New user but a veteran RPer

This board is for discussing specific role-plays or ideas for new role-plays. If you are planning a role-play and need somewhere to talk about it, then this is the place to go. This is also where you would make role-playing requests.
Shanshan Sarchus
Peasant
Peasant
Species: Andrewsarchus

New user but a veteran RPer

Post by Shanshan Sarchus »

Hi! The name's Shanshan, or, at least that's the name of my fursona. As of right now, for the sake of introduction, I'll be speaking out-of-character.

I am an avid writer looking to expose my fursona, Shanshan Sarchus, to new scenarios. I've been roleplaying for about six years now, and considering I'm seventeen now [18 in Nov 2017] that's quite a bit. I'm totally open to joining any sort of running roleplay but be wary of my writing style. I've been told by more 'one-liner' roleplayers and those types that I've been very anal about my writing, but the rules stated here that roleplays will be semi-literate at the very least, so I'm glad to hear that!

Usually my roleplay posts will be in Times New Roman, or the font I'm currently using. I do use color-coding for my character dialogue, Shanshan's the color used above[#BF0000 for future ref], as well as bolding since I understand it can be hard to read this thin font. A sample sentence:

"You look sick. Can I offer a wildflower tonic for that fever? I promise it'll make you feel much better~"

Now of course, because I write like this, it doesn't mean everyone else has to in order for me to keep myself in the RP. My goodness, I'm not a brat. ;)

Anyhoo, I set this post up for any possible hookups with roleplays, either new or already created! I love to help make things more interesting and will be happy to contribute my opinion! For full details on Shanshan, I'll put the link here or you may find it on my profile bio.

https://charahub.com/character/1050123/Shanshan-Sarchus

I can't wait to delve into Feila!

Shanshan Sarchus

EDIT: Because of my dear Shanny's odd species, I'm wondering what kingdom, if any, would she belong to? She is a nomad, so I guess it wouldn't matter too much, but I'd like your opinions!
"Serving in a medical profession while having no thumbs really makes things difficult."
-Shanshan Sarchus

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Re: New user but a veteran RPer

Post by Asyriel »

If you're looking for something in the more futuristic realm, I've got one here: http://www.feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=54 ... 38#p136938 that's still fairly early in. I'd Also be game for starting something new if you'd rather go that route. I've got quite a few characters, link in my sig, and would be up for just about any scenario.

Shanshan Sarchus
Peasant
Peasant

@Asyriel I would love to start something up! I'm good with either starting something that more furs can join, or a one-and-one RP we could do either in a forum thread or PM[if that's allowed]

And really, I wouldn't have any business picking a character yet until we pick an era or, if medieval, find a place to start in Feila. Needless to say, I gave your characters a quick overview and I like the looks of them! Some of them are much older than Shanshan, so I'm going to have to be wary of that, haha. I just wish I had the SPOILER option on Charahub, because that's where I put all my characters...That's such a cool idea, to have that available.
"Serving in a medical profession while having no thumbs really makes things difficult."
-Shanshan Sarchus

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

well, we can start something One on One in a thread, and then others can be welcome to join in if they want. Medieval is fine with me, most of my character are from that era anyway. Do you have any particular 'type' of story/RP you'd like to do?

Yeah,they are a bit older, but considering the experience they have, it didn't make much sense to me for them to be very young. Of course, if you'd rather a character closer to the age of yours, I've got a few in my head that I haven't put down on paper yet that I could use.

Shanshan Sarchus
Peasant
Peasant

Oh, well it's all up to you in terms of your characters! I'm just being picky, is all. I will say out of your Medieval characters[whaich is how I set Shanny up on this site, pff] I have a conflict between two: Aloine and Gavin. They're both extremely interesting and I feel like Shanshan's personality would mix well with either one.
Spoiler:

I really like them both, I can't choose! screams internally
-Shanshan Sarchus

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

hmm...well, there's nothing saying you can't play with both. I can easily manage multiple RP's if you'd like, or we can work with one, then the other when the first is finished, or maybe even work them both into the same RP.

We could work with the Shanshan healing Gavin idea, but perhaps she needs a particular ingredient, and Aloine is the one to have it/know where it is. Of course, with any thread involving Gavin, Freya will make an appearance as well.

Shanshan Sarchus
Peasant
Peasant

Yes, that's true. I'm considering Aloine and Gavin both in the same RP with Shanshan, and I like that idea to tie them both to her. Like, it almost sounds like the "I know what you have, and I know how to make it go away, I know how to use the thing to cure it, but I don't have the thing to cure it; I'll return once I find it" trope.

There's always the possibility too, since you'd mentioned Aloine has been looking for more tutors and studied healing, she has the item but doesn't know how to use or even what it is, but in return for the item Shanshan offers healing mentorship? I know she's younger than Aloine, but making medicine and healing people is her life.

Ah yes, I'd read about Freya and the twins she had with Gavin. Now I'm kinda wondering that they look like, pff Since she lives outside of the castle and on her own property, I'm wondering as to what degree of an appearance you'd plan for her. I have nothing against her at all, I just didn't really mention Freya to begin with because I'd initially thought she lived a more independent life from Gavin now.
-Shanshan Sarchus

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Yeah, that sounds very similar to what I was thinking.

heh...Fryea's bio may be a little confusing. The twins, and her own property are a part of her story after what would be any active RP in the medieval era. It's mostly story added for history when playing her in future eras. She currently serves as bodyguard, and messenger for Gavin, as well as any other tasks that he feels he can trust no one else with.

I can't really say for sure that Aloine would be looking for tutoring in the healing arts as much as furthering her education in schools of magic she hasn't yet gotten as firm a grasp on. It would probably be more a Professional colleague sort of relationship when it comes to the realm of healing.

Shanshan Sarchus
Peasant
Peasant

Ah, I understand now. Okay! I think she'd go well, since she's a bodyguard/courier now, perhaps she's the one sent out to find Shanshan? Once Shanny's let into the castle and assesses the ailment, she says she doesn't have the item and goes off to find it, encountering Aloine?

And yes, colleagues would be totally fine with me! Would Aloine have any idea what healing item she'd coincidentally have, or would Shanshan be able to approach her because she notices the item on her person, asking her favor for Gavin, and Aloine agrees to go along?
-Shanshan Sarchus

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

That would be the likely appearance that Freya would make.

There's a good chance that unless it's some old artifact, Aloine would know what she had, though it wouldn't be hard to persuade her to go along for the sake of healing someone.

Shanshan Sarchus
Peasant
Peasant

Alright, that all sounds perfectly fine with me! Would you be okay with me putting up the thread post for our RP? I assume with the way it's built it'll be a one-on-one?
-Shanshan Sarchus

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

I don't mind at all. Yeah, it'll probably work best as a one on one.

Shanshan Sarchus
Peasant
Peasant

Any suggestions as to what I should title it? I'll come up with something for the timebeing, but if you've got something better let me know and I'll change it! Also, this'll go under the Edwin RP branch, and I'll put [1x1] in the title as well since I couldn't find a separate spot for those types of RPs.
-Shanshan Sarchus

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Usually a one on one is just labeled as (Closed) in the title.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet you. Normally, I'd say hello at the Entrance Hall, but I see that you've introduced yourself here. So that's fine. I'm glad to hear that you're already getting established and about to start your first role-play. I wish you luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm the head administrator here and then there's also the Medieval Information Kiosk, where you may get an answer from anyone.

Also, it's okay if you want to role-play in the private messages, but it's perfectly fine if you want to have private role-plays on the forum. We're very laid back here at Feila. While we do have some rules, we let people do pretty much whatever they want.

Have fun!