Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

(Mideval, Open) Swords-For-Hire

This is where all of the medieval Arctic Islands role-plays are archived.
RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Re: (Mideval, Open) Swords-For-Hire

Post by RasHeart » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:46 am

Erellan sighed, crawling under the sheets. He was exhausted. The hare moved lower into the blanket, sinking into the bed until just his ears showed up. "Inuk," he muttered. "Do ye really think there's something between us?" It was an honest question, and he sort of wanted the answer to be yes. A small part of his mind had suggested it.

Sponsor

IkarosMelan
Assassin
Species: Seal-Wolf Hybrid

Post by IkarosMelan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:58 am

Inuk blushed at the question. It's something she'd wanted to hear from him for a while. "Of course. I personally think the question's silly, but I definitely feel something between us." She slipped under the covers with him and snuggled beside him. "You're special to me, Erellan, and I don't ever want to lose you." She gently kissed his cheek. "Did something make you think I didn't want to be with you?"
Read about my beautiful mind babies here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6632&p=127208#p127208

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:08 am

Erellan shook his head slowly, pulling Inuk a bit closer. "No. Nothing." he said. "Just a question." He was tired, now more than ever, but before he drifted off, the hare pulled Inuk's muzzle right up against his, holding a tender kiss between them. Aaaaand, he was lights out.

KiloFoxx
Assassin
Species: Arctic Fox

Post by KiloFoxx » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:30 pm

((have to admit, kinda felt like a voyeur reading that. interesting development though))
Kilo woke, his shoulder was patched and he was in a bed with clean sheets, most of his clothes were folded neatly on a bedside table with the bag on top. the fox poked at his shoulder, no pain, that meant it was healed so he ripped the linen bindings off. he got out of bed and started puting his clothes on when a nurse happened by.
"sir you shouldn't be moving you're still badly..."
"injured?" Kilo interupted, turning so his bare shoulder was visible. "nothing of the sort now i have someone to find, excuse me" he finished dressing but paused on his way out. "you didn't happen to treat a hybrid earlier did you? seal-wolf, accompanied by two magi?" the nurse shook her head and Kilo nodded "very well then, good day" he left, leaving payment on a countertop.
Kilo stepped out into the cold morning air and breathed deeply. the scents were even thinner now, he'd have to find them the old-fashioned way.
"well, they'd likely find a room for the night, so an inn is in order" the logic made sense to him, so he made his way there.
their scents were stronger at the inn, they had definatly been there. likely still were given the time. Kilo walked in and found a place to wait. a corner, facing all the exits.

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Inuk chuckled to herself, adjusting herself against her partner. "Sweet dreams, Erellan." She said quietly. She was lulled to sleep by the rhythmic sound of her bedmate's heartbeat. 

---

Inuk woke in a slightly groggy state the next day, nearly disoriented. She turned her head to check the time of day, spotting a window on the far wall. With a quick slip from under Erellan's arm, she rolled out of bed, landing on her backside rather clumsily. The resulting thump wasn't as loud as she had suspected, or maybe her boyfriend was just a heavy sleeper, as he showed no sign of disturbance when she glanced up at him. Once properly on her feet she made her way to the window and the back the curtains. Based on the position of the sun, it was still the morningtime, so they hadn't missed breakfast.  

Inuk didn't want to wake Erellan up, so she simply slipped out the door to the lobby to return with a meal. 

Iggy
Rogue
Species: Autotuned Deer

Post by Iggy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:03 am

About that time, Ruaridh was pushing his way through the door, just now arriving after walking all night. The big guy wasn't fast, and got into a hold up on his way as well. He looked ragged and tired, with the wounds he obtained the day before still open and undressed. He staggered slowly towards the front desk of the inn, and talked quickly to the innkeeper in hushed tones. "But you're hurt, and frozen solid!" the innkeeper whispered back. "Besides, I don't know if our beds will hold a man of your... weight." He grunted. "Then I'll sleep on the damn floor." He dropped a small cloth baggie that chimed with the sound of coin. "Take what you want." Then he slowly hampered off to his room, ducking so he wouldn't bump the ceiling, with more than a few lobby goers watching. But when he got out of sight, he went out of mind of the rest of the lobby.

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:16 pm

"I'll sleep on the damn floor." A gruff voice spoke from the other room. "That voice sounds just like-" Inuk turned her head to see who was coming in through the door and up the stairs. "It's that muskox fellow! As long as he doesn't see any of us I don't think he'll stir up anything else." She turned her back to him and carried on with gathering something for herself and her party to eat.  

She slipped up the stairs a little while after the muskox did, stealthing her way into her room. The tray of foods was set down on the bedside table, and Erellan was given a slight nudge. "Wake up. I've got breakfast!"

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Erellan was already awake, sitting up in bed as he watched Inuk enter the room. "That was that Muskox bloke." He said, eyeing the tray of food she brought in. "We should stay out of sight until he leaves." That plan was utterly thrown out the window.

"AH, bonjour, Monsieur Muskox." He heard a feminine voice, with a slurred Domish accent call out downstairs. Weslee had been up drinking all night, and was now drunk out of her mind. "She didn't pass out." The locals would tell to their friends later. "Looks like the Domish are made of sterner stuff." Their friends would reply.

The dog stumbled around, knocking over tables, bowls of soup and other people's drinks. She made her way over to Ruaridh, chuckling like only a drunk person could. "Almost killed poor Inuk there." She scolded. "Shame on you!"

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Inuk cocked an eyebrow at the sound of a drunken Weslee, turning to Erellan to question him. "When did she have the time to get that drunk? I could've sworn she went to sleep last night." She picked up a roll of bread and took a bite out of it so she could have something on her stomach. "We should probably get ready to leave, in case that muskox decides to raise up a stink and tears the place apart." Even with that said, she took a seat on the bed beside Erellan and passed him a roll. "But, until we hear anything that could allude to trouble, we have some time to ourselves to loaf about. How'd you sleep?"

KiloFoxx
Assassin

Post by KiloFoxx » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Kilo watched silently as the muskox passed, but buried his face in his paws when he saw Wes confront him. Inuk wasn't in sight and based on how quickly the fervor of battle died down the night before, he suspected "monsieur muskox" wasn't about to jump into battle in the lobby.

with a calm unbefitting of the urgency, Kilo stood and approached the bar. he gestured the barkeep over and whispered several ingredients to him, which were hurridly mixed and passed to the fox. the concoction smelled foul and would taste even worse. with a slight-of-paw that would make even the Arctic Fox goddess proud, he deftly replaced Wes' drink with the sobering concoction. the smell alone should snap her back, gods forbid she actually DRINK it however.
the fox slinked back into the shadows, watching and waiting until he was needed, or things died down and he could properly rejoin his comrades

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Wesley hadn't noticed Kilo swapping her drink with the concoction, taking a swig. She liked it. Wait, what? "The Domish lass drank the stuff, and liked it.." The locals would also tell their friends. "Then again, they DO eat snails, or so I'm told." Their friends would reply. In fact, Weslee had not once eaten escargot.

"Thanks for the drink, sexy!" She called out to Kilo in her drunken stupor, then turning her attention back to Ruaridh, rolling her up her sleeves. "I oughta... vous faire manger vos propres dents, gros mammouth laineux." She slurred in Domish. Weslee fell over.

Erellan sighed, giving Inuk a soft smile. "Like a rock, as usual." He yawned. The hare climbed out of bed, putting on some clothes.

Iggy
Rogue
Species: Autotuned Deer

Post by Iggy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Ruaridh entered his room, shut the door, dumped his pack on the floor, and collapsed onto the carpet from exhaustion in a split second sequence, sending a loud thump throught the inn. He felt the gash on his left leg open back up when he hit the floor, but was too tired to wince. "I'll get fixed up later..." he muttered as he passed out on the floor, blood beginning to slowly form a pool around one of his legs.

KiloFoxx
Assassin

Post by KiloFoxx » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Kilo cringed inwardly, she wasn't supposed to drink the foul concoction of cinnamon whisky, hot pepper, wild garlic, and wheatgrass. he sighed and went to Wes' side, propping her upright against a chair.

((it sounds so bad, but i kinda actually want to try that mixture. ew, but FOR SCIENCE!))

IkarosMelan
Assassin

Post by IkarosMelan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Inuk was altogether confused about her group's situation. It was all rather cartoonish, in her opinion. Weslee was normally so well-behaved, so seeing her drunk raised a bunch of question marks over her head. The kicker for her was most definitely the developments in her relationship with Erellan, not that she was complaining. Everything for her happened so suddenly and it was just then hitting her square in the face. Once she finally took in everything, it kind of made her smile. "This is just another casual misadventure for us, isn't it, Erellan?"

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Erellan gave Inuk a slight shrug. Weslee always said she was the "level-headed" and "rational" one, so seeing her, or rather hearing her drunk like this came, as a shock. "I spose so, Inuk." he simply said, getting up out of bed. That was enough rest for now. It was time to get Weslee. He put on some clothes, climbing down the stairs into the inn's main floor. His compatriot was now passed out on the floor, limbs splayed out. She wouldn't be awake for a long time, he reckoned...