The Subfursives RP Discussion

This board is for discussing specific role-plays or ideas for new role-plays. If you are planning a role-play and need somewhere to talk about it, then this is the place to go. This is also where you would make role-playing requests.
Larcen
Duke
Duke
Species: Coyote

The Subfursives RP Discussion

Post by Larcen »

'K so like, yeah! I wanna start up a RP, but ideas escape me. I'm up for 'bout anything, and am willing to craft one with someone. Always kinda wanted to do an '80s near-future sci fi thingy (for reference, see Robocop, Escape from New York, The Running Man and the like). Like, Age of Information, but with advanced corporation as the enemy maybe? Could set it in a date like 1997 for laughs. Then of course, being '80s action movie, our heroes could be a little less realistic. For example, my one character Spike is a roller derby contestant, who if pressed to kick butt, would employ her skates and some of those don't-try-this-at-home-cubs pro WWE moves. That was one idea.

Otherwise, if the above is too absurd, I'm open for whatever ya got. Hit me!
Last edited by Larcen on Fri May 05, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Re: New RP - No Idea Yet

Post by Asyriel »

I'd be up for another RP with you, and anybody else who would be interested. I have an unnaturally lucky gambler that could be an unlikely 80s action hero.

Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Right on! I also have as Spike's usual boyfriend, a reformed gangster practically ripped out of GTA: Vice City (even wears that grey pinstripe-and-pink-shirt leisure suit on occasion), Florence "Turnpike" LaTrans.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

sounds like fun. I may or may not end up with a second character thrown in. See how things feel and play out I suppose.

Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

swell! Might as well come up with plot... any ideas before I come up with bad ones? :3
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Lol...I don't know that my ideas are exactly good. The one that came to my mind was some sort of super automated theme park that's a testing ground/front for developing an AI that goes rogue and starts using the theme park to attack people. the place could have all sorts of security measures that have no place whatsoever in a theme park that the AI uses.......and yeah...

Miko
Assassin
Assassin
Species: Red Fox

Post by Miko »

I'd like to join then, but I should create a character for that matter. Mine is in the medieval era :D

Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Swell, Miko! Also, idea: Setting I was thinking would be in Domus, in an alternate-future 1999. Events from the other RP Asyriel and I are in would carry over. (this would, in turn, mean that the "Kills 99.9% on Contact!" RP would be set in like, 1997. I figure Dima's special military(?) GPS unit would still fit, as something so hi-tech, the average civvy wouldn't have one). Idea is that Edwin all but disappeared, leaving the rest of Feila in economic chaos. Corporations stepped in, and there comes the setting. On both points, Asyriel, whatchu think? If the answer is "nay," I can make something else up unrelated to the other story. Basically the only thing that would take it out of the late 90s was the GPS.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Sounds good to me. We can say that Dima maintained some military connections when she got out, and managed to procure her GPS that way just before going to Edwin.

Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Right! Actually...*calculates* 1995. But yeah! So I'll soon start up the thread, give the background post, and the two of you'unz can join whenev!

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

sounds like a plan to me

Miko
Assassin
Assassin
Species: Red Fox

Post by Miko »

Fine :D
Do I need my character to "be" or to "have" something particular? Like military training or political/economical power? I'd like it to interfere with Miko's RP, and I was thinking about his sister being sent through time right to you because of a magical accident. I guess she would lose all of her magical abilities (because magic do not exist at you time, unless you're ok with a lesser form of magic explained in a Star Wars/Dune way, as faith is the main reason why she is able to use magic in the first place). I'm also interested in a RP with a character dragged into a plot in which he/she does not have any idea about what is going on.

Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Oh dear, because Spike is superstitious and kinda wigged out by magic (played her like that in medieval form too X3) and her beau has an estranged brother who's a preacher. But let's see... *pops in VHS of TimeCop, then Hercules in New York and ponders.* I s'pose it could happen. Now, will she still be six years old as your character profile says? I'mma post the establishing post for tonight, then you can see what we're dealin' with.

Larcen
Duke
Duke

Post by Larcen »

Do pardon the double-post, but the first one of the RP is up. Iunno, can you guys enter on this?The start feels kinda weak to me... <:|

RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

Post by RabidFox »

Don't worry. You can double post if you really need to. Especially in a place like the Role-playing Discussion sub-forum.