Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Unfortunate Happenstance

A nation that rivals Edwin in power, ruled by the Mustelid. The current system of government is Feudalist/Constitutional Monarchy, with Duchies ruled over by Dukes, which elect the monarch, usually one of the Dukes. The military is third largest in number, and rivals Edwin's fighting effectiveness. It consists of the Gawainian Army. It is geographically one of the largest countries of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval Germany.
KiloFoxx
Assassin
Species: Arctic Fox

Re: Unfortunate Happenstance

Post by KiloFoxx » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Mike smiled, more or less, everything was going as he hoped.
"well then, i guess it's time we all get aquainted proper ja? i'm Mike, formerly Sargent, but i'm no longer a military man. I duel-weild these bad boys" he said, gesturing to the bastard swords on his back. "come to think of it, i only just gave my name, yet you knew if beforehand Captain, have we met? i'm not very good with names and faces."

Sponsor

Flickerfinger
Marquis
Species: Taur

Post by Flickerfinger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:25 pm

(((Sorry for being so late, guys; the last few weeks were sort of swallowed by the holiday travel plans.)))

Relief flooded through Armand. Mike could always be counted on to look for a fight, that much he knew, and Ivan appeared begrudgingly bound to the quest by his office. Natsuki had an impish sense of humor and maybe a crush on Ivan. If he played his cards right, Armand might just be able to get this bunch of near-strangers to solve this problem for him.

“I'm so glad for your help, friends,” he said, sliding up to the bar. Or, trying to – the best he could manage was to put one forepaw in front of the other and half-drag the back end of himself along. “Malt whiskey, barkeep – I need to clear my head.”

Okay, posse, the fur we're looking for is a badger, probably as old as my grandpa, with a withered right hand. The last time I saw him he was driving a beat-up old wooden cart pulled by a dumb donkey, and he had a tall hat and a brown cloak; that was yesterday, when I fixed the axle on the cart. Looked to me like he was carryin' firewood, but I didn't get to close a look; looking back I wish that I had.”
Know thy wolf, and unto thine own wolf be true.

If all the world is a stage, I want better lighting.

Characters

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Ivan looked the former sergeant over, frowning. "I don't recall; you were never in my units; not in my battalion, I should think. I just heard someone say your name, is all." Of course, given how much stress he'd been under with his last overseas assignment, it was entirely possible that they had served together at some point, and the fact simply slipped the officer's mind.

As Armand described the wizard that had affected his transformation, the polecat was checking against his memory banks for possible matches. Nothing much; the only badger magician he knew of was female. The description didn't narrow it down much. "Did you notice anything else about his clothing? The color of what was under his cloak, or the patterns on his hat? If he belongs to one of the orders or universities, we might be able to use that. At least we'd have a good idea of where he was going to." Growing up west of the Dresden, where most of the wizards in Gawain lived, Ivan did have to know the signs and symbols of the orders and Universities. Wizards didn't like it if you got them wrong, and were ominously silent about what would happen to you if you did.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

KiloFoxx
Assassin

Post by KiloFoxx » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:51 am

Planning was never Mike's strong suit, he understood people fine and knew how to bend them, but tactics weren't something he ever had much interest in. but even so, he felt it necessary to add his own input.
"wouldn't we be able to run a sort of trace spell or something? i'm may not be the biggest fan of mages and magic, but i won't deny its usefulness. A mage might just know best where our mage is headed. ja?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Natsuki chuckled at Ivan's reaction to the news of wizardly involvement. "can't get away from them can you?" she teased before turning her attention to Mike. "My name is Natsuki." She said after Mike had introduced himself. She listened as stripe described the wizard he thought had hit him with the transmogrification, as well as Ivan's questions, but didn't have much to add on that point of conversation. When Mike brought up the idea of a tracing spell, Natsuki shrugged, "I've never tried something like that before...not sure I could." She muttered

Flickerfinger
Marquis
Species: Taur

Post by Flickerfinger » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:59 pm

While Natsuke, Ivan, and Mike were discussing ways to find the wizard that went completely over the head of the mundane blacksmith from Brixen. Symbols, trace spells – it was all a bit much. Stripe liked his life just the way it was, thank you, and the idea of a long and complicated quest just to get his dignity back was making him, well, indignant. Especially since he would have to do it dragging hindquarters that didn't rightfully belong to him.

So when Ivan asked him what symbols he had seen on the badger's regalia, he was too busy burying his beady black nose in a malt whiskey to answer. Nobody handles his whiskey like Armand Halaway – if you believed it when he said that, which was often – so the mug was set on the bar again in an indecently short time.

It clinked.

Usually Stripe's whiskey didn't clink until he'd had enough of it to start telling strangers how well he could handle his whiskey. He peered into the mug, closing one hazel eye; then, seeing nothing, he turned it over.

"I've never tried something like that before...not sure I could,” Natsuki muttered.

"You may not have to, Natsuki; look at this,” Stripe said. He pried from the bottom of the flat disk of silver rendered in the silhouette of a pine cone, about two inches long. It was exquisitely detailed, down to subtle waves in the shape of each scale. “Barkeep, where did you get this?” Stripe asked.

“I've never seen it before in my life,” the sweat-stained tapper said, clearly uncomfortable with the situation.

“I don't know a silversmith in Tyrol duchy who could have produced work this fine,” Stripe said, professional respect moderating his usual sarcasm. “It's a calling card, it must be. Whoever hexed me left this for me to find! Ivan, do you know any cults or sects that use a symbol like this?”
Know thy wolf, and unto thine own wolf be true.

If all the world is a stage, I want better lighting.

Characters

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:38 pm

"Hm, I'm not sure if a tracking spell would the most efficient way of going about this; the four of us are not going to travel fast enough to overtake a wizard with a head start." Besides that, Ivan knew that Natsuki would be more likely just to suck up any magical traces before they could be followed, and the captain wasn't the sort to force a lady into an embarrassing admission.

Fortunately, it seemed that a way around the difficulty had been found. At the bottom of a whiskey glass, no less. The polecat extended his paw, bringing in the little silver sigil for a closer look. "Hm, pretty distinctive, ja. I can't say that I can place it exactly, but I'm not a native of Wizmar. The fellows there make it their business to know these signs, so that will be our first stop." Ivan was feeling and acting considerably more bucked-up, now that he had a clue, and a plan. Besides, it probably wouldn't take much for Stripe to be convinced that the easiest thing to do would be to find a wizard to take off the enchantment, and say no more about it. Easy solutions were always a plus, in his book. And it removed the rather dangerous injunction to actually have to arrest a wizard capable of leaving you in a different shape than when he found you.

KiloFoxx
Assassin

Post by KiloFoxx » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:50 am

Mike frowned, as much as he was glad to have both a cause and a destination, something felt off to him, and he expressed his concern.
"doesn't that seem a little strange? as if he wanted you to find that and follow him. it's our only lead though, so we can't afford to ignore it but... we should all be prepared for something more. normally I'd want to leave immediately, but we should prepare for the worst this wizard could potentially throw at us. i say we meet back here at first light and remember, a wise tactician once told me "if all goes according to plan, the plan is compromised"" he drained the rest of his drink and stood
"a wizard this bold is either very powerful, or a fool. and I've yet to see a foolish wizard survive long enough to accomplish something like that. we'll need all the preparation and luck we can get."

Jocky
Cub
Species: Typing Thing

Post by Jocky » Tue May 20, 2014 10:18 am

A very foolish wizard kept his head down. He didn't want to draw any attention he didn't need, and considering the fact that he hadn't passed a wizard or equine since he came into town made him that much more of a sore thumb. He took a sprig of lemongrass from his left pocket, or was it his right? No it was the left, but the left top pocket. He kept his belladonna in the lower left. He chewed the lemongrass softly, as he looked around the room. He knew travelers liked taverns, and he just needed to find one or two stronger fighters than him that were heading the same way. He shuffled himself over to a seat at the bar, and gestured to a barmaid. He asked politely. "Excuse me, miss? Would you know if anyone is headed up north at all?"
Character
Pretend this is an interesting and creative signature.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue May 20, 2014 9:14 pm

(I don't think this thread is live; the guy central to the plot, Flickerfinger, has been offline for a while. If you want to start your own thread, or need some ideas, just pm me!)