The Avian's Rest Stop (Open)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Vamp
Count
Species: Owl-Dragon

The Avian's Rest Stop (Open)

Post by Vamp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Nyuni sat upon a branch of a very large tree, though the branch she sat on was no higher than ten feet. She stretched herself, after finishing her meal of a large squirrel. The remains of said squirrel were scattered around a good ten feet away, below another there. She flew down to the ground, and stood looking like you would expect a mixture of feline and beaked avian furry to look, rather like a harpy, but not. She squatted down and plunged her face into the large creek near her, washing any blood from her feathers. I wonder if it is going to rain tomorrow... it is a bit cloudy.... She though as she pulled her head from the creek and nested down under her favorite nearby tree. Looking rather like a bird who forgot that it slept in a tree. Though she herself had no intention of sleeping. After her meal of a rather large squirrel, she could use a break from her flight. I sure hope no furry comes along and chews me out over eating a squirrel. Everyone gets mad at me for eating things like that...But what am I supposed to eat? Do they expect me to live fully on nuts and fruit?

( OOC )

It is a squirrel, not a squirrel furry... She is no cannibal.

And I can't post quickly, so if you are the type who want a post every few hours it is best not to join... I have limited computer access.

Sorry, I can't come up with much of a plot until I get someone to Rp with...Thus limited ideas untill I get someone to post =(
Last edited by Vamp on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:00 pm

The flames danced in the thin breeze. The small rabbit on the spit was slowly turned. The juices cooked and a delicious smell drifted on the breeze. Omon smiled for this was the first thing that he had caught in nearly two days.
"Some things in life can't be taught they must be learned." - unknown

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:57 pm

Nyuni jerked her head up very quickly reacting the the smell and sight of fire, as well as the crackling sound wood made in a fire. She hastily stretched her wings wide out, and stood up, before quickly moving into a crouch, which instantly made her look similar to a bird about to take off. She was just about to take off when another smell, burning meat caught her attention. Quickly she relaxed.

This was probably just a camp fire. Someone was cooking nearby. She moved over to the creek, and walked along it's banks upstream. She quickly found the source of the smell, a large Bengal tiger cooking a rabbit. She took off into a tree, landing on a large branch near the small clearing in which this rather large feline was cooking.

A rather small rabbit....Nyuni quickly wondered whether this meal would be enough for him. Quickly she got into a ready position. Now that she knew he was here, she could not sit idly by unawares. She must ALWAYS be on guard when felines where near. They were usually just plain untrustworthy. Nyuni wimple hoped this huge cat was not going to fancy a beaked avian - lynx soup to go with it's rabbit.

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:21 pm

As Omon waited with bated breath for the rabbit to finish cooking, a sound caused his ear to twitch in the direction behind him. Trying his best not to show that he heard the new commer. Omon was something of a magician and moving toward the fire Omon sketched a symbol into the ground and channeled a small amount of energy into the symbol giving it a small amount of life. The symbol vanished into the earth and reappeared below the tree a very curious person seemed to be spying from. The symbol flowed up the tree and into a branch that was directly behind the little spy. Omon was fairly certain that whoever it was that they had noticed his ear flick in their direction, but it wouldn't matter soon enough. The branch suddenly whipped forward and delivered a loud smack to the little spy.
"You know that spying is not a very nice thing to do."
Says Omon while he takes out some eating utensils from his bag and then the small rabbit off its spit.
"If you want some of my meager kill then you are free to have some."
Says Omon with a slight smirk.

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Nyuni watched as the tiger's ear move, it was clearly hearing something, but was it her? Soon she heard a strenge sound, and then a sudden Load cracking sound that nearly made her fall off the branch. Her heart racing Nyuni struggled to collect herself.

" N...n...no thank you.... " She managed to stammer out. She had not meant to spy or anything of the sort. She took off and flew to another branch, tucking her thighs and shins in as she flew. She landed under another tree. She kept her wing like arms, or arm like wings expanded, ready to take off again at a moments notice. " I.....i...Didn't mean to spy.....But... I heard your f....fire and the food, and sm...smelled the meat and c...c...came to see w...what it was.... I stayed h...hidden because my p...p...parents were k...k...k...killed by f...felines, I didn't want to d...die... "

Her tails moved around her, side to side, reflecting her cautious and rather terrified mood perfectly. It would often flinch or make other erratic movements. The feathers on her head would poke up and lie down again. Her heart seems to dislike her and sped up even more, it was thrumming like a humming birds wings.

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Omon instantly regretting his small magical prank, begins to eat his rabbit, and thoughtfully chews.
"You know not all felines aren't like that. IF a feral did it then it was tragic, but if a sentient creature killed your parents it is called murder. You should be more assertive. If your timid like that most likely some will take advantage of you. If you assume the worst about people, you will not make many friends."
Reaching into his side pouch Omon searches for a certain herb. A large leafy herb that gives off a pungent odor. Omon casually tosses it not the fire. Soon a strange pleasant sent wafts through the air. This smoke is one that relaxes. A person becomes much more relaxed when they inhale this smoke. Omon uses it on people who go into shock, and if that little bird doesn't look like someone in shock then I'll eat my boats. Waiting until he is sure that the bird is more calm Omon says,
"Now if I may ask what is such a timid little bird such as yourself doing alone in this place. I'd assume you'd be scared out of your wits just being here."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Nyuni's heart slowed down a bit as she heard him talk. Unless he was a VERY good lair, she was not about to die, or at least not by his hands. she let her wings lie down, she sat down more fully, soaking in his both wise and odd words. It was true, if she kept on like this she was sure to be little more than a bundle of nerves. truly she did need to learn to relax.

Then he threw some kind of plant leaves into the fire and a wonderful scent came wafting through the air. Nyuni was already loving it's scent. While her magical gifts where little, she knew a good amount of some types of magic, her best element being wind. She simply concentrated a bit and soon a light breeze was blowing the light smoke in her direction, and a wave of that wonderful scent blew aross her. She would literaly feel herself calming down, almost hear her heart slow.

" I am not scared of being alone in the woods... Nature is unbaised...They felines that killed my parents did so because they though a blending of bird and feline an abomination... The beaked avians that raised me taught me from day one to fear them...It is just how I was raised, to try and make myself as invisible as possible around felines...or people in general... "

" What kind of plant is that? " She then asked, whatever it was she needed to learn how to recognize it if she came by it. Such a plant would be usefull to her.

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Omon smiled in a slight relief as the over nervous bird calmed down. After hearing the question about the plant Omon smiles.
"The plant is common enough. It is called Dolltan. It grows just about everywhere in this area. Brew the leaves and you get a nice sedative. Burning the leaves increases their effectiveness. I happen to have a couple on me, and I don't mind sparing a few."
Omon eyes flash and with a mirth that is visible there and says,
"And they are intended to keep people from entering chock, and might I say you are a prime candidate to be taking this herb."
Being unable to tease the avian Omon laughs.
"Since it is proper custom to introduce ones self before asking for another's name. I am Omon, and who my dear might you be?"

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:44 pm

" Nyuni is my name...Nice to meat you...She said, the calm had sotthed her greatly. She even began to feel a bit confident. Which was a rare event in itself. She fligeted a bit and adjusted her legs. She was quite sure she was ok now, and felt it almost an insult to him to be in a position which was defensive. She pulled up some grass with the fingers on her wing-arms.

Now that she was calmed and relaxed she was fidgeting as usual. She always liked to have something in her hands. One of her feathers was sticking out strangely so she pulled it out. It didn't hurt much, feathers fell out, she was simply shedding / moalting. Though it was just a few feathers, most that were loose had fallen out in the past week, leaving her new better feathers. She twirled the feather idly in her hand.

