Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Arctic Voyage and exploration (Open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
Emisio
Spy
Species: Canine-Grey Wolf

Re: The Arctic Voyage and exploration (Open)

Post by Emisio » Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 pm

"Easy Erellan... Let him speak." Said Emisio calmly as he had moved behind him in the middle of the ruckus and intervened the confrontation before any unnecessary bloodshed. His eyes glanced slowly at the one who had come along and could see no intention of harming his group. "Who are you and what are you doing here?..." He paused after his question then continued. "Tell it all and tell it true." As he waited for the answer he gently patted Erellan on the shoulder as a sign of appreciation for protecting the group.

Sponsor

RavenFire487
God
Species: Canine

Post by RavenFire487 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Only after a while of wandering outside in the snow and ice, did Ivelese realize that all the other had headed into the cave, she slid down a small incline to the road, then walked till she found the cave again, walking towards the cave, she noticed Emisio, Erellan, Kyema, and some other fur that she'd never seen before. She walked over to the group "What's going on here?" she asked Emisio curiously. The way she dressed, her high class clothing and the large over stuffed Leather and Fur Jacket she wore showed that she wasn't mainly a fighter, but the sleek Yamahan Katana that was secured at her waist showed she could if she had to.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Species: Arctic Fox

Post by LukatheBlind » Wed May 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Luka looked at the heavily armored one then the one wielding the sword "A-as i said sir, i was just wandering around, when i found your group, i was curious so i followed, but stayed hidden because i did not want to be attacked or sold into slavery or worse, i m-meant no harm i swear." He paused and figured telling them would be better "oh and y-you dont wanna be camping in there.." he gestured to the cave slowly "i mean if you go far in enough there are pit traps, and the pit traps lead to a monster, i was afraid to walk up and tell you" he winced and grabbed his cut leg "please have mercy, i am not a warrior, i wont give you trouble" he pleaded to the armored man, seeing him as the superior officer. "i am a simple performer, please, i am unarmed" he was scared what would happen next, and waited for what seemed like forever at his reply.

The Crow
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow » Thu May 31, 2012 12:56 am

Jack had grabbed onto another rock, and was attempting to slide over to the campsite. He began to loose his grip, risking him sliding deep into the cave and getting lost. "Emisio! I require immediate assistance!" he shouted. He looked into the dark cave beneath him. "Come at once if convenient!" one of his hands slipped, which he quickly grabbed back onto. "If inconvenient, come anyway!"
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:39 pm

"Come in... but make the wrong move and I can guarantee you will regret it." He looked up to Jack giving a deep breath then clambering up the rocks to reach him. "What is it Jack? are you alright?" He said as he knelt down. "And be quiet... please. I know it hurts but you must." He looked to the cave entrance and it was snowing heavily outside with a wind that whistled and howled.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Luka was surprised at the answer and nodded watching emiso go help the funny crow, then looked to Erellan, hoping his sword was not to connect with flesh again. He then caught sight of Ivelese and looked at her strangely wooked back at ondering where she was from. His eyes looked back at Erellan and gulped still wary. Luka held his leg then looked around for a source of water to clean it.

RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:38 am

Erellan sighed. "Stay still." He commanded to Luka. A small flame flickered in his hand. "I'm goin'ta sear th' wound shut." Kyeema ran over to her partner, waiting for her oppurtunity.

The hare put his hand on the wounded leg, not minding the audible sizzle of flesh. He was finished. "Kyeema, put the wound gel."

Kyeema opened her thigh pouch, procuring a small jar. She opened it, and appplied the gel.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:52 am

"Emisio, I fear you've gone blind, I'm about to-" Jack was cut off as he lost his grip and practically dropped further into the cave as the frosty, angled floor pulled him into the darkness. "Heeelp!" he called, only loud enough for those in the cave to hear.

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:19 am

Erellan responded fast, sprinting to Jack's aide. He took a leap, landing on the slippery iced slope. The hare slid down the cave, casting a water spell, Ice Wall. He wasn't really good at this, but this would do.

Once Erellan slid in close enough, he'd cast the wall, stopping Jack gently. Well, at least, that was the plan. The hare overshot the distance, sliding ahead of Jack. "God damn it!" The two slid into the dark depths of the cave.

The slope ended, the only illuimation was the crystal veins in the cavern. "Jack, you alroight?"

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:26 am

Jack landed with a loud thud and an even louder crack. "Mffffffmmmmmwwwwwww!" he shouted, muffling himself on his arm. "Does that answer yer question?" he half-shouted from the pain of his legs, both now broken.

~ Me.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:36 am

Erellan sighed, looking around at the cavern. "This sucks."

He stood up to touch the crystal veins, eventually picking at them with his sword. The are got at least 3 good pieces. "These are for Kyeema..." he muttered, "And these, are for me." He scratched out some crystal dust, placing it in an empty pouch.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Luka very nearly passed out with the flame searing his flesh, all that did come out was a squeak and lack of air. After the precedjure he sat, not out of choice but out of light headedness. He looked to the other fur, pulling out a salve. "n-no more please, i cant take anymore" he pleaded with her, feeling her touch his leg he winces and looked away, surprisingly if it did hurt, it didnt hurt over the pain of burned flesh. just then he noticed the two practically fly into the cave. "oh not good, not good" he yelled to Emiso with surprising sterness "you need to lower a rope and i mean now! few who enter get out alive!" his voice paniced yet sincere, if he was lying he was a fabulous actor. He got up ignoring her appling the salve and limped over to the edge looking into the darkness. he called out only once so they could hear, but not to wake or alert the monster "Jack and Erellan, be quiet be still, and dont touch the sparkly rocks!" he hoped that they were ok and heeded his warning. He looked to Emiso "in this cave resides Gruum Ballack.. it devours the flesh and consumes the soul... it guards it's home feircely, it cannot venture out because the cold, and the heat down there is perfect to sustain him, the hotter it is down there the closer you are to him." his voice sounded far away and he kept glancing almost as if to make sure nothing was going to pop out.

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:58 am

Calmly, Emisio looked down in to the darkness in which his friends had slipped into. His eyes flickered a glowing blue a few times and without a word he nodded and began his dark descent into the shadows of the cavern. When he began to slide he would use his index and middle finger behind him to lessen his own speed. It appeared as though Jack and Erellan had fallen farther than he had thought, as he had not yet reached them.

Meanwhile, Erellan and Jack are met with the blood freezing guttural noise from the likes in which they have never heard of. The air around them grew ever more stale and hostile, and it became apparent that they MUST be quiet.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Luka watched Emiso go down into the black as he stood back. he paced "s-should i go?" he wasnt a coward but he wasnt a fool either... but he knew the place they didnt. after a minutes debate he slid down after them, mimicing Emiso to slow himself, his heart pounding. "this is a really bad idea" he kept saying to himself, over and over again. after a min he had caught up with Emiso and stayed clear not to accadently make him trip and slide. he whispered to Emiso quietly "we need to follow the air current, there is only one way to leave, the hotter it gets the closer to the lava flows, the colder the ice grave yard, in between there is a small slit that we have to climb back through, if it gets too hot, or too cold we are going the wrong way" he looked to the Emiso "they could already be dead, this creature is quiet, all anyone has ever seen of it is a long slimy apendage with bumps and a poison spike at the end, the rest hides in the dark..." he looked down further into the blackness, his tail tucked firmly between his legs "dear great Lady Asunga, into the dark we go, keep us in your warm embrace and let agility and cleverness be our guide, we pray to you oh great one and beg you for your blessing" with that he bows his head and prepares himself for death.

Emisio
Spy

Post by Emisio » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:47 pm

"Do not be afraid my friend... now hush. We should stay quiet." said Emisio reassuringly as he resumed down. Emisio appeared void of fear but in all truth he could feel cold fear and panic growing within him. He could not see far but the reflective properties of the wall allowed for some minor lighting. There seemed to be an abundance of plant growth on the ground, it seemed like some sort of moss. All was quiet but his shallow breath and his racing heart. His hand reached back for his new friend to assure he was there.