Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A very long walk... (Open to all, except spammers!)

A nation that rivals Edwin in power, ruled by the Mustelid. The current system of government is Feudalist/Constitutional Monarchy, with Duchies ruled over by Dukes, which elect the monarch, usually one of the Dukes. The military is third largest in number, and rivals Edwin's fighting effectiveness. It consists of the Gawainian Army. It is geographically one of the largest countries of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval Germany.
Rosaris
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur
United States of America

Re: A very long walk... (Open to all, except spammers!)

Post by Rosaris » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Rene twisted one of his ears back to listen to Natsuki as he smiled a little. "So how much do you think the armor and weapons will sell for?" he asked as he tightened the string around his coinpurse to keep the krone and other money he had with him close before smiling wide, looking at the Vixen before giving a meek smile. "I think maybe 150 Thaler for the mace and swords, 120 for the leather armor and 150 for the steel plate armor. And then just a simple 30 Thaler for the wooden shields they were weilding..." he said with a hrm. "And then maybe two thaler for the corn... just to get it off of my hands." he said with a sigh before giving a soft smile to her.

He watched as Ivan talked with the city guard, shaking his head slowly from side to side as he looked back at the Vixen. "I do intend to learn all I can about you miss Natsuki, you're quite the charmer... and have a keen eye for business... only if I were that good for business." he said with a sigh before looking at the horses. "First stop is the auction house to rid myself of the horses, that should bring in a good chunk of money due to their genetics and breed, Kahunian Pures are very valuable I know that... it could bring me at least thirty gold coins for their sale... if not more... animals is kinda my strong point..." he said with a blush and a rub to the back of his head. "Oh jeez... I'm probably gonna get called on the lack of knowledge of mathmatics on other things..." he said with a grumble escaping his maw as he tried his best at least...
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!

Sponsor

KiloFoxx
Assassin
Species: Arctic Fox

Post by KiloFoxx » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:00 am

Saiko blinked in surprise, he was in his typical forme again, and couldn't seem to use the magic he was testing. the odd hybrid of canine and Badger sighed heavily and went outside for a breath of fresh air. too much time he spent in that room studying and experimenting. he was met by an fit and bouncy red "vixen" outside the building who was just shorter than him.
"so, mister all-fun-no-play has finally stopped working?" she quipped
"it's the oddest thing... the magic was working just fine until a moment ago. then i revert and none of my spells work. most curious... oh no..." the fox was looking up at him, with pleading wide eyes.
"NO Fyra, by the gods no this is not some mystical call to adventure. i will not let you make this your McGuffin!" ((it's a Trope. exactly what Saiko described actually.))
but the fox, Fyra, was long gone, with the unwilling mage Saiko forced to follow.

Fyra darted into the marketplace before realizing that she had no idea how to track what it was she was trying to find, which was incidentally the other fox Natsuki.
"do you even KNOW what you're trying to find?" Saiko groaned about once he caught up
"some sort of magic sink obviously, you taught me that much." Fyra's eyes lit up. she had an idea. the fox made a grand motion with both arms before jutting them both downward by her sides. nothing happened. she smiled innocently
"well it's not just you it's affecting, i'm blocked too. that actually narrows things down a bit..." Saiko hung his head and rubbed his face with a paw.
"you cast fireball didn't you?"
Fyra nodded
"in the middle of the marketplace..."
Fyra nodded again, smiling
"which, if it hadn't been blocked, would have likely caused large amounts of damage because you're still not in full control of your magic"
Fyra started to nod, but realized the mistake halfway through. Saiko sighed heavily again
"and this is why we don't have nice things"
Fyra shrugged
"oh well, no harm no foul! c'mon! time's a wastin! we need to find this magic sink so you can go back to being an introverted boring old shut in studying your magic that causes you to flip genders" Fyra paused midway through starting to run, causing her to stumble.
"but you're no fun like that... this is much more fun... so..." Fyra pulled a short bone from the folds of her clothes and gnawed on it, thinking
"oh gods why me?" Saiko thought to himself "i don't flip genders, i just gain aspects--"
"WE MUST FIND THE MAGIC SINK AND GO WITH IT!" Fyra exclaimed triumphantly, interrupting the canine/badger's explanation. Saiko slapped his forehead then shrugged
"better than running nude through the streets shouting "Eureka"" he reasoned
"I can arrange that" Fyra retorted, smiling in a way that made Saiko sure she wasn't kidding

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Now that Rene and Natsuki were discussing the nitty-gritty of pricing and negotiating, Ivan found himself in front, leading them to the courthouse. He didn't anticipate a particularly difficult interview there, and the prisoner had given him to no trouble either. As a result, the polecat was in no particular hurry, and was free to scope out the market.

It was a typical day, as far as he could tell. There was bustle and haggling, but no crushing or shouting. Their way was not impeded, though the sight of a royal captain and a foxtaur did get a few stares, more out of astonishment than hostility, he was glad to see. Natsuki might have gotten a few whistles, but she was probably more than used to it by now. Ivan, in the meantime, was keeping a lookout for any sheriff.

Of course, there was always a part of the officer that was looking for pretty females as well, and as they passed through a cross-street, he saw one emerge excitedly into the main thoroughfare, right in front of his horse! "Whoa, there!" He had to reign in horse in a hurry, but couldn't even manage to look annoyed at the pretty little vixen. Giving his charming smile, he looked down at her, leaning a bit to greet her. "Good Afternoon, fraulien. I don't suppose you could tell us if the sheriff is in the courthouse today?"
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

KiloFoxx
Assassin

Post by KiloFoxx » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:48 am

Fyra jumped back as she entered the pathway right in the way of a horse, on top of which was a polecat she didn't recognize, obviously military. she was a little puzzled when, instead of being irate, he smiled instead.
"Good Afternoon, fraulien. I don't suppose you could tell us if the sheriff is in the courthouse today?" Fyra bowed her head slightly out of respect.
"Guten Tag, I'm afraid I do not know, but it's the middle of the day so I would imagine he would be unless there was some sort of emergency..." Fyra paused, as if to turn away and continue on, but instead continued. "it, might be a long shot. but i'm looking for something myself. particularly something that would block or absorb the magic of a nearby mage.... would you happen to--" Saiko arrived from behind her, cutting her off.
"damnit Fyra you know i'm not as fast as y--" Saiko stopped, just noticing Ivan. "oh, Hallo Herr, I trust my sister isn't bothering you?" to which Fyra smiled innocently in response. in truth, the two looked nothing alike, and didn't even share a species. Fyra was a full-blooded (as far as she knew at least) Red Fox and Saiko hadn't a drop of fox blood in his veins being a Dog/Badger hybrid.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:48 pm

"you could probably get 150 for all three of the weapons, though I wouldn't expect more than half what you're thinking for the rest of it, gotta keep in mind that it is used equipment. Those are probably good starting prices though. When it comes to selling goods, you want to start with a price that's higher than what you really want, but not outrageous. It gives you room to negotiate prices without getting burned, and never let them think you're desperate to get rid of something no matter how desperate you really are." Natsuki rambled about some of the finer points of selling goods. She barely even noticed the people around them, or the whistles directed her way. She was lost in talking about her trade. "now when it comes to horses, I'm not even close to being an expert in dealing them. I know enough to tell if they're healthy, and in good shape, not a lot more than that." She admitted with a shrug. "you want to learn all about me?....I'm not." She cut off and sat bolt upright in the cart as she felt someone very close attempting to use a spell of some significant power. "ok, that was unusual." She said mostly to herself before Ivan pulled his horse to a stop, and she heard him talking to someone. She had been about to say something when she heard absorbing magic being mentioned. She shut her mouth quick, and leaned back into the cart, trying to make herself inconspicuous. She was more than a little wary of strangers approaching and asking about magic absorption.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Rene rubbed his chin in thought, smiling softly as he got an idea. "Actually I think I will buy a fourth horse, nothing special, and a cart, this way I can give my feet a break, and also customize the cart for a taur and others to sit in it" he said with a smirk as he looked at Natsuki. "I know it won't be easy but... nothing is easy in the beginning, especially nowadays" he said before turning his attention to the people in his path. "Err... cuse me..." he said as he made his way past them and continued down the street, stopping a little ways down it to let Ivan catch up before asking Natsuki something.

