Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

(Private RP, Lampshade/Zylowolfos, PM for info)

A nation that rivals Edwin in power, ruled by the Mustelid. The current system of government is Feudalist/Constitutional Monarchy, with Duchies ruled over by Dukes, which elect the monarch, usually one of the Dukes. The military is third largest in number, and rivals Edwin's fighting effectiveness. It consists of the Gawainian Army. It is geographically one of the largest countries of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval Germany.
Zylowolfos
Count

Re: (Private RP, Lampshade/Zylowolfos, PM for info)

Post by Zylowolfos » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:29 am

The two stood, frozen there in the street. Their eyes harbored immense focus, as if to see who would make the first move. Zylo knew, it had to be one of 'them'. The cloak was all too familiar, as was the air of dread this particular brand of fur brought with them. Moments passed as other furs walked by, maneuvering around the only two still furs on the street. If the fox had blinked, he could have missed the Lemur suddenly ducking down and slither away into the streets. Zylo hastily begun his chase after the lemur, his instincts beginning to take over.

The streets had quickly become amassed with more furs, making it very difficult to keep track of individual movements.The lemur was small enough, too, that he was able to make his way through the crowd without much resistance. Zylo's sights on the lemur were locked on as he made his way through the crowd. Still he could not keep up with the volume of traffic, and with his stature he was quickly falling behind his target.

Zylo knew that pursuing the lemur in these conditions was futile. 'I need higher ground,' he thought, quickly hopping on to a nearby barrel against a building. He quickly scaled the wall of the short building and looked over the crowd as he continued his parallel pursuit. From above he could see the one fur moving against the crowd. Luckily the fox had only fallen behind a few yards, now he would be able to catch up to his assailant. Something seemed different this time... Normally an assailant would try and attack by now. Even in broad daylight, if he was good enough, he could get away. 'Unless...Im not his target,' Zylo's mind snapped to. The only other fur he had made contact with was Alessio. Meaning, if someone had been watching, they would most likely go after Coon, just like they had done with Monte.

'I'll kill you if you even get near him,' Zylo thought scornfully. "Alessio, please still be home," he whispered softly as he closed the distance on his target. Only a few more moment and he would make his move.

Sponsor

lampshade
Assassin
United States of America

Post by lampshade » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:04 am

As Dusk made his way through the city streets, he began to notice that, for the first time in a long time, he was appreciating the city in the way that Leonardo had taught him to all those years ago. Without vendettas and grudges on his mind, he remembered the artistic beauty that the world around him had to offer. The city wasn’t perfect and neither were the people’s lives who lived in it, but on every street corner Dusk saw an inspiring scene unfolding. ‘Perhaps,’ he thought to himself, ‘I need to pick my paintbrushes back up and create some original artwork of my own.’

Dusk took his time picking his way through the streets, occasionally taking a moment to sketch something he found particularly inspiring before moving on. The raccoon had chosen a busy time of day to wander the city as the crowds of furs hustled and bustled here and there.

Eventually, Dusk found himself at the city marketplace where hundreds of vendors peddled their wares in open stalls. He hadn’t been shopping for pleasure in some time and decided to spend a little bit of time browsing the various goods for sale.

Nordlingen’s open market offered a variety of goods to those who were willing to haggle with sellers over the price. Merchants carried everything from exotic creatures to incense and tapestries. As Dusk was looking through the inventory of an armorer, he came across a pair of steel greaves with a silver-plated finish that he thought would look perfect on Zylo. The raccoon hardened his resolve. If was to get these greaves for the fox, he must be prepared to fight an epic battle where fortunes were made and lost. Dusk’s eyes narrowed and he took a deep breath before calling out to the merchant running the shop.

For the next twenty minutes, an epic battle of words ensued. Profanities were hurled, questions of integrity were posed, accusations about the weight of one of the party’s mothers was involved. Truly, it was a test of wills from which the raccoon ultimately arose triumphant. ‘I can’t believe I got him to knock off half the asking price,’ Dusk thought gleefully to himself.

