Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Arctic Voyage and exploration (Open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
Emisio
Spy
Species: Canine-Grey Wolf

Re: The Arctic Voyage and exploration (Open)

Post by Emisio » Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

"Good friend... we may have to set up camp here now that I think about it. It will be night soon and we'll freeze to death if we go out there... Let's go deeper down into these caverns, away from these dreaded arctic winds."

Emisio still offered his hand as he spoke then continued. "Feel free to join us for the night Tana."

Sponsor

RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun May 13, 2012 10:25 am

Kyeema hung onto her companion, whimpering silently. Erellan seemed to be unfazed. "Don't worry, Kyeema. We'll find some shelter..." he looked around, seeing only deep tundra. "... Eventually."

The two treaded on, shivering in the tundra freeze. After what felt like hours of walking, they found a cave.... "Hello? Anyone there?!"

The Crow
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow » Mon May 14, 2012 3:42 am

Jack dragged himself into the cave, where he saw Emisio. "No way... Emisio! Is that truly you?" he shouted, waving a hand.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Mon May 14, 2012 3:42 am

Jack dragged himself into the cave, where he saw Emisio. "No way... Emisio! Is that truly you?" he shouted, waving a hand.

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Mon May 14, 2012 12:27 pm

"Aye Crow, it is... Erellan we're down ere! Come on in, but mind your footing! The ice can be treacherous." Emisio said with a jolly and hearty laugh as he continued sliding across the floor barely making progress. The cave was cold, not nearly as cold as outside but it was managable for a night. The walls glistened ever beautifully from the light up at the entrance and the deeper they were to go down the darker it seemed to be. It also felt warmer deeper down into the cavern where he suspected they would find the end and rest for a while to wait out the storm.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Tue May 15, 2012 2:32 am

"I may require some help, since it seems i've only got one foot that works." he replied mockingly, but obviously really did need help. His leg was badly bent in a way that no fur should have it at.

~ Me.

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Sun May 20, 2012 4:11 pm

"Somebody help em out! and make haste with it. I'll be heading down and preparing shelter." He resumed his descent, realizing a slope in the ground he slid down quickly to the bottom landing with a roll. There were crystals along the stone wall in small veins that illuminated the cavern. This area was both level and well hidden from the winter elements. He decided to set up his things here and settle down before deciding to do anything with the crystals. "I've found good ground for us... but we may need a fire." he said to those who were behind him.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Tue May 22, 2012 8:15 am

Erellan slid down the cavern with ease, Kyeema on his back. The two caught up with Emisio very quickly.

I've found good ground for us... but we may need a fire. Erellan chuckled. "I've go' it." He raised his arm, palm up, channeling mana to his hand. He cast his signature rune, White Fire. "Alroight, whare's th' woord?"

Kyeema got off Erellan's back, staring at the fire. "Woah." She shook her head, regaining focus. "This one will make a ward at the cave mouth."

The quetzal set off, casting a ward field at the cave mouth. When she was done, the wall of mana turned invisible, hiding the group from view.

Erellan admired his work, and his partner's. "Good to 'ave two mages on ye team, eh?"

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Sun May 27, 2012 12:37 am

"Ah yes. Makes things a whole lot easier!" Emisio chuckled quietly then began setting down his bedroll, claiming his territory for their time in the cave. He eventually had things set up in favor of his comfort and slowly he removed his armor then slipped into his warm bedroll. He had been seeking a sense of comfort for a while now. "If you need anything... just ask" he said quietly, then he lay his head down gently.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Sun May 27, 2012 1:23 am

"Emisio! I err... still need help e- yeeeaaarr!" shouted Jack. He had been attempting to edge himself down slowly, but had lost footing and was beginning to speed past the campsite. "Yaarg! Help! Help! Someone h- My bloody leg!" he shouted, his broken leg hitting a boulder and stopping his descent abruptly.

~ Me.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Species: Arctic Fox

Post by LukatheBlind » Sun May 27, 2012 4:24 am

Luka stared at the strange furs, most he'd never seen before and some he'd seen only once. They seemed to be armored and fitted. They also seemed clumsy at first, then he realized some haven't been around this kind of climate before. "why come here, are they here for slaves, land, petty trinkets?" he thought worriedly. "Who ever they are, they are not perceptive, that armored one must have walked past me twice and looked at me four times!" his fur kept the snow on top of him from freezing him but lying down in this position was uncomfortable. "that black one, jack was it... he's rather funny, a broken leg when he flies" luka giggled in spite of himself. "the others know magic... i wonder if they are alright in that cave.... maybe i should warn them" he decided against it "that armored on looks as if he could cleave me in half..." he winced at the thought. "i dont want for them to come to harm though...i know, if they move further in i'll tell them, but for now i'll watch and wait" his body was getting a creak in it from his position but should he move they'd spot him, or at least movement... he wanted a closer look but instinct told him to stay "i wonder what they are doing in there..." his curiosity was near unbearable but he new one wrong move in these harsh lands and no mercy would be shown, bend or break after all.

(i hope you guys don't mind me joining in)

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun May 27, 2012 9:45 am

Erellan's ears twitched. Someone was outside. "Kyeema, stay in the cave." He drew his sword, jumping from ledge to ledge with ease. In looks, he was Edwinian, but it seemed he was right at home in the Arctic. He reached the mouth of the cave, his eyes darting around the tundra landscape. He had white fire cast on his gloved hand, ready to burn the intruder to a crisp. "Show you'self! I knowr ye' there!" He shouted.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Sun May 27, 2012 3:55 pm

His body went rigid as he lay there, fear almost panicking him. "no s-stay calm, they must have my scent, that's all" he thought to himself. He saw the magic glowing around this ones hand, slavers and wild creatures were one thing, magic was basically unknown to him especially offensive magic. "if they find me i'm so dead" he began to sweat, his body trying to keep himself from trembling. "oh dear, oh dear!" he closed his eyes and breathed, repeating quietly "stay calm, stay calm, they cant see you" he felt slightly better after that, but then he realized, this one couldn't be new to this climate with the way he moved so easily, Luka knew he'd been careless. "what are my options... i stay, they find and kill me, i run and i find out what his magic does..... surrender means slavery..." he knew those were his only three, he decided on the one that would less likely get him killed "if they capture and sell me, i can try to get away... at least i'll be alive to fight... even if i could take this one.. the others, i'd be outnumbered five to one" he held back his tears and slowly stood up dropping his stone daggers and keeping his hands where they could see them. he tried to keep his tail from in between his legs but years of instinct were hard to ignore. In his moment of panic he thought up an excuse, a terrible one "I-I was looking for rocks!" he realized how stupid that sounded only after he said it. His next thought was "i'm a dead duck".
Last edited by LukatheBlind on Sun May 27, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun May 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Erellan raised his sword at Luka's neck. "Roocks, eh?" The hare picked up a rock, putting in the stranger's hand. "Thar ye go." He walked away, quickly turning his heel to slash Luka across the leg. "Naow, tell meh. Whoy ar' ye really 'ere?"

Kyeema stumbled out of the cave, spear at the ready. "Who's this, Erellan?"

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Sun May 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Luka backed away from the sword. "I didnt mean to, i'm sorry" he was frightened but the sword slash drove him over the top. "i was wandering, when i found your group, i was curious so i followed, but stayed hidden because i did not want to be attacked or sold into slavery, i m-meant no harm" he was trying to sound brave, even with the sword held to him. He looked at the fur pleadingly "i'll go, i wont bother you again, please just leave me alone" he pleaded.