Ruins of War (open)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Tal_os
Count
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm
Gender: Male

Ruins of War (open)

Post by Tal_os » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:18 pm

(Feel free to join in at anytime. If your character bio isn't in your signature, please post it when you join.)

Somewhere deep in the country of Gawain, stood a fortress, surrounded on all sides by a seemly endless forest. Sunlight filtered through the treetops, and nearby a brook ran through the woods. Ahead, a few hundred feet past the treeline, stood the dark walls of a once-mighty citadel. An enormous fortress, it dominated the nearby landscape. In it's glory days, it terrorized the towns and attacked any enemy forces that dared to encroach on it's territory. Normally manned by an army 2,000 strong, it's walls once bristled with defenders. Not anymore. A mighty army had come and conquered the citadel. They tore down it's walls and shattered it's main gate. Then they left, leaving a burning ruin behind. Rumors began, that the ghosts of the defenders still haunted the ruins, that dark creatures had taken up residence within. The place was avoided, and no attempts were made to repair it.

Recently, a group of bandits, about 40 strong, had taken the citadel as their own. Raiding towns, then disappearing into the fortress's countless hallways and chambers to escape pursuit. Recently, they had gotten bolder, going to far as raiding a government convoy and making off with an artifact of considerable power. A small group of elite solders was being assembled to wipe out the bandits, but before they got here someone had to be sent in to retrieve the artifact so the outlaws couldn't use it to defend themselves.

That was were Felik came in. It was his job to find and secure the relic by the end of the week. He was crouched at the treeline, surveying the citadel from afar. He didn't see any of the bandits on the walls. The coast looked clear. He had already located his next destination: A copse of trees just 50 feet away from the shattered main gateway. He took a deep breath prepared to break cover.

Sponsor
 

xilo
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

Post by xilo » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:45 am

(Natasha's Profile)

at around the time Felik was about to break cover. Natasha had been carrying a rather large bag of spears with the tips pointed up "ugh, man next time I'm using a horse and a carriage" she says with a slight grunt as she stops in front of the fortress in plain sight. She looks up and the large building, thinking she has the right address but hoping she didn't "Hello?!" she calls and waits for an answer from the seemingly ghostly front hall.

KyleFawx
Peasant
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by KyleFawx » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:46 am

Jack came into sight in the building staring at the person with the spears then chuckling. "I think you have the wrong adress, Those couldnt be for me. But, you look like your in need of a bit of help." Jack said as he walked over to try and give some assistance to Natasha. "My names Jack, Pleasure to meet ya. Bit of rough stuff going on 'round here lately, so I wouldnt reccomend you stay long. Only been here so long myself, and theres some wierd characters 'round here." Then looking over Natasha's shoulder, he could hardly make out the figure of another person off in the distance.
If your reading this, I'm going to fire my lazar at you in


3
2
1...
...
No lazar?
Darn...
Well here's my profile if you need it ;)
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3850

Tal_os
Count
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm
Gender: Male

Post by Tal_os » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Felik shifted position, trying to get a better view of the two newcomers. Neither of them looked like the bandits, although one of them had come from inside the fortress. This would make getting inside much more difficult. Remaining unseen was very important, yet he didn't see any way to move on without being spotted. The person in the gate turned towards Felik, and he immediately ducked behind cover. He started walking, heading towards an area where the forest reached the walls. Using the trees as cover, he approached a breach in the fortress's defenses, moving without a sound until he reached the citadel walls. A small side gate lay open, and he ducked inside. To his right was the front gate, with only piles of rubble between him and the sight of the two standing there.

xilo
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

Post by xilo » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 pm

"here are the Javelins you ordered." Natasha says, then pulls the bag in front and smiles hoping they would pay up there end of the bargain. after all she had taxes to pay, and food to buy so she could have something to eat. also she needed new cutting tools to make better Javelins. she then heard something walk through the grass and perks her ears in the direction. then relaxes and decides it might only be a squirrel or something like that

KyleFawx
Peasant
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by KyleFawx » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Jack rolled his eyes then payed the money he "owed" and put them at the front gate, hoping whoever ordered them would find them. Then hearing the noise aswell, turned in the direction and looked off in the distance, hoping to hear somthing. "Uh, Well, I best be going, I only stopped here for uh... Directions." then dashed off in persuit of the sound.
If your reading this, I'm going to fire my lazar at you in


3
2
1...
...
No lazar?
Darn...
Well here's my profile if you need it ;)
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3850

Tal_os
Count
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm
Gender: Male

Post by Tal_os » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:33 pm

The cheetah's abrupt sprint startles Felik. He stumbles backwards in surprise, before recovering and turning to leave. He picks a direction at random and bolts, disregarding stealth in favor of speed. Jumping over fallen columns, pushing through shattered doors, and doing his best to escape pursuit. His flight is brought to an abrupt stop when he trips over a fallen wooden beam and smashes into a wall. He slowly gets up, looking back down the corridor to see if his purser managed to follow him all this way. Still dazed, he wanders into a nearby room and sits down, his back against the door. I just need some rest. Then I'll go. I just need to wait until my head stops hurting. He tells himself.

xilo
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

Post by xilo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Natasha sits down and rests where she was, wandering why the person had ordered a bunch of spears and simply left them before dashed off in oddly the same direction of the sound. she was definitely tired, she leaned against the fortress and closes her eyes and relaxes, slowly drifting off into a cat nap raising the air pressure directly around her so that no one could attack her

KyleFawx
Peasant
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by KyleFawx » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Jack continued to follow the figure he had seen dart off until he saw it hit a wall. He continued persuing the person until he found the room. When he tried to open the door, it was kept shut by the person's weight holding it back, he sighed and found a nearby tree. Then closed his eyes and decided to continue taking his nap.
If your reading this, I'm going to fire my lazar at you in


3
2
1...
...
No lazar?
Darn...
Well here's my profile if you need it ;)
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3850

Tal_os
Count
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm
Gender: Male

Post by Tal_os » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:50 pm

Felik heard the footsteps of the cheetah outside. When he tried to open the door, Felik held it closed until eventually the cheetah gave up. A few minutes later, he opened the door a crack. The bandit looked like he was asleep. He cautiously left the room and turned the corner, heading back the way he came. He had been walking for about a minute, when the sound of footsteps reached him. A ferret in armor rounded the corner, one of the raiders that occupied the ruins. The ferret caught sight of Felik, and opened his mouth to shout a warning. Without thinking, Felik lashed out and struck the ferret. He stumbled back, and Felik followed up with another blow. The raider was caught off guard, and blow knocked him to the ground. He was still breathing, but he didn't move. Felik hurried on, before another guard was attracted by the noise.

KyleFawx
Peasant
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by KyleFawx » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Jack woke up and without thinking, Shot an arrow at the two raiders in persuit of Felik. Piercing one through the heart and the one lying on the ground through the head. Then ran after Felik until he finaly caught up with him and said, "Heh, Seems you need a little help bud. The Name's Jack." Extending one of his paws
If your reading this, I'm going to fire my lazar at you in


3
2
1...
...
No lazar?
Darn...
Well here's my profile if you need it ;)
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3850

xilo
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

Post by xilo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:55 am

Natasha Woke up not even two minutes after she had gone to sleep she got back up and looked around seeing no one around she hovered off the ground then took off straight up. now flying well above the forest line she saw something coming at her right after she heard a loud boom, a canon ball! she quickly dives down and hovers right next to Jack and Felik without even realizing it, she stays hovered trying to decide if she should shoot back up and fly off or if she should use the cover of the trees too get away

Tal_os
Count
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm
Gender: Male

Post by Tal_os » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Felik shakes Jack's hand and glances around, checking for more enemies. "Thanks. I'm Felik. If your not a raider, why are you..." His train of thought is interrupted as the sound of a cannon going off echos through the ruins. A dark spot appears in the sky, growing closer. He braces himself for an attack as a feline comes to a stop a few feet away. She doesn't seem hostile, so Felik relaxes a little, but doesn't completely let down his guard. He approaches her cautiously. "Your the person from earlier, the one with the spears. I'm Felik, by the way. Why is someone shooting at you?"

xilo
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

Post by xilo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Natasha turns to Felik swiftly and was about to send him flying until she spotted Jack. she figured he meant no harm to her. she hovers onto her feet, then walks up to them and curtsies(?) "um ...yeah ...have you been spying on me?" Natasha asks a little annoyed that he saw her carrying the spears from earlier.

KyleFawx
Peasant
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by KyleFawx » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:03 pm

"Uh, I dont know, I just went to that fortress place to find directions to the next town. They didnt accept me to well." Jack said as he looked at the scar on his arm. "They dont accept outsiders to friendly I suppose. And I doubt he means any harm to us aswell." Jack says with a shrug.
If your reading this, I'm going to fire my lazar at you in


3
2
1...
...
No lazar?
Darn...
Well here's my profile if you need it ;)
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3850

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest