Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Divine Trespass

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Species: Jawa
Location: giving the finger to the Feilan behind me/out my window.

Divine Trespass

Post by Dimitriexeno » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Altakhsas curled up behind the front wall of his sled. The cold and the wind was starting to get to him, and he lit small fires within his hands to warm him. His conjured Familiars, all feral wolves pulling the sled, were lucky. They didn’t feel the cold. But he could feel their bond on the world slowly fading, and he would soon have to re-cast them in to the mortal world.

It was the only way Altakhsas knew to get to the Crystal Island, unless you were a powerful Shaman. The cold nipped at his dark blue robe’s hood, flinging it back and fourth on his head. Xirena’s voice rang through his skull.

“We are almost there, I can feel it.” She said, her echoing voice barely audible over the wind rushing through Altakhsas’ ears

“Yes, Xirena.” Altakhsas muttered, obeying her commands to bring them to the power source of magic in the Arctic Islands. The two searched for the ability to reform her in to a new body, and free them of each other. And what better place than the land of the gods?

The sled started slowing. Altakhsas looked over the lip of the wood and realized that half of his ropes were canine-less. He reached within himself--and within the void, and took a deep breath. He raised a arm, and from the ground, several ghosts of deceased canids rose from the snow, and straight into the ropes, carrying the sled faster immediately. The other familiars were dissipating, and he could barely make out their pale blue bones above of the snow. They would be enough to carry him to the edge of the island, though.

Eventually he reached The Crystal Island, and could feel the magic flowing through his bones already. The connection between Altakhsas and Xirena was strengthened, not weakened. Altakhsas postulated that it was because of the inherent connection of the spirits and the mortal world within. He observed the multi-colored crystals expanding in front of him. Perhaps he would use one for the crafting of a staff, if he ever wished to have one. As it is, he preferred the more organic feel of focusing his power with his own hands, feet, and mind.

He reached for a pickaxe strapped to the side of his sled, ready to chop down a particularly large chunk of crystallized matter and magic, when he spotted a figure on the horizon. He gritted his teeth. He didn’t expect to find a stranger here, of all places, but he was prepared. He called on Xirena, and she allowed him to use her power to summon one more Familiar, this time a feral white Tiger. He left it at that, and mined some crystals to use for any future rituals, or perhaps sell, trusting the tiger and the decaying remains of the wolves to watch over him.
Spoiler:

Sponsor

Artashir
Outlaw
Species: Barbary Lion

Re: Divine Trespass

Post by Artashir » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Walking through the icy wasteland that he was told to be called the Crystal Island, Artashir was clothed in bundles of fur and frost-covered cloth, his usually bare footpaws wrapped up as well, and his right hand gripped onto his forefather's necklace as it radiated a comforting warmth onto him, keeping him alive in the long journey through the ice. His good eye focusing at the seemingly endless waste of snow and ice, the large lion was starting to think he was lost, but his scarred eye, hidden behind a eyepatch, throbbed more than before, and his necklace's heart increased, Signaling him that he was getting close to his destination.

Kaname and the others begged him not to go alone, but the exiled noble would have it no other way. He had to do this. He had to make himself stronger before making his plan work.

Then the sounds of something sliding over the ice hissed in his sensitive ears and made his teeth grit. "By Midas!" He groaned and he hastily rushed through the snow and onto a hill. Before him, he could see very little flashing of multiple lights. This must be the island. As he smiled in victory of his finding, the sound of a pickaxe rang in his ears with the howling wind.

Narrowing his eye to the direction of the sound, he removed his eyepatch, and instantly his eyesight flashed as if he was running at high speed to the origin, and he saw something mining a cluster of crystal. Closing his eyes to stop the vision, a small mingraine pumped in his head, and he banished it while putting the eyepatch back on, "I hope the Shamans can fix this mingraine." He murmured to himself.

Walking toward the supposed miner, he starts to pull his hood back, "Hey! Are you a native here?" He called over the short distance with his leonine vocal power. "I need to find the Shamans!"
Last edited by Artashir on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

evil9731
Baron
Species: Lynx

Post by evil9731 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 am

The one known as Flerin continued to dig around the underground ruins. He had been here on the frozen island for about 2 weeks now, but had only found the entrance to these ruins a few days ago. Although the entrance he used was on the surface and close to a mile away from here, he was currently underground and from what his sense told him, beneath a crystal field. Despite the cold weather he had no need to add on any extra articles of clothing besides his usual robes, due to the fact that the current of Entropy in his body was doing a more than adequate job of keeping him warm.

He eyed the giant stone slab in front of him that barred his entrance into the next chamber and, hopefully, his prize. He lifted up his staff and struck the stone, burying the tip of the bottom end into it. The lines upon his body glowed brighter for a moment as he sent energy from the current into the stone slab through his staff. As a result the stone instantly began to decay as if burning, but without any actual fire. He tugged on his staff to pull it out and the stone crumbled to bits. He stepped over the rubble and into the main chamber.

Walking closer to the alter in the middle of the chamber he was instantly dismayed at finding that there was nothing there. In anger he lifted his staff and aimed it at the empty stand and launched a bolt of energy at it, vaporizing it and reducing it to rubble. "What a waste of time. Might as well head to the surface now." He looked around the chamber and found an old wooden ladder made by the makers of these ruins. Using his powers he created a hole in the ceiling and the snow above the new hole fell in. He leaned the ladder against the wall and began to climb out, unfazed by the cold wind coming in.
what to say what to say?

so many knives, so little time.

madness makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round. madness makes the world go round, oh the do dah day!

i am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright!

CHARACTERS: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6222

Like giant monsters AND a good plot to go behind them? Click on this to join the Rise of the Kaiju RP viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6634

Bigfox3
God
Species: Fennec Fox
United States of America

Post by Bigfox3 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Toyomi the arctic fox had his share of feelings about being sent to the island. Having been of utmost help to the people of Rike Arktik for spreading their economy and global awareness, the people decided to grant his unusual request of visiting the Crystal Islands to receive a crystal for himself. The shamans told him, "If it is your goddess's will, you will escape with your life and the crystal. If not, you will perish amidst the snow." The shamans were trying to scare him he was sure, since they were strict as to who was permitted to visit the land.

His blue fur and silver mane were brushed by the wind that came in from the hole opened by the fur he'd been secretly following for the last few days. He knew of the entrances to the underground portions of the island, and was surprised to find someone else that wasn't a monk here. He'd been tailing him off and on for a while now, the few monks that kept the place up never lax in their guard. Any time they came near to him he was able to send them off elsewhere by a cold brush of wind from behind, throwing them off with a gust that shouldn't have been there in the first place. They must have known Toyomi was there, but his little friend could get killed if he was discovered. Heck, Toyomi could get killed now that there was damaging evidence of passage.

There are intruders on the island that must be tested. You must go to them and act as my voice. Remain vigilant, child, for not all are as they seem to be. Toyomi heard the soft voice of the Goddess in his mind and nodded, understanding his Lady. "As you so command," he said quietly to himself. He remained hidden for now and waited for his friend to mount the top of the ladder and noted the actual passageway that would take him to the surface nearby in the labyrinth.
The Dessert War never happened, but I'm deluded enough that I've convinced myself I already won. :3

My Character Library
Click here to see my Deviantart page!

`/-(_)-\=~~~~
/Gamma\==-------
'OoOoOoO'
'SPAMMA TANK' GAMMA Created by Shade
Advanced AI Tank

Big's quick link to the IRC chat box for those who can never find the thing, like me! 8D

Dimitriexeno
Outlaw
Species: Jawa
Location: giving the finger to the Feilan behind me/out my window.

Post by Dimitriexeno » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:16 am

Altakhsas heard the calling from the figure, whom was rapidly moving towards him. He heard Xirena curse upon hearing the voice, and his tiger hunker down in the snow in case of need of a sneak attack.

He waited until the outlander got closer, and responded. “Yes, I am a native. The Shamans will not arrive for another moon or two.” He stopped, but Xirena continued through his voice. “ But I assure you that you do not need to find them. They are simply old delusional fools.”

He bit his lip, and urged Xirena to be quiet with such talk. Especially in his xenophobic homeland. Altakhsas noticed the eye patch on the lion, and assumed his large features and wounds were made from life as a warrior.

“Why are you here?” He asked, wary of the stranger. “There’s nothing much to find here except crystals and meditating Shaman. Unless you’re performing some sort of elder ritual, there is not much reason to be out here.”
Spoiler:

Artashir
Outlaw
Species: Barbary Lion

Post by Artashir » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:29 am

Artashir was close enough to see the 'miner' to be a black cat in robes, meeting eye to eye, the lion felt a certain chill about him, and it wasn't the cold. He felt something very odd about him, but gently put to the side of his mind.

"I am here to find a shaman and need his or her...expertise in the spirits. Can you help me find one around here?" He asked politely, his voice soothing and relaxed despite his ferocious looks. He hoped the cat could help, he needed to find a shaman and possibly they can help him with these visions.

Standing perfectly still, Artashir's eye ached again, and he glanced abit. Blinking, he thought he saw something in the snow, but disregard it as nothing but one of his eye's illusions acting up again, but it was far from that. Unknown to him, the cat's familiar was waiting in the snow, ready to pounce at any given time.