Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Private Lessons

Feila is now home to a wide range of advanced technology that makes Earth's present day computers look like children's toys. Sentient androids walk the streets as free citizens, robots have taken over much of the industrial work, and the youth surf the streets on hover boards. Medicine has become so advanced that the disabled can be fitted with cybernetic limbs, while those seeking super strength can find said technology on the black market. Politics have shifted greatly, and Edwin has become a cold and controlling authoritarian state, with each of the remaining nations changed in its own manner. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Private Lessons

Post by Asyriel » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Freya followed along as Kolin searched for suitable targets for practice. She watched with some curiosity as they passed several things she thought might work. "There's a lot of stuff here that..." She trailed off a bit. "I'm not sure why you're keeping it all." She finished her comment. She had turned to look at something else as Kolin opened a crate to reveal that it was full of books. By the time her attention returned to Kolin, he'd closed the crate back up and started hauling it off.

She followed Kolin out onto the abandoned pier. She thought to offer help carrying the crate, but wondered if it may be a point of pride; he hadn't asked for help after all. "Works well enough for me." She commented when Kolin proclaimed that the pier would be an ok spot to practice. She chuckled softly when he brought up the subject of hauling a heavy object with magic. "I think I can probably do that. I'm not sure if you've ever seen or heard of the hovercraft from the late twentieth, and early twenty-first centuries. They 'hovered' on a cushion of trapped air. I think a spell using the same principals would work best for you for now." She paused a moment as she drew energy. "Something like this." She said as she cast a spell that mimicked the cushion of air she had described to Kolin. The crate underneath him lifted a few inches from the ground. It wasn't far, but it was enough that a gentle nudge was able to move it several feet. "And if you're feeling ambitious, you could even use a good gust to add forward momentum." She added with a smile.

She released the magic air cushion, and the crate settled back down. "Now, let's see what kind of targets you found for us to work with." She declared as she clapped her hands together, and grinned in anticipation.

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:57 pm

(Apologies this took so long, was fighting a cold)

Kolin grunted as he lay the crate down on the docks. "To be honest, I'm glad of an excuse to get rid of the clutter. Raymon would bury himself alive, left to his own devices." Resting a bit by perching on the edge of the crate, he swung his legs and rubbed his chin, deep in thought about the hovercraft idea. "Yeah, that could work. Most 'Hovercraft' use mag-lev repulsors these days, but my own magic is more wind than electromagnetic, though I can do a bit in that field as well. Definitely something to add to the practice rotation."

Having caught his breath, he got off the crate, opening the lid as he hauled out his chosen targets. They were old, yellowed paperbacks, the sort that were not meant to last nearly this long. The binding glue was somewhat decayed, and the cover faded, but the overly elaborate cursive title font still was a little shiny from the embossing. The cover was an overdone gothic-style painting, of a three tailed fox woman about to be ravished by a strapping male rabbit. "The trashiest of the trash paperbacks. There's dozens of 'em in there, of no real use to the world as far as I can see."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:38 pm

(no worries, life happens.)

Freya laughed when Kolin mentioned that Raymon would bury himself in clutter if left to his own devices. "You sure he's not part dragon?" She asked in joking tones. She nodded as he reasoned through her suggestion for a spell he could use for moving heavy objects. She perked up a bit when he mentioned that he was able to create some electromagnetic effects. "Oh? In that case, definitely add that to the training rotation. Electromagnetism, and energy projections make up the basis for my 4didar distortion field." She added. "It will be a good thing for you to know for any future trips into Edwin."

Freya gave a small gasp when Kolin opened the crate to reveal the old books. She was conflicted about using them for targets, to say the least. She knew how Raymon felt about his books. "You sure we should use these as targets?" She asked as she pulled one out. She looked at the cover, and held back a giggle. "I wonder if he actually reads all these, or any of them for that matter." She wondered aloud as she carefully opened one of them up to a random page. "Well, I can think of one use for them..." She commented before she started reading aloud from a particularly steamy scene. "Getting any ideas?" She asked, while giving Kolin an impish grin, after reading a couple pages aloud. She cast a protection spell on the book she held in her hand; she still wasn't sure about destroying Raymon's books. She tossed the book into the air above Kolin. "Hit it." She called to him as it sailed through the air.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:23 pm

"Not unless he's been splicing." Kolin replied, as Freya asked about Raymon's potential draconic heritage. That might explain his surprisingly casual attitude towards his friend's 'horde.' He was more interested in the usefulness of electromagnetic manipulation, and its potential uses in stealthily interfering in technology were lining up with his exact hopes in the matter, which he found quite gratifying.

But first, he'd have to train his skills. And these books were what he had chosen. "Unless he's a much different sort of fur than I think him, he doesn't read them." He shrugged, but was quickly surprised when he found the dragoness actually reading them. The language of her chosen passages was nothing if not evocative, and it didn't take an expert in body language to tell that Kolin was getting quite a few ideas from them. The sudden extension and stiffness of his wings were major clue.
"Uh, uhh.... yeah. Not sure they were intended to be used for instructional material..." He quickly weighed his next response, and judged it safe enough, in light of the dragoness' previous flirtations. "Maybe as a cooldown exercise." He ventured a grin, snaking a bolt of electricity out from a pin feather to strike the book, which had the effect of loosening his wings, though they were subsequently filled with numb and tingly sensations.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Freya raised an eyebrow slightly, and chuckled as Kolin mentioned that the only way Raymon had dragon genes was if he'd been splicing. "I don't imagine there's much of our DNA on file for that." She replied.

She watched Kolin's reactions while she was reading from the book, and a wide grin grew across her muzzle. "Okay, maybe not instructional..." She paused as she closed the cover. "...perhaps inspirational." She chuckled softly. She continued to grin as he suggested a cooldown exercise. "Oh? That sounds like fun, I hope you plan on saving some energy." She teased with a wink.

She was impressed as she watched Kolin direct lightning from a wing. "Well done." She called as she watched the book struck by the bolt and drop back down to the ground on the edge of the pier. She wrapped telekinetic tethers around several more of the books. "Lets see how you do with multiple targets." She continued before four of the books launched into the air. They were spread at different altitudes with several feet of space between each of them.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:32 am

It seemed that Kolin was taking Freya's suggestion about saving energy to heart, as he now aimed to deflect the incoming missiles as efficiently as possible. Using his hands for extra precision, he aimed two bolts at the leading books, sending them each into an intercepting trajectory with the books following behind. "How's that, huh?" He grinned back an Freya, his wings spreading an flapping as his blood was being roused.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed May 01, 2019 5:34 pm

((Sorry this took so long. It's been a hectic week.))

“Excellent!” Freya exclaimed in reply when Kolin asked how he’d done after knocking the books out of the air. “I’m going to make it a little harder now.” She continued as she sent more books flying into the air. She stuck with just four books, but increased their speed. Each time Kolin knocked a book from the air, another would fly up to replace it. The books began to weave in increasingly complicated maneuvers. The entire time, Freya watched Kolin carefully. Looking to see how he approached each challenge, how he managed his energy, and his approach to casting. She also kept an eye out for fatigue, ready to end the exercises if it looked like Kolin was over exerting himself.

After some time, she let the books settle back into their crate. “I think this is probably a good time to take another break for a bit.” She commented. “How are you feeling?” She asked Kolin. “I know this probably isn’t what you had in mind when you asked for lessons, but do you feel like you’re learning something?” She continued to question. She paused for a moment, and looked back at the building that had served as their classroom for the morning. “You think he’s finished?”

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon May 13, 2019 3:11 pm

(UGH, I only just now checked back to see my post got eaten! Sorry)

Kolin was taking her advice about efficiency to heart, as he knew that the couldn't deflect all the incoming missiles. What he could do however, was snag a couple of the slower-moving books with his magic to give himself extra blockers if his bolts and air magic couldn't get them all. This let him last a good half-hour beyond any magical exertion he'd undertaken so far, but in the end, he was left panting, sweating, and very grateful for the break.

"Phew, yeah, I do feel it. More like the learning you get about your body from a workout than about the world from books, but learning all the same." He frowned, looking down at his damp tank top. The sensation of wet cloth against wet fur was rather unpleasant, and he pulled it off to wring it out. "Hope you don't mind, but that was bloody annoying. Dunno if it's the same with scales, but wearing a wet shirt just doesn't feel right." The seabreeze was cooling, and the evidence of his exertion rapidly evaporating all the same.

Catching control of his breathing, he bent over to pick up some of the books at his feet, putting them back in the crate. "Who knows? I'm not sure I'm in a hurry to get back anyways." He paused, trying to think of why he just said that. "Freya..." He wasn't looking directly at the dragoness, his eyes were drawn over the eastern horizon, not yet dim even in the afternoon sun. "Am I hopeless? I mean, you've been around a while, much longer than me, but I know enough history to place my type. Idealistic rich young revolutionary, aiming to save the benighted and tyrannized. I don't doubt the justice of my cause, but... well, you saw my kind for yourself several times. Didn't always work out, did it?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed May 15, 2019 8:57 pm

(No problem...it happens.)

When Freya called for a break, she watched Kolin for a moment. She wondered briefly if maybe she should have stopped earlier. She dismissed the thought though as it seemed Kolin wasn’t any worse for wear beyond some fatigue.

She gave a soft chuckle as he likened her lessons to a rigorous workout more than a day spent studying books. “Practical application of magic is just as important to learn as magical theory.” She replied with a smile. “Especially if you plan to possibly use it in combat.” She continued. She watched as Kolin removed his tank top with a raised eyebrow. “Doesn’t bother me one bit.” She replied with a teasing grin before giving him an exaggerated appraising look.

She leaned lightly against the crate while Kolin continued to recover from the training session. She tilted her head a bit when he mentioned not being in a hurry to get back. “No?” She queried with some curiosity. She was thoughtful for a few moments, and watched him closely when he asked if she thought he was hopeless. Eventually, she shook her head. “No, I don’t think you’re hopeless, though I’m sure you have that potential as well. One of the most important pieces of advice I can give you is to remember that no single person is going to accomplish something like this. You may be the metaphorical tip of the spear, but you will need many more to fill out the rest of it, and of course the oppressed themselves. Surround yourself with smart individuals you can trust who believe in your cause. Be mindful of your expectations, and remember that even the best plans often fall apart at first contact with the enemy.” She stood up straight again. “You also have the decided advantage of having a pair of dragons in your corner.” She finished with a wink as she reached out with her telekinesis to gather the remaining books littering the ground, and replace them in the crate. “Since you’re not sure you’re in a hurry to get back, what would you like to do now?” She eventually asked.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 am

Kolin couldn't help but flex just a little bit when he sensed Freya eyeing him up. However playful her teasing was intended, she certainly got a good look. His musculature was what one would expect from someone who regularly flew under their own wingpower, solid, lithe, but not at all bulky. An altogether good look for him, and perhaps yet another reason his parents were incredulous at his continued lack of any prospect of a mate.

"Well, it's good to know I'm not crazy." He grinned. "Or, if I'm crazy, not uselessly crazy." Placing down the last book, he rested his elbows on the stack, looking back at the dragoness. "While I'm here... I don't think we know each other all that well. Or, at any rate, we haven't talked about ourselves all that much. I suppose we think more about our tasks than our pasts... well, I do, at least, but then, I don't have nearly as much of a past as you." Tapping his fingers, he asked, "Soo... what's your story? I think I only ever heard it in bits and pieces. I know you knew the kings of old, and taught classes later, had a family somewhere along the way. How's that all fit together?" He asked, curious, as well as ready for any questions coming his way.