Ancient Ruins of the Lost Seven Winds (medieval, still open)

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
zayne11
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Ancient Ruins of the Lost Seven Winds (medieval, still o

Post by zayne11 »

(Herp-a-derp I screwed up. D:)
Last edited by zayne11 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
If one says that they are too (insert word like smart here) for (example) being gay. That means you are either the smartest person in the world, or everyone smarter than you isn't homosexual either. Please understand that may upset some people.
http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6386 is a thing for my character(s).

Sponsor

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Arctic Fox

Post by LukatheBlind »

Luka looks around as Adamir points out his mistake in direction. Luka chuckles and blushes turning around and looking at him, "i suppose i got too excited and didnt pay attention to where i was going". Luka looked surprised at Jack and shook his head "i thought you were better than that" he shook his head and walked past him sadly "please dont follow us Mr. Jack, i cant afford to risk peoples lives" Luka gave Jack one sad glance before walking off towards the temple, his good morning turned sour at the loss of a party member. After a ways out of the city he looked to Aloine and Adamir " i hope i was not wrong in doing so" his eyes aimed at their target as he shook his head.

(kael, i will put us up against bandits soon, that way you have an opening to come in. Zayne i am confused at your posts, please pm and clairify how you heard the crazy bird comment when your waiting at the temple, thank you ^^)
~Too Cute to be straight! ^-^~

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

[bringing in the Thumb of the White Hand, Carda the Paladin]

Carda was walking down the road, on the way to deal with a minor problem. She had been sick of sitting in the Hand's HQ, not doing anything. She was here to address a rumor of the Black Hand mobilizing here. However, she was just happy to be doing something.

She was dressed in her Plate armor. The white armor gleamed in the sun, making her a really bright and hard to miss person. Not that she had any reason to hide. She was the White Hand's greatest fighter, named the Thumb, and was almost always greeted well wherever she went. If not for renown, for the healing and courage she brought with her.

She was walking counter to the oncoming group, her helmet and armor hiding most details about her, and was contemplating her first move when she got to the town.

[by the way, she has a demon locked inside her that fights for control often]
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Triss
Spy
Spy

Post by Triss »

Keeping his paw on his sword Adamir pulls out a device as he scowls at the crow, "I would reconsider casting a spell and not just for what it might cost you in legal penalty." Holding up a small tube shaped device circled by colored crystals the device slowly starts to buzz scattering it's own magical aura over many meters in an unnatural way. Letting his fingers leave his sword Adamir gives a sympathetic look to Asriel, "Healing while I have this out and spells that are not harmful are no danger, but few spells will function quite as intended...I will put it away once we are free of current company, and if you wish I will explain it to you."

zayne11
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zayne11 »

Jarrod sat in the shadows as some shadowy people walked in. They walked through the entrance room after searching briefly and fell to the victim of a pitfall trap. Jarrod snickers as he knows their last ideas were to try and kill a group of people coming by. He continues waiting in hopes that there aren't any more people coming in. He mutters under his breath "They were such fools."
If one says that they are too (insert word like smart here) for (example) being gay. That means you are either the smartest person in the world, or everyone smarter than you isn't homosexual either. Please understand that may upset some people.
http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6386 is a thing for my character(s).

The Crow
Baron
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow »

Jack growled, being visibly enraged. He was tempted to attack, but he didn't. He spat at the ground in Luka's direction, then turned and walked away, slamming his staff into the ground in anger.

((Off to non-existance. Bye guys =( ))
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Aloine shook her head as they walked. "if his actions since he met us, and especially when provoked, were any indication, he probably would have been more harm than help in the end.." she said to Luka "..but that's just my opinion" she concluded before turning her attention to Adamir "I am interested in hearing just how it differentiates benign spells from malevolent ones.." she said as she looked at the device. Ahead, she could faintly see the glint of armor, someone approaching from the direction they were headed, but still too far away to tell much more than that.

