The Merrily Happy City (Discussion)

This board is for discussing specific role-plays or ideas for new role-plays. If you are planning a role-play and need somewhere to talk about it, then this is the place to go. This is also where you would make role-playing requests.
RabidFox
The Great Fox
The Great Fox

The Merrily Happy City (Discussion)

Post by RabidFox »

ROLE-PLAY: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7707

Me, James, and Lilli has been working on a new role-play called The Happily Merry City, which gets its concept from The Happily Merry Forest. This is a modern role-play and will take place in the Age of Information, which is a sub-forum of the Dimensional Break.

Basically, the city is mostly abandoned, and has been tainted by some kind of ancient, evil magic. The characters will experience their lives fed to them by the untamed darkness, in such a way as to be only described as pure horror. Illusions will take over their minds and throw them into a perilous journey of self-exploration. What exactly this implies will take shape over the duration of the story.

Anyone who would like to join us may post their interest here. We're looking to have some fun, so feel free to get creative in your own unique way.

Sponsor

XLilli
Assassin
Assassin
Species: Cat anthro

Re: The Happily Merry City (Discussion)

Post by XLilli »

Mkay! Getting Chrissie set up now!
Look past the things you think you see. Move your head just a touch to the left- a glance in a world of perspectives- and then, you might see it: An entire universe in the corner of your eye.
Dana Cardinal.
You're - You are, your - belonging to you, youre - is not a word, yore - I dunnow
We become what we Behold:
We shape our tools, and then our tools shape us.
Char list: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7628

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Re: The Happily Merry City (Discussion)

Post by JamesG »

And here we are, the first Feila RP for me in nearly five years, haha. Presenting:

The Merrily Happy City

Currently marked as open. As well as doing the tarot cards that players can choose to have effect their characters' fate, I'm also trying out the idea of having a 'Danger Condition' that gives you some idea when the city is being more 'friendly' or 'dangerous', in a similar way the forest changed aspects between deceptively calm, and violent. I think it will change depending on what the players do, but I'll have to see whether it helps you guys or not.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters