Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A very long walk... (Open to all, except spammers!)

A nation that rivals Edwin in power, ruled by the Mustelid. The current system of government is Feudalist/Constitutional Monarchy, with Duchies ruled over by Dukes, which elect the monarch, usually one of the Dukes. The military is third largest in number, and rivals Edwin's fighting effectiveness. It consists of the Gawainian Army. It is geographically one of the largest countries of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval Germany.
Rosaris
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur
United States of America

Re: A very long walk... (Open to all, except spammers!)

Post by Rosaris » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:01 am

He stopped and gulped a bit and looked at the food, his mouth beginning to water before he gently took it, eating a few pieces of the smoked meat, half of the cheese, and all of the bread, wiping his mouth with a sigh, before smiling wide to her. "T-Thank you miss Natsuki, what do I owe you for the food?" he asked curiously as he was prepared to pay for the food that he had just ate. "I think it'd be rude to not pay such a lovely lass as yourself for helping a poor retch like me..." he said with a sigh, before thinking on her offer. "So... uhm... you really will help me make money and get on my feet and so on?" he asked curiously before pinning his ears back, he didn't want to impose on her. Only to look up ahead and see trouble coming their way and it looked to be none other than the Reutlingen guard.

"HEY YOU! DOG!" shouted a mustelid up the road, three of them coming toward them on horseback, before a sword was pointed at his throat. "This is a toll road, hand over all of your money and I might let you live, and you too, wench, this land belongs to Baron Drakonis of Reutlingen!" he barked toward the two of them.

"SCREW YOU!" he shouted before pulling his permit out to be a merchant. "This gives me the right to go to city and city and sell goods, if you take my money, what am I going to do for room and board?" he asked before yelping when the guardsman kicked him square in the mouth. "Shit... these guys outnumber me and I seriously doubt they will help me... at least this is proof enough of the torments us non-mustelids go through..." he thought with a soft whimper escaping him as he fidgeted with his money pouch, moving slowly just in case the others were to help...

"Don't smart off to me, dog, you and the rest of the species in this world are no more than dirt under our feet, why do you think we killed your father?" said the guardsman, grinning wide before gacking when Rena jumped from the bindings of the cart and pounced him right off of his horse, the other two moving quickly to bind him from further attack "Gsh... nice try, but you're outnumbered, and outmatched... taur... I'm sure that little boy we killed along side your father is crying right now when we cut YOU down!"

they raised their swords, preparing to strike him down as he spoke. "You unholy scum, you wear your sin like it's some sort of prize, too many lies, too many lies... let my death be a rally cry to destroy your baron, as you and your traitors to the crown BURN IN HELL!" he shouted before punching him in the eye and running forward, avoiding the swords swipes and hiding behind a tree.

"Deal with them, he's mine..." said the leader of the guardsmen, the two going to block their path as he stood up and grabbed his sword, slowly stalking toward the tree where the taur was hiding. "Come on out and try and fight me Taur, or are you a coward like your father?"
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:37 pm

*Ahh, nuts! So much for not getting into trouble.* Local guardsfurs were, in Ivan's opinion, the worst. They combined the pettiness of small bureaucrats with the violence of brigands, unless you had really noble and upright furs in those positions. Of course, really upright and noble furs generally found themselves either recruited as Royal Soldiers, or squires for knights.

The polecat sized up the three before him; as the officer was by the cart, they weren't paying attention to him yet, merely bullying the foxtaur. What they said did nothing to endear them to Ivan (who would hit on all girls, no matter the species), and their fighting style did not impress either. Ivan looked over to Natsuki, giving her a nod and a wink. They'd fought together often enough to develop signal cues.

Kicking his horse back into a trot, he yelled out, "Halt in the Name of the King!" And he smacked the flank of the nearest horse with the flat of his own broadsword. The beast reared up on two legs, unseating his rider, who fell to earth with a heavy thud. That left two mounted, and between the three of them, they should be able to take them on.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:16 pm

Natsuki had been about to tell Rene that she was completely sincere in wanting to help him. Instead, a bunch of thugs interrupted their conversation, and had the gall to demand her money. These thugs had no idea what they had gotten themselves into. Ivan was no slouch in a fight, and neither was Natsuki. She caught Ivan's wink and nod, and shot back an evil grin. He had claimed his authority as a officer in the king's army..more or less..but she planned on going for shock and awe on this one. "All of my money you say?" She said as she got down from the cart. "sounds more like robbery than a toll to me." She continued as she stepped away from the cart, and grinned evilly. "why don't you come take it from me." As she finished her last statement, her entire body ignited in blue flames. She may not have carried any weapons, but then again, she didn't need them. The flames didn't burn her, but they threw off enough heat to prove they were real. She laughed a vicious laugh as she approached the nearest guard, she wasn't intending to hurt anybody, she would prefer to scare them, but it wouldn't stop her from defending herself if the need arose.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:13 pm

"In the name of that wrinkly bastard that supposedly rules this country?" asked the other mounted guardsman as he laughed before drawing his sword and charging Ivan. "GLORY TO DRAKONIS!" he shouted as he swung his blade for the neck of the skunk.

The guard on the ground scooted back at the sight of the vixen turning aflame, or so it seemed, terrified for his own life, he screamed. "CAPTAIN! THEY HAVE A DEMON ON THEIR SIDE!" but to no avail to his own panic as the Captain was trecking through the woods, looking for the taur.

"Come on you limey bastard... I'm sure your death won't be that big of a deal..." he scoffed as he looked around every tree, even up in the trees, looking for any sign of him before gaking when he was pounced from above and disarmed. "GET OFFA ME YOU OVERGROWN BEAST!"

"No, I think not..." said Rene as he quickly grabbed the sword and stabbed him in the back, killing the guard captain in a single blow, but he did not keep his weapon, only to mark a testament to his own sin to lay on the ground, killed by his own blade. As the sounds of battle came from the pathway, he quickly ran back to see if he could help somehow, only to flinch when he seen what Natsuki had become. He reached for something he thought he'd never have to use: a spell book. He didn't know if it'd work, but he'd try...

"ARCTICA BINDUS!" he shouted before the guard was... not frozen to the ground, as nothing happened. "Crap..." he muttered to himself with a frown.
National Project Thingy!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:59 am

"Oh, for Pete's sake..." These palookas weren't worth stronger oaths. Ivan had already seen how well they held their seat on a horse (poorly), and it was but the work of a moment for him to nudge his own horse to the side and parry the charging blow. The force practically knocked the sword out of the guard's hand, as well as him off the saddle. As he struggled to regain his balance, the polecat struck him with the backswing.

Meanwhile, the unseated guard had been about to go after the 'helpless' damsel in the back of the cart, only to find out what Natsuki was. "Captain!" He called back. "We've got a sorceress here- captain?" Now he could see his superior officer slain. All of a sudden, attacking now seemed to be actually a really bad idea...

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Natsuki chuckled low and menacing. "Oh, I am no sorceress..." She said to the guard, her voice full of malice. "I am the stuff of their nightmares...I wield spellfire." She punctuated the statement with a small lance of spellfire shot between the guard's legs. "if you want to continue living, I suggest you run." she said with a snarl that showed most of her teeth. She was counting on the guard being so scared at this point that he either got up and ran or passed out, either result would have worked for her, though she could think of some fun ways to send a message if he did pass out instead of running. Rene's spell wasn't a complete failure, but he wouldn't have known as Natsuki, being what she was, absorbed the magic before it could have produced whatever effect it was going to make. She felt the brief spike in the magical energy around her, but didn't pay it any mind as it hadn't been anything significant. She spared a quick glance in Ivan's direction, which confirmed that he was not having any problems dealing with the thugs.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:05 pm

As predicted, the guard fainted, Rene walking slowly across the road toward his cart, rubbing the back of his head and looks around, letting the guards run amok as he slowly got back onto his cart and waited out the battle... he didn't wanna kill anyone else today... or ever. He sighed and shook his head as he shed a tear for what he done.

"Maybe I should have stayed in town... now my family is in danger if they find out it was me that killed the guard..." he thought to himself as he looked back at Natsuki with a glint of fear in his eyes... he didn't know what to do... was she a demon, a kitsune, or some other magical or evil being? His head went toward Ivan after a moment of observation, seeing he had the guard subdued and disarmed. "Well... guess I'm paying double for all the trouble I caused..." he muttered to himself
National Project Thingy!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:13 am

The blow Ivan had struck at the guard had been enough to break his spine; between that and the fall off his horse, that made another death in today's fight. The polecat had gotten quite used to that reality of fighting by now, but he didn't give Rene a hard time for his own tears. The captain dealt with enough raw recruits to let them cry a bit before giving them a little talk about the proper attitude of a fighter.

"It's not like he gave you a choice, really. What's that old saying, he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword? No different if they were common brigands, really." Ivan dismounted, going over to the three riderless horses, holding their reigns as he calmed them. The foxtaur was right about one thing; this was going to make for trouble in the future. *War, possibly; Gregor will certainly not appreciate this baron's attitude. Of course, if this is a fair sample of their fighting, it shouldn't last more than a week.*

In the meantime, there was an issue of their live prisoner. The polecat's not overly used brain was beginning to work on the problem. "You know, you should search him for any kind of written license or warrant. If he hasn't got one, we can turn him in to Brixen as a bandit, along with the heads of the two others. The bounties add up to about two krone, and you'll get at least three times that for these horses, if you're a good salesfur. Not a bad starting stake; and if Natsuki sells goods at cost to you in Brixen, you can amass a tidy profit, even after taxes, by the time you get home."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Natsuki laughed delightedly as the guard she faced passed out. The flames covering her body winked out of existence, and she wobbled a bit where she stood before she shook her head and regained her balance. She noticed a few patches on her clothes were smoldering, and patted them out before she grinned and walked over to the unconscious guard, drawing a small but razor sharp skinning knife as she did. She squatted down over the guard, and began shaving the word bandit into his forehead.

"Oh, that's a much better idea than what I had in mind." She piped in cheerfully as Ivan suggested turning the guards in for bandit bounties in Brixen. "We should take their armor and weapons too, they'll fetch a nice price" She commented as she began an efficient, and thorough search of the guard, stripping him of his armor as she went. "this one's got nothing....of course even if he did, we could always dispose of something like that" She said as she moved to the cart, and pulled some rope from her pack. She moved back over to the fallen guard, and started tying him up. Once the guard was tied up, she tossed his weapon and armor into the cart. "if somebody wants to behead the other two and get anything of value they were carrying, I can dispose of the rest of their bodies" She said as she grabbed their prisoner's ankle, and started dragging him toward the cart, grunting a bit with the effort. "either way, we probably shouldn't linger too long, and I wouldn't suggest going home unless you absolutely have to, there's plenty of money to be made, and fun to be had in the wider world...but that's just me." Natsuki moved and spoke in a very calm and businesslike manner considering what had just happened. One could guess that this wasn't the first time she had been attacked, and death had been involved in the outcome.

"So Ivan, I'm guessing you'll be vouching that these thugs were bandits when we get to Brixen?" she asked, it would make the whole process much smoother to have a representative of the crown greasing the wheels.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:24 pm

"R-Right I guess... uhm, I'll be right back..." he said, getting out of the cart again and heading back into the forest, pulling the sword from the body of the guard captain, and beheading him, as well as taking his armor, weapons, and whatever else he could fetch... he found ten krone on the captain which he claimed as his. "Okay that's one..." he leaned slightly on the broadsword and looked toward Ivan, before walking over and getting the head of the second guard, as well as his ID and other items, before putting them in the cart with a sigh. "I feel really low doing this, but I guess I had it coming for leaving town, heh..." he said with a shrug before smiling softly and looking toward Natsuki. "I'm not killing the last one... and I can hitch the horses to the cart with that bit of rope in the back, and haul them to town... by the looks of them, they are Kahunian Purebreeds, a Kings Randsom for just one of those beauties... clean em up, then auction them off, as my father use to do before the Baron took over... or so he told me" he said with a smile.

He then walked over and looked at Natsuki. "May I ask something..? What are you... I've never seen anything like that fire..." he said with a nervous smile. "Not that I hold it against you or anything, I just... wanna know... you wouldn't... be a kitsune, would you?"
National Project Thingy!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:19 am

Ivan nodded. "Oh, most certainly. I'll testify that they acted in every way like brigands, and ought to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." Which was, in fact, hanging. The polecat worked on tying up their live prisoner while Rene beheaded and looted the other corpses. The captain frowned at the ID the foxtaur found, before handing it to Natsuki. "Better burn this, too."

When they finally got everything loaded into the cart, Ivan let Rene take the reins of the horses as they set off, at a somewhat slower pace. Not knowing this part of the country very well, he couldn't tell how far it still was to Brixen. It had been a successful fight, but inwardly the officer had a roiling in his gut over the situation. *You've stuck your neck into it again; next thing you know, you'll be pulled into a revolution just like Uncle Fredrick. On the other hand, this might be a good excuse not to see my relatives. Oh, and if we pull this off, I can refute all accusations of me being a lazy bum.*

(I'll let Jerry determine when we get to town.)

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:23 pm

"Great, that will make matters much easier." Natsuki replied to Ivan with a smile as she took the ID into her hand where it was incinerated in a flash of blue flames. Next order of business was the bodies. Destroying bodies took much more effort than a scrap of paper did. She stood over the first body for a moment, focusing on gathering her spellfire, before she clapped her hands together, and a large gout of flames poured from her hands toward the body. The body was incinerated in the conflagration, and was nothing but ash and charcoal by the time the flames lifted. Natsuki moved to the second body and repeated the process before making her way back to the cart. "No need to feel low about it Rene." She commented "They tried to rob us, and they drew weapons first. We defended ourselves."

She pulled herself back into the cart, and sat down before she addressed Rene's question. "What am I....I'm a fox." she said flashing a brief impish grin before continuing. "I know that's not what you meant. I am not a kitsune, or any other kind of magical being, though I am closely tied with magic. I'm often feared or loathed by those who rely on magic, or worse my power is coveted. I was gifted or cursed, depending on how you look at it, with spellfire...magic in it's rawest form. I absorb magic, from the ambient currents around us to spells and enchantments, and convert it into spellfire." she smiled again. "does that satisfy your curiosity?" she asked before checking her violin to make sure it hadn't been damaged.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Rene shook his head slowly from side to side as he looked toward her. "Not one bit... but I do not fear you... now that you aren't some legendary being. But I respect your power and want to learn more about it... if you allow it, that is." he said with a smile before counting the armor and weapons.

"One steel plate armor, three wooden shields, three steel swords, two pair of leather armor, ooh, a mace, 50 Krone, two heads, three IDs, three Kahunian Purebreeds and five bags of corn..." he said as he took inventory of all the stuff he had gathered from the bandit guards. "Just uhh... let's hope that we don't run into anymore of them, I don't wanna come into town with a buncha heads on my cart..." he said before flicking his tail slowly from side to side as he hooked himself to the cart and lead the horses from the side, walking at a slow pace as he lead them by the rope, flicking his tail as they walked. "I can't believe I killed someone... oh Lord please someone watch over my family for the deeds I have done today..." he thought to himself before looking at Ivan.

"Do you think my family will be alright..? Drakonis has a habit of killing innocent people for the 'crimes' of others... as proven with the death of my brother and father..." he said with a frown. "They even kill for no reason other then to instill fear..." he added with a sigh and a shake of his head. "Oh well... it'll just be a rallying cry for the people from the other states that see the tretchary of Drakonis and free them from his dystopian rule..."
National Project Thingy!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:22 pm

The ID's Ivan made sure to burn along with the bodies. The rest he helped to gather in the cart, and rode alongside Rene this time as they made their way to Brixen. It would help immensely if the captain was the first fur seen when they entered the town. Brixen may not be as overtly unjust as Ruetlingen, but the fact was, the word of a polecat was probably counted as more trustworthy in most Gawainian towns.

"You can have my share of the money; I've got enough to eat seven days a week anyhow." Ivan objected to Rene's plans for dividing the spoils. Although, it wouldn't hurt to have his paws technically clean if this all went south... "If you're hoping for a revolution, you'd better be in it for the long haul. The last one I knew of in this country took 10 years to come to fruition. And, sorry to say, you're not likely to have a lot of allies if its only a baron. If he's not actually annoying his neighbors, it will be hard to convince him that he's their problem. Ironically, it'd be easier if he were one of the Dukes; then his oppression would be more widespread, and you'd have more potential allies. Best thing to do would be to put the problem towards the King."

The town of Brixen was a mid-size trading post, with walls up to defend against bandits, and a remote possibility of Edwinian invasion. The guards recognized Ivan's uniform, and saluted, which the captain acknowledged with a nod. "Is your officer in town? My companions and I have a few bandit heads to turn in, and a live one too for him to hang. Bold lot, claimed to be toll guards, but no ID's."

The guard snorted. "Aye, they've gotten worse on the roads to the East. He's at the courthouse, middle of town."
"Very good." And he rode on, leading the others into town.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Natsuki chuckled. "Not sure how much you'll learn about it....I don't even know much about it, but you're welcome to try" She replied to Rene as she made a few adjustments to her violin.

"A few powerful allies can go a long way though." she commented as Ivan talked about the difficulties of starting a revolution. She played a few experimental notes before she started into a song, a mellow tune with a relaxed cadence. She played the through until the group arrived at the gates of Brixen.

As the group passed through, and Ivan spoke with the guards, Natsuki put on a sweet smile. She nodded to the guards as Ivan spoke, taking a quick moment to make sure their prisoner was still suitably subdued. She Set her violin down and leaned back against her pack to enjoy the ride as they traveled through town toward the courthouse. "should probably scope out the market after we're done at the courthouse." She commented to Rene. "See what's selling well, what's in demand. I'm willing to bet some Yamaha silks or Kahunian spices would sell well."