Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Looking for first RP

This board is for discussing specific role-plays or ideas for new role-plays. If you are planning a role-play and need somewhere to talk about it, then this is the place to go. This is also where you would make role-playing requests.
Draro
Peasant
United States of America

Looking for first RP

Post by Draro » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 pm

I've been interested in trying my hand at RP for a while now, and have finally taken the plunge...or tried to. I just feel incredibly awkward thinking about just joining an ongoing RP, even if it is an open invitation. Was hoping someone could help me with my first RP, also hoping that once I've done this a bit I'll feel more comfortable with jumping in to one.

As far as setting/time period/whatever, I have a few years of DMing D&D under my belt and can create a character for just about any situation, though I prefer a medieval setting. Actually, the only setting I've never really been too fond of has been steampunk, everything else is pretty fun.

Thanks in advance.

Happy hunting

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Looking for first RP

Post by Asyriel » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:57 am

I'll join you for starting a new RP. Do you have something in mind?

Draro
Peasant
United States of America

Post by Draro » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Unfortunately Asyriel, I didn't. I'm kinda nervous and don't really know what would be a good idea for an RP or not.

Thanks for joining me though! I've seen your name in a lot of posts on this site and it really puts me at ease that you offered to join me in a new RP

Happy hunting

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm always willing to join in and help someone new, especially if it will help them to be more comfortable here. More comfortable people means more RPs and activity.

So, I suppose a good stepping off point to come up with an RP idea would be to think about your character's goals, or at least what they're looking to do, or what motivates them. Looking at the character you have posted, he'd probably like Natsuki at least for the fact that she plays music. Though I have her mostly built as a character I can toss into other people's stories. She's a merchant, so typically goes where the trade takes her, though she's usually willing to help someone out with....whatever.

Draro
Peasant
United States of America

Post by Draro » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:41 pm

I'm sure Wilbras would love the chance to simply travel with her, not even just the music, he wants to see the world and travel as much as "adventure." I was planning on adjusting Wilbras' goals once he saw a bit of the world, but I guess a good short term goal would be finding someone to actually teach him Dark magic, he doesn't really know what he's doing in that regard or even how to go about finding someone to teach him.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Lol....well, Natsuki wouldn't be one to teach magic, but she may know of somewhere he could go to learn.

Miko
Assassin
Species: Red Fox
France

Post by Miko » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Miko could teach him :)
But RP speaking, he could only meet him from time to time, as he travels a lot and stays mainly in Domus ^^