"Will you stick with me as a partner until I learn the trade? I'll pay you a good portion if you want" he said with a smile before slowly and carefully sitting down, the cart not moving, but his rear planted on the street as he looked around, before pointing toward a distillery up the street. "Should we head there and sell the corn, then get rid of this crap? I'm keeping the mace for myself, until I can get something better..." he said with a smile. "I wonder if they sell cheap axes here... you know, for cutting wood n such... oh wait! I got one already in my travel kit under the cart..." he thought to himself before snickering a bit to himself. "Hey Natsuki... wanna know the most annoying part about being a Taur is?" he asked just to keep conversation going between them.
National Project Thingy!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Saiko's claim, if it did not raise Ivan's suspicions, it at least elevated his eyebrows. Well, there was a surefire way of testing the truth of that statement: flirting with Fyra, which suited the captain down to his boots. "Sister, eh? Well, you know, I think I may be able to help you with that. Tell you what; after I drop off my prisoner, how about I get you a drink at the best inn in town, eh?" And the polecat gave her a wink.

Natsuki wasn't eager to reveal herself it seemed, and was busy anyhow talking to Rene. He leaned back to ask, "Do you think you'll be able to handle yourselves after I fix things up with the sheriff?"

KiloFoxx
Assassin

Post by KiloFoxx » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:25 am

Saiko rubbed the back of his neck, the topic being scrutinized made him uneasy. "yeah, not by blood though, we kinda adopted each other after I took her in. literally raised by wolves that one."
Fyra, however smiled "sounds like fun to me, all Saiko wants to ever do is fiddle with his spells. i've been DYING for something... exciting" Saiko put his hand on her shoulder
"Fyra, you know what alcohol does to you. i'm really not sure that's something the good captain wants"
"oh this coming from the one who used his magic to levitate around the room last time topless! got more stares than me too..." Fyra retorted, muttering the last bit. "I'd love to, especially if you can help. sorry my sibling's being a stick-in-the-mud poopy-head. i'd like to say he's not always like that, but he SO is." Fyra stepped away with arms crossed, peeved at Saiko who stepped a bit closer to Ivan and lowered his voice.
"if it were anyone other than her, now's where you'd be told what horrors would visit if you meant her harm, but my..." Saiko took a momentary pause "sister was, literally, raised by wolves. just a warning Herr Kapitän..." he stepped back and bowed slightly before turning back to Fyra, relenting
"fine, we'll go... when and where sir?" Fyra smiled, her arm draped over her adopted brother.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Natsuki chuckled as Rene talked about getting another cart. "you could do that I suppose....only problem with carts, and horses is that they cost money to maintain and store. You might want to keep that in mind....personally, I recommend magic bags. no cost beyond an initial investment, and you can carry lots of crap and it feels like practically nothing."

Natsuki replied to Ivan's question as Rene pulled the cart past the polecat. "we can probably manage. You find greener pastures already?" she asked teasingly.

She returned her attention back to Rene as they waited for Ivan to finish his discussion and catch up. "hmmm...partner huh?" She took a long moment to contemplate that one. "if you want to do something like that, you'd be better off following me. I already have established contacts in a lot of places, and I can help you set up deals of your own." she leaned back against her pack again. "I'd say save the corn for last, see what you get for everything else first." She was quiet while Rene was thinking to himself, bouncing her calf on the knee of the other leg. "finding clothes that fit?" she replied with a chuckle.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:18 pm

"Yes but wouldn't magic bags uh... not work..?" he whispered to her before giving a meek smile. "I think I will use the magic bag option then buy a cart then use both of them... haha..." he said with a sigh as he stood up and headed for the market. "So lets go see what is on sale and see what you can do... who knows, you just might teach me something new..." he said with a wink and smile before sighing softly and thinking a bit.

"Yeah I'll sell the horses, buy some magic bags, some goods, then head to the next town with you... and maybe Ivan if he isn't too caught up in his lady chasing..." he said before flinching when something fell from the sky and landed in front of him. "Geh!?"

"Alright..." said Holna as he looked toward the two. "Here I am cruising through the skies on a magic current and then suddenly get yanked down to earth... who's the wise guy?" the feral winged fox didn't seem too pleased that he had hit the ground and had his trip interrupted by magic disruption.
National Project Thingy!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 am

Okay... so apparently this vixen was only half-civilized. Ivan didn't mind particularly; if it was a challenge, he relished it, as far as winning over a female was concerned. At least whatever happened would be a good story to tell...

"Oh, I don't think I'll be longer than an hour. I will meet you... at the Hofbraurei, I have heard good things about it." The biergarten in question was just within sight, in a little alcove of the street. There were flowers and vines growing over the thatch of the place, and the leaves made a green shade over the outside benches and tables. An attractive spot, to be sure, and such locals as were not busy on market day were relaxing outside.

