Private Lessons

Feila is now home to a wide range of advanced technology that makes Earth's present day computers look like children's toys. Sentient androids walk the streets as free citizens, robots have taken over much of the industrial work, and the youth surf the streets on hover boards. Medicine has become so advanced that the disabled can be fitted with cybernetic limbs, while those seeking super strength can find said technology on the black market. Politics have shifted greatly, and Edwin has become a cold and controlling authoritarian state, with each of the remaining nations changed in its own manner. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx
United States of America

Re: Private Lessons

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:11 am

Kolin was more than happy to dismiss these dark reflection on his own society, rather quickly and easily, considering the way darkness in a foreign country possessed some of his mental real estate at almost every waking hour. Freya might have been able to place this attitude in historical context as a kind of neo-Imperialism, which would recall one of her own country's less proud political phases.

But it was the personal that was taking priority for them both, right now. Keeping an appreciative eye on the Dragoness as she stretched them came to take a seat, he yawned, propping himself up on one elbow. "Mph, I am not looking forward to the day I reach your age, then!" He laughed at the joke; current medical technology could do much for life-extension, and was likely to get better, but 1,000+ years was probably a lot to ask for someone with no draconic heritage. "And I'd appreciate the help, thank you. I feel the need for a shower, but I don't want to fall asleep in the stall."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Freya consciously avoided dwelling on Kolin’s attitude. She liked him, and some part of her hoped that she may be able to help him avoid pitfalls along the way.

She chuckled at the comment of dreading the day he reached her age. “Oh, it’s not that bad. It’s more lack of practice than anything. You know the old saying, if you don’t use it you lose it.” She replied with a wink.

She grinned again as Kolin accepted her offer of help with his fatigue. She coaxed him into a sitting position, and plopped herself behind him. “When I work healing magic, I prefer to work through contact.” She commented as she started massaging his neck, shoulders, and upper back around the joints where his wings connected. As she worked, she gently channeled magic to wash away built up lactic acid, and work repairs on the muscles. Before long, she shifted her magic a bit to focus on relaxing the muscles, and donating energy that Kolin’s body could immediately use. The final bit of energy would probably go the furthest toward making Kolin feel less tired. “If I did that well, a good night’s sleep, and you’ll just as refreshed as if you didn’t just spend an entire day flying.” She told him as she finished.

“Feeling ready for that shower?” She eventually asked. “Think you can manage without falling asleep, or do you need me to come with to keep an eye on you?” She asked with a teasing half grin.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 pm

It had been a while since Kolin had gotten anything like a massage; the knots that began to loosen under Freya's care had knots built up over more than just one long flight. "Aahhhh..." He let out a groan, and then a purr, at the dragoness' healing touch. "Mmm... I think you're going to have to add this to the syllabus, the technique has- ooh, much to recommend itself." He almost felt as if he would stretch out and sleep, after so relaxing an experience, just before the jolt of energy hit him.

"Ah, there we go!" Rolling his neck, and feeling no cracks, he stood up with a grin. "Eh, I think I'll be good on my own. The stalls aren't exactly private, either. There's being at peace with the rumor mill, and then just hanging one's limbs over the fence in the alligator exhibit!" Laughing, he pulled a towel out of his bag and went out to wash the sweat out of his fur.

Thankfully, Yvette and her party were nowhere to be seen, and he was able to take a quick wash in peace. Turning off the shower, he picked up the towel to begin to dry off, before pausing. An idea occurred to him... a quick look showed no bystanders. Snapping his fingers, he summoned up a wind, concentrating it over his fur to act as a magical blow dryer. In concert with a bit of vigorous rubbing, he soon felt dry and fresh. Grinning at his achievement, he returned back to the cabin, aiming just to get a ration bar out of his bag, then hit the bed soon after.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 pm

With her hands on him, and the magical connection she channeled energy through, she could feel when said energy hit him. She moved her hands as he got up, and laughed at the colorful imagery he described. “Only if we shared a stall.” She teased as he grabbed his towel. “Have fun, and don’t let Yvette catch you.” She laughed as he left the cabin.

When the door shut, Freya got up. She realized that she was rather hungry, but doubted Kolin wanted to spend much time out where there was a chance of a repeat encounter like they’d had when they landed. She glanced around briefly to make sure nobody was peeking in any windows, and opened a portal to her storage space. She reached in, and pulled a cooler through. She produced anything that wasn’t already in the cabin that she would need to cook a meal.

She was well into getting everything ready for the actual cooking by the time Kolin came back into the cabin. She looked over her shoulder as he came in. “Oh hey!” She looked back down at what she had been working on before looking at Kolin again. “Um…well, I was thinking you’d be a bit longer for some reason.” She explained with a shrug. “I’ll have something fixed up before too long if you don’t mind the wait, and if you don’t mind stir fry.” She commented before going back to what she was working on.

It wasn’t much longer before she had two plates of spicy Mongolian beef stir fry ready to go. She offered a plate to Kolin before she sat down to dig into her own meal. “So how many of those parties did you get drug to?” She asked before taking a bite.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:06 am

Kolin shrugged as he took a seat on the side of his bed. "I won't mind either especially." Particularly as the alternative would be chomping down on one of the nutrient bars he'd stuffed in his bag before leaving. Interdimensional packaging was a lovely thing; if it could be commercialized, there well could be another technocratic fortune made from selling it...

These business musings occupied his mind until dinner was served. The hybrid's first few bites were a rapid succession of tearing and gulping to take the edge off of a day-long cultivation of hunger, but after that he was prepared to eat like a civilized being, and converse. "Hm, I rather lost count. They ranged from the high-class soiree to what essentially amounted to fashionable slumming. Yvette I first met in a discotheque that did a rousing business of providing the proletariat experience to upper bourgeois patrons. I'd pay hard crypto to see her face actual proles." He snickered at the mental image.

"Not to say I didn't have a social life before, had a favorite pub and everything. But, the owner and all my friends either died or had to leave town with no forwarding address, so I no longer had a valid excuse to refuse invitations. Until you came along, so thanks for that." Kolin smiled and nodded at Freya, toying with a sauce-soaked onion on his plate. "You have favorite hangouts yourself?"