A Ferret's Lament (OPEN!)

A nation that rivals Edwin in power, ruled by the Mustelid. The current system of government is Feudalist/Constitutional Monarchy, with Duchies ruled over by Dukes, which elect the monarch, usually one of the Dukes. The military is third largest in number, and rivals Edwin's fighting effectiveness. It consists of the Gawainian Army. It is geographically one of the largest countries of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval Germany.
FangsOfTheCongo
Peasant
Peasant
Species: Otter

A Ferret's Lament (OPEN!)

Post by FangsOfTheCongo »

Slinker sighed, looking at the late October weather outside. He had to go. He had stayed much longer than normal, as Heather kept pleading him to stay; he was repeatedly dragged back in. But his hoard was important to him. Surely she would understand that.

The ferret looked up from his food and met Heather's eyes. She knew what was going to happen, and gave him the look that had held him back since September. "I have to go," Slinker whispered. The young feline nodded, blinking back tears. Slinker felt somewhat cheated - if only she understood. If she still remembered him by the time he came back in the spring, he would marry her.

But, alas, that hasn't happened yet. Every single female had either found someone else or forgotten him. "If you love me..." Slinker whispered, brushing her cheek with a white, soft paw, "...you can wait. I will be back in the spring." Heather nodded again and wrapped her arms around his thin shoulders. Slinker smiled. He really hoped he didn't lose this one.

The ferret leaned in and kissed the cat. It was brief. Heather lightly tried to tug him back, but she let him go - she wouldn't be able to stop him. Slinker slunk out into the cold to begin his long-delayed journey. Back to Widow's Lament. Pulling his black winter cloak from his haversack, he trudged off, north, back to his hoard.

Back to killing.
Stromnor Scartail Jade Swimmer and Slinker Farol
|D |D |D ;) -memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4401
FangsOfTheCongo