Triss
Spy
Spy

Post by Triss »

"Oh it doesn't but a benevolent spell tends not to be made out of energy that might turn you to ash...This device is the product of all of my finest work and it is still not sufficient to do all I ask of myself. However, with it a peasant could quite reasonably and reliably kill a mage...it's just not always an innately healthy turn of events. In all honesty unless the mage actually knows what this device does it would quite possibly be lethal to both participants and I have heard some rumor of forms of magic and creatures that might in some ways be able to render it useless. However, I cannot guarantee they would survive encountering the device at all, as I've never put it in the presence of an elemental, sentient spell, or lich. If it didn't explode first I theorize it would rip their magical essence to shreds equivalent to detonating their very body and spreading it non-too gently over a number of leagues." Sufficiently far enough from the mage in question that any natural hearing should be thwarted and magical hearing should be overly jumbled by Adamirs various trinkets the inventor starts to explain his device. "You see, this is a quite spectacular device, it absorbs all spells cast close enough to draw it's attention by a one way void lens, partitions the energy into each of it's core elements turning complex spells into very basic energy producing or energy absorbing spells as the draw of energy destroys their form and then scatters them evenly over the area of it's reach which is dependent upon the power of the spell. Beneficial spells won't function at all as intended unless you intend to protect the entire radius of the device, heal those within it's area, or other such things. Lethal spells will either be too dispersed to be lethal or destroy everyone involved. Depending on mechanisms powerful spells such as teleportation are equally destructive or beneficial but will not teleport anything. At least to say, no mage that has ever attempted a complex spell while testing my device has produced a desirable result. It really isn't a trump card on it's own, particularly if your mage issue involves a suicidal maniac, but in the hands of a suicidal maniac who is fighting for good it could provide a chance to save civilization from a monster."

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind »

Luka nodded sadly at Aloine's reply, he knew she was right, but couldnt help but feel guilty. He looked at her again and nodded, then caught her eyes wandering in front, lookig to where she was. There seemedto be a small fire wandering across the snow, as they got closer he realized it wasnt fire but armor glinting in the sun, making the figure look as they were aflame. He tilted his head as they got closer. He tuned into Adamir's explanation of his device then giggled in spite of himself, the fur wasto wordsy for his own good, luka didnt understand a word of it. His attentioned turned to the figure drawing closer. he stopped at a safe distance and beckoned for the other two to stop. "hello there, who might you be" he was worried it could be a theif or bandit, but the plate armor and regal like stance quickly dismissed that. Luka walked forward, his hands held out in greeting "i must say Sir, your armor does give off quite a glow" luka said, covering his eyes, not realizing he was, in fact, a she. "you look like a warrior of sorts" he worded carefully. "might i ask to bother you further?" he wasnt sure what to expect from the armor clad figure in front of him, so he kept his hands close to his hidden blades, just in case.

(Adamir, by next post, your character would have seen a man aiming a cross bow at kael at the right of us a bit away, and looking left would see two others, obviously an ambush, kael if you can sense magic, you'll sense a weak magic being built up on the other side of a hill, if not then just continue talking to luka, aloine, you can sense it as well)

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Carda instantly narrowed her eyes inside her helm when he approached her, but the call said they were friendly. "I am called Carda, travelers. I can't say sorry for the glow my armor gives off, it is the nature of metal blessed by a goddess." She smiled to herself, catching the sir. If Luka had known much about religions, he would know about the White Hand, whose symbol was emblazoned on her chest, helm, shield, gauntlets, and boots. The White Hand was almost entirely female, but most wouldn't instantly know that... "You may bother me, I was just checking on something nearby, but it can wait."
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

aloine listened to Adamir explain his device with a healthy dose of genuine interest. "so, what happens if the spell is already base element?" she asked curiously "would it also work against a magically powered projectile sent from beyond it's range? How does it react if protection or healing is cast over only one person within it's range?" Her questions were all pointed, and seemed to be asked with a decided purpose. She looked closely at the armored figure that was now standing near them as Luka spoke. She leaned in and whispered into Luka's ear "I'm reasonably sure Carda is a female" this was all she said, not elaborating on how she got her information. She had gone back to standing passively nearby when she caught the familar tingle of magic being used nearby. She looked over at Adamir. "put the thing away now please." she said simply as she began gathering energy of her own, forming a defensive spell as she did. She had learned a long time ago that when out on the road, it was always safest to assume the worst, which in this case meant she was assuming that the buildup of magic would be aimed at them, and would not be friendly. She waited, prepared to release the spell the moment she could determine for sure the nature and target of the other magic.

Triss
Spy
Spy

Post by Triss »

Spotting the crossbowman as he readies his continued description of experiments Adamir darts forwards tucking his device away so swiftly it's almost like it wasn't there, but the buzzing stops as he reaches to grab Luka by his arm and jerk him aside so that the armored man is shielding them weather or not he wants to. "Let this generously armored bystander handle that crossbow bolt and stop trying to make me die for you!" Leaning past the opposite side of strange paladin Adamir chucks a sputtering wooden flask towards the attackers, spouting a dense white smoke that smells, tastes and feels like onion juice.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Carda, slightly confused, suddenly detected the build-up of magic. She turned, drawing the longsword from her hip and readying her heavy shield. The Shield had a Whit hand emblazoned on it, and the Sword had one on the blade. Carda whispered a small prayer, and her shield's symbol glowed slightly. She set it ready for any oncoming attacks. She hadn't noticed the bolt hit her armor and simply deflect off it. Truly, she had been concentrating on her inner Demon, Brezel, making sure he didn't suddenly take over in her confusion.

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind »

Luka blushed at Aloine's comment then began to speak right when Adamir grabbed him pulling his arm until he was behind Carda. Luka looked shocked "what are you--" luka see's Adamir throw a canister of gas at the bandits, then realizes they were under attack. Luka quickly pulls out his daggers, kisses him on the cheek " Adamir, protect Aloine, she is the healer!" he smiles turns and runs straight at the archers breath held, deflecting arrows with his blades, an old trick he learned in his tribe, deflecting arrows was taught more than swordplay. He ran close to one, flipped over just as an arrow was fired, cut it out of the air upside down so it would not harm his friends, and landed behind, bringing the pommel down on the archers head, knocking him out. Luka wanting air, backflipped back out of the cloud, eyes watering as he walked backwards deflecting the arrows. "owowowowow that stuff hurts my eyes and nose" he complained as he backed up.

(ok, now i'm setting post order, seeing as how i am controlling the whole thing, i will go first for the enemies, i will put an @ symbol in the enemies or monsters post, then Luka heart will go last in posting order to cover the whole thing. seeing as Asyriel/Aloine joined up first, she will do the lead post, next Triss/Adamir, then Zayne11/Jarrod (when we meet at the temple, that means that when jarrod joins up, he has to do it his turn ok ^^, then last our new member Kael/Carda, i'm expecting big things from you guys, this is where it gets serious, from here on out, death of your characters is a possibility, so no belly aching if they do, this dungeon is of my own design, so give it your all, and please HAVE FUN X3 )

LukatheBlind
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by LukatheBlind »

@ The archers suddenly choke and gag due to the onion cloud as they send a volley of 6 arrows at once, 3 being better hidden even to Adamirs eyes. the arrows fly at the group 3 at luka deflecting them, 1 at Adamir, Carda in the way, and 2 at Aloine, one missing because of the cloud. Suddenly a fireball is shot into the air and 4 bandits weilding a variety of swords pop up behind the group and begin running at the them, 2 at Carda to test their mettle, 1 at adamir, to stop his potions, and 1 at luka, the arrows having no effect. A bandit with robes, makes a symbol and blows the gas away. (battle begins, remember the order ^^)