" Thank you...For your help...I feel much better.... "

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Smiling Omon says thoughtfully,
"You know Nyuni you do look to be in better spirits. I do have to apologize for my earlier mishap. I tend to have a mischievous streak. I honestly didn't consider you would not be inclined to be the subject of my mirth. You have my humblest apologies for my slight at your expense."
Taking two cups from his bag Omon poor himself some water from his flask. He slowly raises the glass towards his face and then he mumbles a single word and the glass flashes black for a moment.
"I have to cast the purifying spell or else I will get the flux. Mind you I don't wish the flux on any creature. Would you like some water?"

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:59 pm

" Umm.... The Flux? What is that? I have not heard of that....And sure...I am a bit thirsty...and do not worry about it....you more that made up for it.....I should not have been so startled.... "

Nyuni smiled, though it would not be very visible, or noticed for a smile, having a beak made your mouth much less expressive. All that would likely be seen was a slight change in the way her beak was positioned. She reached down and stroked the furr on her tail idly. She always love the sensation. It was one of those feline triats she inherited she quessed. She had always loved the way it felt to be stroked, and as such often stroked her own tail(s). It was odd, It was one for a few inches and then split into two seperate tails, each with a feathery fan at the end. She could eaven use it like a birds tail, to adjust her flight and make turns easier.

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:13 pm

quickly repeating the earlier process Omon hands the class of water to the appologetic bird.
"I fell much better after hearing that my dear. My meal was quite sour when I felt I had slighted you, but if you say all is well then am glad."
Taking out a few more of those leaves that Nyuni had expressed an interest in Omon placed a few in a small cloth and handed the cloth and its contents to Nyuni.
"Here you said you wanted a few for yourself. These grow wild around here and on my next walk I'll pick up few. I need them for my profession. I am a healer. You know if you have any requests for healing or any medicine you might require I do have some free time right now if you need any help."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:20 pm

" Thank you... these will help much, and for the water... " Nyuni took the water and the leaves. She needed to remember to buy a bag to carry things in, though she usualy carried nothing, it would be helpfull. She did have the abilities to cary the leaves though.

Nyuni was greatly interested now. She had only ever heard of a healer. It sounded very interesting. " So what does a healer do? I mean...how can you help more than just letting things heal? And how did you learn so much? Did you have a teacher? I have never seen an accual healer before... "

She stoped talking, and though it over. A real healer...she had never accualy met one. He didn't appear to look like one. You would expect such a person to be a warrior or something mundane but a healer? Now her inate curiousity that was always there, just behind the caustion and fear was activated and she was ready to hear all she could.

" Sorry....I am just very curious....I have never accualy met one... "

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Smiling ruefully to himself Omon replies with a chuckle,
"No need to worry. My parents owned a healers shop, and I needed to learn healing in order to one day take over. Though you might have noticed that I look like I would be better suited to wielding a sword. My family has been tied to the army as medical healers for a long time. I'm sure if my father were still around I too would have been conscripted into the imperial Edwin guard. I am not the best warrior, but I am able to protect myself. You know I much prefer to heal people then run them through with my blade. I healer does many things. For example if you break your leg then I cam upon you I would have to set your bone least it heal wrong and cause you to limp for the rest of your life. of course I would give you something to dull the pain, and I would set the bone to heal correctly. And I would finish by giving you something to sleep on. A healer is responsible for healing the sick or injured. "
Chuckling to himself Omon states,
"I'd like to think I am one of the best out there, though I can't say for sure."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Wow, sounds really interesting. I do not really have a profession....I would like one but I just can't find one that suites me...I do not work at all, merely travel for the sake of traveling, living of the land and what I can find. It is not bad, but sometimes I wish I could do more. "

Nyuni was very amazined at this....Sure she had seen people break a bone, and seen someone set it, but where she grew up they never had an official healer, more like someone who had knowledge, but didn't make a job out of it. It wounded like a good enough job. " Yeah, I think healing is better than wounding...I mean how can bringing more pain into someone's life make anything better? "