As the raccoon began to exit the marketplace, some unusual movement in the crowded streets in front of him caught his eye. He narrowed his gaze and noticed cloaked fur aggressively making his way toward the market, pushing his way through the throngs of furs as he moved closer. As Dusk continued to watch the cloaked fur, he began to realize that the fur wasn’t moving toward the market, he appeared to be moving toward him.

Dusk had been chased through the city streets by Andrea’s cronies many times in the past. He knew the look of a pursuer all too well and it quickly became apparent that the cloaked fur’s eyes were upon him.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Speed was one of Zylo's specialties, the momentum from leaping and bounding over the various roof structures definitely helped him catch up to his mysterious target. Zylo was within jumping distance of his target. He noticed the Lemur reach for a scabbard at his side, unsheathing a jagged blade.

The fox looked ahead, eyes growing wide as his worst fears seemed to be playing out before him. The Coon was oblivious at first, however, his lackadaisical pace had slowed almost to a complete stop once he noticed the cloaked fur targeting him.This could not happen, not again. The distance between all three of them was closing. Zylo's original plan had put given him a good vantage point, but the stakes had been changed and there was no way to stall from his position. 'Alessio... I...' his mind was starting to lose focus. "NO! It's not over yet!" He tried to rally himself.

Zylo gave a final heavy push into his sprint as he approached the edge of the last building. He suddenly began to feel... Distant.'Not now...' He thought bitterly. This feeling was all too familiar. His heart pounded in his ears as time seemed to slow. Though his mind was clear, his body seemed to move on its own, determined to make an attempt. He found himself midair, diving for the assailant now. Thankfully he could see that he had gained just enough lead to stop the lemur from getting too close to Alessio.

Things turned sour as his target seemed to have dissapeared from their cloak. Zylo swatted at the cloak and quickly reacted to catch himself softly on the ground. He stood and looked to Alessio, then quickly scanned the area to see if the lemur had fled. Nothing. Zylo clutched the empty cloak in his paw and muttered to himself in frustration "Damn...again with you teleporting bastards!".

lampshade
Assassin
United States of America

Post by lampshade » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Dusk stood in place for some time slowly processing everything that had just transpired. As soon as it had become apparent that he was being hunted, the raccoon’s mind had flown through several different scenarios and their possible outcomes. It wasn’t until he realized that it was Zylo who had pounced on his assailant that Dusk began to calm down.

The raccoon moved quickly through the crowd to the place where Zylo had landed on the cloaked fur. As he finally managed to squeeze past the last of the furs in his way, he saw the fox crouched on the ground examining what appeared to be the attacker’s cloak. That fur that had been wearing had somehow escaped.

Dusk composed himself before approaching the fox and knelt down beside him. He could tell from Zylo’s expression that the fox was still running on instinct and had been quite shaken by what had just transpired. More so, it seemed, than Dusk. The raccoon reached out to touch Zylo on the shoulder, but quickly withdrew his paw when the fox’s body jerked in response to his touch. “Sorry,” Dusk said quietly.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:52 pm

Adrenaline still pumped through the fox's veins. The feeling of anger and frustration at his failed submission of his target kept him in such a state, even didn't even notice when the coon reached out to him and he pulled away. It was almost as if he had become a different fur. Granted, preparing oneself for a kill is not a delightful process, but even Zylo felt like he himself became a little... Different in these situations.

"Sorry," Alessio's voice rang in Zylo's ears, even though the coon spoke softly now. The fox's ears perked, and his rage subsided. This was the whole reason he was here.

"Alessio!" The fox quickly turned and scooped the racoon into his arms. He gently nuzzled the coon, choking back tears as he spoke quietly. "I was so worried..."

The fox clearly had no regard for the glances and looks that they received as they walked by.

lampshade
Assassin
United States of America

Post by lampshade » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:12 pm

It was obvious that the fox was back to his usual self, but Dusk could tell that the experience had greatly unnerved him. Zylo obviously cared for him a great deal despite the short time that the two had known each other, but Dusk understood why. He could feel it too.

The raccoon could sense the stares of the furs passing by on the streets, but he was starting to get used to public displays of affection. Dusk looked up into Zylo’s face and could see that the fox was trying hard to keep his composure. He reached up, stroked the fox’s face, and said, “I’m fine. You kept me safe.”

Dusk hadn’t taken Zylo’s warning as seriously as he should have and this situation had made that painfully clear. The raccoon couldn’t be sure how things would have turned out had the fox not shown up when he did. It was clear that Dusk would need to be more careful in the future so that the next time a cloaked fur came to attack him, he would make sure they regretted it.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 am

Zylo simply smiled as the looked down at the coon. All that mattered to him now was that Alessio was safe. However, it terrified Zylo that the coon had already been targeted. This only meant that he would have to be on his toes at all times, not an unfamiliar task to the fox.

"We... We should probably sit down somewhere and figure out a plan," Zylo stated, setting down the coon gently. The fox knew that their target was the relics. He also knew that the closer they got to knowing the truth the more dangerous their task would be. Zylo wanted to have several fallbacks so that they could minimalize their chances of being in total danger.

lampshade
Assassin
United States of America

Post by lampshade » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:10 pm

“There’s a public fountain not too far from here that would probably be a good place to have a chat,” Dusk said as he smiled at the fox. The two released their hold on one another and Dusk led the way through the crowded city streets. As the went, Dusk made an effort to describe the various buildings and structures they passed on their way. The fact that Zylo was essentially a foreigner in a strange land had completely escaped the raccoon up till that point.

About a ten minute walk from where the attack had taken place, Dusk and Zylo arrived at one of the city’s most enviable attractions. The Fontana Delle Muse sat in one of the most heavily trafficked public squares in the city. It had been sculpted completely in marble by several different artists from across the kingdom who were renowned at the time of its creation. The fountain depicted various creatures and furs from Gawainian mythology and thalers of varying values lay submerged on the floor of the main pool.

It had always been easy for Dusk to find subjects to sketch and paint in this square, given the tremendous amount of activity that took place there every day. There was another benefit that the square provided, which Dusk planned to take advantage of today. It was the only public square in the city to have a constant rotation of guards patrolling the area. Taking money from the fountain was strictly forbidden and the guards stood watch to ensure that no one’s temptation got the better of them.

Dusk brought Zylo over to the side of the fountain where he usually sat to make his sketches and made himself comfortable. “Well, do you think that we can plan comfortably here?,” the raccoon asked Zylo with a smile.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:51 pm

Zylo let the coon lead the way through the city. The fox took note of the various structures and pathways as Alessio spoke. The gawainian culture was very much an intrigue to him now. As they arrived at the fountain, Zylo's jaw dropped. The beautiful, marble fountain sparkled in the daylight as small droplets of water trickled down from every masterfully sculpted edge. The fox was never a big religious buff, but the depiction of these mythical beasts from lore made him feel as if though he stood in the very presence of the gods themselves.

"This is... Perfect," he said to the coon, breathlessly. Zylo looked at the coon and smiled, feeling a deep warmth settle in his chest.

The pair sat at a small bench near the fountain, enjoying the view for a moment. Zylo knew there was much they needed to discuss, however. He hung his head to think for a moment before clearing his throat and looking to Alessio. "So... I am undoubtedly sure that you understand just how dangerous the kind of furs I'm dealing with are at this point," he said, his eyes focused now on the coon. "It seems they don't want me to find the Relics... And their appearance can only mean that one is nearby," he explained. Zylo seemed to be lost in thought as he looked away and fell silent. A matter of second later, he shook his head and took Alessios paw. "I...I just need to know that you'll be safe," he said softly, staring deeply into the coon's eyes.

The fox didn't wait long, before reaching into his bag and pulling out a white, sheathed blade. It was small, curved, and light, it carried a sense of craftsmanship with its painted handle and golden-plated hilt. "You should keep this, just in case," he said handing the blade over to Alessio.

lampshade
Assassin
United States of America

Post by lampshade » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Dusk hesitated at first when Zylo offered him the blade. The raccoon could tell that it was an exemplary display of metal working, but the thought of its edges stained with blood unsettled him. He understood why the fox wanted him to carry the blade with him, but he had always gone out of his way to avoid violence in the past. Dusk took the blade from Zylo and felt its weight in his paw. It was heavier than he had expected.

He looked up at Zylo and tried to mask his discomfort with gratitude, “I appreciate you giving me this, but I don’t know that it will find its greatest use in my paws. My way of ‘fighting,’ if one could even call it that, is based primarily on evasion and deception. Despite the many hirelings Andrea sent after me over the years, I honestly can’t remember a single time that I used lethal force in order to protect myself.” The raccoon became a little sheepish as he continued, “It’s just… I’m not a huge fan of violence.”

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Zylo looked away for a moment, realizing the weight of what he had just put on the coon. 'You've dragged him right into thick of your mess... And you already expect him to defend himself?' The fox sighed heavily, his shoulders dropping as he looked back to the coon. "I know that feeling... And I don't expect you to use this, unless you really need to," he stopped for a moment. "You should be aware... that 'they' will not even think twice about putting their blades through you..." He could barely make out the last few words without quivering slightly. "I couldn't forgive myself if something happened to you... Ever," he said, a firey determination to protect Alessio burning in his eyes.

lampshade
Assassin
United States of America

Post by lampshade » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:11 pm

There was honestly no way for Dusk to get around those eyes of Zylo’s. His aversion to violence was completely outweighed by the guilt he knew he would feel if he caused the fox to fret over him anymore than he already was. Dusk sighed and tucked the blade away along with his sketching supplies. “Okay, okay. I’ll carry the knife around if it will make you feel better. Just stop looking at me with those eyes of yours,” Dusk said with a smile.

It was then that Dusk suddenly remembered the gift that he had purchased for Zylo before things had taken such an unfortunate twist. The raccoon’s grinned widened, “Actually, you bringing up personal safety reminds me of something.” Dusk rummaged around in his bag until he found the bound leather containing the greaves. He pulled the package from his bag and presented is to the fox, “I saw these while I was looking around the market and thought you might like them . . . “ A flush appeared on Dusk’s cheeks and he looked away from Zylo as he awaited his reply.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Zylo looked down at the gleaming, silver-plated greaves in Alessio's paws. "These are... amazing!" He took them slowly, as if they were made of glass. At first, he handled them with utmost care, feeling every edge of the tempered metal. As a former blacksmith by trade, Zylo couldn't help but admire the metalwork. He stopped for a moment, outstretching the greaves toward the coon as if to give them back. "Alessio...I thank you a million times but, these must have been expensive! This piece was made by a very skilled blacksmith, the craftsmanship is absolutely outstanding! I couldn't possibly take these from you!" He said sheepishly.

lampshade
Assassin
United States of America

Post by lampshade » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:19 pm

“If I had thought you unworthy of them, I wouldn’t have got them for you in the first place,” Dusk replied cheekily. The raccoon gently pushed the fox’s outstretched paws back. “I couldn’t possibly wear heavy metal armor like that. It inhibits movement and flexibility so much that it would only get in my way. Besides, you’ve just given me what appears to be a rather valuable blade, so you can consider this a trade if it will ease your conscience,” Dusk said with a wink.

Zylowolfos
Count

Post by Zylowolfos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Zylo smiled as he nodded at the Coon. "That blade is quite valuable, indeed... it was a gift that Monte had made for me when I first started as a blacksmith in his hometown of Aquilon," He smiled as his mind wandered back to that day, and he remembered how happy the stallion was in giving him the dagger. It was the same way that the raccoon seemed to feel when he offered Zylo the greaves. "I really thank you Alessio," The fox said, he paused, then reached out for the coon's chin and pulled him in, planting a soft smooch on his lips. "From the bottom of my heart," He finished, smiling softly.

The fox sighed as he realized it was already past midday and there was still much he had hope to do in the day. "Alessio, I must ask... have there been any strange occurrences in the last few months that you have heard of? Anything involving... magic?" he asked hesitantly.