dimensional barrier was filled with incoming demons. There were no chances to escape this realm until a hole opened.

SHiba watched, from her void, licking her wounds. "You did well girl....unfortunately your war is coming back to haunt you....SHould have left the barriers up. They would have protected you at least....Oh, don't worry, Catalina won't kill you...She won't let Zephyre kill you either. NO, she intends far worse for you...vanessa, you life is not at stake....not even your mind and sanity.....Not even your soul.... Your existence is at stake. Catalina will wipe you from the books. You will be placed where there is no chance for escape.....Just as you placed others there. Just as you pushed Morrissey to the brink, you too will be tested." She knew Vanessa couldn't hear her. It was a void. Even Shiba would need time to escape this one.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

For a moment, it seemed indeed that all had been lost as Vaughan called out. The distraction to Amadeas was sufficient for Shiba to turn Doctor Carl's weapon against them. All of them stopped, as it appeared that the wolf had been killed. It was a tense moment.... and then she started monologuing.

*Oh come on, even my sister stopped doing this long ago!* Vaughan had enough spirit not to be overawed by the visions that the goddess put into their heads, though he found it curious the way in which the Time War came back. They couldn't seem to get away from it. Oddly enough, that brought hope more than anything else. Even if they were to die here, there was still the Doctor; whoever he was now. Ishimi and Morrissey, too; even if Catalina had shot down Conrad's plan, it would still be a failsafe.

Syme was actually new to this, and he was horrified. "I... am not an anarchist..." He said, clearly shaken by Shiba's words; he could only hope that they were in some way lies. The rest of the horsemen were equally affected. Even the stoic Dr. Carl was shaken.

And then came an answer to Amadeas' prayer. Even Vaughan, who had encouraged his faith, was a little surprised at the sudden appearance of Tellissa. He had little enough time to collect himself before finding himself in a comfortable armchair. Once there, he felt disinclined to get up again.
Pestilence felt a duty, however, and got up to check on Amadeas. "Pulse is strong; I don't know whether it was you, or the angelic in him, but there won't be danger now."

Syme was slightly jolted by the request, and blushed, as if noticing her bareness for the first time. "Ah, yes, certainly." He dug the coin out of his pocket and tossed it towards her. "We, ah, didn't exactly clean them, though."

Lee got up as well, looking out the window onto the peaceful streets. "Well, it doesn't look as if the war got here yet, at any rate. How much of what she was saying was utter bullcrap?"

"I don't know about the War in the present, but I've no reason to doubt her account of the past." Vaughan grimaced. "I guess that takes care of our part, but is there anything we can do to help Catalina now?" His thoughts were quick to go to the battle that still must be raging.

~***~

It was literally raining cats and dogs; or at least, hellcats and hellhounds. Most did not survive the fall, and those that did were not in good shape. It wouldn't be wise to approach the wounded beasts, though, and it made the landscape almost worthy of the events happening in it, and the mistress thereof. In an hour, the streets would run with blood, and the air would be filled with the stench of rotting flesh.

Zephyre, with reluctance, dismissed the readied energy from her paws. Conrad smirked, as he wiped a spatter of purple blood off himself. "We're not in your way, are we? I'm beginning to feel a little redundant here."
"More energy to spare for the mistress of the house." His mate growled. "The doors have stopped doing that...thing, so could you kindly take us there, little foxy?" Her voice dripped with menace and saccharine.

Vanessa looked up suddenly, sensing Devina's approach. "You fool! Why did you come here? I told you to stay away! Now things are going to go wrong again." Grinding her teeth, she sought out the panthress, and to her complete non-astonishment, she found her challenging Catalina.
The wolfess kept herself hidden; the magical storm from the disintegrating wards disguising her aura as she acted, re-forming her snake into a kind of fanged gun. Lining up a sniper shot at the tigress, Vanessa waited until she had a clear opportunity. "Surprise!" She whispered, firing her shot.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Tellissa smiled as she caught the coin. Reaching inside it as she spoke, "All ofnit was true. Most of hell is gone. Heaven is ash. Only a few gods survived. He is one of them." She said motioning toward the ceiling. "Very pleasant he is. I'm happy he made it safe and sound."

She pulled from the coin the full suit of armor. It was completely clean. Reaching intonthe armor she brought out a set of trousers and a shirt. Much to her dismay they were shredded. "Blast. My only clothing ruined." She looked at the others. It was the ferret that caught her atttention. "My little Wakia. Why dont you go take a nap. You look absolutely exhausted." The woman suddenly felt so tired. Shebnodded and walked off to find a bed

Tellissa waited until she was gone to speak. "I cant allow any of you to leave this place. Right now my power is holding this world safe. But it will not last. There are things that shiba didnt tell you. Tamiko realm sits on a nexus point. It will collapse and when it does it will blow a hole into this realm. If you want to save your wife I suggest prayer. There are stkll gods to listen. We all had a hand in what happened. Even me. But now is not the time to regret. Now is the time to send her and the others what power we can. Because low and behold....There is still one thing vanessa can never take from us........ Hope."

~~~

Cat turned and caught the shot. But that only provided Devina an opening and the proper place to strike. The back of the armor had a gap between the bottom of the back plate and the top of the legging. Devina's weapon found the gap and Cat's spine. The feline dropped, screaming in agony. Devina stood panting. She held her blade over Catalina's neck. Her gaze moved to Vanessa. "I wont let her kill you." She said to the wolfess.

Vivian nodded and motioned them to follow. She led them to vanessa's study. Moving to the bookshelf she grabbed a book. "The least I can do is fix this. I can bind her for a moment at least. Bind her to me and then you have your chance. Please. She has no love for anything. Not even for herself. Pity her, but do not let her fill your heart with dread. As long as we have hope she wont win."

The vixen opened the book. And began chanting a binding spell. Binding both devina and vanessa not only to herself but in place. She knew it would call them to her. Call them both to the study. But she needed that. She needed to get them away from Catalina. She had been Cat's nurse maid. And that was why cat spared her life. Now she sas going to return the favor. Her chanting grew louder, stronger. Shestill had some magic in her.