Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Arctic Fur (open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
Ziger
Baron

Arctic Fur (open)

Post by Ziger » Fri May 21, 2010 6:23 pm

How long had he been trekking through the wastes? It was becoming a blur in his mind. A month perhaps, maybe even more. Time was a phenomenon all too often unstable in his mind. He was used to it by now, though. The great white hare stumbled slowly through the gusts of pelting snow as it drove against his side, making him walk at a funny angle into the wind. Snow plastered his robe against his side, pulled tight to break the sudden gusts as they worked against him. One paw reached for his satchel, feeling around inside to check his food stores.

He had nothing left. A pang shot through him in the form of rage and fright. He brought the bag up close against his face, peering through the eye slits of his hood, straining to see the hole in the bottom of the bag. "What?!" His scream was muffled by the blowing snow, drowning it out with all the fresh powder coming down. He peered out against the white out, grinding his teeth together at how stupid he had allowed himself to be.

He spied through the whiteout a place for him to hide, where others would hide. He bounded across the top of the snow, leaping and bouncing, never sinking in more than a few inches. He snuck in under the tidal drift, arched over to form a sort of cave. At the very back he dug a small hole, wiggled in, pulled his robe tight around himself, and knocked loose snow down over top himself. Disguised as the snow itself, he watched out of the eye slit again, waiting for some one else as unfortunate as he had been to wander close. Secretly he prayed it would not happen. He always hated resorting to less than acceptable eating habits.

Sponsor

Rosaris
Duke
Species: Grey/Fennec Foxtaur
United States of America

Re: Arctic Fur (open)

Post by Rosaris » Fri May 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Of course, the wilds had their advantages for the creatures that were commonly seen in the snows and ice of the wastes. One of these said creatures was an Arctic Fox and her kit, who had been tailing the lost rabbit for about two, three days now, having snatched up the food that was dropped out of his bag... she didn't think for once he was lost, and just took advantage of the free food to feed herself, and her kit. Survival was an ideal and a must in these unforgiving lands... something she had to remember on a daily basis from the awakening of the villages, to the times of rest once again.

She sniffed a bit of the air after the gusts had died down, making sure she hadn't lost him as she continued to creep amongst the powdery snows, seeing him bolt for something caused her insinct to kick in, her, and her kit both darting for the area that he was in, then laying down just out of sight, and out of reach of the bunny itself, a bit unsure of how'd he react to being stalked by a wild animal, and her kit... not many did react to it at all, but some do tend to get creeped out by it if they notice it right away. "Momma..?" asks the young kit, nosing a bit at her side, causing her attention to snap away from the area the bunny was hiding in. "Is... the person dead?" that... was a question she couldn't answer. Was he? Wasn't he? She didn't know, but figured that he could have more food for them, and if he was dead... then to the wastes go the spoils to the wild.

"I don't know Midnight..." she says quietly, beginning to creep forward, moving her forepaw to rest gently against the little kit's muzzle to tell her to shush before going to peek down into the cave-like area, her ears pinned back to her head to prevent the wind from stuffing ice and snow into them, and to make her presence a bit less known... maybe if she was lucky, he'd pass out and she'd have free roam of his satchel. Just maybe then she could steal some more food from him if he had any to give.

Midnight eeped slightly when she felt the cold paw cover the front of her muzzle, nodding and keeping quiet as she watched her momma, wagging her tail happily from side to side as she took notes from her, watching her every move so she could learn to do the same when she was old enough to live on her own, and actually hunt on her own too! She had learned how to snatch fish from the villages they occasionally entered, and learned how to hide fairly well, so it was time for her to learn how to live in the wilds so she didn't have to depend on the 'two-leggers' for food all the time.
My Characters in Detailed Things and plus Threads!
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to Disappear...
Feila Discord Server! Join Naoh!!
National Project Thingy!
Winter is Coming... are you prepared for the coming STORM?!

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Fri May 21, 2010 7:36 pm

He took a deep breath of the frozen air through the the thick fabric of his robe. The wind had been blowing on and off for so long that he had not had time to build warmth up in his fur. He took the time now to take count of what parts of his body still had enough feeling in them to warrant warming up right then and there. It'd been too long since the last time he had seen fire and its flickering warmth. He wished he still had some tinder in his pack to draw a spark on. He'd chewed the last of his branches for food before he had run out of what had fallen from his pouch. He waited patiently for something to come his way, any thing at all. Short of eating sentient life, he was willing to do quite a bit to get his next meal.

He strained his ears to listen through the dying wind outside. He could hear something, but he was not sure at all what it was. He prayed for something edible, and steeled himself away into silence, unmoving behind the thick cloth and ice wall he had covered himself in. He could feel something drawing near, and prepared. He silently moved himself about in the snow, ready to pounce on what ever came his way. He waited until he could feel life nearing the inside of his trap, and held his breath so as not to give himself away. Little known fact, rabbits can eat meat if necessary.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Fri May 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Jen knew that Rabbits did weird things, it was pretty much a law of survival in the wilds... so it wouldn't surprise her one bit. She kept herself pressed down in the snows, only peeking down into the hole at the bunny and hoping not to be noticed, ready to dart away at the very second it made a threatening move... she had the right idea it did, which was wait for food... and right now, the bunny looked pretty appetising to her, though she couldn't kill such a big creature!

"Is... it dead yet momma?" asks the kit, only to meep out when she got a bit of snow swept back at her to tell her to keep quiet, the little kit giving a loud huff toward the older Vixen, followed by a lower growl of annoyance... maybe the rabbit would think it was merely the winds playing tricks on his ears?
National Project Thingy!

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Fri May 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Gree scooped a small amount of snow from the ground beneath him and held it up to white furred muzzle. With a slow and silent exhale burning rabbit lungs were relieved, breath melting the snow, which stopped steam from escaping. What was left disappeared into the hare's muzzle, keeping his breath invisible. Something was definitely out there, and he wanted to be ready for it. His legs were crouched back against the snow, ready to kick off at a moment's notice to catch a vital food source.

The rabbit waited like this for as long as it took. The wilds had taught many important rules to Gree in the long life he had spent living off the world around him. 'How did I get so lost?' Thoughts began to drift in and out, first back to the task at hand, keeping secret until the time came, then back to the world he had left behind. He could remember the last time a town visit had happened, when last food stores had been replenished. There friends were made with others who's names were never spoken. People dubbed crazy, too superstitious to be taken seriously. He found them as good company to share his past with.

Thoughts drifted back, eyes opened again, peering through the tiny slit in the fabric, trying to catch a glimpse of what ever it was that was sitting on the edge of the tunnel. The hare, frosted and freezing, did not think of food, nor of hunting. He thought only of survival, wishing he could find another way with which to sustain himself.

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Fri May 21, 2010 9:02 pm

The Vixen merely blinked once when she didn't seem to see the rabbit in the hole anymore... that was strange, it... couldn't have just disappeared into thin air, could it? It wasn't a dream, she knew THAT much, so where did it go?! Creeping even closer to the edge, she made her presence more visible now as she nervously peered down into the hole, sniffing a bit of the air for another hint of the bunny's scent to say he was still there, her brownish eyes sparkling as they searched the snows and shadows for any hint of the bunny's presence.

"Where did... it go?" she thinks, blinking once before looking at the kit when she wandered over and began to search for whatever it was in the hole, the little kit wagging her tail more in excitement rather than being cautious like her mother was, and was more at risk for falling down into the hole from a shift in the powder than the adult was. "I don't see it momma!" she says, her little, young voice having a hint of disappointment in it as she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary... all the little one could see was white, white, and more white.

Jen sighed softly and nodded, steam rolling from her muzzle as she did so before she nodded and laid down on her belly, continuing to stare down in the shadows, a bit disappointed herself. "I guess we wait... if it's down there, it's sure to move or something... it can't be comfortable for long in the cold" she says, still ready to run as that small irk in her gut said that something was about to go wrong... What exactly? She didn't know. She was questioning herself about the reality that she was chasing a snow ghost.
National Project Thingy!

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Fri May 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Snowshoe feet were going numb, butted up against the snow wall behind him, ready to pounce. Powerful legs became heavy and stiff with each passing moment, racking what feeling he had left with pain. Rabbit teeth began to gently gnaw on lower lip to take a wandering mind off the aches of the body. Silver eyes fluttered open again, catching glimpses of moving white on white past the blur of the fabric.

Rabbit ears strained to hear, tuning back into the real world after a short drift into the land of memories. He instantly became aware of the wind picking back up outside, and of the little breaths coming from the entrance of his chamber. The wind would draw them closer in, and then it would begin.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Fri May 21, 2010 9:39 pm

A shadowy furred raccoon wearing an arctic fox's furs that was given to him by his adopted family of foxes, a katana on his back and some fish supplies, trudges through the snow to get to his fishing spot before any other fur gets it. I don't remember much of where I come from but I hope that I can soon...maybe I do remember something but then again, maybe not. He was so deep in thought that he didn't even see the arctic vixen, but with his cloak on he didn't expect any. All he wanted to do was fish for his dinner and hopefully some money also. He fell down face hitting the snow when he stepped on some ice that he didn't see, "Ow...shoot...I hope I didn't brake anything."
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Fri May 21, 2010 9:59 pm

As the wind started to pick up the little kit began to creep back before she was blown forward, the sudden shift in weight causing the entire edge of the thing to collapse, sending BOTH of the Foxes tumbling down into the hole with a loud yip. The older Vixen landed and rolled to a stop, remaining still as she tried to make her senses stop spinning every direction, the kit however, had landed on her belly, and was now standing back up with a soft whimper of pain. "That huuuuurrrrt!" she whined out, looking over at her mother, not even aware of the Bunny that was down in the hole with them... well, if it was even still there that is.

The Vixen hadn't even noticed the coon, and let out a groan herself as her senses came back to normal, rolling onto her belly and looking toward the kit, flashing her a feral smile before looking up toward the top of the hole. "I will wait for the winds to die down... then I guess we can crawl back out" she says, looking back at the kit, wagging her tail slowly from side to side, only to go back into her little guard mode and sniff of the air for anything else out of the ordinary.
National Project Thingy!

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Fri May 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Memories danced about, body forgotten for the time being. The world of civilization, albeit distant, was a fond memory. The lonesome hare valued above all his relationship with the local rift raft, the homeless who no one payed attention to. They shared stories from countless lives, told to them by passerbys, or just overheard from excited people talking. The mysterious hare had shared his story with these people, knowing no one would ever believe it if 'Crazy Larry' told them his truth. A smile melted the frost on white muzzle, and silver eyes drifted open.

Shock shot through his crouched body, and a ragged breath breaking free in a cloud of steam that billowed out from the slit in the cloak. They were right in front of him, and he had near fallen asleep! Eyes strained to see what had fallen into his trap, but all that could be made out through the haze was a single white ghost of life. Gree pulled his knife from its holster, and pinned the cloak in place, leaving it behind as he shot free of his hidden cove.

A flash of white, a spray of snow, and the hare shot forth, sliding out and colliding with the larger of the two. Frost covered arms wrapped tight around her and squeezed, trying to keep any fight from her down, and trying to keep those jaws from finding any purchase. It all happened so fast, he could barely believe what had just happened. A stupid grin spread across white muzzle, and he tilted his head to look at what had been caught.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Fri May 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Kage couldn't see because he was in the white snow. His face hurt, he has a knife in his only cloak, and he didn't even know if his fishing supplies were. he grabbed at the knife pulling it out of his cloak, tried to get up and fell in the snow again. "Shoot...not AGAIN." he exclaims loudly. He then slides in the snow so that he can get away from what ever it was that tripped him up. When he got to his feet, he followed the hare tracks made in the snow. I hope that I can find some where to warm up at. Kage thought.

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 pm

The two Foxes gasped as they tried to scramble for cover from whatever had just darted out of the snow, Midnight being the one being caught, letting out a panicked shriek and screaming at the top of her lungs. "Momma help!!"

Jen skidded to a halt and snarled loudly at the Hare, showing off her teeth as the fur on her back stood on end, a look of anger filling the Feral's eyes as she stalked closer toward the long eared one. "Let... her... go..." she demands in a stern and angered voice, followed by another loud growl as each step made her angrier and angrier, and her growls grow louder and louder. The instinct of a mother really kicking in as she wanted to save her kit, even if it meant whooping up on this crazed lapine in the process to do it.

Midnight whimpered and wriggled to try and get away, yipping and snarling out herself as she tried to escape the rabbit, she didn't know what in the world it wanted with her, but it couldn't be anything good... besides, it was two against one in their odds, but he was much bigger! She just hoped that her mother would sound and look fierce enough to make the bunny back off and away from her!
National Project Thingy!

Ziger
Baron

Post by Ziger » Sat May 22, 2010 9:43 am

Almost as if realizing it was a hot coal in his arms, and not some living thing, Gree screamed back at the two, and flung the kit the few feet to the other side of the tunnel, landing in a pile of soft snow that the hare had knocked loose when he lunged. A sort of confusion overcame rabbit senses, and the aches and pains stacked up on his body. The hare curled up with a soft groan as it all hit at once, now left in little more than his ratty, torn shirt and pants. He needed to retrieve his cloak, but at the same time, needed to not enrage the vixen and her kit any worse.

Gree raised his hands, both to shield himself from anything the fox might do, and to show that he is no longer a threat. "I did not know what was here, please, forgive me. I'm still not sure what I had caught..." Silver eyes peered between frosted fingers, trying to see what exactly had yelled at him, and what he was talking to. It had been at least a month since he had so much as seen another sentient, and the hare was beginning to doubt if the fox had ever actually spoken at all. Maybe it was his mind playing tricks on the winter worn perception of an ice hermit, trying to tell him to spend more time around people. That thought discarder, the hare slowly righted himself, sitting back up and looking where the kit had dissapeared to.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat May 22, 2010 11:08 am

Kage saw what was happening at a hole in the snow ground. a fox kit had been thrown at him when he neared the hole, which surprised him badly, "whoa, where do you come from little one?" as he set the arctic kit down carefully and watched what was happening at the hole. I best make myself disappear for a bit until things settle down. Kage made sure that the kit was alright before he slowly went around the hole where the fight was happening and laid in the snow making sure that he had put down his cloak over his head, though he didn't know how he knew where he got the knowledge for hiding, he now knew it would come in handy for situations like this. He watched, the snow blowing over him covering the tracks that he made.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

Rosaris
Duke
United States of America

Post by Rosaris » Sat May 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Midnight squeaked out when she was thrown to the other side of the tunnel, regardless of the kit landing in soft snow, she started to scream and yelp out in pain and shock from being thrown about like she was, just laying there in the snow on her back as her cries continued to be echoed out into the tunnel.

Jen gasped when she seen the Rabbit throw her kit across the tunnel, which was TOO far for the Vixen's patience, snarling out and charging forward at full boar before lunging herself forward at the Rabbit's leg, making her target for the pant leg. If she was able to latch onto the fabric, she'd tear it from the knee straight down to the ankle. Which in her mind, was just a taste of what she could very well do to him for harming her family.

Midnight squeaked out when she heard the voice, whimpering nervously as she stared up at the Coon, her little ears pinning back flat against her head as she couldn't figure out if he was friend or foe. She dared not speak a word in fear of being eaten or slain for being able to talk. "pleeeeease just leave me alone!" she thinks, her eyes actually beginning to tear up slightly as she stared up at him.
National Project Thingy!