The Avian's Rest Stop (Open)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Omon smiled sadly,
"You can't win every battle. There are some people that you cannot save no matter what you do. Although I do what I can the people who die of old age, the far gone, and the severely injured mostly can not be saved. The life of a healer can be filled with immense joy, to profound sadness. The birth of a child is a joyous event just like the death of a a man can leave a emptiness within your soul. Whatever you may think every life comes with a price. Be sure to choose you life with dignity and finality."
Shaking his head Omon smiled loosely,
"Do not fear little one I am sure that I save many more people then I lose. I just wanted you to know what type of life I lead, so you would hold no illusions about it."
"Some things in life can't be taught they must be learned." - unknown

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Sponsor

Vamp
Count
Species: Owl-Dragon

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Nyuni though about this, indeed she would not like to watch someone die. It would be very disheartening. She definately felt sorry for him, but at the same time didn't, it was very odd. Perhaps the death and life canceled each other out in a way.

" I imagine failing is a natural part of life, and thus all people feel sadness for the dead. Ou simply have the honor and abilitiy to not only save and help some, but herhaps help other to die with more dignity perhaps? Or would it be called comfort. I imagine the burder you bear must be great. But take heart in the fact that you can at least help those doomed to die, do so with less pain. Even should they die you are able to give them some comfort. I imagine it must feel very odd... "

It was weird to her herself talking like that. Often she could be described as childish in a way. More like being easily entertained and such, not in am imature way. I was odd to hear herself saying things she could not truly know or understand. But at the same time that was how she felt. She was often described my others where she grew up as being young at heart but wise at the same time? Was this wisdom? Was she drasticly wrong? " Sorry... I should not have said that I suppose...I do not understand I guess.

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:14 pm

"Sometimes the easily answer is the right answer. I do what I can to help those in need. If that help is comforting someone as they go to the grave that too is a healers task. What I can do to help my fellow fur is something that I do with honor and dignity."
Omon smiles and then cocks his head
"Even if that duty leads me to clean the bed pans."
Obviously shaking himself out of his morbid mode Omon takes a deep breath.
"If you are curious about healing I can teach you a bit. I mean i am a traveler as well. You know there is a difference between traveling and going on a journey. The difference between the two is that a journey is made with the pretense that you still have a home to go back to while a traveling is without end."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Nyuni considered this. Cleaning bed pans didn't sound remotely interesting...but after all, it has to be done. All jobs need someone willing to do them. " That would be great! " Nyuni exclaimed, she had never though of that but having an accual purpose in life might be a help... I mean if she could be of use...any use that would be great. traveling was ok, sure, but accualy being some use to the world would be great.

Though she knew he would probably not teach her too much, he had a life and a job to do. Any knowledge was not a bad thing. " I doubt I would be of much use..........but any knowledge comes in handy...Every kind of information eventualy gets used...I would just hate to slow you down or take your time..... "

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:30 pm

"I am sitting in the middle of a forest offering my services to an avian of quite a nervous dispositions. If I were in the service to any great king I am in the wrong place for it. IF I had what you'd call a life you'd no doubt not see me here. I am traveling for a personal reason and I don't have a set destination. You'd only need to ask any question and I will answer honestly. Simple healing would greatly help one who travels alone. trust me it has been a great benefit to me."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:39 pm

" .........Fair...point. And yes even the most basic of knowledge is better than none at all. I suppose that is more than just true. And traveling alone I am likely to injure myself...so any knowledge would be wonderfull. I have a very limited supply that pertains to healing but i suppose we all start somewhere.... Yes, I would be most gratefull to learn from you. Perhaps I can be usefull in my life. It pains me to say that should I come across a wounded fur....as my knowledge stands now....all I could do is to run and fetch someone who has more knowledge... "

Indeed the though did pain her. Having to leave someone wounded and weak simply because she did not know what to do? The thoguh made her feel pathetic and desperate to learn anything all the more. She quickly wrenched that though from her mind, and though something new. She was going to learn. To possibly even be usefull in such a situation!

The though alone made her very happy indeed. Her tail was almost waving like a dogs at that point. The feathers on her head perked up like a parrots almost. It was clear that she was now exited.

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:50 pm

"You'd beter calm down. The read of a healer is a hard one. You'll regret it soon enough when I wake you in the middle of the night to ask you what type of herbs will cure an illness. Often if you are in a town you'll be woken up in the middle of the night to cure an illness. You must keep the knowledge at hand no matter what situation you are in. Many things will happen, but be sure of one thing. by the time the dust settles you will be at least competent. The road will be hard and long. I can't say I know where it will end, but I can say that when you reach the end of the road you will be better off for it."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:58 pm

At this her tails died down quite a bit. It sounded more annoying than anything, but difficult would be right up there with it. But if it would be usefull that difficulty now would be repaid 100 times over with the usefull knowledge and skill that would be gained. Would not any difficulties be worth such knowledge in the end.

