Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Arctic Voyage and exploration (Open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
Emisio
Spy
Species: Canine-Grey Wolf

The Arctic Voyage and exploration (Open)

Post by Emisio » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Cold mist settled near the icy cold water of the sea. The waves gently washed upon the docks of Shiya in the arctic islands, suddenly a ship slowly made its way through the mist docking at the wooden pier. The wooden latter fell securely onto the dock and across it came a grey wolf, it was Emisio. He was equipped with his steel armor and greatsword, although the armor had been modified with fur additions to cope with the arctic weather. Emisio walked down the dock and into the inn where he sat down wearily, deciding that he would take a moment to rest before ordering a room or anything to drink/eat.

Sponsor

RavenFire487
God
Species: Canine

Re: The Arctic Voyage and exploration (Open)

Post by RavenFire487 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:12 pm

At the large wooden bar that was present at the inn's pub. A white wolf sat on a barstool, she was wearing a long wine colored dress with kneelength sleeves. It was Ivelese, her ice blue eyes swept over the room. She was looking at all the faces, it wasn't till she saw Emisio that she smiled and set her glass down on the bar and stood up. She walked across the room, till she was right in front of the table where Emisio sat "Hello?" she said, shyly "May I sit with you?"

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Emisio was very tired as he had not slept for a long period of time on the ship, his reaction to the female was delayed slightly. His sky blue eyes met hers slowly. He came to focus suddenly. "...Of course, feel free." responded Emisio timidly to the white wolf. He then proceeded to remove his greatsword and sheath leaning it against the table so that he could sit back in the chair without interference.

Catarlia
Rogue
Species: Canine-Arctic Wolf

Post by Catarlia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 pm

The doors of the inn opened, and in stepped a white wolf, worn and weary. Her leather armor seemed to be torn in many areas, long sword slashes cut into the rough fabric, signifying she was not a stranger to combat. The wolf stopped and looked around the inn before taking a seat at a table near the front. As she gazed upon the people of her homeland she motioned for a drink. Her eyes wandered before falling upon a wolf. His sly blue eyes bringing a feeling of nostalgia. "Emisio?" The young wolf called for him across the tavern.

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:27 pm

As Emisio heard her call his name his head turned to the door. Noticing who it was, he beckoned for Catarlia to come and join their table. Emisio then turned back to the unknown female who was already sitting with him. "So... Whats your story?" He asked her with interest. The soft music of a lute played in the background making Emisio even more exhausted.

RavenFire487
God

Post by RavenFire487 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:17 am

Ivelese looked over to the other female wolf, who came over to join the table. When Emisio turned his attention back to her, asking of her story, Ivelese kind of smiled, the glow from the fire gave her long black hair sort of a magical glow "Oh me? Not really anything that exciting, I'm just up here because of my Father's business. He had to come up here to talk with the leader of this land, and I just got drug along." Ivelese's voice was soft, matching the glow of the fire, but contrasting with the deep wine color of her dress. Ivelese listened as the soft flute played "That's one thing about taverns that I like, they always have such peaceful music." she said, when the other wolf approached and joined the table Ivelese kind of laughed "Huh, three wolves at the same table. What are the odds?"

Catarlia
Rogue

Post by Catarlia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:52 am

Catarlia joined the two, taking a seat next to Emisio. She said nothing, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. All she did was give a quick smile to the girl, signaling it was nice to meet her.

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:44 am

Emisio listened to her story with the most attention he could offer despite of his exhausted condition. "What business is that of your father's? If you do not mind me asking that is." Asked Emisio kindly and now intrigued with her story and hoping to befriend her. His fur felt warmed by the fire and the peaceful atmosphere that the inn had to offer soothed him. His long black hair nearly completely covered his eyes making him look mysterious. Frost was formed on his armor from outside although it had began to melt.

Catarlia
Rogue

Post by Catarlia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Catarlia was tired as well. Traveling many days on the ship had taken a lot out of her. Her chin rested on her hand, her elbow propped up on the table. Her finger of her free hand gently traced the circles that were naturally engraved in the table, her mind wandering. She was not really attentive to what they were saying. Her eyes shone a brilliant deep blue in the glow of the candle light, her pure white fur shivering in the soft breeze that danced about the tavern.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Jeck the otter was drinking at the bar, having slunk off the ship after Emisio. He didn't want to talk right now, as he was just finished with an argument with the captain. He had been temporarily thrown off, based on a recomendation or payment, which he couldn't afford. He checked Lightstrike, making sure his cutlass was secure, before throwing back his ale. Yuck, tavern swill... He adjusted his crimson bandana, and started moving out, his good right eye compensating for his left blind one.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

RavenFire487
God

Post by RavenFire487 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 am

"He's meeting with the leader of this land, that's really all I know. He always insists that I accompany him on his trips but never lets me join him when he does business. I don't quite understand it." Ivelese leaned back in her seat and stretched her arms "These chairs are a lot more comfy then the barstools." she said, as she looked into Emisio's eyes, trying to figure out their color. Ivelese turned her gaze to Catarlia "You could almost be my twin." she said laughing "You have the same, fur, hair, and eye color as I do."

Catarlia
Rogue

Post by Catarlia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 am

Still a bit dazed, Catarlia snapped to attention, realizing the new acquaintance was speaking to her. "Oh, yeah. We match in all aspects except for hair color." Catarlia smirked at the girl, pushing her light brown hair away from her tired eyes. "Were you born here? A lot of us wolves from the Arctic tend to look very much alike."

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Emisio listened quietly, speaking very little and choosing his words carefully. "I see." He responded briefly to her explanation. In comparison, Emisio had grey fur with long black hair, he was also taller and larger than the two wolves who accompanied him. Looking down now, he began to speak quietly. "How did the voyage fair for you, Catarlia?" he asked calmly, resting his gauntleted hand on the table. He listened to Jeck's voice as he spent his time up at the bar.

RavenFire487
God

Post by RavenFire487 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Looking at Catarlia's hair a little bit closer. Ivelese noticed it was infact, brown, not black "Oh, my apologies. It's kinda dark in here. I couldn't really tell. And hair color isn't our only difference. You only have on tail, I have two." she pointed out. She smiled at the question "Nope. I was born and raised in Domus." she looked over at Emisio, noticing how much different he looked, compared to her and the other girl. She leaned back and decided to let Emisio and Catarlia catch up.

Catarlia
Rogue

Post by Catarlia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:38 pm

"Oh, I was just there a few days ago." She smiled at Ivelese, trying to be as friendly as she could. Catarlia then glanced over at Emisio, answering his question. "It was long. That's all I can really say about it. Very tiring." Her voice was quiet, almost a mumble. "I didn't know you were coming to the Arctic Islands. Any reason why you chose to travel here?"