Ancient Ruins of the Lost Seven Winds (medieval, still open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Arctic Fox

Re: Ancient Ruins of the Lost Seven Winds (medieval, still o

Post by LukatheBlind »

Luka ignoring his sorrow for the moment, blushed a bright red and covered his face immediately "ummm n-no i'm fine, we should get packing and go" his tail waved nervously but happily. He turned quickly and continued getting ready biting his lip, his face still flushed with embarassment. He finished packing and turned around still red, hoping no one noticed "well i am ready to go" he laughed nervously and looked at Jack "are you ready?". then he turned Aloine "thank you for your kindness, you ready?". Finally he stared at Adamir hazy, pushing his thoughts away "you should really get dressed, some one so attractive would not do well with frostbite" he blushed deeper and walked towards the door, calling back sounding flustered "i'll be at the merchants quarter, building thirty on saints row street waiting after i get some specific supplies" after that he walked off quickly before anyone could reply.
~Too Cute to be straight! ^-^~

Sponsor

The Crow
Baron
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow »

Jack pulled out a small pouch from somewhere beneath his cloak. It was surprisingly small; so small, in fact, it looked to hardly even be able to hold much money. "Staff, Pouch, Cloak and Monacle, I'm ready to go." he said.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Triss
Spy
Spy

Post by Triss »

Adimir first chuckles and then scowls as the fox first returns his declining step almost gracefully and then flees. "Arctic blood...won't get frost bite, but a mind that howls agony in the night and the flees need be watched." Sighing softly the hybrid walks back towards the direction from whence he came, drinking something from one of the potion bottles nearby as he swipes it off a crate and then setting it empty back elsewhere before vanishing into his home.

It takes another fifteen or so minutes before the noble returns, his sword soundly sheathed along side a fairly long and cross guarded knife. On his back is a tightly bound backpack with a rope and grappling hook coiled at the base of it and a pair of ice axes peaking out the top. To complete tight fitting but thick clothed outfit a large number of small vials and paper bound tubes have been arranged in an X bandoleer and along the Mutts belt, the entire set up surprisingly quiet. Sliding his fingerless gloves and a cap on Adamir leaves. "It would be ill advised to pilfer any goods, but there's apples, cheeses and bread in the pantry that are easy enough for a snack...I'm going to take a shortcut and shadow our less than worldly leader so that he doesn't find himself hurt and perhaps out of curiosity as to what supplies he could need that you wouldn't find here."

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind »

Luka frowned as he fled, not realizing Adamir was following. After a little ways he found a spot to sit and clear his thoughts "did i insult him? i dont understand his cruel jab." he promised himself he wouldnt shed nother tear over his dreams so he stood and talked to himself as he was used to comforting himself this way. "i guess he was right... i did flee.. i didt evn get a reply from Aloine to see if she was ready" he looked down shamefully "i just felt so embarassed though" he walked without watching, his pattern erratic at best. He looked around to see where he was "ah merchants quarter... must of taken the long route" he figure he ended up making a U shape in trying to get there with out paying attention. He liked the merchants in the morning, not many were up buying things other than merchants, and the merchants themselves didnt seem as pushy. he walked up to a stall, either missing or not being able to read the sign "hello good sir, these wares look magical... is there anything here that can prevent sleep?" he smiled his best smile as the merchant raised a brow. "nur, but i's got plenty of other trinkets" he smiled back. Luka shook his head "thank you but i'm looking for sleep prevention stuff" he walked on, ignoring other offers then protests from the merchant. he looked around and saw another stall, this one wasnt magic, only jewelry it seemed, but browsing such things wouldnt hurt. the merchant smiled and remarked "well looky here, if me hear correctly, you be looking for sleep prevention items? me guess is dreams be keepin you up all night. well me dont have much in da way of magic, but me do got a few trinkets layin 'bout, none of it prevent sleep but me have one that stores dreams as ya sleep, it be nomally used for prophetic reasons, but it can be used for nightmare prevention" he smiled his semi toothless grin, pointing to a small white ivory and jeweled choker. Luka tilted his head "it looks nice but how much is it?" the merchant smiled "oh it be only a small fee of one kosar". Luka knew full well that had to be twice the price but he really wanted it."sadly no, my team and i will be heading out soon and i do not wish to buy supplies for only me, thank you though" he walked away, ignoring the merchants protests. he looked up and thought to himself, i have a little time. he walked to what seemed and abandoned alley and sang, his voice ringing out. he entered a small circular end and looked around. two strangers caught eye of him and blocked the exit. "hey there luv" one said "what brings you to our alley" the other chimed in. Luka sighed " please move, i have niether the patience nor the time to deal with you". the two looked at each other "this is our alley, now we get to take all your stuff" th first one said. Luka measured them then smiled "you two are far too unskilled to deal with me so i say farewell" he goeaded them, then ran directly at them pulling out his knives. the two pulled out theirs and went to swipe at him, luka simply spun right when he got to them, gracefully deflecting their weapons and sliding between then as he used his daggers to cut their belts. he stood quickly and ran as fast as he could, chuckling as the two tripped over their pants around their ankles. he stopped at the begining of the alley and threw down a szelak calling to them "thats for the belts and a hot meal fellas, if you have enough, please, get a bath you stink" with that he stuck out his tongue chuckled and ran top speed back to the merchants quarter. he bought a bunch of dried food and rations then walked casually to the place he was to wait for his companions. "eventful morning... i feel better" he chuckled and leaned against the wall of the building, people passing by paying him no heed. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the wall, thinking.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Aloine frowned, she was a little miffed at having her offer to help Luka basically dismissed out of hand. She went back into the hall, and packed up her bedroll. "I'll see you all at the meeting spot." She announced before heading out into the city. She was happy to be back out in the open, and to have full access to her magic again, without having to worry about chandeliers dropping on her head, or other nasty things happening to her, as she walked through the streets. She took her time making her way to the meeting spot, but arrived just after Luka; nearly bumping into the fox as she rounded the corner of the building. "well, I guess we're waiting for the other two." she said, mostly just to fill the air between them, and take attention away from the fact that she had nearly run into Luka. She sighed as she looked for a decent spot to sit, but found nothing really appealing...

zayne11
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zayne11 »

Jarrod woke up. "Must have meditated too hard." He says. He gets up and sneaks into a dark corner. He wondered what value this temple had to the people. He pulls an empty pouch and checks it's contents, nothing. He sighs a sigh of relief not finding any tiny poisonous animals. (Sorry waited for a good time to post.)
If one says that they are too (insert word like smart here) for (example) being gay. That means you are either the smartest person in the world, or everyone smarter than you isn't homosexual either. Please understand that may upset some people.
http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6386 is a thing for my character(s).

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

[okay, i approved this with Luka, but i am posting here just here so i can get this on my page of posts, and to say I'll probably hop in in the ruins]
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Triss
Spy
Spy

Post by Triss »

It takes some degree of discipline for the typically quick to act mutt to do as he does and stay close but out of sight of the fox. So Adamir trails his quarry trying to stay close enough to hear the vulpine's stressed musings, far from above being nosy and concerned but not about to admit how nosy or concerned he's been to anyone.

When the bandits ready to attack, the noble curses himself for being so far back, dashing from the shadows as he draws his sword from it's padded and silent sheath and beginning to charge from the shadows as the fox unbelts his attackers. Too surprised by this apparently well practiced degree of skill from someone who had previously demonstrated themselves as not particularly skilled in conflict the canine almost doesn't dodge back into the shadows quickly enough. Sheathing his sword and running up a wall after Luka rounds the corner, Adamir passes on the roof for the next alley way over before resuming his pursuit the conspicuously dressed adventurer slips into several shops and shop stands. Taking note of where Luka passes and having long since given up on any of this ordeal being vaguely economical for himself by the end of his pursuit the mutt has acquired a hot pink kerchief, a bottle of some sort of overly floral exotic perfume, a bag of candied apples and the 'dream catcher' after bribing the shop keeper and with the fox safely away from the booth buying foods. Informing the man that his bribe came out of how he charges for the catcher, pointing out that the item is hardly an impressive work of magic and warning him that any undue ruckus will have his psudo fraud revealed to the fair trade officials the mutt makes it from there without much fuss. Only moments after Luka arrives at the meeting place, Adamir slips the trinket into the fox's bag while pretending to hold the fox up.

"Careful there, no one needs to be falling over before this errant escapade even sets forth."

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

A small portal opened up close to the group. A series of fireballs shot out, and after a few moments, Jack backed out from the portal, firing bolts of darkness back through at whatever was behind there. Once he was fully out, the portal closed. "Sorry about that. Had to protect a friend in twenty years. The crowd wasn't happy of my decision." he replied, part of his cloak catching fire without him knowing.

