Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

In finding Crystal town, we found Crystal...(Private)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
Kiba Kurokage
God
Species: Lupine

In finding Crystal town, we found Crystal...(Private)

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:40 pm

The area was white, snow as far as the eye could see, and still it was falling, falling right into the faces of a black furred wolf named Kiba and the demon cat named Shade. The cold air blew in bursts, cutting through their thick clothing and chilling them to the bone. The endless march across the barren area had left them both tired, but not unfunctional. As the light began to fade, turning the bright white of the landscape to a much softer gray, Kiba stopped finally. "Hey Shade, you wanna set up camp or keep going?" he asked. They had been out here for three days now and the cold had less effect on them, though it didn't help that they were both still freezing. The feeling had gone from his feet about an hour ago, but Kiba didn't want to complain. The snow crunched under his boots. "So what do you say?" he said. He knew they should stop, after all Crystal town wasn't going anywhere. Neither was the sender of the letter that brought them here.

Sponsor

Shade
Duke
Species: Demon Cat

Post by Shade » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Shade looked over at Kiba and saw him shivering. "very well." he said "Let's stop." As Shade stated making the tents, kiba went to search for food, leaving Shade to wonder why they came. Building the tents was easy, building the fire was the hard part. But, as luck would have it, he had a good fire by the time Kiba got back. He turned to kiba and said "so why didn't Shiro want to come?"
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/wolvesdarkangel/Randomness/th_shade2.jpg[/img]
To see the full sized image, follow my stats link:
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=37581#37581]Shade's stats[/url]
[size=200][color=orange][[/color][b][color=red][u]+=-[/u][/color]
[color=orange][u]/----\[/u]=[/b][/size][/color]
[color=olive][size=142]'[/size][size=192]O-O-O[/size][size=142]'[/size][/color]
[b][i]'SPAMMA TANK' Beta+
A.I. Equipped[/i][/b]
~COMING SOON TO THE MARKET~
Shade's Signature Tanks

Kiba Kurokage
God

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Kiba came back with two small plants that he found as well of some meat of the dumb wildlife that lived just about everywhere. He placed them down in the ice beside the fire. "She had a few things to finish with. She should be following us by now, if not soon." He turned back to his bag and got out the collapseable pot. He placed snow in it and put it over the fire to melt and make the start of a meal and something to drink. As the snow melted over the crackling flames he noticed that Shade didn't seem as cold as he felt. "How do you stand the cold so well?" He had no idea, as he was always a warm-temperature lover himself.
The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Ask the deck and hope the cards fall in your favor...

[size=200][color=olive][b]/=~[/b][/color][b][color=brown]____[/color]
[u][color=olive](_)[/color][color=brown]|[/color][color=darkblue]+==[/color][/u][color=red]>[/color]
[color=brown][u]/[/u][/color][color=orange][u]DELTA[/u][/color][color=brown][u]\[/u][/color][color=green]==[/color][/b]
[color=Darkred]'O-O-O-O'[/color][/size]
[i][b]'SPAMMA TANK' Delta[/b][/i] [size=75]Created by [url=http://twilightus.net/feila/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1356]Shade[/url][/size]
[i][b]AI Equipped Tank[/b][/i]

Shade
Duke

Post by Shade » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Shade looked over at Kiba from where he was sitting and said "My aura can keep out the cold sometimes, but me being a demon doesn't hurt either." He stood up an turned around, facing Kiba, and said "Why are we coming here again Kiba? I mean, I know we got that letter, but what exactly are we coming for?" And then, he tilted his head and sat down. "It just seems strange Kiba. What's you're opinion?" he said as he fell backwards into the snow.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/wolvesdarkangel/Randomness/th_shade2.jpg[/img]
[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?p=37581#37581]Shade's stats[/url]
A.I. Equipped[/i][/b]
Shade's Signature Tanks

Kiba Kurokage
God

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Kiba sighed. He brought the letter out from his pocket. This single letter had started this entire trek. "We are coming to meet a particular contact. This letter says that we were to come and find a crystal in the city of crystal. Seems pretty easy, but things are often deceptive. The sender of the letter wants to see us for something important, so here we are, seeing what was so darn important, that they couldn't send a messenger with the message instead, who actually knew what was going on." He said slightly irritated. He thought he heard something his ear cocked up slightly, moving this way and that, trying to hear it again. Something floating down from the sky caught his attention, for it wasn't white like the snow. He plucked it from the air and noticed that it was a dark-colored feather with silver lines running the length. "What is this?" He asked to himself, wondering where and from whom it came from.

[u][color=olive](_)[/color][color=brown]|[/color][color=darkblue]+==[/color][/u][color=red]>[/color]
[color=brown][u]/[/u][/color][color=orange][u]DELTA[/u][/color][color=brown][u]\[/u][/color][color=green]==[/color][/b]
[i][b]'SPAMMA TANK' Delta[/b][/i] [size=75]Created by [url=http://twilightus.net/feila/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1356]Shade[/url][/size]

Shade
Duke

Post by Shade » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:26 pm

"Hmm." Shade hummed, thinking about different things. He was beginning to feel tired, and he asked Kiba "How's the food coming Kiba? I'm getting kinda hungry..." It was at this time when he heard Kiba say 'What is this?' and he looked over at kiba and saw that he had a rather unusual feather in his hand. "What's that ya got there Kiba? And where did it come from?" He said as he then sat up and looked at Kiba.
A.I. Equipped[/i][/b]
Shade's Signature Tanks

Kiba Kurokage
God

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:34 pm

"It fell from the sky, so I am assuming that some creature was up there, though with all the clouds and snow, I can't see anything." He handed the feather over to Shade for him to look at. "But the food should be ready by now." He said and looked at te simmering meat, he had added a lump or two of salt, but it wasn't the best meal he's had. It was edible and didn't taste horrible, so considered it a good meal. He pulled half the meat from the pot and put it into a metal bowl, one of three dishes he had by or in the fire. He handed the warm bowl to Shade, "Sorry for the quality, it's still food though." He grabbed his own bowl and brought the pot off the fire, letting it cool while they ate gave them something to drink afterward.

Shade
Duke

Post by Shade » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:54 pm

[center](Sorry it took me so long to post Kiba, And anyone else who might be watching the story :wink: )[/center]
"I see..." mumbled Shade as he looked at the strange feather Kiba had just handed him, turning it over and over. Once Kiba mentioned that the food was ready to be eaten though, he almost forgot about the feather, but he tucked it away in a corner of his mind to think about later. He set the feather down where he would be able to find it later and said "Mmmmm... Looks good to me." as he took the bowl from Kiba and started eating. "It's jus fine, Kiba. In fact, I'ts rather good." he said, after eating a little more. After Shade had finished eating, he got up took a big drink from his water flask. Then, he poured some of the hot water from the pot into a cup and put some herbs into the water to make some tea. Then Shade looked over at Kiba and asked him "Would you like some tea, Kiba?" as he put a small, tin lid on top of his cup.
A.I. Equipped[/i][/b]
Shade's Signature Tanks

Kiba Kurokage
God

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:01 pm

Kiba offered a small smile. "With where we are? Are you joking or something?" he joked at Shade, a small smile forcing it's way onto his muzzle. "Of course I'll have some tea. Even if I didn't like it, a warm drink out here is very helpful." his thoughts began to wander slightly as he began to think about this situation. "Tell me Shade... What do you think that finding a crystal in the city of crystal is supposed to mean? I think it could either be an actual crystal, but it could also be the name of an area in this city. It's just a little much to think about right now, don't you think?" He sighed and tried to relax. Being so far north meant that the days stretched for weeks or even months, as did the nights. He was just glad to be out here when the sun was shining.