"Until then, fraulein." And with another wink, the polecat spurred his horse back into motion. He had to chuckle at Natsuki's little remark, like that of an old friend. She probably was one by now, considering all they'd had been thrown in together. "I'm no merchant, Natsuki; I don't enjoy bargaining, so I'm always slightly ripped off, I expect. You two have fun, I've got to take care of this little business."

Just as he was dismounting in front of the courthouse, the winged fox just dropped out of the sky while he was gathering the live prisoner and evidence of the dead. He gave Holna a long look, not of surprise or astonishment, but merely one of resignation. "That is a wizard's problem, not mine." He knew all about wizard's problems, enough at least not to want to get more involved than absolutely necessary. He dragged the wretch with him inside, to present to the sheriff.

((I'll do the reward-collecting 'off screen', unless you had any plans of making trouble for Herr Kapitan?))

KiloFoxx
Assassin

Post by KiloFoxx » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:46 am

((*hums to tune to "It's raining men"))

Fyra and Saiko were stunned by the sudden appearance of the feral winged fox. of the two, Fyra was the first to compose herself.
"it seems there's some kind of magic sink in the area, my brother and I were just looking into it actually"
"you actually might be able to help in that regard... exactly how high and how far from this spot were you when you suddenly couldn't fly? this should help us to estimate the range of the magical absorption and pinpoint the centre allowing us to find whatever artifact or person is doing this." Saiko interjected
Fyra nervously looked up
"i'd make a joke about things falling into place/our lap, but i'm terrified that'll take a more literal meaning..."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:20 am

Natsuki shook her head when Rene proposed getting the bags AND the cart. "you won't make money if you spend everything you earn on stuff for yourself." She commented. "when you are building an inventory, the majority of your profit has to go back into goods, otherwise you'll run out of inventory to sell, and have nothing to show for it." She was starting to get the feeling that impressing the proper attitude on Rene may be difficult.

"perhaps we'll see you later in the biergarten then" She grinned "if you haven't already gone off to a more intimate locale by then that is" She continued in the same teasing tones she had used earlier.

She took a step back when the fox fell in front of them. "I'm more curious how a fox got into the skies in the first place." She commented as she busied herself with packing her violin back into her pack. Then began scrutinizing the armor and weapons in the cart, looking to get a better idea of what they may be able to sell them for. Everything seemed in decent condition and well maintained. The blood could be a problem...it had a way of lowering the value of things you wanted to sell....especially armor. She deliberately stayed out of the conversation about a magic sink, as she had nothing she wanted to add to it.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Holna flapped his wings a few times and flew up onto the cart, sniffing of the armor and weapons before making an 'ick' face. "Oh no no no, this simply won't do, blood never fetches a good price... here..." he said as he smacked a potion bottle down on the armor and weapons, the sight and scent of blood being replaced by a new weapon and armor smell. "Restoration potion..." he said with a smile before looking toward the fox and hybrid. "Magic sink..? I've heard of magic voids before, but never a magic sink..." he said before hopping off the cart and flapping his wings again as he approached them, sniffing of them for magic presence as he flicked his tail slowly from side to side.

"Wait a second... I recognize that fox..." he said with a smile as he opened his spell book, flipping to the last page before spying at the drawing on the page, showing the name in ancient script as 'Holna'. "Holna!" he said as he slowly turned with the cart and turning to face him. "Do you mind doing me a biiig favor in return for a book of spells I inherited from my father before he died?"

Holna perked his ears up and looked toward the foxtaur. "I have no use for the book, so keep it, but I will do you a favor at the cost of a deal that I can call you on at any time..."
National Project Thingy!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Some time later, not very long, Ivan emerged from the courthouse carrying three leather purses. It had actually taken longer to count out the coins that handle the incarceration of the remaining guard. The paperwork was minimal, and the sheriff was keen to get a hanging in for the next market in two days; a corpse on the gibbet always brought out the crowds.

The polecat came to distribute the funds, giving his share, as promised, to Rene. He cast a weary eye on the spellbook the latter brought out, and sighed. "You didn't tell me you were one of them. If this sort of thing," He waved a paw towards the grounded Holna, "Isn't too unusual for you, you really should just move west of the Dresden. Even if your neighbors weren't bigots, they wouldn't be sorry to see you go." From his word and tones, the hearer might deduce that Ivan Pachtril had an ambivalent attitude towards wizards, at best. He lived too close to magic to consider it an unmitigated benefit.

But he didn't stay unhappy for long. He did have a date, after all. He was a little early for his appointment, so he took the time to reserve a table before Fyra was to meet him.