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

zayne11
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zayne11 »

Jarrod notices the fighting outside and mutters. "Somebody's fighting... Wish I had a sword to fight them with." He sits down in the shadows of the first room. Still nothing coming in. He sighs and thinks what might happen if something came in.
If one says that they are too (insert word like smart here) for (example) being gay. That means you are either the smartest person in the world, or everyone smarter than you isn't homosexual either. Please understand that may upset some people.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind »

Luka looked shocked to see Aloine after bunping into her "i'm sorry, i wasnt watching where i was going. i'm also sorry for running off in such a hurry, it was rude of me" he hugged her apologetically and went to lean against the wall closing his eyes, jumping when he felt Adamir catch him "oh umm" luka blushed again cursing himself for doing so and turns around to face him "i am sorry to have offended you earlier, i meant only that your attractive and frost bite if it was possable for you to get it, would marr that. i know i seemed crazy screaming like that, it was just a bad dream, i never meant to wake anyone" Luka apologizes, eyes down cast. His fur stands on end, making him exteremely poofy feeling heat wiz past the back of his head as he jump, bowling into Adamir and gasping. "holy Asunga! what the..... Jack! are you..... Insane!" Luka looks to Adamir blushing "sorry again, didnt mean to bump into you" he turns to jack "There are civilians here! Dont open a portal to flaming hell with innocent people around!" he shakes his head " you need to think before you act... what would of happened if you hurt someone, or set a building on fire? First off you cant be running off in the first place all gung ho lone wolf! You yourself could of been seriously hurt!" he taps his foot, his finger waggling the whole time, scolding him, looking alomost as if he wanted to say "time out" his face red with frustration, but his black lips making it look like he was still smiling. Luka unfurrows his fur, and calms himself, holding out individual packs "food stuffs, i have extra in case we need it, but we are rationing, if your hungry figure something out, becase we only get two meals, one in the morning and one at night." Luka smiles and continues "but afterwards, apon returning here successful or not, i'll treat you all to a feast" Luka's tail wagged "now.... lets be on our way!" he says enthuziasticallty and began walking.... in the wrong direction.

zayne11
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zayne11 »

Jarrod speaks up from the shadows of the first room in a loud way "I think you want to explore in here." He says as he stays hidden. He thinks about the kind of person who would yell at someone and yet go the wrong way. He sighs and waits, not much to do. He watches and waits to comment or run should he need to.

Triss
Spy
Spy

Post by Triss »

Adamir hides his blush with noble grace and chuckles, "You've hardly managed to offend me."

Ears folding to hide their blush the soon to be adventurer nearly draws his blade and attacks the crow as a fireball neatly deflects off of some sort of minor ward previously dormant in the mutts equipment, his keen edged blade held in a two handed grip as he stops. "By the gods above and their spiteful siblings around, what is wrong with you wizard? I have half a mind to raid my home and invent something to bottle all your spell bound foolishness tighter than the hold of the earth on lead!" Sheathing his sword in a huff the canine clips it safely again, its smoke finished blade safely away again. "Lucky for you it's not something I've yet invented."

With that the inventor starts to follow his well intentioned leader a few paces before he puts a paw to his chin and scrunches his face, reaching back to retrieve his scroll case and a map from within, "Now I understand that you're marked by this place, but I know this city quite well, and I might suggest a better rout out of the city that doesn't entail walking around it's diameter?" Rolling the map back up after checking his facts Adamir points the other direction with a gentle cough, "Unless you thought leaving after a quick bite of warm bread and a hot cup of tea would be more acceptable?" Tilting his head towards the bakers shop and then the herbalist in the direction the fox had set.

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

"First off, It wasn't hell, it was this very same city in about Five years, seven months, two weeks, three days, seven hours, fifty-three minutes and two seconds into the future. Secondly, I wasn't on my own, I was with a man that you may come to know of well. And thirdly," he raised his voice after the word thirdly, filling it with rage, "Yes, I am very ******* insane, and I have more ******* reason than you do, so silence yourself before you stumble upon a phrase that you will not live long enough to regret!" he slammed his staff down on the ground, causing an indentation in the stone. Shadowy tendrils began to form around Jack, eminating from the staff.

~ Me.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Aloine got up, looking disgusted. "do we really have to bring the crazy bird along?" she asked, rolling her eyes as she did "he seems like he's going to be more danger than help with his recklessness and his high and mighty attitude." she sighed "maybe we should save our aggression for whatever we encounter in the ruins eh?" she asked, the comment clearly meant for the crow. She was not intimidated by the avian and thought that his actions were more than a little childish considering his reckless, and potentially deadly entrance into the area. "why don't you put your toys away so we can get to the actual objective" she continued as she waited for Luka and Adamir to turn around so they could get on the road.