" .....Wow, but as you said, worth it. I never thought it would be easy.....But I just love to learn. I have not learned anything more usefull in a while than a plant that helped take care of a stomach ache...thats about the extent of my knowledge at this point, is a common plant to hlep a stomach ache and a tree that has a milky colored sap that helps keep infection away when spread on a cut...Other than that though....I am a blank slate when it comes to this... I am just scared i will be failed because I do not know enough.... "

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Omon smiled,
"There is three things a healer can do to be a healer. You can heal with herbs, heal with magic, and you can heal time. These are three things a healer must have. I can only help with two of these things. time will come as it pleases. Now let us get to training.
Omon Smiles devilishly into the firelight,
"And it begins. Apprentice."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Nyuni woke with a start in the morning. She was not sure what woke her up, but as her apprentice trained hard picked up she had indeed been woken up often in the middle of the night for "drills" for lack of a better word. She has yet to regret her choice but it must be said it had it's ups and it definatly had its downs. When not awoken in the middle of the night there was the fact that she always tried to be thinking about what she learned, memorizing it as fast as she could. She would never know when she would suddenly need it. And she did learn much, so much that she spent much of her breaks meditating on it. There was always the shear "homework".

She must memorize almost everything that came at her. With the result of the fact that as time came and went she did learn very much. She even became more comfident in herself. This in itself was very welcome. The fact that she was now somewhere vaguely usefull helped her emotional problems greatly. She was much less depressed and easily scared. It was not like he was unreasonable, but the world is a tough place, and it is a tough job.

The training wasn't non stop, it was bearable and workable. Omon seemed to know where to draw the line. after her months of training a change was created in Nyuni that was most welcome.

As she stood up on her legs, looking a bit harpy like, she survied her surroundings. No immediate danger it seemed. Perhaps this was just intuition that woke her. She seemed to have developed a kind of instict that sometimes woke her as if to keep her on guard.

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Omon smiled as he noticed her wake up as he began to spy on her. Here training had been tough on her. Herbs and proper healing techniques and a small amount of healing magic. Omon cleared his throat,
"Very good."
Omon walked into the camp ground and smiled in a proud smile.
"There is nothing that I can teach you without going to those who need aid. It is time to continue the travels from when i frst meet you. There is a town a nmall walk away from here. It is there that your training will reach its final stages. We leave today. "
Omon had already packed his bag and sat down cross legged.
"As soon as you are finished we shall go."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Nyuni hastily grabbed her bag and checked that what she needed was in there. She searched quickly though it. The herbs she had picked, her small amount of money, her handwritten book on herbs, a couple of runes should she need to use some healing magic, and a couple small metal cups. Good, it was all there.

She stretched her wings, tail(s), legs, and neck at at once, and surveyed the area around her again. She picked a couple of leaves from a small bush near her, that she couldn't even remember when she learned what it did. Then she grabbed a peice of fruit from a nearby tree, after taking a moment to look it over of course. Before walking up to Omon, ready to leave. " Ok, ready to go. Sorry for delaying you. "

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:26 pm

You are prepared, and that is something worth waiting for. rushing would not help you at all. You know the city of Brixen is located within walking distance. It is a very big city. Normally i would have taken you to a city or village sooner, but you have grown as a person. You wouldn't have survived very long as you used to be. You are much more then you used to be. "
Omon rises up and begins walking south.
"You are much more on you way to being a very good healer."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Vamp
Count

Post by Vamp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Nyuni started on the way to Brixen walking near Omon. " I suppose I must agree there. I can not deny that I have changed for the better, the majority your doing. But as for me being on my way to beign a good healer...I am only an aprrentice. I am not sure I have the knowledge as of yet. But as you said, some things must be learned by expirience and not simply taught. I suppose these are the things I must learn now. "

Before her travels with Omon she would have been very anxious but the changes the training and Omon himself had brought out a new, less timid and more confident Nyuni. She could handle it if he though she was ready. He had not yet given her a task he knew she could not handle. Firm and tough, but flexible and dependable. A great person to train her. It was amazing what the past months had brought. She knew more than ever and felt like she was making something of herself.

omndragon
Duke

Post by omndragon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 pm

The walk itself was uneventful. The peace and tranquility that pervaded that walk gave Omon the feeling of the calm before the storm. Omon knew talking about snapping a broken bone forcibly into place was something, but doing it was entirely different. As they walked Omon saw the gates of the city now. There was four guards standing on the city walls. The gate itself was open and the traffic through the gate itself was healthy and there were many groups of people going into and out of the gate. Omon was curious to see how the crowds would effect his apprentice. He knew that it would be difficult to take the masses that all these people would provide. Though he had faith she would pull though fine.
"Here we go little one. We will now enter the city."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin