Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Price of Knowledge

Feila is now home to a wide range of advanced technology that makes Earth's present day computers look like children's toys. Sentient androids walk the streets as free citizens, robots have taken over much of the industrial work, and the youth surf the streets on hover boards. Medicine has become so advanced that the disabled can be fitted with cybernetic limbs, while those seeking super strength can find said technology on the black market. Politics have shifted greatly, and Edwin has become a cold and controlling authoritarian state, with each of the remaining nations changed in its own manner. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: The Price of Knowledge

Post by Asyriel » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Zed showed there were some things that never changed as he stiffened uncomfortably when she hugged him. She listened with a keen interest, and mild surprise as he went straight into answering her question when she asked. She shrugged when the idea of her knowingly letting Edwin fall to the party came up. "with the first explanation about the purge, I may have been convinced." She told him, but it was obvious she wasn't completely sure of that.

With Zed's admission of his current ignorance of the what the future held, she grinned. "I plan to see that day, though my patience has improved over the years, I don't think we'll have much longer to wait. Much as the Party tries to suppress it, the numbers of the dissatisfied that are willing to do something about it are growing." She offered Dat an apologetic shrug. "Sorry, it's the eventual natural course. The Party can't stop it, only slow it down." She offered in explanation before she returned her attention to Zed.

"Perhaps this time we can work together rather than at odds with each other." She offered, "though perhaps another time and place would be more appropriate for that discussion." She smiled. "We were on our way to visit a friend and talk about Dat's future options as a pilot."

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:09 am

The notion of discontent with the Party actually existing in Edwin, for longer than 10 minutes, anyhow, was apparently a concept more alien than offensive to Dat. "How?" He was more puzzled than hurt; even loyalists knew that Big Brother was always watching. Any widespread discontent existing implied that he was asleep at the wheel.

Zed, meanwhile, was moving on. "That's not quite what I meant. But, you are right, it is probably best that I discuss such matter with you later. And with Kolin as well; what I have to propose will involve him heavily as well. Your friend Raymon, of course, I have already been in contact with. For some time, actually."

"What!?" The hybrid was in shock. "But he acted surprised at the thought of you- no, actually..." He sat back, suddenly recalling with more clarity. "He wondered if the gates were your work. He took it for granted that you existed. Were still alive, or at least recently so. Huh, I never thought you'd be in contact with the likes of him, though."

"Let us just say, that I owed a favor to his family. Ah, but I think this is your stop now." The sedan sedately came to a halt, the door opening to disgorge the trio of passengers. "I shall meet you tomorrow in Raymon's warehouse."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:13 pm

"Care, secrecy, and a lack of centralized structure." Freya replied to Dat as a very short explanation.

She nodded as Zed agreed that discussions about plans for The Party were probably better held elsewhere and at another time. It was Freya's turn to suppress a chuckle at Kolin's initial reaction to the admission that Zed had been in contact with Raymon for some time. Where Zed was involved though, there was little that surprised Freya, and Raymon's contact with Zed was just another of those things. "A favor to his family...from how long ago?" she asked curiously as the sedan came to a halt.

She stepped out of the sedan as the door opened, then turned to wave goodbye to Zed. "till then." She replied with a small smile. She turned to her two companions. "And now, back on track." She said with a wide smile as she turned and led the way into the storefront called Open Arms. Inside, an assortment of different weapons lined the walls behind protective clear panels that encased everything. The assortment was much more varied that one would expect in the days where disintegration lances ruled the world of firearms. She had the assortment one would expect in such weapons, but there were also various projectile weapons as well: coil, and rail guns, and in cases behind the counter was an assortment of antique guns, the kind that used jacketed lead bullets, in casings filled with gunpowder.

Also, behind the counter, stood a female kangaroo. Her ears perked and swiveled as the door opened, and she straightened to her full 5'10" height. She had shoulder length red hair on her head as well as a pair of welding goggles, and wore a fairly close fitting pair of coveralls minus the sleeves. "Welcome to Open Arms" She called in cheerful tones as the trio entered the shop.

"Hello Sasha" Freya replied "I've got a proposition for you." She announced as she walked toward the counter Sasha stood behind.
One of Sasha's ears flattened out to one side, and her eyes narrowed a little bit. "It's not as crazy as your last one is it?" She asked.
Freya shook her head "Oh, no. This one is quite sane." She replied with a smile.
"I hope so.." Sasha replied "but first, why don't you introduce your cute canine companion" She suggested.
"Alright." Freya replied. "Sasha, meet Dat. He's quite new to the area, and part of my proposal." She smiled at Dat "Dat, meet Sasha, she's a very talented engineer."
Sasha grinned. "Hello Dat, so what crazy scheme has Freya talked you into?" She said to Dat.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:21 pm

The whole meeting with the dragon had a curious combination of the prosaic and the fantastic. Such a legendary figure, with such intriguiging offers, could not help but stimulate Kolin's imagination. To him, the possibility of having his magical research sponsored, and used to affect the destiny of nations... well, it was no surprise that he was bouncing on the balls of his paws upon exiting the sedan.

Dat, who had felt nothing but confusion and boredom during that meeting, perked up a little at the sight of the shop. While not a skilled gunman, he was comfortable enough around weapons, and could shoot with some reasonable expectation of hitting his intended target. Still, a day at the range was not his idea of a good time; his best hope was that this shopkeeper could get him flying again.
Clearing his throat, Dat extended his paw, saying in a rather formal matter, "Pleased to Meet you, miss Sasha." That air of formality was soon shattered by excitement as a grin broke away from his facial control. "I heard you could get me into a real jet again."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Freya couldn't help feeling a little jealous at the reaction Zed had gotten from Kolin, she didn't remember near that level of excitement. Of course she had asked for compensation, unlike her counterpart.

"A pleasure indeed." Sasha replied as she shook Dat's paw. When Dat asked about her getting him into a jet, she returned a look of confusion before she looked at Freya who spoke up.
"The air races dear." She clarified to Sasha "That was my proposition. We get a team started for air racing, I'll sponsor, you'll be the mechanic and technician, and Dat here will be our pilot."
"Freya you know how busy I..." Sasha started, but cut off as she looked at Dat. The dog had been so excited, and Sasha found herself not wanting to disappoint. "Alright." She said at length. "I'll get you a list of what I need. You provide the parts, I'll put it together, and he can fly it." She returned her attention to Dat. "I'll get you in a jet, but I'm going to need someone to mind the shop while I build it, would you be willing to do that?" She asked him with grin.

Meanwhile, Freya was wondering just how well Dat had known Gawanian before she and Kolin had found him, he seemed to be doing fine with it now. This led to another question, was it the nanites helping him pick it up so easily if he hadn't known it before.
"You said again..." Freya spoke up. "How much flight experience do you already have?" She asked Dat. When they had spoke of it before it had seemed he had little to no experience, but now she wondered.