Private Lessons

Feila is now home to a wide range of advanced technology that makes Earth's present day computers look like children's toys. Sentient androids walk the streets as free citizens, robots have taken over much of the industrial work, and the youth surf the streets on hover boards. Medicine has become so advanced that the disabled can be fitted with cybernetic limbs, while those seeking super strength can find said technology on the black market. Politics have shifted greatly, and Edwin has become a cold and controlling authoritarian state, with each of the remaining nations changed in its own manner. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Private Lessons

Post by Asyriel » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:04 am

Freya nodded when Kolin asked “Mia?” “Rackenhammer, or Von Wexlar” She replied. “She ran the Dresden Free Mercenaries in the early 21st century.” Freya explained.

Freya grinned as Kolin claimed she looked good, even if he wasn’t a harsh critic. She tilted her head a bit at the look of shock on Kolin’s face as he mentioned the chancellor. She gave the briefest chuckle as she realized the reason for that look of shock. “Seems that we are.” She commented quietly before she turned around to face said chancellor.

She offered a pleasant smile as the chancellor approached. “The winds have been in our favor on this trip.” She replied in an explanation for their early arrival.

She nodded in agreement with Kolin’s assessment to the reasons why Zechariah hadn’t told them exactly who they’d be meeting. “At least partially.” She replied before she returned her attention to the chancellor.

“My name is Freya Windsor. I’m your potential tutor.” She introduced herself with an outstretched hand. She used the surname she’d earned more than a millennium ago through her loyal service; a surname that likely held little significance to most in this day and age, but she felt it’s use here may not be misplaced. “Zechariah mentioned working with a family I’ve some shared history with.” She commented with a chuckle. “Though, if you don’t mind my asking, how is there a problem?” She asked, curious if it was a dislike of magic, or if the prospective student had started spontaneously manifesting their magical abilities in problematic ways.

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:20 am

"Dresden Free Mercenaries..." Kolin's brow furrowed. It sounded familiar, but his circle wasn't particularly interested in the doings of PMC's. Not that the DFM had been doing anything particularly headline-grabbing lately, which would make sense if you knew their true purpose...

But Kolin did not, and it was somewhat irrelevant to him right now, as the Chancellor was shaking Freya's hand along with his own. She sighed once the introductions were complete, and beckoned them to follow her inside. "Part of the problem is, well, Zech said I wouldn't have to dump too much explaining on you, considering how familiar you are with our family history, but as you've brought someone new with you- another student?" She directed the snap question at Kolin, who nodded. "Yes, well, suffice it so say that it is a long story. To make it short, my grandmother married into a particularly strong bloodline, which so far only manifested with my uncle. Unfortunately, my uncle matured much slower than normal, so we had to keep him secluded to avoid arousing suspicion. Which, in turn, hasn't made him very sociable. And when he started manifesting powers of a god of war..." She sighed again, as they turned into a parlor.

Sitting in one of the chairs was what appeared to be an tall, lanky wolf in his late teens, dressed in a rather punk-goth fashion, though the "Goth" was more like the ancient tribe than the 20th century subculture. His brown fur was wrapped in black leather, with a round cap pushing black bangs over his eyes. Both ears were pierced with what looked like small nails rather than jewelry of any kind, and laying on the table in front of him was a wicked-looking scythe with a blood-red blade. He looked up once to the approaching trio, grunted, and returned to brooding.

"May I introduce Giglamesh Wulfenback Rackenhammer." The chancellor said in a flat tone. "Gil, your teacher, Freya, has arrived, with a fellow student, Kolin von Drake." No reply. Another sigh from the Chancellor. "I hope you can get more out of him than me, I think he's just trying to get under my skin, so I'll leave you three alone." And with that, she departed.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:47 am

Freya listened carefully while the Chancellor explained the situation they were headed into. She nodded as well when Kolin’s status as a student was brought up. “Particularly strong indeed…” She commented when conversation turned to the powers manifested. “By that, I’m assuming control is a high priority for lessons then.”

When they entered the parlor, Freya looked at Gil’s aura first before taking in his physical appearance. As she noticed the scythe and it’s unusual design and coloration, she checked it’s aura as well.

“Thank you.” Freya replied to the Chancellor before she left. Freya turned her attention back to Gil. “It’s nice to meet you Gilgamesh, or would you prefer Gil?” She asked. “That’s an interesting weapon you’ve got there, particularly the color. Did you manifest that weapon by any chance?” She continued, gauging Gil’s reactions and state of mind as she did. She silently wondered to herself just what kind of approach would work best with Gil.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Slowly, Gil's head rose to meet Freya's gaze. Apparently, he was willing to grant enough respect to brush his black bangs out of his eyes before replying. Kolin could see the brown roots underneath, so that was a dye job. Not even a molecule-follicle job, from the looks of it, but that would have required leaving the chateau and going to an actual salon, so that was understandable. "Gil." He answered simply.

Looking back down at the weapon, he let his hair back down, his hand running over the handle. "Yes, some time ago. I can put it away, too." And he demonstrated this ability, grasping the handle, as the blade glowed for a second, before the whole thing vanished in a puff of red smoke. He then settled back down, looking at the dragonness. "You're pretty calm around me, I don't know if you would be if you knew my whole story."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:41 am

Freya smiled and nodded as Gil spoke. “Gil it is then.” She replied. “Was it manifested in extremity or was it a conscious decision?” She asked in some curiosity. She watched as Gil dismissed the weapon and she nodded. “It’s good that you are able to dismiss it as well; I imagine it would get tiresome to carry around all the time.” She commented with a small chuckle.

Gil mentioned her calm demeanor, and that his story may have an impact on it. She tilted her head to one side a bit, and furrowed her brow. “You don’t say.” She replied as she used her telekinesis to pull a chair over. She sat down across from Gil, and looked at him. She looked at him through eyes that had seen much, and she smiled. “I may surprise you. I’ve lived a long time, and seen a lot of things. I would like to hear your story, if you’re willing to tell it to me.” She finished with complete sincerity.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:59 pm

For all his apparent surliness, Gil was surprisingly willing to talk. It might just have been a lack of socialization that resulted in him adopting a "resting bastard face," Kolin reflected. For his part, the hybrid remained silent as Gil spoke. The story came out slowly, and somewhat jumbled, as to be expected from a teller who was unused to speaking at length.

"First time it came was my last day at school. They took me out, after. Other kids were giving me a hard time, but one of them got cut up real bad." He continued to stare at the spot in the table where the weapon had been. "It felt good. Real good. Everyone else was upset. I don't think they've stopped being upset. Especially after mom and dad died. They won't let me out."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:38 pm

As Gil spoke, Freya found herself wondering just how long he’d been isolated from others. She provided Gil her undivided attention as he spoke. The tale itself was a bit broken and sparse on details. It left her attempting to fill in the blanks on assumptions.

“It sounds like a summoning borne of extremity then.” She commented quietly as he told of the blade’s first appearance when he was being bullied. “They pulled you out after a single incident?” She seemed a little taken aback by what she perceived as a bit of an extreme reaction to an incident. “I understand that a bit of retribution can feel good, but is it something you would make a habit of?” She asked. She was trying to get a feel for Gil’s overall personality without resorting to more invasive measures. Gil brought up his parents, and this caused a bit of a frown. “Who were your parents, and how did they die; if you don’t mind my asking?” She asked before she offered a bit of explanation. “I’ve known different members of your family throughout history. I’m curious if I knew them or not.” She paused a moment. “Do you want out? What would you do if they let you out?” She asked with some curiosity.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:50 am

Gil shrugged. "Only the fist time, I could take it out later on command." He sighed and leaned back, grunting as one of his joints popped. From the looks of him, he'd been going through puberty for the better part of a century, which could not have been fun. "Don't know if they meant it to be permanent, they wanted to make sure I had control after they sent me out again. But... Mom was pretty old when she had me, and then birthing my sister took a real strain on her. Died only the year after. Dad took it hard. I don't know, life seemed to drain out of him. Then he went too. Had no teachers, so had to stay in."

When trying to remember their names, Gil frowned. It had been some time, so obviously the memory was fairly faint. "Klaus and Mia! That was it." Gil looked relieved that he hadn't forgotten, but the positive mood was temporary at best. "I've always felt I was meant for more than just... staying here, being bored, but I don't know what. Dad said he was going to tell me what I was meant for when I was old enough... but he died before then."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:35 pm

Freya nodded in understanding as Gil explained that after the first summoning of his weapon, he could complete subsequent summonings at will. She wore an expression of genuine sympathy when he spoke of his parent's death "I'm sorry you had to bear that burden so early in your life." She commented quietly.

A bittersweet smile flashed across her muzzle at the mention of Mia. "Ah, I had a feeling." She said in tones that suggested she had almost been expecting that answer. "That would make you fairly close to the same age as my children." She frowned slightly. "Though, considering that your mother and I were on relatively good terms, I'm a bit surprised your family didn't contact me sooner. Although, I don't thing she ever told me she'd had children." She looked thoughtful for a moment before she shrugged as if to dismiss the speculation. She smiled at Gil again. "Well, I do believe that I can at least teach you what you'll need to be able to control your magic, and abilities. I don't know that I can tell you what you were meant for, but if things go well, hopefully you'll be able to find it for yourself." She continued to smile as she put out her hand. "What do you say? Do you want to work with me? I'll teach you from the perspective of another inherently magical being. Maybe in training you'll find your purpose, and if not, by the time we're done you should at least be able to go out looking for it."

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Gil blinked. "Oh, didn't know you were that old."

Kolin couldn't help but interject with a grin. "She sure doesn't look it."

For the first time, Gil's attention was directed towards the hybrid. "You! Who are you?"

"Kolin von Drake, fellow student." The technocrat stuck out his hand to shake the lanky wolf's, who took it with hesitation.
"I can sense... yes, some power there. Not as much, but... there's something." Now that Gilgamesh was opening up, he seemed as if there would be little in the way of filters for anyone's feelings. Not that Kolin minded much, but he still looked curiously at Freya.

"Do you mind filling me in? I feel as if I ought to know this bloodline; I know mine is typical avian." Kolin looked at Gil curiously, and the wolf stared back, as if considering whether to keep his secret.
"God of war. Da was one of the old gods, not sure of which place, but somehow he and ma met, fell in love, and had me. Younger sister, too, but she wasn't born with the bloodline. Auntie's her descendent." He nodded towards where the Chancellor had left the room. Looking up at Freya, he nodded again. "Sure. Why not? Not as if I was doing anything better."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:10 pm

Freya laughed when Gil realized that she was older than him. "Oh dear, I'm much older than you thought. I remember when these lands were ruled by kings. If you're interested in the family history on your mother's side; I knew Miles." She grinned before she spoke again. "We dragons don't typically show our age." She finished.

"Thank you." She replied, with a wink, to Kolin's comment that she didn't look her age.

She watched as Gil and Kolin shook hands. She frowned a bit as Gil gave Kolin a rather blunt assessment of what he thought of Kolin's magic potential. She tilted her head a bit, but eventually shrugged in response to Kolin's curious look. She really had no idea who Gil was comparing Kolin to. "As much as?..." She asked with a bit of curiosity.

She chuckled as Kolin mentioned feeling he should know Gil's bloodline. "Not unless you're a history buff, and into PMC history." She commented. She was thoughtful for a moment when Gil mentioned his father being a God of war. "Reminds me of some texts I found not too long ago. Very likely dating back to the height of draconic society in this world. 'the path to ascendancy' the writings were called. She smiled again as Gil agreed to work with her to learn to use and control his powers. She chuckled as he mentioned he wasn't doing anything better. "You mean you weren't having the time of your life sitting in this room with your scythe?" She asked in teasing tones.

"All right then, with that sorted out..." She paused and looked around before frowning a bit. "Well, I suppose we should work out where these lessons are going to be." She looked back at Kolin. "Didn't Zechariah say he would be here too?" She asked. "I really don't want to just skip out of here till everything is settled..." She looked back at Gil. "At the very least, with your family."