Shade
Duke

Post by Shade » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:26 pm

Shade just smiled at Kiba's response and he said "Alright then, Kiba. I'm pretty sure you'll like this blend though." as he poured some more hot water into another cup, added some herbs and put a lid on the cup as he handed the cup to Kiba and said "Let it brew for a few minutes before you drink it though, Kiba." As Shade sat back, he heard Kiba's question about the meaning of the letter and he said "I'm not too sure myself, Kiba. For all we know, it might even be the name of a person." Shade looked over to the feather that he had set down before he started eating and he picke dit up. "It tis quite an interesting feather, Kiba." he said as he looked over it once more before giving it back to Kiba. "Well, the tea should be done by now." Shade said as he picked up his cup and removed the lid. "I would recommend drinking your tea and going right to sleep. We've got a while to go before we get there still. Just don't forget to put out the fire once you're done." He then drank his tea and went over to the tent and got inside. As he was lying down, he started to think about all the things that had been happening recently as he waited for Kiba to enter the tent, but before Kiba arrived, Shade was already fast asleep.
Last edited by Shade on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A.I. Equipped[/i][/b]
Shade's Signature Tanks

Kiba Kurokage
God

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:34 pm

"Oh yeah, Like we are going to set anything on fire out here in the tundra." He said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes slightly but he was smiling. He looked at the feather again. "I wonder what you came from..." He put it in his pocket and decided not to think about it or it would drive him crazy. He waited until the tea was ready and drank some. It wasn't bad, wasn't great either, but much better then any tea he had tasted before. He sighed and slipped into the tent as well, falling alseep shortly after.

Shade
Duke

Post by Shade » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:57 pm

After several hours of sleep, Shade woke up and looked over at Kiba and said "Wake up, Kiba." he said as he shook Kiba gently, "It's your turn to pack up camp and set up for breakfast. I'm going out to hunt for some food, since you went to find food last time." Then Shade got up and left the tent to go and find some food. Once Shade was outside, he opened up his wristblade, grabbed a bag to put his findings in, and used his aura to cloak himself better so he didn't stick out so much, giving him an edge while he was hunting. After doing that, Shade teleported himself high into the air to get a quick look at his surroundings. After returning to the ground, he set off in a direction that he assumed would be most profitable.

After walking a while, Shade found some berries that he knew were good for food and he collected a decent amount before moving on. He then found a few more of the plants that Kiba had found, and he put them in the bag with the berried he collected. After he had put the plants in his bag, he saw two *feral rabbits. Shade hadn't been noticed yet because he was still cloaked with his aura. His wristblade was open, and in a flash he had teleported over and dispatched the two feral rabbits, making sure it was painless. After placing the two rabbits in the bag, Shade decided that he had enough, and he teleported up into the sky to se which direction camp was, then once he saw it, he teleported back down, ate a pill, and teleported himself back to camp. He thought to himself "I wonder how camp is coming..." just as he got back to camp. He then looked around and said "Kiba, I'm back." as he unpacked his food bag and set the stuff down on a small table.

((*Feral is the term I use for non-anthro))
((Shade was gone about 25 minutes))
((Ydont have to make a hunting/gathering scene like I did if you don't want to. I just wanted to make a big post.))
A.I. Equipped[/i][/b]
Shade's Signature Tanks

Kiba Kurokage
God

Post by Kiba Kurokage » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:45 am

Kiba groaned but sat up slowly as Shade explained. He just sat in the tent for a few mo0mments, blinking and trying to stay awake. He sighed and stood up, putting on his long coat to help keep him warm outsde as he packed the tent back up into a managable size. He left the table and fire out and going, knowing they woud use them, but packed everything else back into the bag. It was still chilly, and he knew that he would have to do something about the snow glare, or white-out. But that would have to come later. He turned and saw Shade appear with a bag of rabbits and plants and sighed again, rolling his shoulders to loosen them up for the new day. "Hey Shade. The Crystal town shouldn't be too far away. Unless we get hopelessly lost, we should be there before lunch time."